Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Aug 22, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2013
No, I never "had no idea why were things happening" because I actually paid attention to the movie.
Aug 22, 2014 1:21 PM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
No, I never "had no idea why were things happening" because I actually paid attention to the movie.
Basically.

Forget the twist and the supposedly OOC Homura, if you didnt even understand why Mami and Homura(what was the point of the spoiler tag?) fought then yeah "falling asleep" twice is at fault not the movie and the writer.
Aug 22, 2014 1:25 PM

Nov 2012
Unchou said:
If you can't see the endless amount of exposition; the tiring amounts of bad, textbook dialogue, the actions that were happening on screen such as
that you had no idea why they were happening, and the fact that exactly after the twist Homura lost her entire 'shy' and selfless character and suddenly became egogentric and an enemy to Sayaka that speaks so openly, I don't think we've watched the same movie.

God damn, I almost fell asleep twice during this movie. Sucks to have one of my favourite writers in this.
Not everyone has the attention spam of an ant, don't blame the show for your own flaws.
Aug 27, 2014 7:51 PM
Mar 2014
Homura is a devil and Madoka is a god. Now the rest just need to transform into deities as well, and we'll have something like the Greek pantheon, except a lot cuter.
Aug 29, 2014 2:33 PM

Feb 2013
I understood all the anime of Modoka Magica but when this third movie came I didn´t undertood almost nothing.
Can someone explain me?...
Aug 30, 2014 3:31 AM
Aug 2012
3pilif said:
I understood all the anime of Modoka Magica but when this third movie came I didn´t undertood almost nothing.

Sure just ask ahead

On another note, regarding Homura: obsession will turn you into a yandere

Not that there's anything wrong with that
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited blade works.
Aug 30, 2014 5:25 PM

May 2013
My god this was terrible. Plot holes up the ass and everything. You can have all the good visuals you want, but it ain't gonna hold up a story like this on it's own.

I mean you know it's poor writing when fights happen and you have no idea why. Not to mention everything else, but I'd be here all day. What the fuck were you thinking Shinbou?
Aug 30, 2014 6:09 PM

Jun 2014
Dark_Chaos said:
My god this was terrible. Plot holes up the ass and everything. You can have all the good visuals you want, but it ain't gonna hold up a story like this on it's own.

I mean you know it's poor writing when fights happen and you have no idea why Not to mention everything else, but I'd be here all day. What the fuck were you thinking Shinbou?

Actually it's a case of you not paying attention.
Aug 30, 2014 8:20 PM

Aug 2009
Szadek23 said:
Dark_Chaos said:

I mean you know it's poor writing when fights happen and you have no idea why Not to mention everything else, but I'd be here all day. What the fuck were you thinking Shinbou?

Amusing how there are two people in this page that prove that it is a fucking miracle they even know they watched madoka.
Aug 31, 2014 8:51 AM

May 2013
ssjokg said:
Szadek23 said:

Amusing how there are two people in this page that prove that it is a fucking miracle they even know they watched madoka.

The fact that more than one person couldn't understand that convoluted mess just proves how much of a convoluted mess it was. If your anime/game/manga/whatever can't convey your plot properly to the audience, it has failed and you have failed as a creator, no exceptions. I shouldn't have to watch something more than once to understand it.

Everything else I've seen so far I've understood perfectly, and I do mean everything. Darker than Black, Higurashi, hell, I even understood the Blazblue anime with no knowledge whatsoever of the games, and we all know how convoluted that thing is, so for this mess to leave me in the dark is most certainly saying something. They conveyed their plots correctly, Madoka Movie 3 did not.
Aug 31, 2014 9:04 AM

Feb 2014
Dark_Chaos said:
ssjokg said:

The fact that more than one person couldn't understand that convoluted mess just proves how much of a convoluted mess it was. If your anime/game/manga/whatever can't convey your plot properly to the audience, it has failed and you have failed as a creator, no exceptions. I shouldn't have to watch something more than once to understand it.

Everything else I've seen so far I've understood perfectly, and I do mean everything. Darker than Black, Higurashi, hell, I even understood the Blazblue anime with no knowledge whatsoever of the games, and we all know how convoluted that thing is, so for this mess to leave me in the dark is most certainly saying something. They conveyed their plots correctly, Madoka Movie 3 did not.

What exactly was so hard to understand?
Aug 31, 2014 9:35 AM
Aug 2012
HeisenDurden said:
Dark_Chaos said:

My question exactly, I don't think it's really that hard to understand, at the very least for me
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited blade works.
Aug 31, 2014 9:56 AM

Aug 2009
Dark_Chaos said:
ssjokg said:

I will be honest.

It mean that you(plural) either didn't pay attention or are stupid as fuck.
Want to talk about numbers?
Well ok.
Madoka 3 is ranked #27.All those voted so high because they did it without having understood the plot?

The movie, even if Homura ations towards the end are questionable, makes everything about the false city,QB's plan and what the fuck is going on PERFECTLY clear.The characters clearly spell out the situation in the same way they do in the tv series.
Aug 31, 2014 12:48 PM

May 2013
HeisenDurden said:
Dark_Chaos said:

For starters, we are told that some of the group got Madoka's memories, yet they never informed Homura of what was going on. Instead of trying to get Homura out, they tried to keep her in. Sayaka was very persistent in this endeavour. I thought the goal was to get her out? Because they sure weren't doing that. I forget which of the group inherits the memories exactly, but surely one of them could have done something.

Then there's the whole thing of Madoka knowing everything and being everywhere at once. How did she not know of Kyubeys plans? Also, how did Kyubey manage to find out what "the law of the cycle" can and cannot see if he doesn't know much about it?

And then there's the whole "Homura absorbing a god" or whatever. Sorry, but I don't buy that a "demon" has more power than an almighty god.

Just to name a few.
Aug 31, 2014 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
THey also must NOT reveal anything to QB.Telling Homura what is going does exactly that because QB is watching from everywhere.

Even if she knows she cant do anything because that is beyond her powers.THE only powers she has is to save Magical girls right before they become real witches.
He knows, thanks to Homura in ep12, that there is a concept out there, a force, that saves magical girls.He only needs to remove the girls from ALL "outside" interactions.
And QB is the one that can grant wishes as long as he has enough energy.You really question his abilities?

MAdoka is only called a god.She isnt one.She has 0 powers except saving the girls at the very last moment, she isnt almighty.Likewise Homura is only called demon.

Clearly a case of not paying attention and placing false labels/powers on the characters.
Aug 31, 2014 1:10 PM

May 2013
ssjokg said:
And QB is the one that can grant wishes as long as he has enough energy.You really question his abilities?

He can grant wishes, but it is never said that he or any of his race can make them themselves, otherwise he wouldn't have to go through so much trouble to observe and manipulate Madoka. Even if he could make wishes himself, without the witches, he lacks the energy. Think about it.

ssjokg said:

MAdoka is only called a god.She isnt one.She has 0 powers except saving the girls at the very last moment, she isnt almighty.Likewise Homura is only called demon.

Let me quote Madoka's exact words here from the very end of the original series, episode 12 -

Madoka said:
I can see all of the past and future now. All of the universes that once were and all of those that might come to be. All of them.

You can go back to episode 12 and see that indisputable fact. Seems like someone wasn't paying attention. Since she knows everything, she should have seen this coming and should have been able to stop it, but did not. This is probably the biggest plot hole in the entire movie, and is why I pretend the movie doesn't even exist.
Aug 31, 2014 1:30 PM

Aug 2009
I clearly said "IF he has energy" and that is the energy each magical girl has.Has nothing to do with witches or collection of energy.
The point is he CAN make those wishes come true if he has the energy.Since the tv series QB's race was established as having "advanced magical technology". He only needed a barrier to stop all forces.WAY easier than granting wishes.

What you quote doesnt make her an almighty god that can do everything.Her only power, her only way to interact with the world is by going there, purifying the Soul gem and taking the girl with her.
Even if she KNOWS what will happen she CANT do anything about it.She is only a force that does exactly what I said above.
What you quoted has nothing to do with this.

The biggest plothole is that some viewers remember only parts of the show and come to random conclusions even if it is stated otherwise in the show, just like you proved with both of your statements here.
ssjokgAug 31, 2014 1:33 PM
Aug 31, 2014 1:41 PM

May 2013
ssjokg said:
I clearly said "IF he has energy" and that is the energy each magical girl has.Has nothing to do with witches or collection of energy.
The point is he CAN make those wishes come true if he has the energy.Since the tv series QB's race was established as having "advanced magical technology". He only needed a barrier to stop all forces.WAY easier than granting wishes.

Magical Girls only provide a small amount of energy. It is when they turn into witches that they provide massive amounts of energy. Surely the energy of Magical Girls alone isn't enough, and again, it is never said that Kyubey nor his race can make wishes for themselves. Oddly enough, you ignored that part for some reason. If they could make wishes fore themselves, they wouldn't go to all the trouble, it'd be over instantly.

And again, he says he doesn't know much about the law of the cycle and can't interact with it, so how did he find out what can prevent her from observing? And how did Madoka let him do this when she clearly saw this coming? Don't forget - Madoka is still a Magical Girl, the strongest Magical Girl. She could easily get rid of Kyubey, and even if she couldn't, she could get rid of the material Kyubey was using. We clearly saw that Madoka can interfere with the world if she wants, and we saw her power back in the last episode of the original series.

Just go back and watch the original series again, please. I'd rather not educate you any further because this is just downright embarrassing. In fact, I question if you had even seen the original series after examining your responses.
Aug 31, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2009
Dark_Chaos said:

Magical Girls only provide a small amount of energy.It is when they turn into witches that they provide massive amounts of energy. Surely the energy of Magical Girls alone isn't enough, and again, it is never said that Kyubey nor his race can make wishes for themselves. Oddly enough, you ignored that part for some reason. If they could make wishes fore themselves, they wouldn't go to all the trouble, it'd be over instantly.

Right...Except that this has nothing to do with what I am saying or what the series showed.

Dark_Chaos said:

And again, he says he doesn't know much about the law of the cycle and can't interact with it, so how did he find out what can prevent her from observing? And how did Madoka let him do this when she clearly saw this coming? Don't forget - Madoka is still a Magical Girl, the strongest Magical Girl. She could easily get rid of Kyubey, and even if she couldn't, she could get rid of the material Kyubey was using. We clearly saw that Madoka can interfere with the world if she wants, and we saw her power back in the last episode of the original series.

Madoka is a force.And he has seen that force in action countless times already.He doesnt know WHY it exists.But he knows it is there.Whatever he did,managed to block that force.It doesnt matter f he tried again with other girls till he got it right or if that was the first lucky try.
Again.Even if Madoka knows she CANT do anything about it because it is beyond her powers.She isnt a magical girl or a human, she has no existence.She is only a concept, a force.
Madoka could interact only with the world inside Homura's barrier because Homura reverted her back into the human/magical girl Madoka.That was in the movie.

Eh no she didnt "interfere" in ep12, she did exactly what he wish was about.Nothing more.
Dark_Chaos said:

Just go back and watch the original series again, please. I'd rather not educate you any further because this is just downright embarrassing. In fact, I question if you had even seen the original series after examining your responses.

Instead of looking like dork by not even understanding what I am even talking about since your replies are 50%irrelevant and 50% misconceptions ,how about watching both the series and the movie again?
Aug 31, 2014 2:16 PM

May 2013
ssjokg said:
Dark_Chaos said:

Magical Girls only provide a small amount of energy.It is when they turn into witches that they provide massive amounts of energy. Surely the energy of Magical Girls alone isn't enough, and again, it is never said that Kyubey nor his race can make wishes for themselves. Oddly enough, you ignored that part for some reason. If they could make wishes fore themselves, they wouldn't go to all the trouble, it'd be over instantly.

Right...Except that this has nothing to do with what I am saying or what the series showed.

Dark_Chaos said:

Madoka is a force.And he has seen that force in action countless times already.He doesnt know WHY it exists.But he knows it is there.Whatever he did,managed to block that force.It doesnt matter f he tried again with other girls till he got it right or if that was the first lucky try.
Again.Even if Madoka knows she CANT do anything about it because it is beyond her powers.She isnt a magical girl or a human, she has no existence.She is only a concept, a force.
Madoka could interact only with the world inside Homura's barrier because Homura reverted her back into the human/magical girl Madoka.That was in the movie.

Eh no she didnt "interfere" in ep12, she did exactly what he wish was about.Nothing more.

If she really cannot interfere with the world, she wouldn't be able to give the other girls her powers and memories. That alone is proof enough that she can interfere with the world, otherwise she would not have been able to do that, since you appear to think that "all she can do is prevent magical girls from being turned into witches", a theory which has clearly been proved wrong. It is never stated that Madoka cannot interfere with the world.
Aug 31, 2014 2:21 PM

Nov 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
If she really cannot interfere with the world, she wouldn't be able to give the other girls her powers and memories. That alone is proof enough that she can interfere with the world, otherwise she would not have been able to do that, since you appear to think that "all she can do is prevent magical girls from being turned into witches", a theory which has clearly been proved wrong. It is never stated that Madoka cannot interfere with the world.

Uhmm sorry but have you somehow forgotten that "those other girls" are already dead and are PART of her now? They are not part of "the world" anymore.
Aug 31, 2014 2:23 PM

Aug 2009
Sayaka and Nagisa are a part of her AFTER THEY WERE PURIFIED AND SENT TO MADOKA'S HEAVEN.
They ARENT part of the normal world.

Madoka CANT save magical girls from dying from the wraiths or stop wraiths herself she cant do anything, not even appear to her family, especially her little brother that still remembers her.Not even to FUCKING HOMURA.You wanted proof right?
If she is a magical girl, the ultimate magical girl that wants to save everyone why isnt she interfering?She IS everywhere right?
The show makes it clear that she CANT do anything else in the "human world".
Aug 31, 2014 2:51 PM

May 2013
Botato said:
Dark_Chaos said:

Uhmm sorry but have you somehow forgotten that "those other girls" are already dead and are PART of her now? They are not part of "the world" anymore.

Yeah, I did forget that actually. Sorry man.

In any case, it is still unexplained how Kyubey knows what Madoka cannot see. Sure, you could pull an asspull and say "he's an alien, he has advanced technology, so he just tried everything until one worked", but that's exactly what it sounds like - an asspull. It's not like I can argue with it because hey, it's possible, but my god it sounds so far fetched. Really makes you sound like a fanboy, ssjokg.

Of course, you're going to say "yes, he did do that", and you're probably going to say it wasn't bad writing either, to which I call bullshit, but I know I'll never get through to a fanboy like you, so I'll end it here, because we have nothing more to discuss even if we continued. We're past the facts and now it's all about opinions, and I personally don't care for yours. In my eyes, this movie never existed, and it never should have. Good day.
Aug 31, 2014 3:01 PM

Aug 2009
So after all the "facts" you thought existed were refuted you use the fanboy argument.Clapclap

Madoka is full of asspulls.QB granting wishes is one, Homura having past memories and still be a magical girl after every reset is one, Mami being nerfed just to die is an asspull, QB having unlimited bodies is an asspull and we would never end with that.

Being selective with what you call an asspull(like you do)just so you can disprove or prove one single thing is what a fanboy does.
Aug 31, 2014 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
That's not what an asspull is.

Furthermore ad hominem gets you nowhere.
Aug 31, 2014 3:04 PM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
That's not what an asspull is.

Furthermore ad hominem gets you nowhere.
Well it is.Not a last-minute-save one but it still is something we see but never got to know how it was made(and we have to accept it)).
Asspull plot device sounds more accurate.
ssjokgAug 31, 2014 3:33 PM
Aug 31, 2014 3:18 PM

Jun 2014
Dark_Chaos said:
In any case, it is still unexplained how Kyubey knows what Madoka cannot see. Sure, you could pull an asspull and say "he's an alien, he has advanced technology, so he just tried everything until one worked", but that's exactly what it sounds like - an asspull. It's not like I can argue with it because hey, it's possible, but my god it sounds so far fetched. Really makes you sound like a fanboy, ssjokg.

What excatly is far fected about an alien race experimenting with humans?
That's like super basic science fiction.
Sep 1, 2014 5:55 AM

Dec 2011
Just watched it and feel I need to watch again already.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 1, 2014 10:14 AM

Jun 2014
kuuderes_shadow said:
Just watched it and feel I need to watch again already.
Not a bad idea,it will most likely give you better understanding of the reasons behinds Homura actions.
Sep 2, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
I really dont get why are people so confused over homura.The final conversation between madoka and homura made it very clear what is this conflict all about.
Homura fights for desire, madoka fights for order.
Madoka desires to be with her family but she is will secrifise for the greater good .
Some people even say that this whole thing happaned bc homura misunderstood madoka.
Madokas desire and madokas sense of duty are seperate.
I also felt that madoka was able to cheat the karmatic law by deleting her self from the history and becoming a godlike entety and thus her wish recreated but not destroyed the universe.However this movie made it clear that you cant cheat no meter what.
Madokas wish is what turned homura into a devil thats wants to destroy the universe.
"Almost enough hope was provided to create an entire new universe.That means in turn there was enough despair genereted to end the entire universe.An obvious outcome right?"
Its not madoka that had to bear the despair since she was able to delete herself , it was actually homura.
In conclusion this outcome had to happen.
Sep 2, 2014 10:04 PM

Jan 2013
Instead of complaints about plot holes, my issue with the movie primarily is the shitty route they took with Homura.
Salmon is delicious.
Sep 4, 2014 3:29 PM

Feb 2013
GundamSFS said:
3pilif said:

Sure just ask ahead

I just didnt undesrtand nothing can u make me a summary of what was that?
Sep 5, 2014 9:17 AM

Sep 2010
3pilif said:
GundamSFS said:

Sure just ask ahead

Instead of someone summarizing again for the nth time, I encourage you to rewatch the movie, 2 hour film is not that time consuming to watch.

OR

post specific questions that you don't understand, then someone will answer.
Sep 5, 2014 10:14 AM

Jun 2014
You could also read a fan translation of the manga adaptation,that should be easier to follow.
Sep 6, 2014 1:15 PM

Nov 2012
3pilif said:
GundamSFS said:

Sure just ask ahead

It's been since April since I watched rebellion so I might be wrong in some parts, but here is a dirty attempt of sumarizing the whole movie:

Alternatively try this for a broader summary covering the whole series: http://i.imgur.com/E2EVCTq.jpg
MomonoSep 6, 2014 1:31 PM
Sep 9, 2014 1:02 AM

Jul 2009
So...The 2 things I got from this movie is that:

1- Homura still acts like a total bitch to anyone that's not Madoka, who she obviously has a hard-on for.

2- Mami is still a badass
Sep 9, 2014 1:12 AM

Jun 2014
Chillingflames said:

1- Homura still acts like a total bitch to anyone that's not Madoka, who she obviously has a hard-on for.

Well,she also gave the other girls much better lifes.
Sep 9, 2014 1:14 AM

Aug 2009
Chillingflames said:

Two things you didnt get from the tv series and movie:
1-Homura actually cares for all of them.

2-.....................YEah cant really disagree with that.
Sep 9, 2014 2:50 PM

Jul 2009
ssjokg said:
Chillingflames said:

We all know who she prefers the most out of the bunch though, that's for sure.
Sep 9, 2014 4:14 PM

Aug 2009
Chillingflames said:
ssjokg said:

That doesnt mean that doesnt care for the others and that her attitude isnt justified by other reasons.
Sep 9, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2009
ssjokg said:
Chillingflames said:
That doesnt mean that doesnt care for the others and that her attitude isnt justified by other reasons.
It sure didn't look that way. Then again, most of the focus in the movie was on Homura and Madoka's relationship. Just thought that it was pretty funny to see how Homura completely changes her attitude when conversing with Madoka compared to how she acts with everybody else.
Sep 9, 2014 9:55 PM

Feb 2014
Chillingflames said:
ssjokg said:
It sure didn't look that way. Then again, most of the focus in the movie was on Homura and Madoka's relationship. Just thought that it was pretty funny to see how Homura completely changes her attitude when conversing with Madoka compared to how she acts with everybody else.

Understandable, given what happened in the TV series (ep 10).
Sep 10, 2014 3:14 AM

Jun 2014
Chillingflames said:

She does care for them.It's not that obvious,but it's there.

Madoka is the only person she fully trusts,so it makes sense that homura only shows her how she truly feels.
Sep 10, 2014 3:51 AM

Feb 2014
Aside from Madoka, Kyouko is the only one whom she legitimely respects.

In the previous timelines Sayaka always witched out and Mami went on a a killing spree whenever she learned the truth.
Kyouko was the only reliable (at least most of the time) ally for her.
Sep 10, 2014 4:15 AM

Nov 2013
HeisenDurden said:

In the previous timelines Sayaka always witched out and Mami went on a a killing spree whenever she learned the truth.
Yeah Kyouko is awesome.

Sayaka is still best girl though.
Sep 10, 2014 4:50 AM

Jun 2014
HeisenDurden said:

They are not excatly close friends,though.
I can't see Homura confessing her feelings in front of Kyoko...although I would love to see Kyoko's reaction.
Sep 11, 2014 6:38 PM

Nov 2012
Barely understood what happened,personally preferred the series over the movies 7/10.
Sep 14, 2014 2:27 PM
Aug 2014
VanishingKira said:
Barely understood what happened,personally preferred the series over the movies 7/10.

Though I do agree, the series was better, I would say Rebellion is worth another watch, and really pay attention to the things Homura says, and what people say to her. It will help the ending make a LOT more sense.
Sep 21, 2014 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
I finally saw it today and I really liked it. Sometimes, even the Devil loves

If you want a better understanding of the movie, I would suggest watching the last minutes of the TV series, after Madoka becomes a Goddess (pay attention to the dialogue between Homura and Kyubey and the last scene where Homura plunges into a crowd of wraiths) and after that either watch the movie 2 times or watch the movie and read Hanokage's manga adaptation, which is very easy to follow as Szadek23 said above. It worked out for me this way
Sep 22, 2014 4:50 AM
Jun 2008
finally saw it over the weekend..highly upset at the last 10 or so minutes of it..lowered score cause of it..never watching that again, lol

so ANGRY
Pages (21) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Madoka Magica Rebellion is a masterpiece ( 1 2 )

JezzaC - Jan 28, 2021

65 by HigherLvLThinker »»
Aug 16, 2023 7:00 AM

» State your opinion: Did Homura REALLY do nothing wrong?

StanSayakaMiki77 - Apr 17, 2023

19 by APolygons2 »»
Jul 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Explaining the final twist

APolygons2 - Oct 19, 2022

45 by ScionOfCyan »»
Jan 30, 2023 7:28 PM

» Plot Holes? What exactly happened between.... (movie spoilers)

Rob7 - Sep 24, 2022

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:45 AM

» Series spoiler! Is the movie somehow related to the tv series?

Alfreda02 - Sep 23, 2022

11 by daibayuus »»
Sep 24, 2022 9:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.