Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 4, 2014 6:11 AM

May 2012
CheezWhizLuis said:
Am I the only one who finds Ayano hot?

She is hot, but Leila is hotter
Jan 4, 2014 8:21 AM

Jan 2008
Zapredon said:

Wait..is Lelouch suppose to be full Britannia or half Britannia half Japanese? Found this meme.http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/ea/eacdb478a189a231d815e88118b570ddf392fede2b23f969cb94858fbfdc3270.jpg

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/362tlg

There's nothing "Half-Japanese" about Lelouch, so that meme is just silly.
Jan 4, 2014 8:45 AM

Jul 2010
CheezWhizLuis said:
Am I the only one who finds Ayano hot?

You're not, dem hotpants.
Jan 4, 2014 8:30 PM

Jan 2008
Leila putting on her suit. Dang, needs a gif. And Ayano, dem shorts and cleavage shots.

I had hope for more strategic stuff from Code Geass but I guess they've decided to go the action route with their budget. Strategy? Who the fuck needs that when you can take out a completely trained squadron with random people and some Geass powers.

LOLelouch.

So I just checked her age, Ayano's. Oh god she's 15.
Jan 4, 2014 10:42 PM

May 2007
thepath said:
She is hot, but Leila is hotter

Yeah, don't get me wrong, Leila's really hot, too, but Ayano wins for me 'cause she wears less clothes.

Paul said:
And Ayano, dem shorts and cleavage shots.

Exactly.

Paul said:
LOLelouch.

Don't you mean, LOLouch? :D :D
Jan 5, 2014 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
When I first saw Lelouch and Suzaku, I thought Suzaku was taking him to see Emperor Charles, but at the end, it seems like they already visited him and Lelouch has been brainwashed to help Britannia.

Not bad, but I prefer the hand drawn style of anime over the CGI. Although the action was good, especially starting half way through, the episode lacked in emotional depth which the original Code Geass had plenty of. Still looking forward to the next one.
Jan 5, 2014 2:03 PM

Feb 2013
Look's like Shin's geass isn't absolute obedience like Lelouch, seems more to be the power to 'compel.'

Lelouch's geass requires voice command, and when he killed that lord guy last episode he just said "take a trip" I believe. With Lelouch, that would have been taken literally no?

Also explains why Akito would be able to not die from it, people with strong willpower can escape Lelouch's geass, so for a much weaker version of it like Shin's, more people would have the willpower to resist.

Also, the eyepatch, that's easy: Charles wiped Lelouch's mind, but left him with the knowledge he has a geass. That way he has another tool to use to more easily win the war with the EU.
Jan 5, 2014 2:44 PM

Sep 2013
Anyone notice Suzaku's knightmare at the end?
Jan 6, 2014 5:26 AM

Nov 2012
Kami_no_Kage said:
Look's like Shin's geass isn't absolute obedience like Lelouch, seems more to be the power to 'compel.'

Lelouch's geass requires voice command, and when he killed that lord guy last episode he just said "take a trip" I believe. With Lelouch, that would have been taken literally no?

Also explains why Akito would be able to not die from it, people with strong willpower can escape Lelouch's geass, so for a much weaker version of it like Shin's, more people would have the willpower to resist.

Also, the eyepatch, that's easy: Charles wiped Lelouch's mind, but left him with the knowledge he has a geass. That way he has another tool to use to more easily win the war with the EU.

Nunnally ?
Jan 6, 2014 5:19 PM
Jan 2009
Actually I remember going to Slonim on a school field trip. To think that this place will become a scenery for such fierce mecha action... Unbelievable. I simply cannot believe this.
Jan 6, 2014 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
Paul said:
Leila putting on her suit. Dang, needs a gif. And Ayano, dem shorts and cleavage shots.

I had hope for more strategic stuff from Code Geass but I guess they've decided to go the action route with their budget. Strategy? Who the fuck needs that when you can take out a completely trained squadron with random people and some Geass powers.

LOLelouch.

So I just checked her age, Ayano's. Oh god she's 15.

LOL @ Ayano's age. That's not the body of a fifteen year old.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jan 6, 2014 10:21 PM

Feb 2013
Watched this again in higher quality. Damn...I never seen CGI this orgasmic before.
Jan 6, 2014 11:11 PM

Mar 2008
bewareofhisoka said:
Watched this again in higher quality. Damn...I never seen CGI this orgasmic before.
Watch Majestic Prince.
Jan 7, 2014 8:05 AM

Oct 2011
Wonderful watch! Hope that's lelouch too. And Akito is wicked as hell.
Jan 7, 2014 12:25 PM

Mar 2008
A huge step forward from the first one. The ending and its song was nice. Can't wait to see Leila's Geass revealed.
Jan 7, 2014 9:27 PM
Oct 2010
Damn this was awesome! If this keeps up we are in for a really good show.

Kami_no_Kage said:

From what he said, it seems Akito did die but came back to life. Could be a possible case where someone flatlines for a bit then recovers, but it's than likely that he is resisting it.
Jan 9, 2014 5:55 PM

Jan 2012
I wonder if this would take a romance path too, but seeing how Akito just scared the hell out of Leila at the end...hmm maybe not
Jan 9, 2014 7:10 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was pretty damn good. Tied a lot more with S1 of code geass with the showing of lelouch/suzaku. I do like how akito's brother has geass and i'm curious as to how he got it himself, i imagine we will learn all about it in the next episode.

Its interesting that charles is using lelouch's brain to win the war with the EU, when we see charles rewrite his memory in R2 you do hear him take away the three things lelouch loves most but he could of done so and then made him into an officer, which is most likely what happened. I love how suzaku hates every second that he has to spend with lelouch though you can just read it on his face xD.
Jan 10, 2014 10:32 PM

May 2012
Julius Kingsley, so obviously Lelouch. I mean they have the same voice actor.

I love those mecha fight scenes, great eye candy.

The europeans took back some territory and then lost it again...lol nice going nubs.

and now for that long wait for the next episode....ugggh
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jan 11, 2014 8:09 PM

Nov 2013
I think Lelouch is out of his mind and thinks he's someone named Julius.

Is it me or is technology way more advanced than it was in the series?
Jan 12, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2009
http://www.geass.jp/akito/img/story/02/story_02_10.jpg
so... WHERE THE HELL IS CC?

aside from that, 8/10. wouldve given it a 9/10 if there wasnt a 1 year gap that made me pretty much forget about the entire plot.
Jan 13, 2014 4:55 AM

Nov 2010
The first 20 mins has set the mood, since I've forgotten most of the first episode this was alright to get into again

From orbiting to space till the end this was one awesome rollercoaster
The mecha battles on the ground were done marvelously and it wasn't hard to follow at all
Akito's syncing with the 3 rebels seemed like a Rinnegan move to me followed by his encounter with his bro (Itachi/Sasuke)

The two arriving at St Petersburg really resembles Suzuka and Lelouch, could it be them after all with a name change?

Can't wait for the next one
Jan 13, 2014 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
Pretty sweet! I really enjoyed this one part of the series as well! xD
Jan 13, 2014 3:44 PM
Jul 2012
Lol, I don't see C.C anywhere in this movie since they have her in the preview not in the movie at all XD. Bet some people will get disappointment by that.

Ehh, this seems alright at all, but this doesn't excite me at all except that good mecha fight even i Don't like mecha that much, and brought me liking Code Geass overall.And, the story doesn't make a huge difference except just history of just rivals except brother rivalry between Akio and some dude. Ehh, seen it before on the original show. Though, at the end is a little surprising. Only good thing is Lelouch was there and Suzaku(dat man I used to hate him two years ago heheh.). Wish both of them will appear more and bring more excitement than new characters ehh. Hope the 3rd movie will be better than this, but I not sure if it can other than good fights.

Lecila looks quite cute with that bodysuit plus that hair too.

Liked the 1st movie better since I think it's more entertaining than the 2nd movie. Though, it's still good.

7/10
Jan 14, 2014 5:23 AM

Dec 2008
Military Adviser Julius Kingsley, eh? Who are you kidding? We all know that's you, Lelouch!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 14, 2014 6:21 PM

Jul 2013
HogPlum said:
A huge step forward from the first one. The ending and its song was nice. Can't wait to see Leila's Geass revealed.

LEILA HAS FUCKING GEASS?!
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jan 18, 2014 11:02 AM

Jan 2014
I have a question.

I'm awesome

Jan 19, 2014 6:33 AM
Aug 2010
According to wikia its a different person...nothing to do with Lelouch...
And according to MAL its an alternative story to the Rebellion series...so i think all the theories have been busted. No Lelouch, Yes Julius :)

http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/Julius_Kingsley
Jan 19, 2014 7:36 AM

Jan 2014
MrFreedomJustice said:
And according to MAL its an alternative story to the Rebellion series...so i think all the theories have been busted. No Lelouch, Yes Julius :)

Here I thought that it was lelouch before he was given to the king and his memories were erased
I'm awesome

Jan 19, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2009
MrFreedomJustice said:

This is not the official wikia by any means. And this is LELOUCH! stop doubting it damn it! Just because some fan Wiki has him not as Lelouch doesn't mean he isn't Lelouch. It's pretty obvious that he is Lelouch, if you can't figure that much out then god help you... Also when is the third episode going to be released?
Jan 20, 2014 3:33 PM

Jan 2012
ALL HAIL KINGSLEY!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 20, 2014 6:46 PM

Apr 2012
I am confused. I thought Lelouch lost his memory during between first and second season of code geass?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 22, 2014 5:07 AM

Jul 2009
bunny_lover said:
I am confused. I thought Lelouch lost his memory during between first and second season of code geass?

read the previous posts and you'll get it...
OwnsinJan 27, 2014 6:35 AM
Jan 25, 2014 12:07 AM

Jan 2011
Lusbox said:
Anyone notice Suzaku's knightmare at the end?

Uh fuck ya
Jan 25, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
And no one mentioned it... They made space flight scene realistically. Without damned movie cliché with "sound in space" and greatly done landing scene.

yeah, reminiscent of Planetes ^^,
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jan 25, 2014 11:20 AM

Jun 2012
LELOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUCH.
The first half was a bit slow but it really picked up at the end. I can not fucking until the next movie.
Jan 27, 2014 10:56 PM
Sep 2013
Dem boobs. Make way for Miss Fanservice Leila and her assistance Ayako. And that light blue haired girl, she's a lesbian for Leila; close heterosexual relationships don't exist in anime. I just hope they don't turn her into another typical crazy lesbian.

This takes place in an alternate timeline right? I dropped the first series after season 1 so I can't tell. It would be lame if they brought Lelouch back to life or something like that.
Jan 29, 2014 6:50 PM

Jan 2008
MrNTR said:

This takes place in an alternate timeline right? I dropped the first series after season 1 so I can't tell. It would be lame if they brought Lelouch back to life or something like that.

This takes place between seasons. So they're not reviving anyone here.
Jan 31, 2014 6:39 AM

Feb 2012
That Leila fan service was easily the best part of the film.

I found it quite boring at the beginning - I guess I don't like the new characters very much yet - but the developments at the end of the film have me somewhat interested now, so my faith in the OVA has been restored.
Feb 2, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2010
so? where's CC ? and Lelouch's first appearance was kinda weird .-.
after all, i really liked the movie 7/10
Feb 5, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2008
First appearance poor Lelouch Julius... ;(
But that second *.*
Oh welcome back! *.*

And OMG! Warszawa!
First I thought Polish translator makes jokes, but... *.*
This is real! How cool!
Feb 7, 2014 4:40 AM

Oct 2008
Still feels pretty lukewarm and hardly interesting.. Why did people like this installment again? Oh, right.. Because Lelouch and Suzuka have a contrived 20 second cameo. Pretty superficial if you ask me..
Feb 8, 2014 4:55 PM

Jan 2008
HATUL said:
Still feels pretty lukewarm and hardly interesting.. Why did people like this installment again? Oh, right.. Because Lelouch and Suzuka have a contrived 20 second cameo. Pretty superficial if you ask me..

Interest, just like entertainment, is always subjective. Personally, I like it for reasons that have very little or nothing to do with what your said. In particular, I enjoyed the whole battle sequence as well as the more somber mood and the mystery elements related to some of the characters.

I'd elaborate further, but perhaps you shouldn't generalize so carelessly.
Feb 9, 2014 4:10 PM

Jan 2014
i enjoyed this episode better than the first one, the fighting in this seems such high quality to me on the animation part, and it seemed weird to show lelouch begging for something, didn't see that much in the original CG or at all. but i'm looking forward to the 3rd episode, might get to see cc in it.
Wanna listen to some good OP/ED songs? Head over to my profile!
Feb 10, 2014 2:11 PM

Jun 2012
ZakuCustom said:
MrNTR said:

This takes place between seasons. So they're not reviving anyone here.

Lelouch will be shown to be alive after the 4th movie.
R3 confirmed.
Feb 11, 2014 1:00 AM

Apr 2010
Shuhan said:

R3 confirmed.

Source plz
Feb 16, 2014 8:09 PM
Jun 2013
Lelouch was himself for a while there, while begging for water, right? So Charles was on that train too? How did he get brainwashed mid trip otherwise? Weird they didn't mention him being on the train though.

Pretty awesome animations the fighting was really good, story wise... Feels like they are gonna leave a lot of plot holes unanswered if you ask me, but oh well. Lelouch taking over eu makes so much sense, wonder what will happen with akito? I mean, we know how the war ends..
Feb 17, 2014 10:00 PM

Jun 2012
Tekakurika said:
Shuhan said:

R3 confirmed.

Source plz

It wont happen
;-;
Feb 22, 2014 2:29 AM

Oct 2008
ZakuCustom said:
HATUL said:

Interest, just like entertainment, is always subjective. Personally, I like it for reasons that have very little or nothing to do with what your said. In particular, I enjoyed the whole battle sequence as well as the more somber mood and the mystery elements related to some of the characters.

I'd elaborate further, but perhaps you shouldn't generalize so carelessly.

Sorry for the late response.
Fair enough.. It wasn't terrible, but I just don't know where they can go with this with 2 more hour long movies. The action was cool, even though the camera went out of control and I personally prefer old-school 2d mechs, thank you very much..
And yeah, to me this cameo is just a distraction. Now a lot of people won't give a damn about Akito's actual side story.
Feb 22, 2014 2:26 PM

Mar 2013
it was ok i guess,
More from Lelouch will be great :)
other thing if Akito brother want to kill him that
much couldnt he just kill him when he was on the knightmare
and akito were out?
overall nice episode :P
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Holy crap this series was a waste of beautiful Clamp character designs

MortalMelancholy - Dec 31, 2017

2 by LeonhartAugust »»
Oct 15, 2018 1:46 PM

» Lelouch?

animetyphoon88 - Apr 10, 2015

2 by Blarey »»
Aug 25, 2015 4:59 PM

» Julius Kingsley is..... (We know)

Renaultclio101 - Jan 25, 2014

3 by ToshiroChan »»
Dec 1, 2014 3:24 AM

» code geass akito the exiled lelouch theories

andrew123827 - Jun 29, 2014

1 by Tyrel »»
Jun 29, 2014 2:35 AM

» Question about Akito's brother Geass

Allenkilla1 - Jan 24, 2014

3 by Asfaria »»
Jan 24, 2014 9:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.