Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 8, 2013 1:08 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
ahh thank god for Law, man i seriously thought this just might be the end for Sanji

what about 13 yrs ago...can't wait for the next chapter
was Law just using them or is this some sort of plan to confuse Doflamingo and buy time for the SHs???
247EyesOct 8, 2013 1:12 AM
Oct 8, 2013 1:22 AM

Apr 2007
If he was just using them.... why save sanji? doesn't make any sense.
Hes probably just trying to slow Doflamingo down for luffy/others.
Oct 8, 2013 1:31 AM

Aug 2011
Damn, Law sacrificing himself for strawhats is rather unexpected, I really hope he'll survive. And FINALY some more revelation on don flamingo's powers, he was way too mysterious for a villain that appears so much recently.
Oct 8, 2013 1:33 AM

Oct 2009
ramonnl said:

yeah, your right he wouldn't have saved Sanji if he was just using them

I wonder if he would even sacrifice himself to just have his plan go accordingly and have his revenge against Doflamingo (because i doubt he'll last long enough in another fight with Doflamingo or will he just make a trade using Jora)
247EyesOct 8, 2013 2:20 AM
Oct 8, 2013 1:41 AM

Jun 2010
They finally revealed Donfla's ability! I really hope the alliance stays and they go kick Kaidou's ass after defeating Donfla.
Oct 8, 2013 1:51 AM
Sep 2007
Flash back incoming
Hi
Oct 8, 2013 1:53 AM
Dec 2012
Law's past with Doflamingo soon
Oct 8, 2013 1:59 AM

Apr 2012
Hawaiian420 said:
Flash back incoming

And we all know how flash backs go in One Piece
Oct 8, 2013 1:59 AM

Aug 2010
ramonnl said:

My thoughts exactly. He's just acting tsundere XD

But damn was his save BA.

Really hope he'll stay with the SHs more. At least til after they kick Kaidou's ass. Their interactions are too much fun XD

And totally can't wait to know about his and Dofla's past 13 yrs ago

Sanji did a good job but he still has a long way to go it seems hehe.

Also finally found out how Dofla flies. Strings to the clouds. That whip is dangerous.

Fujitora was lol.

Was surprised that the SHs split up there. I wonder what they'll do in Zou?

Anyway...epic chap. So hyped for the upcoming stuff. This is gonna be an awesome ride
Barion-ZaraOct 8, 2013 2:17 AM
Oct 8, 2013 3:01 AM

May 2013
Doflamingo reminds me of Spiderman.. specially his sunglasses..not to mention his devil fruit, if only Spiderman is strong like Doflamingo , he will be in the avengers lol
Oct 8, 2013 3:09 AM

Mar 2013
Sanji was taken to the cleaners by DD not even a contest.

anyway i think law is just bullshitting his way through all of this im not sure how but i reckon he has something up his sleeve.
Oct 8, 2013 3:10 AM

Dec 2012
Doflamingo's ability was kinda cool. Law is definetely trying to slow down Doflamingo and we will probably get to know Law's past with Doflamingo pretty soon. Wonder what it could be? I don't think Law actually used the strawhats and it is rather to cause confusion maybe to buy time for the strawhats.
Oct 8, 2013 4:06 AM
Sep 2013
A thread whip lashed at green-bit reached Dressrosa and cut a building in half!!! That's absolute monstrosity :0 . Doflamingo is truly powerful. Apparently producing strings and threads cannot be considered as an impressive power much like the gomu gomu power. But as it is with luffy, we would be able to see how seemingly less attractive powers can be turned into deadly weapons in this arc.
Chopper won't be able to close his mouth anymore I guess and someone should put his own sedative into him or else he is going to get a heart attack ;0 .
Sanji was caught off-guard. So I can't blame him. But if Doflamingo is actually a spider-man than the best way to negate a spider-web is to burn it. Mera-mera comes to the forefront once again.
I am worried about Sanji. Luffy has devil fruit and haki. Zoro has swords and haki. And both of them have monstrous strength. Sanji has only his body to fight with. Maybe Oda should give him mera-mera. As defeating Kaidou is null and void at present, there is a possibility that Luffy might go against Big Mom. That would pave the way for Knight of the Sea the sea-monster my respected fish-man Jinbei to join the crew and if that happens it won't matter even if all the other straw hats get devil-fruits.
Oct 8, 2013 4:16 AM
Sep 2013
Barion-Zara said:
ramonnl said:

My thoughts exactly. He's just acting tsundere XD

But damn was his save BA.

Really hope he'll stay with the SHs more. At least til after they kick Kaidou's ass. Their interactions are too much fun XD

And totally can't wait to know about his and Dofla's past 13 yrs ago

Sanji did a good job but he still has a long way to go it seems hehe.

Also finally found out how Dofla flies. Strings to the clouds. That whip is dangerous.

Fujitora was lol.

Was surprised that the SHs split up there. I wonder what they'll do in Zou?

Anyway...epic chap. So hyped for the upcoming stuff. This is gonna be an awesome ride

I think Law's crew is in Zou right now. He said it in one chapter I think. I have to check it out :D
Oct 8, 2013 4:29 AM
Sep 2013
http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/One-Piece/One-Piece-701/page-7
http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/One-Piece/One-Piece-700/page-4
http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/One-Piece/One-Piece-700/page-11

1. Law giving vivre card to nami for Zou
2. Zinbei is looking at the news paper regarding Doflamingo's resignation. From his looks it seems he knew it was a ruse. Expecting him to pay a visit in this arc ;) ,
3. Law's crew is at Zou
Oct 8, 2013 4:33 AM
Sep 2013
Wow, the Strawhats were getting attacked left and right, but Law saved them. So he was really after getting revenge on Doflamingo, not taking down Kaido. And good to know the name of Doflamingo's DF and how it works. Also, Fujitora was funny, but he said that they should go back to Dressrosa, so Luffy and the remaining Strawhats will likely run into him. And when we learn about Law and Doflamingo's past, we'll probably learn why Law's jolly roger is a smiley face but Doflamingo's is a crossed out smiley face.
Absent_HermitOct 8, 2013 4:41 AM
Oct 8, 2013 5:34 AM

Jun 2011
Sanji < Shichibukai *Confirmed*
Law has Hax ability!
Doflamingo using strings, now we know his ability..
Fujitora was funny.. eating ramen while pulling down Meteors.. lol
5/5
Oct 8, 2013 6:17 AM

Aug 2008
Hopefully Law won't die. He's my top 5 favorite in One Piece.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 8, 2013 7:46 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah even before he said that he wanted payback for 13 years ago his face on Page 15 shows that this is personal. Also I always knew that he would dissolve his alliance with Luffy when he felt it was convenient. I don't think he ever had the intention of taking down Kaidou with Luffy. In fact I have a feeling splitting them up was part of his plan as well. Either way we will see with the next chapter, this arc keeps getting better and better.
Oct 8, 2013 8:47 AM

Feb 2012
My man Sanji got totally owned this chapter :( Definitely a flashback coming, I wonder if it will be something like Rebecca's which was 1 chapter or one that will take multiple chapters to explain. Either way I'm definitely looking forward to it.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 8, 2013 8:48 AM

Dec 2008
Doflamingo's fruit sounds like fun. He's so annoying though. Can't wait to have to go through the 50 chapters where he fights Luffy ._.
Oct 8, 2013 9:17 AM
Nov 2008
OnePieceQ8 said:
Sanji < Shichibukai *Confirmed*
Law has Hax ability!
Doflamingo using strings, now we know his ability..
Fujitora was funny.. eating ramen while pulling down Meteors.. lol
5/5

Sanji < Buggy? Haha, what?
Oct 8, 2013 9:27 AM

Feb 2011
Well that was disappointing to say the least. But at least it still leaves me hoping for Sanji to kick some ass later.
I don't get why everyone here is like "Sanji stood no chance, he's no match for that level".
Sure, he would've lost (and pressumably died), but that's only because he didn't know what Doflamingo's powers were ("threads, I see").
And yes, in a real battle being prepared for something like this makes the difference.
But given the circumstances Sanji MIGHT have a chance, once he knows the powers of someone on Doflamingo's level or stand up to him right from the beginning and this was just some kind of "tough luck" (situation, that kind of powers etc.) .

I'm not desperately trying to defend him, I just think people are judging too early, just because of this.
Oct 8, 2013 9:50 AM

Jun 2012
Kuchenlight said:
Well that was disappointing to say the least. But at least it still leaves me hoping for Sanji to kick some ass later.
I don't get why everyone here is like "Sanji stood no chance, he's no match for that level".
Sure, he would've lost (and pressumably died), but that's only because he didn't know what Doflamingo's powers were ("threads, I see").
And yes, in a real battle being prepared for something like this makes the difference.
But given the circumstances Sanji MIGHT have a chance, once he knows the powers of someone on Doflamingo's level or stand up to him right from the beginning and this was just some kind of "tough luck" (situation, that kind of powers etc.) .

I'm not desperately trying to defend him, I just think people are judging too early, just because of this.

He didn't stand a chance at all, doflamingo shrugged his attacks off ad rendered him immobile. Doflamingo didnt exactly know about sanjis ability either, plus sanji also had the element of surprise.

On the chapter now anyway:

Luffy, Zoro + Kinnemon vs Fujitora?

Law VS Doflamingo

Lets fucking go!
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 8, 2013 11:25 AM

Aug 2012
One hell of a chapter

Squid-Pirate said:
http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/One-Piece/One-Piece-701/page-7
http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/One-Piece/One-Piece-700/page-4
http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/One-Piece/One-Piece-700/page-11

1. Law giving vivre card to nami for Zou
2. Zinbei is looking at the news paper regarding Doflamingo's resignation. From his looks it seems he knew it was a ruse. Expecting him to pay a visit in this arc ;) ,
3. Law's crew is at Zou

Law's crew at Zou!!! So I guess Sanji will rally Law's crew, and they'll all return for cpt. Law (because Law will need to be saved as it seems)
But still, this is so BA. Can't wait for the next few chapters with the flashback, it's been personal with Joker and Law since the scene where Law cuts Vergo up in Punk Hazard. Law definitely deserves his background revealed, and I don't think in the least he's bluffing, he's prepared to die to settle his history with Dofla, but I think Law is the one underestimating the SHs, Luffy leaves NO ONE behind ^^

About that picture with Jimbei, you forgot the panel alongside it: I think we might see Croco-boy also pretty soon ^^

This NW had a bit slow start but the way things are accelerating I can't catch my breath...Shh this'll be epic as fuck

Sanji never stood a chance against Dofla, it's only natural something like this would happen. I can't comment on anything else really I'm just too psyched on what's about to happen...and Law <3 and his ability <3

(Dofla's ability was named now, but I think it was obvious for quite some time now, it's nice they explained the flying tho)
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Oct 8, 2013 11:40 AM
Oct 2013
Shit's getting intense and the chapters are getting better. This is the best arc that came out since the timeskip.
As predicted, Sanji couldn't do much against Dofla but put up a good fight. Dofla's power is confirmed to be related to wires, but he's actually got to watch the weather to be effective. At least it's not OP.
Law's ability is incredibly helpful and perfect is the timing, so he saves the day from a massive slaughter. Now he has a bone to pick himself with Doflamingo for a past event, cue in flashback. Law confirmed for best supporting/secondary/ass-kicking character.
It somehow bothers me that the rest of the crew didn't act sooner to help Sanji out, at least Nami with a thunder from above. Well, fuck, two years of training spent just to watch a comrade about to die, apparently.
Next chapter, chaos in Dressrosa. Wonder what Luffy and the others will do now that half of the crew is gone and the pirate alliance is over.
Oct 8, 2013 11:58 AM

Apr 2009
revengekilla12 said:

It somehow bothers me that the rest of the crew didn't act sooner to help Sanji out, at least Nami with a thunder from above. Well, fuck, two years of training spent just to watch a comrade about to die, apparently.

i think they were just shocked/intimidated by the character and power of a shichibukai confronting them (they weren't ready mentally) so they just stood there, scared.

anyways Luffy is in the arena.. so i guess Zoro will come to save Law..or the Samurai (and wtf Zoro please learn to cut fires also)
Oct 8, 2013 12:45 PM

Dec 2012
Great chapter. Law saved Sanji that was close. Didn't expect Law to go and sacrifice himself.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 8, 2013 12:48 PM

Apr 2012
smokes said:
revengekilla12 said:

i think they were just shocked/intimidated by the character and power of a shichibukai confronting them (they weren't ready mentally) so they just stood there, scared.

anyways Luffy is in the arena.. so i guess Zoro will come to save Law..or the Samurai (and wtf Zoro please learn to cut fires also)

I thinck its about time for Jimbey to show up and save the day
Oct 8, 2013 12:59 PM

Aug 2010
Squid-Pirate said:

I think Law's crew is in Zou right now. He said it in one chapter I think. I have to check it out :D

Yeah, I remember that. But I actually meant like what are they gonna do there? And that's just another reason to believe Law is just being tsun XD
Sending them to his crew. That can only mean bring my crew and come back so we can kick ass XD Can't wait to see Bepo again. Bepo-Sanji interactions should be hilarious XD

Also it seems that Sanji is the captain for now seeing as Nami said the SpiralHat crew hahaha XD

smokes said:

Anyways Luffy is in the arena.. so i guess Zoro will come to save Law..or the Samurai (and wtf Zoro please learn to cut fires also)

I doubt it. Last chap we saw Barto seeing Zoro. So I guess he'll let them sneak in. Which ofc means they're not going to where Law is anytime soon.
I guess Zoro might be the first to face off against Fujitora while Luffy is busy with Burgess.

Kuchenlight said:

I agree with ya. While yes, he probably isn't there yet. The reaction he made when he found out about the strings leads me to think he wouldn't be beaten up one sidedly if he faces off Dofla again. I'm pretty sure Sanji can keep him at bay if he knew his ability and was prepared to face it. Also keep in mind he was fighting in mid air hehe.
Oct 8, 2013 1:03 PM

Sep 2013
Great chapter. Law was a badass and Doflamingo seems to strong for luffy to beat at this point. So Law was only after revenge so does this mean he was lying about having a plan to take down kaidou.
Oct 8, 2013 1:12 PM
Oct 2013
Adviel said:
smokes said:
revengekilla12 said:

I thinck its about time for Jimbey to show up and save the day

Jinbei had some business to take care of before joining the Strawhats as a permanent member. I think it's gonna take two more arcs before he comes back.
Oct 8, 2013 1:22 PM

Feb 2011
jimbob1141 said:
Kuchenlight said:

He didn't stand a chance at all, doflamingo shrugged his attacks off ad rendered him immobile. Doflamingo didnt exactly know about sanjis ability either, plus sanji also had the element of surprise.

Sanji's ability? As a non-fruit user he doesn't really have any special abilites other than "kickin you so hard that you spit out your organs". There isn't anything to know about Sanji that his nickname "Black Leg" doesn't already give a way.
Giving a fruit user a CLEAR and heavy advantage over a non-user, where the second type can only adjust their tactics as soon as they KNOW the enemies ability.

Also like as Barion-Zara mentioned (I didn't even think of that, thanks) it was in mid-air.
Doflamingo can fly, Sanji not. Who has the advantage? Well, duh.

Of course, a non-user could be careful and not take any risks until he knows of the users abilites, but Sanji couldn't do that nor could he avoid fighting in mid-air.
KuchenlightOct 8, 2013 1:26 PM
Oct 8, 2013 3:02 PM

Aug 2012

Doflamingo can't fly either, he can hold himself up with strings attached to clouds, it's a technique just as Sanji's air walk in a way, so that's not a disadvantage. Also, even if they were on the ground Doflamingo still has that controlling technique which we didn't have an explanation for (I didn't see strings when he stopped Sanji from moving, or got control of Jozu in WBwar), so before we learn what's that for a move, I don't see how Sanji can beat Dofla without being annihilated. I think it's kinda luck for Sanji Dofla didn't decide to use him to slaughter Nami and the rest of the crew lol.

I really don't see how can you believe Sanji can beat a high-tear character like Dofla, I mean it's not shameful for Sanji to lose against him ffs, that dude has conquerors haki and he is at its peak (considering Whitebeard and Chinjao who were both old), so there's absolutely no excuse for Dofla to lose, or Sanji to win against him... I'm happy Sanji hold him off and it turned out fine like this, with no grave injuries...

Although, I'm moar a Law person so...I'm kinda afraid what will happen next <.< But I'm pretty sure Luffy won't let anyone die, let alone Law
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

Oct 8, 2013 4:19 PM

Nov 2011
This was one awesome chapter, really enjoyed it and looking forward to learn more about Law's past.
I'm hoping so much that he doesn't die seeing how Law would be my favorite One Piece character.
It'll be interesting to see what happens and if Sanji and the others go get his crew.
I also wonder how much Law's crew has improved over the two year time skip.

Also the person saying that they think jinbe will return I do agree.
Oct 8, 2013 4:31 PM

Jun 2010
I was hoping the gap in power wouldn't be too big but apparently it is still, as well kinda found the 'horrors' the other members were going through for a little too much, remember two years to be able to take on the new world and at times look over matched as can be.
Oct 8, 2013 4:53 PM

May 2011
i really want to know what happened 13 years ago
Oct 8, 2013 7:26 PM

Jul 2011
Hm. Well the mystery around doflamingo has lightened. I would like to know more about his devil fruit and background though. I only wonder how Luffy will be able to counter all this OPness...

And more on Law's past, yes! Awaiting the next chapter eagerly.

But I think OP is finally getting its vibe back. :)
Oct 8, 2013 9:43 PM

Jul 2013
Awesome chapter. So Law didn't team up with the Straw Hats to take down an emperor, but rather to get revenge on Doflamingo? Plus it really seems like he doesn't care about the Straw Hats, and that he was just using them. Interesting, I think it's possible that Law will become an enemy to the Straw Hats sooner or later, either that or he will have a change of heart and risk his own life to save them or something (unlikely, but possible).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2013 9:47 PM
Oct 2011
Doflamingo blocking all of Sanji's kicks with one arm while smiling should say something. Doflamingo didn't even flinch from blocking Sanji's kick with his own.
Oct 8, 2013 9:58 PM

Dec 2010
Sanji is way out of Dofla's league... imo

One flashback coming up!
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Oct 8, 2013 10:13 PM

May 2011
This is shaping up so nicely. Really anticipating next week!
Oct 8, 2013 10:21 PM

Sep 2012
I was really disappointed with Sanji. He argued with zorro that he's the better guy to go back to sunny and he lasted ten seconds. I know he was against arguably the strongest warlord, but his bounty is definitely not going up this arc.

It makes me worry that half the crew was so helpless in that situation. I at least want to see a good fight from Zorro. Luffy needs a crew that can kick new-world ass. It's hard for me to evaluate this chapter because I was hoping Law would work with Sanji and possibly some of the crew on the Sunny to try to strategise and repel DD.

Also, it seems like we just removed several members from the next few chapters. Then again, Oda could come up with something I suppose, while the sunny is running away from clouds...
Oct 9, 2013 2:08 AM

Jun 2012
Damn, this is the first time that the crew voluntarily went to another island without the rest of the crew. Personally I think this'll be really fuckin' epic if we actually get to see both sides during this arc... and not like Arlong Park where it waits till after, or they just return with Law's crew at some point in the arc. I wanna see their trials in Zou.
revengekilla12 said:
Well, Brook and Chopper don't really have ranged attacks... none of them can fly... and Nami can't control the weather ye know (that we know of), she just shoots various clouds and bubbles out of her staff... and any lightning cloud attack or similar she can't really make it JUST target Doflamingo... it'd strike Sanji too. So not like they really had much options against a flying Shichibukai who DOES have ranged attacks.

kiDnameDSkia said:
Doflamingo can't fly either, he can hold himself up with strings attached to clouds, it's a technique just as Sanji's air walk in a way, so that's not a disadvantage. Also, even if they were on the ground Doflamingo still has that controlling technique which we didn't have an explanation for (I didn't see strings when he stopped Sanji from moving, or got control of Jozu in WBwar), so before we learn what's that for a move, I don't see how Sanji can beat Dofla without being annihilated. I think it's kinda luck for Sanji Dofla didn't decide to use him to slaughter Nami and the rest of the crew lol.

I really don't see how can you believe Sanji can beat a high-tear character like Dofla, I mean it's not shameful for Sanji to lose against him ffs, that dude has conquerors haki and he is at its peak (considering Whitebeard and Chinjao who were both old), so there's absolutely no excuse for Dofla to lose, or Sanji to win against him... I'm happy Sanji hold him off and it turned out fine like this, with no grave injuries...
But the difference between their flight is that Doflamingo has strings attached to the clouds, so it doesn't take any effort for him to be up there. Sanji however has to spend a ton of concentration on jumping off the air to stay in flight. I think it's pretty clear that he's using strings to control people (like a puppeteer)... we don't see strings making him fly either... yet he is. They're probably just too small to see.

I'm not going to argue whether or not Sanji CAN beat Doflamingo, but I also think that people are just putting Sanji out for the count too quickly. If Sanji's so weak, Doflamingo wouldn't have payed him any attention at all. The fact that he keeps saying that Sanji is a worthy opponent is no false praise... when him and Law are saying the Straw Hats aren't to be underestimated, they're not just talking about Luffy and Zoro. Yeah, Sanji may have had the element of surprise, but he also was in a desperate run to save them (obviously not thinking clearly). It doesn't matter if Sanji can beat him or not, now that he knows why he was unable to move it'll probably make a HUGE different if they get to fight again... which I really hope they do. The fact that he knows what to look out for helps a lot.
SwordsmanDan said:
I was really disappointed with Sanji. He argued with zorro that he's the better guy to go back to sunny and he lasted ten seconds. I know he was against arguably the strongest warlord, but his bounty is definitely not going up this arc.

It makes me worry that half the crew was so helpless in that situation. I at least want to see a good fight from Zorro. Luffy needs a crew that can kick new-world ass.
Just saiyan, I don't think Sanji was even considering their strength, he just wanted to be Nami's hero. And technically, the last time I checked Zoro can't fly... so I'm not sure what he could've done any better. If it weren't for Sanji it's quite possible that there'd now be 3 dead Straw Hats, 1 dead friend, and 1 dead ship. And again... it's not like they can really help that they're all close to mid-range fighters who have no means of flight. Also, I'm not sure any of their bounties are going up this arc... judging by the last two times they defeated a Shichibukai.
HalibelTheEspadaOct 9, 2013 2:20 AM
Oct 9, 2013 2:48 AM

Aug 2012

yes I guess I said it a bit dumb, Dofla powers are obvious, but still they're not so well explained, he just shifts his fingers in that wierd pose and gg nobody can move, but everytime he uses the strings to cut we see them. As far as we're concerned it could easily be something to do with haki, but nevermind that. Even if we know the attack and its cause, I still don't see how can Sanji defend against it. I think people misunderstand when someone says Dofla is a sure bet on the fight vs. Sanji...Nobody is saying Sanji is weak, not even Doflamingo. But everyone acknowledges that Doflamingo is stronger, and being on land wouldn't make that much of a difference in my opinion. Even if it were, Dofla would just spidey his way up in the air and force Sanji to fight mid-air again just like that so I think arguments like "Sanji would definitely win if this and that happened" are kinda dumb here. We should stick to the situation that played out, and in that situation everyone can agree Sanji was annihilated. I'm looking forward for Sanji to go against someone his own size.

And talking about plot, how can you even consider Sanji beating Doflamingo if we aren't even sure whether Luffy/Law can beat him so easily 1v1 (Law is prepared to die, like he said)... Are you suggesting Sanji is equally as strong as Luffy/Law? If yes, I won't even bother going further.

And lastly, Zoro can't fly but if he could get to the ship he could repel Dofla's ranged attacks from the ship and cut his strings, also he can use ranged slashes. Just sayin

Oct 9, 2013 4:42 AM

Feb 2011
kiDnameDSkia said:
so I think arguments like "Sanji would definitely win if this and that happened" are kinda dumb here.

I've NEVER even implied that I could think of Sanji beating Doflamingo. Of course he can't.
All I was saying is, that he could do "fairly good" against him. Now that is rather vague I know, but obviously it would mean keeping up with him and last a while, not getting totally annihilated.

kiDnameDSkia said:
Are you suggesting Sanji is equally as strong as Luffy/Law? If yes, I won't even bother going further.

I knew it was coming to this. So my point is: why the duck not?

Let's do it the "logical" way, all math-ish 'n stuff.

Throughout the series it is heavily implied that Zoro IS on Luffy's level. Yes, he's probably slightly weaker, but not by a large margin.

So what about Sanji? He's always rivaling with Zoro, they're fighting for humors sake and so on.
I'm NOT saying because he can keep up with him in non-serious fights he's as strong as him, but then again it is never directly implied that he isn't. So it would be more likely that he is on Zoro's level, fitting the image of them always fighting.
He might also be just sliiightly weaker. But that would make him not much weaker than Luffy, wouldn't it? Only...... slightly-slightly.

After all they're always presented as the strawhats' 3 big damage dealers/fighters whatever. Not even once someone says or implies Sanji isn't on par with Luffy and Zoro or at least about their level (again, he's probably not QUITE as strong, I'm not denying that)
The only official reference goes back to One Piece Blue (or was it Red?), where was stated that Sanji's strenght falls just short of theirs, but first that was waaaaay back then and second he can make up for this because he's a lot smarter than them.

And I on the other hand won't accept an answer like "after they've trained, Luffy (and Zoro) have made so much progress that they're outta his league now!!!" or "Luffy is the main character, he's obviously vastly stronger!!".
The first one has yet to be proven.
The second one is way to simple-minded for Oda. He's not THAT linear shounen-mainstreamish (most of the time)
KuchenlightOct 9, 2013 4:48 AM
Oct 9, 2013 5:01 AM

Dec 2011
This arc is turnign out to outstand and overcome enies lobby and marineford together....Holy fuck, THEY SHOULD ADD ANOTHER OPTION, PERFECT CHAPTER
20\10
Oct 9, 2013 5:40 AM

Jun 2011
Squid-Pirate said:

Oh man, totally forgotten about Jinbe, seems like SH's last hope. Hopefully he reach there and save Law's ass and go get Luffy/Zoro/Kin'emon out of DR. Jinbe & Law vs DD? Shichibukais battle, gonna be crazy

Edit: As for people debating whether or not Sanji is near DD's level or on par with Luffy/Zoro, Sanji got seriously injured after ONE, just ONE attack from DD, while DD tanked Sanji's DJ kicks easily, without getting pushed back, that says something. Even if Sanji knew it's a string power, the most he could do is dodge them for a few times since Sanji is specialized in KH which is efficient in dodging/predicting attack/counter. Sanji's DJ had no effect on DD. Sanji was outmatched, and it's a fact.

As for Luffy/Zoro, I'd say Luffy > Zoro >> Sanji, don't be mistaken, they power are pretty darn close, just saying that Zoro would probably be closer to Luffy than Sanji is to Zoro. They are all on the same tier though
ToG25thBaamOct 9, 2013 6:11 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 9, 2013 7:10 AM

May 2013
Sanji got controlled!? I said he wouldn't get controlled last week. Unbelievable. Law was a real badass here. It would be really crazy if he died. All of his fanboys/fangirls would cry cats and dogs.
Oct 9, 2013 9:23 AM

Dec 2011
Law just used Straw Hat Pirates. As expected.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

33 by Ave_Fenix »»
Yesterday, 12:08 PM

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - May 7

19 by Explncos »»
May 10, 11:23 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 27, 2023

58 by Xpection »»
May 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 403 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

11 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 3:29 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 401 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

10 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 1:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.