Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 29, 2015 6:43 PM

Feb 2013
nameskizo said:
Mega Charizard? Caught Mewtwo with 2 balls? Ash ketchup where you at??

Although rushed as hell, I still enjoyed it a lot. 8/10

poking sticks at krabby.
Jul 27, 2015 12:47 AM

Mar 2015
This would've been a lot better if they didn't try to make it seem like the games and then ruin every battle by following no kind of logic. It's cool to stretch a few things to emphasize the friendship theme but it went far, far beyond that for seemingly no reason.

And I don't know why they reversed the order of Lavender Tower and Silph Co either...
Jul 28, 2015 10:50 AM

Nov 2009
The nostalgia man, holy cow. Could have done without the Mega Evolution stuff since its not in this generation so it didnt make much sense having it here but it was still pretty cool to see animated.

8/10
Jul 28, 2015 1:27 PM

Mar 2015
The Mega Evolution didn't even bother me. My beefs are with a supposedly experienced trainer with a lot of badges doing stuff like using normal moves against rock types (when he has a Fighting type move). And a freaking Rhyhorn rampaging over Red's entire team, and outrunning Pokemon due to plot convenience. Just give that role to Nidoqueen or something instead. Just doesn't feel like Pokemon Red at all.
Jul 31, 2015 1:15 AM

May 2015
FUCK YOU ASH KETCHUM! YOU LAZY BUM OF A TRAINER DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE BALLS TO TAKE RISKS!

This is how pokemon should have been damn Red did way more in one hour than Ash has done in over sixteen years. Destroyed Team Rocket, became the Pokemon League Champion,captured legendary pokemon's and captured Mewtwo, How's that ASH? what the hell have you been doing for sixteen fucking years!
zurgboy00Jul 31, 2015 1:24 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2015 3:00 PM

Dec 2008
zurgboy00 said:
FUCK YOU ASH KETCHUM! YOU LAZY BUM OF A TRAINER DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE BALLS TO TAKE RISKS!

This is how pokemon should have been damn Red did way more in one hour than Ash has done in over sixteen years. Destroyed Team Rocket, became the Pokemon League Champion,captured legendary pokemon's and captured Mewtwo, How's that ASH? what the hell have you been doing for sixteen fucking years!

Indeed.
Aug 17, 2015 10:54 AM

Feb 2015
Really wish this was a proper series but it was pretty good watch nonetheless.

I'm guessing Mega evolution is from the newer games I've only played up to diamond and pearl, then my DS broke.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2015 1:07 PM

Aug 2014
Why are you not a complete series? Why?

Also doesn't Lugia count?

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Nov 26, 2015 2:25 AM

Aug 2009
SweetKotomi said:
Pokemon logic here: Ground Types are immune to Electric attacks so why did Marowak die? Could Rain Dance have been used to soak Marowak.

crap didn't even realize that lol

even if cool and badass, mega evo does kinda feel out of place here

if i blame the lack of content due to the short length of this series, then i'd give a good score overall, maybe 7 or so.

cool to see hall of fame in action
Feb 4, 2016 4:21 AM

Mar 2010
7 at best , its too fast , the pace. But this short series of four episodes really satisfy me , at last , the game is adapted :) my childhood , my memories.
Jun 1, 2016 9:26 PM

Jan 2016
LMAO Green's reaction is so justified. That was just stupid. I was fine with the pacing until now. I really wish we got to see the full match of Red vs. Green. It had such a hype start with Green's monologue, but the rushing made it super anti-climatic.

God, Oak favors Red so much it isn't even funny. Tells him not to even both worrying about his seriously injured grandson and is more concerned about seeing Red catch Mewtwo.

So they think there are only 149 Pokemon? I clearly saw a Slowking in the Hall of Fame, plus Kalos was brought up.

Nice episode. This series was a cool bit of fanservice. 6/10
Aug 1, 2016 5:10 PM

Apr 2009
the mega evolution was so awkward to see in a special that's all about gen1 but oh well! it looked cool

kinda wish red had been entirely unable to catch mewtwo LOL he's like 10 years old he doesn't deserve to be able to command mewtwo, he's way too majestic
Sep 17, 2016 12:14 PM

Apr 2013
I enjoyed watching this, if it was 12 episodes it would be much better.
6/10
Sep 20, 2016 8:30 PM

May 2014
That was pretty nice! Epic fight with mewtwo as well. Now only if this was series that lasted longer....
Mar 14, 2017 11:09 AM
May 2010
Talk about style over substance. That should've been Ash over there when Prof. Oak asked if Gary- I mean Blue knew why he lost. Red has no right to be called someone who loves his Pokemon over Ash, especially when Origins showed so little of the bond between Red and his Pokemon. It's very sloppy writing, which is kinda pathetic compared to the main anime.

The battles could've been great if they weren't skipped over for budget reasons. Can't believe Ash's battles engaged me more than Red's ever did with his one-trick pony act of Charizard.

Overall, this was a total mess, almost as bad as Best Wishes if not for the badassery of Team Rocket here. They actually killed Pokemon here, not like the sissy TR of Best Wishes. The only thing holding this part of Origins back is also the most detrimental one: Red let Giovanni go. What the actual fuck. Ash would've been all, "Thinking of running away?! I won't let you go!" like a badass. All it took for Red to let Giovanni go was a few fancy words sugar-coated on his ego. Jesus Christ. What a shallow protagonist, even by Ash's standards.

And yes, I know Red would've probably been a more competent trainer than... say, BW and Kanto Ash (but probably not DP and XY/Greninja-Ash), but none of that matters when the plot is so thin and boring. This is a TV show, not a video game. The story and characters always come first. Remember that.
Apr 5, 2017 7:37 PM

Dec 2016
What a great, but also kind of rushed, final episode! Still pretty enjoyable though!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 13, 2019 3:34 PM

Feb 2012
Wait...how's Charizard's flame still burning under water?

Looking at this now, I wished they kept mega evolution post gen 6 :(

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 14, 2019 1:07 AM

Jul 2015
Red did something even Ash couldn't do, catching more than half the pokedex entries worth of pokemon

I wonder why Red didn't use the three legendary bird pokemon, the mega-evolution caught me a bit off guard

Jul 16, 2021 2:08 PM

Nov 2016
This was a fine nostalgia trip, just too short. Imagine this as a full lenght series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 19, 2021 5:18 AM

Aug 2017
No idea of why this was made. The first episode was fine, the rest are terrible. Besides several timeskips, the second episode was kinda boring, the third was stupid and the last was anticlimatic. It doesn't help they treat Pokemon like this shit here unlike in the original series.

4/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 14, 2021 7:45 PM

Feb 2021
Aye Red becomes the league champion. And he catches Mewtwo. The Mega Charizard X vs Mewtwo was amazing.

May 21, 2022 2:29 PM

Aug 2014
Very enjoyable for what it is. Its a must watch if you enjoy Generation 1 pokemon games. I recommend watching it in English dub, very nice dub
oooo3333May 21, 2022 2:40 PM
Dec 8, 2022 4:27 PM
Jan 2021
It's a disgrace!!!! Mega Evolution in the original pokemon???? Are you serious????? It destroyed the entire premise of the show!!! Yous should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!
Apr 24, 2023 9:29 PM
Nov 2022
Pretty good, and kept it original.
Aug 2, 2023 12:28 PM

Mar 2022
Well this was definitely a trip down memory lane, I may not be the biggest fan when it comes to the Pokemon games and I can't say I haven't played them and I have at the very least but I think this is certainly the version of Pokemon that I remember from the games. Why can't the regular anime be like this? Ash? Pfft, he's got nothing on Red, he might as well be still in the nursery compared to him, cuz Red does what Ash couldn't, complete half a Pokedex, disband Team Rocket, become League Champion and even capture quite few legendary Pokemon including Mewtwo. Throughout this I enjoyed this quite a lot though it was short in length it definitely did it's job where it's a faithful adaptation of the games. I'd say if you are a Pokemon fan, go give this a worth look. 8/10 from me.
Nov 2, 2023 7:15 PM

Feb 2020
É o melhor inicial da franquia, não tem jeito 🔥
Dec 28, 2023 11:32 AM

Jan 2013
Mega Evolution is something odd to throw into this series considering it's something we haven't seen yet nor was it in the early games but it was definitely cool!

Fantastic entry into the Pokemon franchise though.
Really exciting battles to watch and the animation is just fantastic.

It's so nostalgic just watching the games and anime you grew up with be combined into something great.
Especially after having seen everything up until Best Wishes and re-watching this after 10 years.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon: The Origin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HiyuuT - Oct 2, 2013

131 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 28, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon: The Origin Episode 3 Discussion

Jialyn - Oct 2, 2013

49 by Nerdason »»
Nov 1, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: The Origin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

belatkuro - Oct 2, 2013

102 by Nerdason »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:07 PM

» End Theme

jawsome274 - Apr 18, 2020

0 by jawsome274 »»
Apr 18, 2020 6:13 PM

» So.... Who's feeling sad about Bulbasaur?

ZeraX - Nov 3, 2016

11 by ZeraX »»
Jan 23, 2017 8:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.