Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 13 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 10, 2013 7:07 PM

May 2012
Damn this anime sure was enjoyable to marathon, really enjoyed every bit of song, action, development, character and just everything from this anime! It was just so lovely to see and with such a great ending you can't ask more!

Really had a great watch 9.5/10 for the whole series!
Oct 10, 2013 8:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I think they overdid it with the ending. It's a little bit too ridiculous even by Symphogear standard.

Was better than first season?? Not really sure though...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 12, 2013 7:08 PM

Feb 2013
Woa, "angel-gear" ... especially Kirika and Chris... nice!
Oct 13, 2013 7:44 AM

Mar 2013
ErwinJA said:
delulytric said:
Oh yes, I just pondered on a question.

Where the hell did Maria even get the Gungnir relic in the first place? I thought there is only one relic by Kanade, and she died and the fragment went into Hibiki's heart. Hibiki was the sole survivor of the noise attack as referenced from Symhpogear G episode 2. So how did Maria even sneak up and obtain the relic O.O

That's not entirely accurate. The entire relic did not embed itself in Hibiki, only shards of it after it shattered. What Maria had was likely the remainder, which was probably recovered after the fact, probably by Fine-related persons who then reconstructed (most of) it and gave it to the American group.
That, or there were actually two Gungnirs all along. Hey, it's possible. And it's not like the writers care.

Maria had a copy of Gungnir that was created by the American Scientists using data supplied to them before the events of the 1st season, I believe.
This was explained earlier in season 2.
Oct 14, 2013 9:15 AM

May 2010
Great finale
Oct 14, 2013 1:39 PM

May 2012
Commie has finally released subs for the final episode
Oct 14, 2013 7:20 PM

Aug 2013
This episode (series?) may as well be called "Deus ex Machina: The Animated Series", for all the random plot devices and sudden development of abilities...
Oct 15, 2013 1:00 AM

Aug 2008
Hmm. that was a decent ending.

They kept their Gears in the end, and at least one more plot device was hinted (The Moon system or w/e restarting), so is not too hard to make an S3 if they really wanted to. Will watch again if it happebs. The music is nice after all.
Oct 15, 2013 9:05 AM

Jan 2011
...wow that was just ridiculous. The whole thing. Not just this episode. 5 or 6/10.

The music is not enough to carry this. At least for me. I hope there isn't a S3 but why do I get the feeling that if there is content, it's going to happen. I didn't a S2 would come out, and I was wrong.
IZEROIIOct 15, 2013 9:11 AM
Oct 17, 2013 10:56 PM

Dec 2011
This show is so Valvrave.
Yes, you know what I mean. Nice to watch, 7/10

Tsubasa > Chris
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2013 6:01 AM

Apr 2013
Miku's inhuman throw. Did she develop super strength when she's was a gear?
And those 2 hands reminds me of GaoGaiGAR! Great indead. 8/10
Nov 17, 2013 8:39 PM

Sep 2013
If you want to know what happened Maria and the rest after they were taken away, here it is

http://www.symphogear-g.com/introduction/keyword_62.php

Translate it and you'll roughly understand it.
Dec 10, 2013 6:50 PM

Aug 2008
Pretty fun and exciting all the way through. Though the ending didn't have the same punch for me as the first season's, I though overall this was a better series than the first. Cliffhanger and cliffhanger, bad ass crazy moment after badass crazy moment. Dr. Ver's crazy faces were legendary. I'd say the only disappointments were the old lady that just took way too long to die, and her daughter who just went from awesome to suck over the span of the season.

Oct 18, 2014 7:05 PM

Feb 2014
That was so EPIC! Especially the part where they all turned into that rainbow beam and smashed into the Nephilim. I loved the angel-symphogear outfits!

And at the very end, when they were like: "We still have a friend who can save us...MIKU!!!!" and Miku started running towards Solonmon's Cane I was like: "YES MKIU! YES! GOGOGO! YOU GOT THIS, MIKU!"

A great sequell to a super enjoyable series. 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2014 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
The Doctor was clearly the best character 7/10
Oct 22, 2014 3:28 PM

Feb 2013
That was some epic shit right there. They turned into angel symphogears? Lol, Dr.Ver wanted to die but they didn't give it to him. Mom sacrifices herself to make the moon return to its original orbit. Cool. The Earth won't be destroyed anymore. So, Maria can't transform anymore? I wasn't sure. Eagerly waitng for the third season. Great episode! Very enjoyable series.
Nano1124Oct 22, 2014 6:23 PM
Jun 23, 2015 3:11 AM

Jul 2012
This season is definitely better than the first, less illogical and better songs.

Though the transforming into angels and friendship/understanding speeches were still pretty cheesy

Will watch season 3 (with a title like that...I just have to).
Jul 2, 2015 8:09 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing End, but lots of questions that need to be answered!!

Dr. Ver is one crazy scientist. This guy never gives up lol.

I didn't understand how Serena appeared from thin air to Maria like that?!

Nephilim fight was kinda weak, but there's nothing really to make since it's just a lump of monster.

I love the new songs!! I can't seem to find them on OST so it would be awesome if people can list the songs being played here instead of having to play all 6 discs and trying to find them XD

Maybe wikia can help :D

I'm still amaze on how Genjuurou and Ogawa can fight as hell even though they are only human(?)

Shirabe summoned Gundam!!! Yeah the final fight kinda reminds me of a Gundam boss battle!!!

They have their new forms!!! Hibiki has Maria's gugnir now, and she has her own white cloak!!! I kinda miss her black one! Kirika has a longer scythe, Tsubasa same with her sword while Chris didn't use her big bazooka from the end of S1 :(

I guess Madam is already dead!?! What happened to her air craft?? It was weird seeing her in half robot form the suddenly returns to normal human form.

Amazing final punch!!!! Was hoping Miku would transform her symphogear, but now she threw solomon's cane and never to return. Pretty sure they'll be back someday :P

Dr. Ver is arrested, but i have feeling he'll escape one day.

Amazing show!!!! I love all the seiyuus!!!! Maria is fucking awesome and clearly my favorite character here!! voiced by Yoko Hikasa is also a huge plus!!! Wish they showed her along with Shirabe and Kirika and see what they're up to. Lol would like to hear Chris say "Senpai" to Tsubasa once more!

Chris is my 2nd favorite along with Tsubasa. Never been a fan of Hibiki, but at least she improve greatly from Season 1.

Give this 9/10 for the amazing animation, awesome fight scenes and godly music!!!!

Season 3 airs tomorrow!!! Looks like i made it in time!! Gonna watch the Specials first.

Tomorrow is gonna be godlike :)

Jul 2, 2015 11:41 PM

Sep 2010
so i just recently finished the series what i never know was why during fight scenes the background gets darker for a bit than goes back to normal
Jul 10, 2015 6:31 AM

Dec 2013
I can honestly admit that i was never this confused over what was happening at any given time in any other anime i watched before.
You can't just sprinkle a couple of okay animated action scenes on top of a bunch of nonsense and expect me to be totally fine with everything.
but whatever, everyone here seems to love it, maybe i am indeed an idiot.

And hey, let's forgive Maria for everything she's done up until now.
Those soldiers she murdered back in episode 8 or so? Whatever, they weren't moe girls, who cares about them.
Jul 17, 2015 8:12 AM

May 2014
Xeroix1990 said:
so i just recently finished the series what i never know was why during fight scenes the background gets darker for a bit than goes back to normal

That's an anti-seizure measurement they implemented for Japanese TV, They are required to darken parts with intense flashing light.

Should be removed on the BD version. I re-watched it with the TV version I had on my computer and it was really noticeable.
Jul 23, 2015 6:12 PM

Feb 2015
I must admit, this anime series has really good season finales.
Oct 9, 2015 9:13 PM

Nov 2009
Good ending to another great season although I did feel that the first half of this season was better then the first, Still enjoyed it though. Will have to watch GX now.

8/10
Feb 29, 2016 6:54 AM

Apr 2014
HEAVEN ! AND ! HELL !!! Feels like I'm watching Super robots with a mix of Megaman in it... I like these battle Armor better then skirts and Dressers... 7/10 IMPROVE BY A FKING A LOT SINCE S1. Let say the Gate of Babylon or Noise portal still have some sort of SUCKING effect from before... Then it's maybe possible a throw like that can make it look like she did it on her own ...
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
May 7, 2016 8:43 AM

Aug 2010
So...they basically ripped off Nanoha StrikerS, except made it about twice as bad? That's...quite an achievement considering how bad that was (not to mention Symphogear's first season in its own right) so I have to give kudos. A very generous 4/10. Can't wait to see if they can top this with something even more horrendous in the next season!
Oct 26, 2016 6:18 PM
Jan 2009
Just rewatched this series after rewatching the first one. And oh god was it fun. The first time I watched it was when it aired on TV and I considered it a "guilty pleasure/so bad it's good" type of show.
Then came GX and I was suprised to find it genuinely good. Now the franchise as a whole has really won me over and I give this one a solid 7, maybe a 8. However in terms of enjoyment it's a 10.

The awesome fight scenes, the dumb as fuck bad guys, the over the top song lyrics, the stupidly cute girls, the ridiculousness of the overall thing make it a really unique show and one of the best entertainment anime ever made.
Dec 22, 2016 9:44 AM

Dec 2011
What a beautiful end to a brilliant series.

The ending was the only thing that really felt somewhat lacking with the first one, but this was a great conclusion.

Hmm... I meant to spend another two days watching this. Oh well.

One of the best anime I've watched this year, that's for sure. And the best thing is there's more of it to watch, and still more beyond that yet to come.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 23, 2017 2:14 AM

Sep 2016
strong start, but keep getting worse until the end, and the final battle is just not as climatic as the 1st season
good thing Sugita is there with godly voice acting to save the series
onwards to s3
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 5, 2017 8:25 AM

Dec 2012
Is there anything that can't be figured out with a wild guess that turns out to be right, holding hands as a last resort or just a good ol' deus ex machina? This season managed to become more contrived and far fetched. My suspension of disbelief finally shattered by this last episode.

6/10. Season 1, minus the art, was better and more believable.

Well, it can only get better from here on out. Idk if it was in the episode but I laughed out loud when only the scythe tip stabbed Shirabe in the back.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 4, 2018 8:46 AM

May 2016
That episode was amazing. Majestic Ending. <3

10/10
Dec 6, 2018 3:49 AM

May 2016
Okay, is it just me, or does the general physical shape of Final Nephilim look like Shooting Quasar Dragon from Yugioh 5Ds?
Mar 12, 2019 9:57 AM

May 2016
Well, I actually found this last episode somewhat over the top silly. But overall I enjoyed it a lot more than the first season due to the visual updates and more varied cast. Yukine Chris remains the most adorable of the girls though.

The power of song was always this anime's while dedication so the fact that they put so much effort into making it a big deal is understandable despite it being a silly concept it worked somewhat well, though it was still absolutely silly in the end.

The scale of the fight was a bit too much for my taste as well, but I can say that this ending didn't ruin the series for me. It was completely watchable. Though it reduces the odds of me ever recommending sitting through the first season two watch this season sadly. \

Overall it was a truly enjoyable show, especially the first three quarters where the animation is a little smoother and has a newer feel to it.

5/5
Jun 4, 2019 10:09 AM
Jul 2015
9/10 for the season, but the last episode did have a bit too many fire works for it's own good. One the other hand the way the defeated the monster was surprisingly sensible. I not sure why it's surprising, symphogear actually makes sense fairly often. i also like that the solutions to problems in the show don't usually feel like they only exist to solve that one problem.
Apr 16, 2020 1:13 PM

May 2016
Amazing End, but lots of questions that need to be answered!!

Dr. Ver is one crazy scientist. This guy never gives up lol.

I didn't understand how Serena appeared from thin air to Maria like that?!

Nephilim fight was kinda weak, but there's nothing really to make since it's just a lump of monster.

I love the new songs!! I can't seem to find them on OST so it would be awesome if people can list the songs being played here instead of having to play all 6 discs and trying to find them XD

Maybe wikia can help :D

I'm still amaze on how Genjuurou and Ogawa can fight as hell even though they are only human(?)

Shirabe summoned Gundam!!! Yeah the final fight kinda reminds me of a Gundam boss battle!!!

They have their new forms!!! Hibiki has Maria's gugnir now, and she has her own white cloak!!! I kinda miss her black one! Kirika has a longer scythe, Tsubasa same with her sword while Chris didn't use her big bazooka from the end of S1 :(

I guess Madam is already dead!?! What happened to her air craft?? It was weird seeing her in half robot form the suddenly returns to normal human form.

Amazing final punch!!!! Was hoping Miku would transform her symphogear, but now she threw solomon's cane and never to return. Pretty sure they'll be back someday :P

Dr. Ver is arrested, but i have feeling he'll escape one day.

Amazing show!!!! I love all the seiyuus!!!! Maria is fucking awesome and clearly my favorite character here!! voiced by Yoko Hikasa is also a huge plus!!! Wish they showed her along with Shirabe and Kirika and see what they're up to. Lol would like to hear Chris say "Senpai" to Tsubasa once more!

Chris is my 2nd favorite along with Tsubasa. Never been a fan of Hibiki, but at least she improve greatly from Season 1.

Give this 9/10 for the amazing animation, awesome fight scenes and godly music!!!!

Season 3 airs tomorrow!!! Looks like i made it in time!! Gonna watch the Specials first.

Tomorrow is gonna be godlike :)
Apr 16, 2020 1:14 PM

May 2016
Well, I actually found this last episode somewhat over the top silly. But overall I enjoyed it a lot more than the first season due to the visual updates and more varied cast. Yukine Chris remains the most adorable of the girls though.

The power of song was always this anime's while dedication so the fact that they put so much effort into making it a big deal is understandable despite it being a silly concept it worked somewhat well, though it was still absolutely silly in the end.

The scale of the fight was a bit too much for my taste as well, but I can say that this ending didn't ruin the series for me. It was completely watchable. Though it reduces the odds of me ever recommending sitting through the first season two watch this season sadly. \

Overall it was a truly enjoyable show, especially the first three quarters where the animation is a little smoother and has a newer feel to it.

5/5
Dec 8, 2020 2:29 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Nice so we got the power rangers now. Does this mean they need a new stupidass drone army to fight since all the noise from solomon's treasury has been pretty much obliterated or are those goofy looking fucks gonna inexplicably come back for season 3

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 8, 2021 10:45 AM

Feb 2020
Decent finale, I guess. Almost everyone says this is better than the first season, but I really don't agree. Only the animation looked better this time. The first season was more touching, emotional, and intriguing. The story hit me much more deeply.

Dr. Ver was probably the most generic mad scientist ever. I thought Ryouko was a little lame character, but this guy was much worse than her. I also didn't care of the other characters either.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:48 AM
May 11, 2021 2:15 PM

Nov 2016
Dr.Ver best boy, Tomoe from Sailor Moon would approve him

And lol at Miku breaking the spear throw world record

Pretty fun finale again, but I wouldn't really say that it was better than S1.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 1, 2021 3:42 AM

Feb 2014
Just finished rewatching it! I feel like it was even more hype than the first time I watched it lol. The quality and storytelling is way better than season 1, I've glad it kinda seemed to find its footing (despite all the plot conveniences and deus ex machinas, but I guess that's just part of Symphogear hehe)

One thing that still confuses me though is why Fine sacrificed herself to save Shirabe. Couldn't she just reincarnate in another soul? Or was Shirabe the only one left? Like I felt like she just kinda gave up on everything she'd been trying to accomplish all these years

Anyway, bumping it up from a 9 to a 10 bc I love Symphogear so much xD
Dec 29, 2021 11:17 PM

Jul 2017
The campiness of these finales are really something. Got to love this shit xD

Feb 5, 2023 5:26 PM
Jul 2020
Axelucard said:
too much singing lol and clichéd as hell
Why are you watching a show that is completely and 100% centered around music, if you dont want music.

It's literally called "symphonic gear"

Aside from that, damn I loved this. I know I am late to the show, but I read the episode discussion for every episode to watch it "alongside" you all, and I loved it just as much.

Of course, writing in the current present, I know that there are more season for me to watch, and I can not stress enough how hyped I am for it.

The music is just so good that I could listen to it all day long, and aside from a few moments that seemed a bit over the top, I like all the characters from the main cast. Most people seem to favor Chris, but Tachibana is easily my #1

Her sword theme and her moves are just so damn cool. Though I have to say, that punching stuff until it explodes is an alltime classic.

Onward, ONWARD, to the next season!
Mar 14, 2023 5:55 PM
Mar 2019
It was inevitable they would team up at some point.
I still preferred Season 1, this was just, not as good.
Time to bow out of the Symphogear universe, i just lost interest.
Sep 12, 2023 2:20 PM

Nov 2010
Finally, Maria got a sexy Symphogear with her armpits exposed. I love it!
Wow, Shinji can bullet curve. I last saw that when I saw the movie Wanted.

So, everything inside Babylon was destroyed when the Nephilim self-destructed? Is the Noise wiped out? I wonder what kind of enemies they'll fight next season.

Chris is so damn cute & extra screwable when she's flustered.
I wonder if Maria and her team will join up with Hibiki and the others in the future.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Jul 4, 2013

100 by Hibiki2134 »»
Sep 18, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 5, 2013

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:05 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.