Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 10, 2013 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
I struggled to get through this anime because I kept hoping it would get better. :( I don't know if I'm the only person who HATED William. I thought he was one of the most useless protagonists ever, prior to awakening Solomon. I watched this show because I thought the artwork looked good and the story seemed interesting. i might just pick up the manga. those are usually better than anime adaptions.
Oct 20, 2013 4:27 PM

Jan 2011
I liked the anime as a whole but the last episode felt rushed to have some kind of ending because of the 12 eps restriction and I was disappointed with it, I would liked to have seen Lucifer make an appearance and it was said that Solomon was friends with Lucifer so how did that friendship begin? because there was no mention of him meeting Lucifer in the flashbacks and maybe Lucifer would be disappointed that his Lords have tried to conspire against him and his friend. Plus, was that really Dantalion at the end? And after Solomon agreed to return the ring to demons because he thought that Lucifer wanted that, why then was it returned to him?? Lots of unanswered questions, they should def make a season 2!!
Oct 22, 2013 12:13 PM

May 2012
Not a bad ending, it sure was a nice fight to round things off and well overall it did had quite a nice buildup towards this ending! A pretty decent anime in general I must say.
Nov 15, 2013 1:45 PM
Nov 2013
I loved this series. I am hoping for there to be a second season. I wish there could've been more romantic connections between William and Dantalion as I love them together as more than friends. This would probably be one of my favorite anime if there would've been more going on between the two, as everyone else I hated the ending. I felt like they didn't explain as well as they could've. It was confusing as to why William couldn't remember anything or why Solomon didn't recognize Dantalion. Over all I give this anime 8/10 ^^
Nov 17, 2013 10:09 AM
May 2012
That ending was alright for me :D Well for me the story is kinda interesting and cool :3

I find some episodes boring and some episodes enjoyable but overall it was alright.

The animation, character designs, music and voice acting was alright :D

There are still many things left unanswered so I'll probably read the Manga and if they will make a season 2 I will watch it too :3

The opening and ending song are awesome :3

Thank you!!!
Dec 14, 2013 2:12 PM

Mar 2010
Tyrel said:
Not that bad of a series TBH. I quite enjoyed it except for the guy x guy moments some of the time. 5.5/10.

haha I agree. Nice series , enjoyable and mediocre at best , but I give it 7/10 because of the awesome typical anime-art and great ending ost. (was initially 6..but im generoush)

Well I dont really expect for a season 2 ...but hopefully there will be one soon in the future :|

EDITED : and here I was hoping to see lucifer's form. lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2013 4:09 PM

Jun 2012
Minus the gay shit, this was pretty interesting. Music was nice and art was good except for the fucked up noses.

7/10
Apr 10, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 2011
What...?? How can they end just like that? Lol at least show Dantalion's face or something. -.- I don't even know what happened to William after that. I would like to know more about Solomon, if there is a sequel, I will watch it.

Edit: The battle scene, there were some obvious reused footage there. ~.~
ToG25thBaamApr 10, 2014 9:12 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 15, 2014 1:06 AM

Aug 2013
So um... Yeah the manga is so much better compared to the anime. I really recommend you to read it.
May 11, 2014 8:18 AM

Nov 2009
I wish it were a bit longer to see how it truly ends. :)
To add, what they've done to the history of Israel and its religion is a bit too much. :D
Jun 17, 2014 7:57 PM

Aug 2011
Where's my kiss scene.

» Escapism.

Jul 14, 2014 6:48 PM

Apr 2014
What the hell.

Well that was a terrible disappointment. I went into this series having actually liked it quite a bit but the ending ruined mostly everything... Basically nothing was solved, and this "finale" just left me feeling confused. Why did William/Solomon give Dantalion the ring anyways? Does that mean he wanted to give up his position in hell? Why did Dantalion have to kill Solomon in the past?
So many things left unclear. I guess I'll have to read the manga. It's a shame, though. I really liked the characters.
Aug 2, 2014 6:26 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
What this anime was about =

11 episodes of William rejecting everyone
1 episode of Solomon awakening and causing chaos
Jan 14, 2015 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
The OP/ED songs were better than the actual story, sadly.

Okay, not gonna lie, I enjoyed this show a lot. The art is eyecandy, the colours are great, the seiyuu cast is top notch. But it's so fucking random. Kuroshitsuji suffered from this too. Half of it was fun "filler" or comedy slapstick stuff while the other half was more dark, serious and supernatural. I'd rather THIS show stick with the fun stuff and less on the serious stuff. :/

Good job, seiyuu. Terashima sounded so cool as Dantalion. Kirito Matsuoka rocked that Sytry role! I always hated him as a voice actor but this is one of the few I like. Eguchi did a great on William. I watched this show mainly to hear him voice act since I was not familiar with his voice.

Not going to read the manga until it's fully scanlated!
Feb 11, 2015 6:03 PM

Mar 2013
Lame. That ending was awful.

The battle scene was lazy as Hell, if you'll excuse the pun.

Meh.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
May 18, 2015 1:53 PM

Apr 2009
i cannot forgive the lazy animation they did in the last big battle scene where the same horde of demons got wiped out 3 times, they also used the same scenes 2 times which is just unforgivable considering the quality of the anime until then _|D

other than that- had hoped for some other sort of ending, but we only know that Dantalion returned fo' sure =='
we also never really got his background story- which i feel could have worked instead of the hilarious episode with the bake-off,
too little spotlight for other of the characters showing up in the last couple of episodes too ._.'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jun 19, 2015 9:47 PM

Jun 2010
Watching the anime is fun and there are some scenes that they've altered from the original scene in the manga. I also love those BL feels (there's a lot of scene ! please just kiss already ! Dantalion & Willliam). But still the manga is much better (the art, the scene and of course the timing), there's some part in the anime that is badly drawn (just like the anime adaptation of DRAMAtical Murder ! so disappointing) and some scenes feels off.

12 episodes is a bit short, but the manga also is not that fast with the update. So while there's no season 2 (i'm hoping they'll make one) I'm following the manga (WTF ! there's no improvement bet. Dantalion & William, and it really makes me curious what's bet. Solomon and Dantalion his ''precious first pillar '' and why does Solomon asked Dantalion to kill him)
Jul 5, 2015 7:04 PM

Jun 2013
Loved how they kept the ball rolling with the Dantalion x William my ship. Definitely missed a scene from the manga that they didn't animate.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Jul 9, 2015 9:19 AM

Apr 2014
Loved it in general nit the ending was dissapointing to say the least. >.<
Jul 15, 2015 2:51 AM
Dec 2013
Makai Ouji was great. LIked the animation A LOT.
Sep 27, 2015 10:02 PM

Apr 2012
It took me a long time to finish this show but I am glad I did it ^^
Oct 11, 2015 9:06 PM
Oct 2015
Well, This sucks, Lucy is my favorite Angel of Hell. I really wanted to see how he was depected for this. Oh well, I had fun laughing like a mainiac at the jabs made towards both realists and the occult. The ending was a little Meh for me. I mean it wasnt as bad as some anime endings but it was left open for a possible second seires or its an open ending for all those crazy Fanfiction contiuations. and one more thing, Solomon regardless is an OP charater even in the Bibles. Yes plural cause he's them all in one shape or another, Even found him some of my Wiccan manuals. That aside OF COURSE HE'LL BE OVER POWERFUL IN THIS. I mean use y'alls heads.
Oct 18, 2015 1:37 PM

Jul 2013
I loved this show, I expected him to elected someone at the end but instead he didn't have to since Lucifer woke up again. Dantalion made him turn back to William and William got the scholarship which was good and now no one else can remember Dantalion et al but Dantalion turned up again at the end when William just dropped the ring.

I wonder what would have happened in a second season.
Mar 13, 2016 9:20 PM
Mar 2016
I loved the whole thing but I did not like the ending. Being the only person to remember that is sad, even for me. Dantalion showing up at the end was good though. But it was a cliff-hanger. Not fair.
Jun 15, 2016 10:53 AM

Jan 2010
lmao this was so rushed + so many questions unanswered
i wasn't expecting them to fit everything elaborately in 12 episodes anyway
they're good at making ppl wanna read the manga tho 👏👏
Oct 8, 2016 12:50 PM
Puddi Queen

Oct 2009
mecoolass said:
The only part that made me still curious. Who the heck is Lucifer?

Yes omg I am so annoyed by the fact that he won't be shown GAH! Like, there were so many moments that everyone gazed towards the open doors and no one appeared. It was the perfect timing to introduce a magnificent character. Buh. Also... Why does Lucifer have white feathers and why does his door appear more like the gate to heaven than anything remotely connected to hell? ........... I mean, I know Lucifer is a fallen angel, but doesn't that mean he should have like dark wings or something? Idk. Kind of disappointed.

Also.. am I the only one who is confused about Solomon's violent persona? In all of the flashbacks Solomon is portrayed as a very intelligent and peaceful man without the desire to do harm to anyone, not even his father who has hurt him so. The flashback also shows he is reluctant to go to war against his father, yet the Solomon after awakening doesn't hesitate to annihilate the demons attacking him. To me that is just far too different for one person to be or everyone's definition of Solomon just isn't right and he has been hiding this violent part of him all along? Again, kind of disappointed.

Giving this series a 6 out of 10. The diversity of characters was very interesting, especially because the angels appeared more merciless than the demons and that's a new thing for me. I loved that fun and serious parts were balanced throughout the episodes which kept it light hearted but suspenseful at the same time.
Oct 21, 2016 11:43 PM
Oct 2016
Lilviscious said:
mecoolass said:
The only part that made me still curious. Who the heck is Lucifer?

Yes omg I am so annoyed by the fact that he won't be shown GAH! Like, there were so many moments that everyone gazed towards the open doors and no one appeared. It was the perfect timing to introduce a magnificent character. Buh. Also... Why does Lucifer have white feathers and why does his door appear more like the gate to heaven than anything remotely connected to hell? ........... I mean, I know Lucifer is a fallen angel, but doesn't that mean he should have like dark wings or something? Idk. Kind of disappointed.

Also.. am I the only one who is confused about Solomon's violent persona? In all of the flashbacks Solomon is portrayed as a very intelligent and peaceful man without the desire to do harm to anyone, not even his father who has hurt him so. The flashback also shows he is reluctant to go to war against his father, yet the Solomon after awakening doesn't hesitate to annihilate the demons attacking him. To me that is just far too different for one person to be or everyone's definition of Solomon just isn't right and he has been hiding this violent part of him all along? Again, kind of disappointed.

Giving this series a 6 out of 10. The diversity of characters was very interesting, especially because the angels appeared more merciless than the demons and that's a new thing for me. I loved that fun and serious parts were balanced throughout the episodes which kept it light hearted but suspenseful at the same time.

There's a hint in there. As far as I think, Lucifer was actually Williams Uncle. For one, William seems to recognize Lucifer at the end, and as well, his uncle went missing at the beginning of the anime, perhaps when Lucifer fell asleep? It would make sense as well why the house had that symbol linked to hell. As for the white feathers, Stiri had white feathers too after he fell, and was shown with wings over his arms sort of. In certain biblical pieces as well, Lucifer is said to still have white wings even though he fell. They're still angels, in a sense, they just no longer have access to or reside in heaven. It's all just mixed up in different interpretations.

There was some good to this anime, but at the same time the ending just had a weird 'overdone' feel to it. The whole anime reminded me of a mix of black butler and Pandora hearts, in a good way, but some parts just sort of fell off. Also, as for the ring, it seems like it was Dantalions originally, but also seems to be tied into Solomons powers, which are linked to heaven. It's hinted that Dantalion was once a member of the church, perhaps part of the inquisition or something like that? Maybe he was an angel, and had something to do with Solomon gaining his powers in the first place. Would be a nice twist, but I feel like they should have explored deeper into some of these mysteries rather than just lightly hinting at them.

All in all, could have gone a lot deeper. 3/5, barely. +1 if they'd kissed.
Dec 9, 2017 5:06 PM

Oct 2011
well... this was a mishmash. I kept thinking of Free/Kuroshitsuji/Pandora Hearts/Nanatsu no Taizai at various times lmao. but the nostalgia is nice~
the chara designs are so purrrty. and slashy like nobody's business. huehue

Dec 18, 2017 2:37 PM

Oct 2015
I think it was a pretty decent anime, although it had edges that needed to be trimmed but from me what heck I don't give a damn. Sometimes I become biased and this will have to be one, because on this I will value enjoyment over everything which was an 8. I wish though they showed Lucifer's face, I wanted to see the lord those demons were eager to overthrow. I also liked how William going berserk from being possessed by Solomon, I was really impressed by the action in the end and how William missed those demon. But we never got clarity on what's up with Kevin and that Michael guy, it seems like this series continues somewhere but I guess I will wait for s2.

Anyway 8/10 just for control.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 3, 2019 7:42 AM

Mar 2016
I really thought his might be good, but this was horrible!

Was this episode a filler? It feels like I've seen this episode in multiple animes.

The same group of demons kept getting killed over and over. Did they think we wouldn't notice it?

In the end, what was the point of telling this story? The characters and plot were completely empty, and the animation was just okay.
Jan 20, 2020 11:56 AM
Nov 2017
The BL undertone was real <3
I was about to say "Poor William" because of how empty he looked after everything had settled down and that no one remembered who the three demons were...
Second season please, I LOVE these series <3

Solomon just bad boi I LOVE it <3333333
Nov 29, 2020 3:28 PM
Nov 2017
Yup this episode was, as always, fire.
The ending was rushed I can't deny that, and it left a lot of things unfinished, all that aside... It's a brilliant story and brilliant main characters. Solomon is a very interesting character as well, his power was insane.

Always happy to re-watch this anime adaption, I enjoy it from start to finish every time and the story is really captivating for me. I give it a 9/10, personal opinion.

Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist is always high on my "re-watch value" list.

I can't believe no one has commented on this thread ever since I last did which is about a year ago now! o.O
Jan 16, 2022 3:30 AM

Aug 2019
It felt incomplete, but Solomon surprised me. He was incredibly powerful and badass because he didn't hesitate to eliminate Balberith because he was defying the contract. Despite this, I loved Dantalion's concern for William and his willingness to defy Solomon. It seemed strange that he didn't remember Dantalion, but not seeing Lucifer's face was a huge letdown.
Sep 17, 2023 1:01 AM
Jul 2021
What a super anticlimactic ending!! Baby Jesus on a ffvcking cracker! I hate beyond words this kind of endings! The ones were the team behind the project truly believe they'll return for another season. FYI this series ain't coming back for S2!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2013

35 by Hieru-chan »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:05 PM

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2013

31 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:16 PM

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

247Eyes - Jul 14, 2013

73 by Yysamag008 »»
Aug 19, 2022 8:31 AM

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2013

122 by Yysamag008 »»
Aug 19, 2022 7:49 AM

» How faithful an adaptation is this?

MacabreMech - Dec 31, 2021

3 by Animefangirl152 »»
Jan 3, 2022 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.