Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2013 6:09 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Too bad Dessler didn't get more screen time in the first half of the series. I really wanted to see more screen time of Dessler's love for Starsha. It would've fleshed out his character and showed more of how complex of a villain he is.

How does the Blue Space Elf get rewarded for her loyalty?
Get shot in the gut.
HybridMBLSep 27, 2013 12:49 PM
Sep 27, 2013 11:15 AM

Mar 2008
All there is to say is... YUUUKKKIIII!
I hope that pool of blood does not belong to her...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2013 6:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Are they really going to off Yuki? That's be pretty bold. Maybe when they renew Earth they can save her?

Desler was a lousy tactician. No wonder the crew of the Yamato kept on thwarting him.

And here's a toast to the Yamato's famous 18 inch guns, the largest ever fitted on a warship. It's good that they actually kept some old fashioned shells around to fire.

oh, and did my eyes fool me or did Kato confess to everyone's favorite busty nurse?
FarabeufOct 27, 2013 6:48 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 1, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2013
Yuki T_T sob
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Nov 1, 2013 10:33 AM

Apr 2010
Marzan said:
oh, and did my eyes fool me or did Kato confess to everyone's favorite busty nurse?

A little lip-reading and body language would tell you yes, yes he did. Not only that, but it appears that she's also pregnant AND getting married.

Nov 1, 2013 9:36 PM

Apr 2012
FUCK!

Man, this is some Tomino shit xD
RedgraveGilverNov 1, 2013 9:39 PM
Nov 3, 2013 10:10 AM

Apr 2011
Desler finally died...wow.
Nov 5, 2013 9:00 PM

Aug 2010
Akamitsu said:
Marzan said:

A little lip-reading and body language would tell you yes, yes he did. Not only that, but it appears that she's also pregnant AND getting married.

Woo! Best part of the episode!
Nov 30, 2013 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
Finally found a subbed version of this. They certainly tied up a lot of loose ends in this one, but I'm wondering if they'll just let Yuki die? Hopefully we see a few more romantic resolutions next (and final) episode. Good to see a shout-out to Heinlein with "The Green Hills of Earth" as next week's title.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 7, 2014 10:16 PM

Jan 2013
Noooo.
They never did meet face to face.
I knew there had to be more action in the last 2 episodes.
5/5

Again someone rated it a 1/5
Feb 5, 2014 10:35 AM

Oct 2013
RediceRyan said:
Noooo.
They never did meet face to face.
I knew there had to be more action in the last 2 episodes.
5/5

Again someone rated it a 1/5

lol, ikr?
Such blasphemy.

One more to go!
May 14, 2014 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode really badass, this is true script!
Plot that gives us innumerable twists and turns, there time to talk of many things and also doing it the right way.
I love this anime series.
I also share this skepticism towards the one who voted for the episode only 1/5, is unacceptable.
I'm sorry for Dessler, because he had little space in this production, a little sad for the death of Mizera. Kato is a real ferret ... eh ... eh ... Makoto is already waiting for her son. XD
The death of Yuki is a bolt from the blue, I could not believe it. O_O
Animations and beautiful, can not wait to see the last episode and see the movie for release in 2014! * w *
I'm happy ... :3
Jul 8, 2014 6:47 PM
Jan 2014
Just like kodai...yukiiii
I always liked flakken...to bad he did not see that dessler was still lingering arohnd.
Oct 6, 2014 5:45 AM

Dec 2013
My reaction when Yuki was jumping to save the Jirel girl: NOOO! SHIT! FUCK NO!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!! SHEEEEEEET!!!!! I'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood heard me -.-".

NOOO They better not let Yuki die!! I NEED a Yuki x Kodai ending PLEASE!!!!

Also why did Desler tell his guards not to shoot Kodai and Yuki as he was leaving Yamato?? And I don't understand his logic of saving the universe...hmm maybe blowing up my OWN capital city will save the galaxy! Great logic mate.

Edit: The ED Song is beautiful. 12/10. Really brought out my emotion from the episode.
Oct 23, 2014 12:44 PM

Nov 2013
Okay, they really pulled this episode out of their ass. Why couldn't they just finish the series at episode 24 with that good ending? smh.
Dec 28, 2014 7:05 AM

Nov 2014
Wow, they just don't know when to kill a character off.... that Desler should've died 10 episodes ago, or whichever episode was, when Domel was called back.... oh well, bad anime deaths will always be bad....
As Yand Wenli have said:
"In this anime, when a person dies, they are dead for good, unlike in other animes, where the creators will kill the character and revive and kill it again, just because they can."

This is not happening only in this anime, in many others as well, and it's really irritating and boring to see characters, that had anticlimactic death, stay alive, just so they can die at some other point, with some boring speech.

I thought I was going to give it a high score, but, this thing with Desler just won't pass.
Edit; Plus the infinite amount of resources they have to repair the ship and it's weapons.
ourielDec 28, 2014 7:25 AM
Mar 21, 2015 4:38 AM

Jan 2014
that was a nice song in the beginning. if I'm correct it's one of the EDs
there's still Garmillans who doesn't like Yamato eh

dessler x starsha? no. mamoru > dessler
also, starsha is already preggie with mamoru's child

Yuki jumping on that Jirel: WAIT SHIT NO NIGGA
then they both get shot. majestic.

UP NEXT: FINAL EPISODE! Yuki dead? :/
5/5.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Apr 20, 2015 10:41 PM

Nov 2012
so dessler died for real this time.. right?
kind of a pity though, i wish they'd expanded more on him earlier and killed him for good the first time he was attacked. probably would have been better.

also yuki ;_; she's not really dead, right? right?
May 5, 2015 6:24 PM

Sep 2010
I hope Dessler died for good this time or we have another Jesus Yamatoe on our hands.

lol did they seriously just kill off Yuki? xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 17, 2015 8:58 PM

Feb 2008
Well, that was dumb. They followed everything that made the original bad, and repeated the same mistakes. Although Yuki died like shit here. At least in the original she did a heroic sacrifice.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 5, 2015 11:15 PM

Mar 2012
I can't believe such a scumbag like Goer lasted this long to die. At least Wolf survived I guess.
Jan 9, 2016 8:24 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that sure was a plottwist where Deslar suddenly appeared, at least we now know he's death for real!

Damn Yuki though :/ Either way a great episode, let's see what the final episode of this season will offer us!
May 18, 2016 3:27 PM

Aug 2014
This episode, despite being enjoyable, its big time "Bullshit"
How did Desler come back? How they always fail to hit Yamato, Can you guys imagine it? A whole fucking empire lose to a space ship, for real! lol lol
The Yamato Plot-Armor is annoying, its so predictable.

Anyway, still an OK episode.
Dr-EyesMay 19, 2016 3:56 AM
Sep 7, 2016 5:13 AM

Feb 2016
This is one of the shows that truly had potential. Entertaining yes. Animation and art, exceptional. Unfortunately, for some people like me, that has never been high on the agenda, it's icing on the cake. Kudos if it's done well as a standalone, but nothing but dainty useless decorations on a dish if I had to make a comparison.

Anime for me is perfection, when animation and artstyle truly intertwines with the plot by expressing an engaging story, an immersive world, original concepts and bouquet of memorable characters that films could never hope to approach.

At this rate, it's a 6, started strong with an 8. Too many happy coincidences, too much disbelief, character development lacking, plot uneven. Enemy, to boil it down no different to those cheesy children cartoon villains you see every saturday morning when you turn on the telly.
Cloud_IllusionsSep 7, 2016 5:42 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Sep 7, 2016 5:31 AM

Feb 2016
Klassical said:
How they always fail to hit Yamato, Can you guys imagine it? A whole fucking empire lose to a space ship, for real! lol lol

They hyped it up too much! Yamato should of been sneaking it's way up to the Lord's room like a ninja. They should of steadily built up the tension, leading up to a large scale engagement at Balun, with the Yamato barely surviving because of Okita's lion tactics and lucky advantageous terrain.
Sep 8, 2016 5:22 PM

Aug 2014
Rosny said:
Klassical said:
How they always fail to hit Yamato, Can you guys imagine it? A whole fucking empire lose to a space ship, for real! lol lol

They hyped it up too much! Yamato should of been sneaking it's way up to the Lord's room like a ninja. They should of steadily built up the tension, leading up to a large scale engagement at Balun, with the Yamato barely surviving because of Okita's lion tactics and lucky advantageous terrain.

The entire plot barley make any sense, and what's worse is that the characters aren't helping it, they are forgettable.
No matter how we try to put it its literally impossible for a single ship to take down a far more advanced galactic empire.
But that annoying (larger than Goku) plot-armor allows it!

Sep 9, 2016 4:35 AM

Feb 2016
Klassical said:
Rosny said:

The entire plot barley make any sense, and what's worse is that the characters aren't helping it, they are forgettable.
No matter how we try to put it its literally impossible for a single ship to take down a far more advanced galactic empire.
But that annoying (larger than Goku) plot-armor allows it!

Haha that double entendre. This series was actually something that I was always looking forward to watching but never fully committed because it looked like it was going to put nationalism before plot. I just had an instinctual feeling that I was going to have major issues with it. Guess I ended up being right. So disappointing, even more disappointing was all the people who convinced me that this was an 'amazing' show.
Sep 12, 2016 6:41 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Desler is hard to kill it seems, but I have come to enjoy him as a villain alot.

Yuki died WTF?! I still dont believe that, I will have to wait till the last episode to believe in that!
Oct 22, 2016 2:11 AM

Jun 2009
Oh wow, that's right. They left Yabu behind. They must have thought he died. That's pretty sad.
Oct 26, 2016 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
So the space elf dies without rhyme or reason? A pity.
Dessler was rather shallow and obnoxious. I'm not sure how he thought unnecessary violence would impress a peaceable woman - apparently he didn't think that far ahead. As for Yuki, she's certainly alive - this series is too predictable.
Nov 15, 2016 7:43 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That was pretty fucking stupid.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 25, 2018 7:10 PM

Sep 2013
can someone explain to me why Desler stopped the guards from shooting Kodai and Yuki? is there something I'm not understanding?

May 14, 2018 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
Great! Episode that gives answers to the many questions left outstanding during the anime series, I'm sorry that Cerestera dies and also other characters of Yamato's crew. Interesting as the Yamato make up for the deficiencies, using cannons and a virus to stop the alien androids. Exciting the narration because of the many twists, Dessler also at the end shows his charisma but also his uncontrollable desire not to stop at nothing, wow! They should have given him more space in history.
Mar 2, 2019 4:25 PM
Aug 2018
zachfoss said:
can someone explain to me why Desler stopped the guards from shooting Kodai and Yuki? is there something I'm not understanding?

I assume it's sympathy. He shot Miezela out of reflex and the moment he realises who he shot, we see him trembling.
She loved him and he shot her. She loved him the way he loves Starsha.
Then he sees Yuki and Kodai and, due to their actions, can assume that they love each other.
Miezela tells him to "stop this". The silly thing is, she is about to shoot herself, why would the guards shoot her in that moment? Makes no sense to me.
He sees Yuki going down, presumably dead, and maybe feels sympathy for Kodai? Just a guess.

The only fishy thing was how Yuki was able to close that huge gap between her and Miezela so fast.

And we see two puddles of blood, looks like both originate from the heads. Scene switch after a few seconds. So it looks like two individual puddles, not a single one that originated from Miezela. (Watch direction of bloodflow.)

But when Kodai picks up Yuki, there is no visible wound and no blood. How?
And honestly, if she doesn't have plotarmor, there is no way she could have survived that hail of laserbullets...
Jul 19, 2019 4:37 AM

Sep 2014
Ofcourse Dessler isnt dead.. Well he is now. Fitting end I would say.

Fat traitor works on the space sub now.

Yamato forgot they have AA guns which could easily shoot them down.

A bit of a shame the rebellion wasnt more in the focus.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 5, 2020 2:54 PM

Aug 2017
Ah yes Desler surviving again without explanation. The only possibility I see here is a warp during the explosion in ep. 23. Talan was ordering a "Jump" just as the space station was blowing up, so assuming that Desler's ship can warp almost instantly (as far as I can tell from previous instances of Gamilas' ships warping, it can), we have an explanation for his survival.

But now Desler is finally dead, I see no way for him to survive this. Kinda anticlimactic. Who will Yamato fight in next seasons? I hope Yuki is alive tho. I'd be disappointed to see her dead because I don't like these ambiguous deaths, where it's unclear whether a character is dead or not, since I don't even know when to start crying. The puddles of blood are ambiguous too - they seem to imply that Yuki is dead too...or not? There's no blood on Kodai's hands when he's holding her. Idk. Going frame-by-frame through the shooting scene doesn't really show any impact too. But then surviving this bullet storm would be too stupid and convenient. Ahhhhh damn, both outcomes are stupid!

UPD:

St0rmbladeJan 6, 2020 6:18 AM
May 19, 2020 11:42 PM

Oct 2013
Seriously, I'm so confused. Dessler has supposedly died like 2 times and he continues to come back. I'm so confused with who he is and they seriously need to show how he freaking survives.
Jun 12, 2023 11:51 AM
Jan 2021
a good twist concerning Dessler's survival, and the episode creates a lot of tension for the final episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HybridMBL - Sep 29, 2013

176 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 18, 8:53 AM

» OP Singers of TV Airing ver.

tsubasalover - Mar 16, 2013

9 by Serhiyko »»
Mar 29, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HybridMBL - Sep 15, 2013

54 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 20, 8:58 AM

» Having real problems sticking to this show.

shurryy - Dec 25, 2014

9 by Millodin »»
Feb 12, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

27CansOfTuna - Mar 10, 2013

59 by Merolae »»
Nov 21, 2023 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.