Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2013 8:17 PM

Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
By the way, does this count as the first instance of fanservice in SnK?

Since I'm a fan. And I feel serviced.

I certainly agree. Very serviced.

For some reason I didn't feel it was 22 minutes with all the talking. Oh well, looking forward to what they're going to do with the next two episodes.
Sep 14, 2013 8:20 PM

Nov 2011
MikasaxEren said:
Gr33ncar said:
i find it really laughable how eren just couldnt keep his cool

Mikasa gets angrier than Eren, yet people still hate on Eren when he gets a little angry.
Eren can't win I swear. If he doesn't get angry and fight he's a pussy, if he does get angry people just say "hurr durr angry eren!!!!1111".
not hating on you specifically, just making a point that Eren does get a lot of undeserving hate.

its true mikasa got angrier then eren...but it was eren that lost his cool first...and
it should be obvious to easily hate someone thats all talk and gets his assed kicked
Hate Keeps me warm
Sep 14, 2013 8:20 PM

Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
Annie's face:
http://i.imgur.com/U05LufD.png

Oh gosh what a face
Sep 14, 2013 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
sim0n2170 said:
Stark700 said:
Annie's face:
http://i.imgur.com/U05LufD.png

Oh gosh what a face

what the o_O
Sep 14, 2013 8:25 PM
Sep 2013
Voids said:
Amarrez said:

For some reason I didn't feel it was 22 minutes with all the talking. Oh well, looking forward to what they're going to do with the next two episodes.

this and FT's ass is the closest you can get to a fanservice in SnK. So hold onto those memories well....
Sep 14, 2013 8:25 PM

Apr 2009
Madin312 said:
Voids said:
Amarrez said:

this and FT's ass is the closest you can get to a fanservice in SnK. So hold onto those memories well....

Nah, we get the back of Christa's knee in season 2.
Sep 14, 2013 8:28 PM

Aug 2013
Gr33ncar said:
MikasaxEren said:
Gr33ncar said:

Mikasa gets angrier than Eren, yet people still hate on Eren when he gets a little angry.
Eren can't win I swear. If he doesn't get angry and fight he's a pussy, if he does get angry people just say "hurr durr angry eren!!!!1111".
not hating on you specifically, just making a point that Eren does get a lot of undeserving hate.

its true mikasa got angrier then eren...but it was eren that lost his cool first...and
it should be obvious to easily hate someone thats all talk and gets his assed kicked

Eren all talk?
Says he won't die at Trost - check
Dreams of joining the Scouting Legion and becoming the hope of humanity - check
Says he will move the boulder at Trost - check
constantly inspires those around him with his sheer willpower and spirit - check

I don't know where all this "Eren is all talk" stuff comes from? He has killed more titans then any of the other trainees. He has only gotten his ass kicked twice, once when multiple titans attacked his squad at Trost, and even then he was the only person who managed to do something (save Armin's life). The other time against Annie in her titan form, he was holding his own until he realized how familiar the female titans fighting style was, and then he lost.

On Eren getting his ass kicked, he has actually saved Mikasa more times than she has saved him, yet people always go on about how Eren is always being saved.
Sep 14, 2013 8:28 PM
Jul 2013
Gr33ncar said:
MikasaxEren said:
Gr33ncar said:

I think that's because deep down he just didn't want to have to fight Annie. If Annie obediently came with them, he would be spared from fighting her.
Sep 14, 2013 8:30 PM
Sep 2013
yuquall said:
Gr33ncar said:
MikasaxEren said:
Gr33ncar said:

I think that's because deep down he just didn't want to have to fight Annie. If Annie obediently came with them, he would be spared from fighting her.

Sep 14, 2013 8:36 PM

May 2011
The end was just awesome. Annie was just like "screw it" w/ her laugh and the way she completely changed her facial expression.

But in the beginning when it showed her father talk, does it mean it's not uncommon for titans to take human form? Or was she a human who went through some kind of transformation?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2013 8:45 PM

Mar 2011
I s2g, just when I thought I couldn't love Mikasa more, she pulls that badassery out of nowhere.

10/10 would marry/bang/love/go lesbo for/hug
Sep 14, 2013 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
Damn. The unexpected revealing of annie....

I wonder what's going to happen in the next two ep. Will they have a second season?
Mikasa is such a badass ^^ <3 her
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Sep 14, 2013 8:47 PM

Aug 2012
Oh man Annie is going all in!! I think Annie won the bet with that laugh as well.
Sep 14, 2013 8:56 PM

Nov 2009
MikasaxEren said:
Candeloro said:
So... how did they find out Annie was the Titan? When did they discover it and discuss it? Can anyone explain to me?

It will be explained next episode, but if you really want to know......

Sep 14, 2013 8:59 PM

Aug 2013
Question, did the people who tried to catch Annie are normal civilians or actually scouting legion members on disguise?. I think it weird if you have to dress like a normal civilian but also hiding for an ambush.

and yeah, that's laugh just not normal for her
Sep 14, 2013 9:07 PM
Jan 2008
MagicFlier said:
MikasaxEren said:
Candeloro said:
So... how did they find out Annie was the Titan? When did they discover it and discuss it? Can anyone explain to me?

It will be explained next episode, but if you really want to know......

what did he show him? i rewatch that part only. or was is in the manga?

edit : ok i guess it will review the next episode or so. i saw eren was shock before his head was chopped off
Sep 14, 2013 9:11 PM

Apr 2013
DAMMMMMM that cliff hanger!, the levi endcard is badass
Sep 14, 2013 9:15 PM

Apr 2010
I kind of hope that the Blu-ray release of this episode tones down Annie's laughing face, since it looked off to me.

Has anyone who has read the manga noticed how they made Marlo fall short of his ideal in this episode, while at the same time having Hitch step in to save him? It's like the anime tries to further the point of gray morality. Though I wish the conversation about the system itself being corrupt would've taken place.
Sep 14, 2013 9:16 PM

Aug 2012
Just to be sure here, Marco was killed by Annie right?
Sep 14, 2013 9:17 PM

Aug 2011
Annie <3 i never imagined she could be that cute

2 more episodes guys
Sep 14, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 2013
Whoa, so was Eren being sent to be "dissected" all part of a plan because they knew that Annie was the female titan, or was he really being sent to be killed?

So excited for next week!
Sep 14, 2013 9:22 PM

Jun 2010
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3434/bchz.png
did she get turned on?
next ep we find that she'll be naked again~ xD
Sep 14, 2013 9:22 PM
Jul 2018
So I haven't even seen the episode yet, and I see shit like this on the internet http://media.tumblr.com/94206e656f741ae6229e578d95696064/tumblr_inline_mt5esujarK1raeb7l.png

Well, wat ever, at least I'm going to see Hitch soon, or whatever her name is.
removed-userSep 14, 2013 9:28 PM
Sep 14, 2013 9:31 PM

Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
Badass Levi card:
http://i.imgur.com/2RjdkPl.png

Levi looking badass as always
Sep 14, 2013 9:34 PM

Jun 2008
Oh WOW!

It was Annie?

I honestly didn't see it coming....I'm literally surprised!
Sep 14, 2013 9:35 PM

Dec 2012
That was an excellent trap they set up to get Annie. Mikasa really wanted to kill her at the end. Female Titan Vs Eren round 2. 2 more episodes to go now.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 2011
LeonTrix said:
Question, did the people who tried to catch Annie are normal civilians or actually scouting legion members on disguise?. I think it weird if you have to dress like a normal civilian but also hiding for an ambush.

Assuming that MP controls wall Shina, they had to be in disguised because it would be too odd if there were too many scouting legion wandering inside wall Shina. If they were in they regular uniform, it would then be too obvious that they are plotting something especially under the current situation they are in. This is just an idea i came up with though.

May 2013
Annie's personality sure changed quickly. I wonder how the MP is going to fare against female titan, being behind the wall may have made them rusty.
Sep 14, 2013 9:37 PM

Feb 2010
That was awesome. The art direction on that ending scene was fantastic.

DAT CLIFFHANGER.
Sep 14, 2013 9:38 PM

Nov 2011
Annie confirmed for total rabu rabu love waifu tier! Annie <3
The Art of Eight
Sep 14, 2013 9:42 PM

Aug 2013
piperz said:
LeonTrix said:

Assuming that MP controls wall Shina, they had to be in disguised because it would be too odd if there were too many scouting legion wandering inside wall Shina. If they were in they regular uniform, it would then be too obvious that they are plotting something especially under the current situation they are in. This is just an idea i came up with though.

oh, that's makes sense.

it looks like whoever tries to catch her gets 'Anniehilated'
Sep 14, 2013 9:44 PM

Aug 2012
I find Annie's face here creepier.
http://imgur.com/FaB3wl5

And I found Eren's line here really amusing.
http://imgur.com/2OmdxtC
It's such a great double reference.
http://imgur.com/XpCPSmp
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2855/bsw.gif
Yes, she is, Eren. She really is great at spinning men in mid-air.
Sep 14, 2013 9:52 PM
Feb 2012
Preciize said:
The end was just awesome. Annie was just like "screw it" w/ her laugh and the way she completely changed her facial expression.

But in the beginning when it showed her father talk, does it mean it's not uncommon for titans to take human form? Or was she a human who went through some kind of transformation?

We actually don't know all this yet even in the Manga. There are a lot of questions about the Titans now especially with what happens after the female Titan arc.
LeviathonlxSep 14, 2013 11:39 PM
Sep 14, 2013 9:55 PM

May 2012
04:54 Sakata Gintoki!!!

16:16 devilface, horseface... LOOOL

19:12 wow, Armin rocks

21:23 <3

Mada suki da yo、Anniichan。
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 14, 2013 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
Giving it a 5/5 just because the last few minutes were executed brilliantly and even gave me goosebumps. First half was decent, a bit slow but also showed some development and kind of explained why Annie went against humans. I'm guessing she's trying to stop corruption or something like that. Anyway, I feel like something was missing from this episode. Maybe why they knew it was her, or how they got in contact with Annie's colleagues behind her back.

Also, LMAO @ Jean scene. I died. So much.
Sep 14, 2013 10:00 PM

Jul 2011
OMG OMG OH MY GOD!!!!

HITCH!!!

BEST CHARACTER EVER!!! Completely relatable and cute, and she's a super slut, a completely cute slut <3 <3 <3

But i'm so sad that they didn't animate the most important scene from the manga :(
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg612/mbeqiyutz/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_ch31_16-eng_zpsee4581c2.jpg

And, i'm not a manga reader, i just read the chapter of manga after the chapter aired in the anime, but where is this glorious scene of Armin?!!!!!! Will they show it later or what??? :'(
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg612/mbeqiyutz/184_zpse8c458ec.jpg

So sad, My lovely Armin looks so cute and lovely there.

Hitch & Armin & Jean FOREVER <3
Sep 14, 2013 10:00 PM

Aug 2013
sim0n2170 said:
Just to be sure here, Marco was killed by Annie right?

Implied but not confirmed
Sep 14, 2013 10:02 PM

Jan 2013
Beaver897 said:

Haha I forgot about that last pic, I didn't think of that. Good catch.

2 more episodes!!! I expect them to be epic. And hopefully I'll have enough willpower to wait for the next season to come out instead of turning to the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2013 10:04 PM
Jan 2008
Beaver897 said:

this is good laugh!
Sep 14, 2013 10:04 PM

Nov 2011
MikasaxEren said:
Gr33ncar said:
MikasaxEren said:
Gr33ncar said:

Eren all talk?
constantly inspires those around him with his sheer willpower and spirit - check

I don't know where all this "Eren is all talk" stuff comes from? He has killed more titans then any of the other trainees. He has only gotten his ass kicked twice, once when multiple titans attacked his squad at Trost, and even then he was the only person who managed to do something (save Armin's life). The other time against Annie in her titan form, he was holding his own until he realized how familiar the female titans fighting style was, and then he lost.

On Eren getting his ass kicked, he has actually saved Mikasa more times than she has saved him, yet people always go on about how Eren is always being saved.

the guy cant even practically do anything by himself, he's always being assisted by many of his friends...without that titan form of his he would have been nothing...he's just like one of those typical shonen characters that bust super powers out of his ass...excluding one exception that he cant get shit done by himself
Hate Keeps me warm
Sep 14, 2013 10:07 PM

Aug 2012
Raiden_ said:
OMG NO RECAP!!!

Say whattt, it's a miracle x[)
Sep 14, 2013 10:10 PM

Nov 2012
For those who watched this episode and still not realize who is the female Titan, be prepared for a one-of-a-kind bashing - the kind that will rock your brain so hard the missing pieces of the female titan's puzzle will somehow connect themselves in your head, gains a consciousness of its own, and laughs its ass off at your obliviousness.

The buildup of the tension went accordingly and was well executed. I especially liked how they main-charactered Annie for the episode giving us an idea of her as a person and a small insight into her thoughts and experiences.

Annie's laugh came off as quite cute for someone with a hidden motive.

However the last part really got me, THAT BGM! Holy crap, this anime never ceases to amaze me with its soundtrack and its delivery along with the scenes, and boy that BGM really captured the essence of the suspense of the cliffhanger that is Annie's transformation! (Damn it, release the 2nd OST album already!)

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Sep 14, 2013 10:25 PM

Dec 2012
Gr33ncar said:
the guy cant even practically do anything by himself, he's always being assisted by many of his friends...without that titan form of his he would have been nothing...he's just like one of those typical shonen characters that bust super powers out of his ass...excluding one exception that he cant get shit done by himself

So being able to rally allies around him and controlling his titan form (for the most part) counts for nothing? Also you can't say that without that titan form he would've been nothing when we all know that he graduated in the top tier of his class.

Beaver897 said:

Nice, I didn't recognize the second reference!
Sep 14, 2013 10:29 PM

Aug 2013
Gr33ncar said:
MikasaxEren said:
Gr33ncar said:
MikasaxEren said:
Gr33ncar said:

Eren all talk?

Yeah man, all the CEOs of the company, generals of the armies, leaders of the world, they're all talk because they can't do anything without the help of those below them.
Sep 14, 2013 10:29 PM

May 2011
Leviathonlx said:
We actually don't know all this yet even in the Manga. There are a lot of questions about the Titans now especially with what happens after the female Titan arc.

Oh ok. This series does a wonderful job of raising so many intriguing questions xD
Sep 14, 2013 10:30 PM

Jun 2009
Dat OST October 16 shall be mine!!!

God I love this show I am glad the way the presented it because I have a feeling she is just as busted up mentally as another character later. Judging within their context and standards of living I would say spot on even though I would have leaned toward the smirk subtle expos se. This gave more of the jolt shock.
Sep 14, 2013 10:30 PM

Aug 2013
For some reason, I'm left wanting to screw Annie. She looked far too beautiful in this episode.

I found Hitch irritating but then realized she's the kind of character who jokes around but can be serious when needed. A SoL comparison would be Sunohara from Clannad, I guess.

All in all great episode. Not the best, but great. It's fairly obvious who the other two titans are, or at least that they are in contact with Annie.

I honestly didn't expect it to be Annie, and was even a little disappointed.

Roll on next week.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 14, 2013 10:31 PM

Aug 2012
Amarrez said:
http://i.imgur.com/I3jtpdW.jpg

Well, can she be forgiven?

Nope, but she still badass
Sep 14, 2013 10:33 PM

Nov 2011
Gr33ncar said:

In a pre-modern army, Eren would be considered an exceptional individual. The kind of man that forms one of several nucleus in which armed men gather to and follow in the battlefield. The one that initiates offensive action against the enemy formation and has enough gravitas to make men follow him willingly.
The Art of Eight
Sep 14, 2013 10:34 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode. It was pretty obvious that Annie was FT but I still like how it was revealed. Execution was done really well. Can't believe there is only 2 more episodes. I don't see how they're going to take the FT down though. They lost a lot of people. The whole Levi squad is dead and Levi can't even fight because he's injured.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.