Which month?
October 2014
60.6%
January 2015
39.4%
1,064 votes
Sep 14, 2013 5:01 AM
Aug 2013
I would like to hear your opinion on when it is most likely dxd season 3 to come out? October 2014 or January 2015

Please tell me don't be shy I am very open minded?
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2013 4:53 PM

Aug 2013
That is basically impossible to predict. It all depends on whether or not development on it has already begun or not. Best assumption is a year if it hasn't been worked on already, or anything less if it has.
Sep 14, 2013 5:47 PM

May 2013
Season 1 - January - March 2012
Season 2 - July - September 2013.

I get the feeling the next one will be January 2015. If indeed there is a next one.
Sep 15, 2013 7:36 PM
Oct 2012
I'm not 100% sure but there should be enough plot for another season. considering how popular and profitable the series is i would not be surprised if they not only had a 3rd season but a 4th season. of coarse what will most likely happen is an ova after the second season ending with "to be continued". so i would guess some time in late 2014 or early 2015. we just have to wait for an ova to come out stating the current standings of a 3rd season. i cant get enough of this anime for many reasons. to list the top ones in no order.
1) they made a decent perverted character.
2)the protagonist can lose
3) has plot and comedy and romance without interfering with each other horribly.
4)i always love anime with biblical l/historical references.
5)no dull moments.
Sep 16, 2013 2:43 AM

Jan 2013
Oct 2013 or maybe Jan 2015 but I said Jan 2015.

There's one eps left so they could end it there but I hope there is a 3rd season since this anime is pretty good.
There is still the power that issei needs to learn is to fully control his sacred gear but then he might be able to do that in ep13.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Sep 16, 2013 3:05 AM
Aug 2013
Thank you to all 11 people who have vote in my poll. I am still new at forums so please show me the jest of it. Please continue to vote as season 2 is about to end and no announcement for season 3 had been made it. But many fans in Facebook and Twitter say that there is a high chance of season 3. Don't be shy have your say. I and other fans love to hear more of your opinions. Use this poll to discuss the chance of season 3 and reasons why? Let push for a season 3 in 2014 yeahh####
Sep 16, 2013 7:28 AM

May 2013
tobe2015 said:
Thank you to all 11 people who have vote in my poll. I am still new at forums so please show me the jest of it. Please continue to vote as season 2 is about to end and no announcement for season 3 had been made it. But many fans in Facebook and Twitter say that there is a high chance of season 3. Don't be shy have your say. I and other fans love to hear more of your opinions. Use this poll to discuss the chance of season 3 and reasons why? Let push for a season 3 in 2014 yeahh####

The second series wasnt announced until the end of the first OVA.

I'd look more towards the release of the 16th Light Novel volume in mid-October.
It may be that an OVA will be released with it, with an anime exclusive storyline.
If so, keep an eye on it because if they're going to announce a season 3, that's my be on when it'll be.
Sep 16, 2013 8:09 AM

Apr 2011
I'm hoping a 3rd season on Spring or Summer 2014.
Sep 18, 2013 11:25 PM

May 2012
I think that season 3 will come faster than did season 2. So probably Fall 14.

Not a matter of if -but when.
Sep 20, 2013 5:36 PM
Oct 2012
chances are they noticed the popularity and already know to make a 3rd season. its even possible they are already making it now. when ever an anime surpasses a 3rd season they it becomes well know and sales can come through all 3 seasons at the same time so the more seasons they make the more profit they make. in conclusion with more money they can produce faster and better. it may be out in spring!
Sep 20, 2013 6:36 PM
Jul 2013
I don't really care when it's out.. I just need a season 3 :D
Sep 21, 2013 10:21 PM

Aug 2013
Well there should be season 3 to be honest cant get this enough anime ,the plots good the action is good lets wait and see if it comes out or not
AqUar!An
Sep 22, 2013 9:07 AM

Aug 2013
SuperImpact said:
I think that season 3 will come faster than did season 2. So probably Fall 14.

Not a matter of if -but when.

That's my prediction as well. But we should get more info on it hopefully with LN Volume 16's release in October.
Sep 22, 2013 9:12 AM

Feb 2012
I would say winter 14-15 most likely.

And I feel that if they make a season 3 it might contain 20+ episodes assuming they follow the LN's there is enough material to do so. I hope that it is a 20+ episode season 3 regardless.

Can't get enough of this!
Sep 22, 2013 11:36 AM

Feb 2011
jaxjaxk said:
I'm not 100% sure but there should be enough plot for another season. considering how popular and profitable the series is i would not be surprised if they not only had a 3rd season but a 4th season. of coarse what will most likely happen is an ova after the second season ending with "to be continued". so i would guess some time in late 2014 or early 2015. we just have to wait for an ova to come out stating the current standings of a 3rd season. i cant get enough of this anime for many reasons. to list the top ones in no order.
3) has plot and comedy and romance without interfering with each other horribly.
5)no dull moments.

Yea we're at volumes 4 out of 12 in the anime, so tons left to adapt.
Sep 22, 2013 11:39 AM

Sep 2012
Omegadark said:
jaxjaxk said:
5)no dull moments.

Having read all the light novels, I can tell you that the arcs only get better and Issei continually gets more badass. Season 3 will be so damn good if it happens.
Sep 22, 2013 2:26 PM
Apr 2013
Following the storys progression so far, if they continued then season 3 would be the most exciting yet as some really kickass stuff is about to kick off in volumes 5 and so on.

My prediction is that yes there will be a season 3, the sales of this will be really good like season 1.
It will probably be a 24 episode season and most likely pop up early 2015.

Thats just my guess, but with the story in volume 5 I don't see them doing it well with just 12 episodes.
Oh well, time to wait again :D
Sep 22, 2013 4:52 PM

Sep 2012
it has more than enough material to be animated, quite popular and profitable, and the story keep on continue.

asked between 2014 and 2015? of course i would vote for 2014, the faster the better.

and i hope if they did make season 3, i hope it will be 2 cour or 24 episode .
Sep 22, 2013 11:29 PM
Sep 2012
Season 1 was alright. Season 2 was a lot better. I can only imagine Season 3 would be amazing.

Definitely starting to grow attached to the characters.
Dreams, tears, and blood.
Sep 23, 2013 12:06 AM
Apr 2013
I wonder if they will simply just make a extra long season 3. I think it's a gamble...just think if the popularity slows and they make a short season there's less profit but if it continues then perhaps a short season 3 & 4 would be best...or it could simply do what some shows like The Monogatari series did where they made a 12+- meaning 12 or more episodes to assess if they should continue or not... sorry for the economic version of looking at it. XD In any case I hope for the entire novel to be animated. :) I hope for January 2014.
Sep 23, 2013 12:07 AM
Apr 2013
kaiirii said:
Following the storys progression so far, if they continued then season 3 would be the most exciting yet as some really kickass stuff is about to kick off in volumes 5 and so on.

My prediction is that yes there will be a season 3, the sales of this will be really good like season 1.

Thats just my guess, but with the story in volume 5 I don't see them doing it well with just 12 episodes.

I hope your right ^^
Sep 23, 2013 3:15 AM

Mar 2013
Betting it will be on around June or July.Much much better if it's earlier though. How I wish.

I just can't get enough of this series. I'm very tempted to read the light novels but I don't like knowing the plot before the 3rd season comes out (hopefully). MORE BUCHOU OPPAI ONEGAII!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2013 4:19 AM

Feb 2012
This definitely needs a lot of seasons if they keep on cutting through each of the 2 volumes onto the source material.

I hope this series sells out well in Japan specifically so that a season 3 would be feasible enough to happen.

We need more oppai DxD, this isn't enough. This was just merely a cocktease before the main course.
Sep 23, 2013 4:47 AM

Aug 2013
I'm expecting more of it's last episode, i thought issei would be taking rias' virginity 'cause he's boasting about it in the last minutes. I'll be waiting for Season 3's OPPAI! ^_^
rradenSep 23, 2013 5:28 AM
Sep 23, 2013 10:26 PM
Aug 2013
Thanks for keeping up in with my post. Does anyone know I can check dxd sales? I want to know if season 2 is keeping up with season 1. I still think season 3 will make more profit then any other season 2 What do you guys think?
Sep 23, 2013 10:30 PM

Jun 2013
Suddenly Monogatari Season 2 just lost it's only harem competition.

VRRYYYYYYYYY~
Sep 23, 2013 11:57 PM

Jul 2013
WindsGrace said:
I wonder if they will simply just make a extra long season 3. I think it's a gamble...just think if the popularity slows and they make a short season there's less profit but if it continues then perhaps a short season 3 & 4 would be best...or it could simply do what some shows like The Monogatari series did where they made a 12+- meaning 12 or more episodes to assess if they should continue or not... sorry for the economic version of looking at it. XD In any case I hope for the entire novel to be animated. :) I hope for January 2014.

Hope so.. :-)
"Google is your friend.."
Sep 24, 2013 7:17 AM

Aug 2013
Reverb_Shock said:
Omegadark said:
jaxjaxk said:
5)no dull moments.

Having read all the light novels, I can tell you that the arcs only get better and Issei continually gets more badass. Season 3 will be so damn good if it happens.

Gettin my hopes up, so it better happen :(
My Candies:
Sep 24, 2013 8:27 AM

Sep 2008
I think there will be some ova before new season. This season covered vol 3 and 4. Vol 5 is long, and before it really starts, there are 4 stories from vol 8, that can be located between vol 4 and vol 5. They might be added to the season 3 but most likely they will be made into ova, that will come before season 3.
Sep 24, 2013 8:37 AM

Sep 2013
The 3rd Season Should Finsh Stroy Arc #2 and Start the Thrid Story Arc since its really big
Sep 24, 2013 12:41 PM

Sep 2012
I hope to see a season three in 2014 !!!!
Sep 24, 2013 8:47 PM
Oct 2012
don't mind me just going through anime withdrawal. just crying in a corner waiting for the next season!
Sep 24, 2013 11:25 PM
Sep 2009
chances are that pretty soon we will see a season 3. i doubt we'll have to wait as long as october for that, to be honest i'd say maybe around may or june. the thing is after coming out with the first season they always wait a while before creating the second season because they want to see the reviews to determine whether or not it is profitable to make a second season. after the fist season being a hit along with the second season chances are we wont have to wait that long before we see a third season. i'd place my bet at news of the third season sometime in february or march and then it coming out around may or june, maybe july the latest.
Sep 25, 2013 3:37 AM

Dec 2012
kaiirii said:

Honestly, I don't think season 3 would have 24 episodes, as the second story arc is volumes 3-6, they did 3 and 4 in season 2, so it'll more than likely just be another 12 for 5 and 6 to finish the second arc

That's what I think anyway
Sep 25, 2013 9:19 AM

Dec 2011
Cyanide978 said:

Honestly, I don't think season 3 would have 24 episodes, as the second story arc is volumes 3-6, they did 3 and 4 in season 2, so it'll more than likely just be another 12 for 5 and 6 to finish the second arc

That's what I think anyway

Unfortunately I think it's unlikely as well, we can be optimistic about there being an s3 but as for a 2 cour season I have my doubts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2013 3:39 PM

Jul 2013
Issei just got some beast upgrades, they better get that season 3 started asap.
Sep 25, 2013 8:55 PM

Jul 2013
They definitely have plenty of material to work with thats for sure and it seems that it is pretty popular so why not? I just hope its soon, since I don't particularly like reading LN online (and they rarely translate LN into english for sale so that won't happen) so I would really appreciate more seasons that cover the rest of the material.
Sep 26, 2013 7:54 AM

Sep 2013
To Me I think Season 3 is going to finsh up the 2nd story arc and maybe the 4th Season Would Do All Of Story Arc 3 So that would be at least 24-30 ep's. So they know that the anime is kinda caught up with the light novel and once the light novel is fully completed of stroy arc 4 thats when TNK is going to anime it but thats is just me
Sep 26, 2013 8:53 AM
Jul 2012
after watching quite a few harem comedy animes, that last scene along with the dialog, i think this is it, nail in the coffin, your typical few girls chasing/grabbing at the mc, while saying something like and thus the days continued etc etc lines like that arent cliffhangers, they are straight up endings harem show wise

not to say i wouldnt welcome a s3 with akeno actually getting some development and a childhood friend appearing, but wont hold my breath for it...still waiting for sekirei and sora no oto s3's lol (sekirei left on an actual cliffhanger, and sora has actually been on mal for a s3 for like 2+ years now lol)
Sep 26, 2013 10:44 AM
Feb 2012
Hito420 said:
after watching quite a few harem comedy animes, that last scene along with the dialog, i think this is it, nail in the coffin, your typical few girls chasing/grabbing at the mc, while saying something like and thus the days continued etc etc lines like that arent cliffhangers, they are straight up endings harem show wise

not to say i wouldnt welcome a s3 with akeno actually getting some development and a childhood friend appearing, but wont hold my breath for it...still waiting for sekirei and sora no oto s3's lol (sekirei left on an actual cliffhanger, and sora has actually been on mal for a s3 for like 2+ years now lol)

The childhood friend's already there. Her name's Irina. And I wouldn't read too much into Azazel's or the narrator's words at the end. Season three will happen for sure.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 26, 2013 4:40 PM
Sep 2013
there has to be a season 3 if not than thats bad,because so far it's been bloody amazing
Sep 26, 2013 5:27 PM

Jul 2013
Hito420 said:

Probably just had that scene like that just in case they weren't going to animate anymore if it did poorly. All the girls get a lot of "development" relationship wise with Issei in the LN.
Sep 26, 2013 8:25 PM
Aug 2012
considering how well boobs sell, this'll probably get a 3rd season
Sep 26, 2013 8:51 PM
Feb 2013
ALL OF MY YESSES!!! I want to see some Koneko love on the next season!! Judging by how the other seasons are formatted (2 volumes per season), we're gonna start seeing Issei go through the most BADASS level up we'll ever see by the end of the season! Along with some level ups with a "certain girl". X333
Sep 26, 2013 10:50 PM
May 2013
The series itself has surprisingly followed the light novel really well; with the end of the second season matching the end of the 4th volume. (If anyone wants to read the light novel, that would be around where to start).

With how they ended it, I think that they plan to continue the series with several more seasons. How many? That depends, with how they've been working with around 2 volumes/season...if they continue to cover that amount, we would be looking at roughly a minimum of 5-6 more seasons. (Correct me if I'm a little off) I believe there are around 15 volumes for the entire series itself and the light novel is still ongoing.

In regards to the ending, we know that Issei is focusing on having his own harem. As we've seen since the beginning, that harem is slowly piecing itself together (with Akeno now having developed feelings and even confessed a little in this past season). This ending seems to be that cliffhanger that I've seen a few times in regards to harem shows, but some of the important aspects of the series (Issei's full harem, the entire romance aspect just to name a few) are not finished with what they have done.

To summarize this ridiculously long post, I think there will be more seasons, but I feel that it would be closer to Jan. 2015 before we see any more "oppai" from dxd.

While the decisions rests in the hands of the creators, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing several more seasons of this series. If they decide to continue it, they've got quite a bit of work on their hands.
Sep 26, 2013 10:58 PM
Aug 2013
Thanks for having many people responding to the post I guess we have to see how well the Blu-ray and dxd sale volume came out this week HAA? THE BEST WE CAN DO IS BUY THE BLU-RAY OURSELVES NO?
Sep 27, 2013 7:02 AM

Dec 2012
TheRisingPro said:
To Me I think Season 3 is going to finsh up the 2nd story arc and maybe the 4th Season Would Do All Of Story Arc 3 So that would be at least 24-30 ep's. So they know that the anime is kinda caught up with the light novel and once the light novel is fully completed of stroy arc 4 thats when TNK is going to anime it but thats is just me

Story arc 3 is an awkward one though, it's volumes 7, 9, 10, 11 and 12. 8 being short stories so we don't count it :P

If they did all that in a season 4, it would be way more than 30 episodes, which I just can't see them doing, There's not really a point it can evenly stop at either with it being 5 volumes instead of 4, so I honestly don't know
Sep 27, 2013 7:06 AM
Sep 2013
I think that this anime will get longer to be aired, because there is so many ecchi in this anime, instead of that, there may be a chance where this anime can be blocked

But still, i really like this anime, just hope and wait guys!
Sep 27, 2013 11:19 AM

May 2013
I think this will have a season 3, because in the LN's the next volumes are epic. And I think season 3 will be better than season 2 because of the arc :D
Tch.
Sep 27, 2013 11:33 AM

Nov 2012
I hope they made the show 24 ep per season. 12 is not enough :( But I guess October 2014. January 2015, I dont think so.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 8, 2013

115 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.