Forum Settings
Forums

Otome Visual Novel 'Kiniro no Corda 3' to be Animated (Confirmed as TV Series Due Apr 2014)

New
Sep 9, 2013 12:03 PM

Sep 2012
After the end of "Kiniro no Corda 10th Birthday," the 10th anniversary fan event of the visual novel series "Kiniro no Corda", the manager of Uchida Yuuya, who voiced two roles in the series, tweeted that near the end of last day's event on September 8th, an announcement would be made that the most recent game of the series "Kiniro no Corda 3" (released February 2010) will be animated.

Previously, the first game and part of the second game were animated in a 2-cour 26-episode TV series in October 2006 and 2-episode TV special in March 2009. However, unlike the first two games, "Kiniro no Corda 3" shares no common characters with its two predecessors. It is not yet known whether it will be a TV series, and no schedule, staff, or cast information is available yet.

Source: Uchida Yuuya's manager's tweet

Edit: It is now confirmed to be a TV series starting April 2014.

Source: Official anime website

Kiniro no Corda 3 on MAL
NaruleachNov 12, 2013 3:40 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 9, 2013 12:08 PM

Sep 2011
All Otome VNs are bad.
Sep 9, 2013 12:10 PM

Aug 2009
Nice formatting.

Here's the vndb sheet by the way:

http://vndb.org/v10606
-Fixing-
Sep 9, 2013 12:11 PM

May 2013
Ok, I'm curious~
Sep 9, 2013 12:11 PM
Aug 2013
don't know what this is.
Sep 9, 2013 12:12 PM

May 2011
I have mixed feelings about this. I watched the first season but I didn't really find it that good so I'll probably pass on this.
Sep 9, 2013 12:14 PM

Jun 2012
MasterXionic said:
All Otome VNs are bad.

Yep. I don't understand why the nips are animating them at all.
Sep 9, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2012
Shuhan said:
MasterXionic said:
All Otome VNs are bad.
Guess you don't understand business then.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 9, 2013 12:16 PM

Jun 2008
Now that should be something to look forward to~

MasterXionic said:
All Otome VNs are bad.

It's not the fault of the source material and the people involved if the adaption isn't good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 9, 2013 12:29 PM

Nov 2011
I've seen the other series related to the franchise so I guess I'll give this a try.
Sep 9, 2013 12:35 PM

Jun 2012
symbv said:
Shuhan said:
MasterXionic said:
All Otome VNs are bad.

I thought only fat neck beards like these cartoons in Japan. Do they buy games/anime like this or is there actually a female market?
Sep 9, 2013 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
I wish they continue the story from the second season...

Sep 9, 2013 12:50 PM

Aug 2011
Shuhan said:
symbv said:
Shuhan said:
MasterXionic said:
All Otome VNs are bad.

I thought only fat neck beards like these cartoons in Japan. Do they buy games/anime like this or is there actually a female market?

Idk if you're trolling or... the reason otome games are called OTOME (which means maiden, by the way) games are because they are meant to appeal to females. And so yes, it has a female market. And anime has a female market too. I think you should do more research before you comment on things like that.

@MasterXionic
Like Face_Faith said, it's not the fault of the source material if the adaptation is bad.

I'm pretty excited for this, I enjoyed the games a lot. The anime series was okay too but it wasn't very conclusive, so I didn't enjoy it as much. But it still has a special place in my heart since it's because of this series that I developed a lot of interest towards classical music.
Sep 9, 2013 1:08 PM

May 2013
Shuhan said:
symbv said:
Shuhan said:
MasterXionic said:
All Otome VNs are bad.

Is that a serious question, or what?

Anyway, I should probably get to watching the first season then to get prepared for this. I've always wanted to see it anyway.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Sep 9, 2013 1:12 PM

Sep 2012
Shuhan said:
It is your ignorance for not knowing there is a huge female market out there. In fact this franchise is one of the strongest female-oriented visual novels. Just look at my original post: How could multiple day fan events held for the 10th anniversary of the franchise and 3 games (with multiple add-on and merchandise, again in the links I provided) be possible if nobody buys games "like this"???

Sep 9, 2013 1:31 PM

Nov 2010

I have no idea if you're trolling or not, but anyway 65k disc of Uta no Prince Sama 2000% is saying "Hello!".
Sep 9, 2013 1:43 PM

Aug 2013
I'd prefer it if they just translated the VNs.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 9, 2013 2:15 PM

Nov 2008
might watch it
Sep 9, 2013 2:19 PM

Jul 2010
I loved the music in the anime. Definitely didn't match up to Nodame Cantabile in terms of really delving into the significance of the music, but, it was a fun watch nonetheless.

I loved hearing Chopin's Op. 10 No. 3 on the violin. Really beautiful. Inspired me to learn it as well. :)

I'll definitely check out the third season, for the music if nothing else.
Sep 9, 2013 2:24 PM

Nov 2008
There is a large female market but most of the fans are very private about it and those tend to be a great deal of the fanbase that buys BDs and other items online.

Sep 9, 2013 2:24 PM

May 2010
Always in for a reverse harem :D Especially since from what I've heard, Kin Iro has one of the actually pretty good anime adaptations.
Looked up for seiyuu from the game and there are some famous ones, Jun Fukuyama, Katsuyuki Konishi, Daisuke Kishio, Mamoru Miyano... If they keep them in the anime, it might be not that bad :)
Sep 9, 2013 2:30 PM

Nov 2008
I'm definitely watching this.
Sep 9, 2013 2:36 PM

Dec 2007
I was surprised by this! It's been awhile since KOEI games gets animated so I'll be looking forward to this!
Sep 9, 2013 2:40 PM
Aug 2011
The music student in me will always cringe at the thought of fairies just granting someone magical playing abilities.
Sep 9, 2013 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
MasterXionic said:
All Otome VNs are bad.

not necessarily...It just the recent ones have been pretty bad. The first season of this series managed to do pretty well. I think that Uta no Prince-sama also did pretty good if I remember correctly...

I'm excited for this 。◕‿◕。

Sep 9, 2013 3:54 PM

Oct 2011
OMG La Corda Season 3......reads post... What it doesn't relate to the previous series TwT
Sep 9, 2013 3:56 PM

May 2012
I don't really mind VN adaptions. They may be pretty bad but I still think it's interesting!! Will most likely watch.
Sep 9, 2013 5:32 PM

Apr 2011
Oooooo another reverse harem? I'm interested!
Sep 9, 2013 6:18 PM

Jun 2013
La Corda D'oro is the only otome game adaptation that I've ever liked, so this news makes me happy.
Sep 9, 2013 6:52 PM

May 2008
Crap. I've been putting this series off for ages..better get on it then even if the characters aren't the same, cause you never know when cameos will happen.

Sep 9, 2013 7:17 PM

Apr 2010
AnimeFan500 said:
OMG La Corda Season 3......reads post... What it doesn't relate to the previous series TwT

My thoughts exactly ;w;
Sep 9, 2013 8:26 PM

Oct 2010
The series that introduced me to the beauty of the violin and classical music. I'm glad it's back.

Sep 9, 2013 9:06 PM

Sep 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
Seems I made the right decision of including that information. It is better to have your expectation set now than finding out about it later I'd say...

Sep 9, 2013 9:34 PM

Oct 2011
Comparing Kirino no corda and Nodame Cantabile should be forbiden, for in terms of realism, story, character design and MUSIC, none of all those pseudo-musical shows out there match Nodame Cantabile.

Anyway, I'll give this 3rd season a try, although knowing none of the characters from previous seasons will be there kind of discourages me.
Sep 9, 2013 9:41 PM
Mar 2012
KayChan4U said:
Crap. I've been putting this series off for ages..better get on it then even if the characters aren't the same, cause you never know when cameos will happen.

IIRC, there are two characters from the previous series made a brief cameo in the game. Who knows whether the anime going to do the same or not though.

Looks like the game is also getting a Full Voice version which is planned to be released next week (http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/corda3/special/) and three spin-off games in 2014 (http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/corda3/anothersky/" target="_blank">http://http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/corda3/anothersky/)

I hope they make this is a TV series, not an OVA like Secondo Passo and not just an advertisement for the games.
melina_putriSep 9, 2013 9:59 PM
Sep 9, 2013 11:14 PM
Mar 2010
La Corda D'oro is the anime which turned me into a romance anime, otome game fan or rather an anime fan in general. Only after watching La Corda did I start watching other anime. It has a special place in my heart. I think the Corda anime is one of the rare, well done, otoge anime.

Just sometime back I was thinking how nice it would be if KOEI animated Geten no Hana, their new Neo Romance game which is fairly popular in Japan right now, but this is also good!

Here's hoping it's a TV series and not an OVA special.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 10, 2013 1:52 AM
May 2007
That's why I love otome fan events.
La Corda is one of my favorites and Uchida Yuya's voice is heavenly!
My life can get more complete if I get another Neo Romance animated, Harukanaru 4&5 my dream ♥
Sep 10, 2013 1:54 AM

Feb 2013
Might take a look on it.

Sep 10, 2013 6:46 AM
May 2012
I don't know but I might give this a try if it's good.
Sep 11, 2013 1:45 PM

Jul 2010
MY BABIES. YES.

"You don't only belong to yourself, you know? There isn't anything in this world that belongs only to yourself."

Sep 11, 2013 9:46 PM
Dec 2010
MasterXionic said:
All Otome VNs are bad.

You could make a case that all VNs are bad......
Sep 11, 2013 10:05 PM

Sep 2011
scytheavatar said:
MasterXionic said:
All Otome VNs are bad.

But you'd be wrong. Otome games and their adaptions have been of poor quality again and again. Regular VNs are not bound by this curse.
Sep 12, 2013 7:27 PM

Jul 2012
"Kiniro no Corda 3" shares no common characters with its two predecessors

GOOD. I didn't like most of the first season characters.

I don't care if it'll suck. I want my dose of classical music anime.

Hiryu12 said:

Whatever, just read the manga. It's much better.
Sep 12, 2013 7:33 PM

Sep 2008
Diranko said:
I'd prefer it if they just translated the VNs.

This exactly. I'd buy the appropriate console (probably PSP) to play all of them. @_@

Sep 12, 2013 8:48 PM

Aug 2007
I give a damn about all of you otome games adaption haters since its Kin'iro no Corda.

Thats one of the few acceptable ones and I fucking love that series. Yeah, it ain't a masterpiece, but it ain't that bad either.
Sep 12, 2013 8:50 PM

Apr 2013
mayukachan said:
"Kiniro no Corda 3" shares no common characters with its two predecessors

GOOD. I didn't like most of the first season characters.

I don't care if it'll suck. I want my dose of classical music anime.

Hiryu12 said:

Whatever, just read the manga. It's much better.
I already read it... But I wanna hear the music...

Oct 7, 2013 12:09 AM

Dec 2011
I'd prefer a sequel to the original series or a translation of the VNs, but this is okay too.
Oct 18, 2013 11:36 AM
May 2007
Confirmed as TV series. To start April 2014 ♥

(Source)
Oct 18, 2013 1:15 PM
Mar 2012
Shadow-Chan said:

(Source)

Hopefully it will be at least 2 cour, since there are much more characters on Kiniro no Corda 3 compared to the original series.

I wonder which studio is going to animate this series.
melina_putriOct 18, 2013 1:19 PM
Oct 18, 2013 1:30 PM

Aug 2011
MasterXionic said:
scytheavatar said:
MasterXionic said:
All Otome VNs are bad.

But you'd be wrong. Otome games and their adaptions have been of poor quality again and again. Regular VNs are not bound by this curse.

Otoge adaptions may be bad, but their games are not. It depends on the game, which is the case for any VN. And adaptations of VNs are often not that amazing, but there have been so many adaptations of VNs that are not otoge that they've come up with quite a few gems; in the case of otoge, they haven't been adapted into anime format nearly as many times as other VNs have so from what little selection there is, it's not that impressing. But sooner or later there may come a gem of the otoge adaptions, you'll never know.

Shadow-Chan said:

(Source)

Yes~ I'm really excited now.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

8 by kataneer »»
2 seconds ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.