Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2013 9:00 PM
Sep 2013
Loved this episode. I wanted to punch dieter in the face, I hope he burns. Other then that, great episode, Levi just became my second favorite character(Mikasa will always rain supreme imo) I cried when Eren cried, then, when I heard he was being turned over I was shocked. 5/5 from me!
Hi guys. I dont know what to post here but, yeah. My favorite anime's are Soul Eater, Evangelion(Movies), SnK, SAO, and a few others that I don't care to mention. :D
Sep 7, 2013 9:09 PM

Dec 2012
The ending with them returning to the city was heart wrenching. The little boy who resembled how Eren once was, a glimmer of hope in a sea of doubts and ridicule from those who couldn't understand what the Survey Corps went through. I teared up once Petra's father walked up to Levi. I wonder if Petra and Levi were lovers, since the dad brought up marriage. That would make it all the harder for Levi. And despite Erwin's stoic and stone cold expressions, I think he's suffering immensely as well, since all of this is put on his shoulders.

Very powerful episode, the preview looks intriguing.
Sep 7, 2013 9:11 PM

Feb 2010
Was that Petra's corpse they chucked? heh.

I like how the kid in the end said they got their ass whopped.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2013 9:17 PM

Sep 2012
lol was that crest Levi gave him even Dieter's mate's?
This is my favorite episode of the series, and it's filler wow.
egnaro15Sep 7, 2013 9:26 PM
Sep 7, 2013 9:18 PM

Jul 2013
the end was so sad !!!

Sep 7, 2013 9:21 PM

Apr 2009
I'm going to say it: I loved this episode. Ep. 21 aside from the decimation of Levi's squad did very little for me but this... gah, excuse me while I go nosebleed over the after battle shock and horror and tears. The reactions are what this anime is all about for me. Erwin and Levi's contrasting outer stone faced veneer was the perfect backdrop for the younger soldiers' anguish. Phew, okay, I'm done babbling :P

Oh damn, is Eren's life in danger again? Armin to the rescue? Can't wait for next week :)
Sep 7, 2013 9:32 PM
Feb 2012
Hamelin said:
That was a filler? It was pretty damn amazing though.

Are they really going to end this at 25 episodes? I'm gonna be really surprised if they can wrap everything up and make everyone happy.

They'll easily wrap up what's about to happen in the arc. It won't answer many questions or anything like that though and likely will end with a bit of a cliffhanger for when they do a next set of episodes in a year or 2 (I'd say a yearish or so since they could easily fit the beginning of the next arc into 12 episodes).
Sep 7, 2013 9:34 PM

Dec 2012
WOW Levi is so bloody fast the Female Titan didn't even have a chance to crystallize her skin. A very sad episode seeing dead bodies being discarded and at the end with Petra's dad talking to Levi when they arrived back not knowing that she is dead. Only 3 episodes left to go.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 7, 2013 9:41 PM

Jul 2013
Wow...just...wow.Okay, after watching this episode and everything leading up to this point( how they basically set out on this journey to acquire information and possibly even capture that female titan) and how everything was an epic failure,I have to say that's pretty depressing. A lot of people died on the mission (Levi's team were obliterated!) and they all died in vain.It was like somebody took the last few scraps of humanity's hope and bludgeoned it into a bloody pulp of 'nothing-ness'.
This a really sad but good episode.I liked the way how it focused more on the characters emotions and attitudes.Shingeki no Kyojin def has it's psychological moments and I really like that.
Sep 7, 2013 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
It was so sad. T^T
That dude I understand he cares about his friend but he just caused more trouble. Now instead of having a lot of bodies to bury they have none. And Petra rolling... the feels. ;-; And Levis reaction to that. More feels. ;-; I feel bad for the dad when he finds out Petra's dead. He looked so happy. Oh not to forget. Levi action, gosh he's amazing just cutting the Female Titan up like she was nothing. :3 Amazing as usual.
Sep 7, 2013 9:45 PM

Feb 2012
Man this episode really hit me hard...would have never guess there was filler in this episode until I read about it here.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Sep 7, 2013 9:47 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode. Levi slashing the the Female Titan was awesome. I feel bad for both Erwin and Levi, and that dude Dieter was really annoying.
Sep 7, 2013 9:48 PM

Aug 2011
Holy! Levi was too damn fast. Sucks he got injured =.=

Gifs here i come
Sep 7, 2013 10:00 PM

Feb 2012
Perfect episode. Best episode since the 1st.
Sep 7, 2013 10:18 PM

Jan 2013
Wow... such a sad ep :(
Can't beleive they dumped Petra's body :(
I wonder what levi is gonna tell her dad.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Sep 7, 2013 10:18 PM

Aug 2012
MFK said:
Perfect episode. Best episode since the 1st.

I seriously don't know if I want to agree with you or not on this one. I personally agree that this is a perfect episode, but being the best since the 1st one is just a struggle for me to consider.

If I would argue that SnK is brilliant, I would pitch this episode in. Not 5, 7, 13, 17 or 21. I dunno, this episode is just the most humane for every single character in this episode, whether it were the citizens, Dieter, Levi or whatever. You could understand why every single one of them felt that way, and you know why they're going through this phase. Not one emotion was 'wrong' or out of place in this episode.
Sep 7, 2013 10:21 PM

Jul 2008
I wouldn't really say this is a filler episode, per say. It just takes what was presented in the manga and takes it up a notch by delving deeper into the aftermath. Given the style of the manga, that many pages of dialogue, etc. would never really work :-/ I personally think this episode of the anime handled the human aspect of the disaster that was the scouting mission a lot better than the manga did. It shows how it would impact the members of the scouting legion... something that was almost completely left out of the manga. If SnK lost the realism and human aspect of the events going on in the series, it would be dragged into the depths of mreh land. While the action sequences are great, you need more than that for something that is truly special.
Sep 7, 2013 10:26 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, Levi was trying to keep Petra's badge.
Her father mention potential marriage.
Do Levi and Petra have special feeling for each other?

Then, she died in Vain with rest of her friends.
This just make her death so much more tragic.
Sep 7, 2013 10:30 PM

Jul 2013
killbethy said:
I wouldn't really say this is a filler episode, per say. It just takes what was presented in the manga and takes it up a notch by delving deeper into the aftermath. Given the style of the manga, that many pages of dialogue, etc. would never really work :-/ I personally think this episode of the anime handled the human aspect of the disaster that was the scouting mission a lot better than the manga did. It shows how it would impact the members of the scouting legion... something that was almost completely left out of the manga. If SnK lost the realism and human aspect of the events going on in the series, it would be dragged into the depths of mreh land. While the action sequences are great, you need more than that for something that is truly special.

Agreed with this assessment. While I do love me some serious grappling hooking, dual slashing fun and some serious titan MMA, I would only be watching those parts if not for everything else.

Mind you people, this is no filler episode. Just a number of moments that caught the manga readers off guard.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 7, 2013 10:32 PM

Nov 2011
Eren rushes in to fight and needs to be rescued. LOL What a noob! Worst MC ever! Why he is so hot headed!?
Mikasa rushes in to fight against orders and nearly gets herself killed but Levi saves her ass but gets himself injured because of her. Mikasa so cool! Why is she so awesome!!! Yandere/10! Best character ever!!
The Art of Eight
Sep 7, 2013 10:36 PM

Oct 2010
Sep 7, 2013 10:37 PM

Aug 2010
Levi FTW this episode. He owned the shit out of that titan so bad it wasn't even funny. Even though they were unable to kill it, it was still nice to see it take a beating and it couldn't even crystallize because Levi was so damn fast. I'm pretty sure Mikasa will look at Levi differently now.
Sep 7, 2013 10:41 PM

Jul 2013
dankickyou said:
Eren rushes in to fight and needs to be rescued. LOL What a noob! Worst MC ever! Why he is so hot headed!?
Mikasa rushes in to fight against orders and nearly gets herself killed but Levi saves her ass but gets himself injured because of her. Mikasa so cool! Why is she so awesome!!! Yandere/10! Best character ever!!

At least he didn't pull out a last minute powerup from his ass to win the fight. Defeat much more preferably IMO.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 7, 2013 10:53 PM

Aug 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
dankickyou said:

At least he didn't pull out a last minute powerup from his ass to win the fight. Defeat much more preferably IMO.

I think Eren did slow the Female titan down a lot, Levi noted she was much slower than before.
Ragna92 said:
Levi FTW this episode. He owned the shit out of that titan so bad it wasn't even funny. Even though they were unable to kill it, it was still nice to see it take a beating and it couldn't even crystallize because Levi was so damn fast. I'm pretty sure Mikasa will look at Levi differently now.

Well Levi did save her love, so I suppose she doesn't hate him anymore.
The facial expressions at the start of this episode were funny, Mikasa's rage face at Eren being taken, and then Levi's face when he stabbed the Female Titan in the eyes.
Sep 7, 2013 11:05 PM

Aug 2013
What a heartbreaking episode. It was so fucking sad.
Sep 7, 2013 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Levi. Don't call him heartless! He has a heart too! He just doesn't show how hard it is for him. Oh my. Petra and his dad, and the rest of Levi's squad families. So many tears. ;_____; So sad. I can't get over when they threw Petra's body. DAMN.
Sep 7, 2013 11:15 PM

Jan 2013
Me while watching this episode:

Dem feels man.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 7, 2013 11:31 PM

May 2012
last week some people says that levi is too much overrated.. well its overrated for a reason..

Sep 7, 2013 11:32 PM

Jul 2007
Heichouuuu!! man, If it weren't for Levi, Mikasa would be another one of those bodies and Eren would be gone. Good job, Mikasa... getting humanity's strongest soldier injured... he looked so frustrated that he can't fight those titans (but at least he can still walk...).

This entire ep was full of heichou feels, goddammit.. And they just had to show everyone's families waiting for them?? Like Petra's dad wasn't bad enough .__.

This world is beautiful and cruel.
Sep 7, 2013 11:45 PM

Aug 2012
Sep 7, 2013 11:49 PM

May 2013
I dont care if it's a filler ep WELL IT'S STILL AWESOME. This episode is OBVIOUSLY FULL OF FEELS. Attack on feels uh.
What hurts me the most is when seeing these scene:

YEAH I AM DONE WITH THOSE. Petra's dad....Levi's face..... I'm ded.
What an emotional episode. And when seeing scenes where the families of the dead are waiting for them to come back home... ;____;
Found this on tumblr anD WOW MY GLOOMY SUNDAY

.....ye.
Sep 7, 2013 11:50 PM

Jan 2013
Ahh Levi's face......
Sep 7, 2013 11:56 PM

Sep 2008
Not a bad episode, but that last one raised my expectations quite a bit, so it was a bit of let down. Of course, the previous episode would be damn near impossible to follow, so I don't blame them.

However, Levi seems a bit too overpowered to my liking. I understand that he's supposed to be the strongest fighter, but being able to take on the Fem Titan solo without so much a scratch (aside from the leg injury from having to save Mikasa) is ridiculous.
Sep 7, 2013 11:57 PM

Jun 2013
I cried. I cried through most of the episode. But I especially cried when Levi gave away Petra's crest.

This damn show.
Sep 8, 2013 12:33 AM

Sep 2012
Petra
Peeetraaa
Sep 8, 2013 12:35 AM

Aug 2013
OMG it's SHIRLEY

Sep 8, 2013 12:49 AM

Dec 2009
When I hear that there will be fillers in anime that follows manga I usually dread them, but producers did great job with this.
Sep 8, 2013 12:57 AM
Jul 2013
Kat said:
Not a bad episode, but that last one raised my expectations quite a bit, so it was a bit of let down. Of course, the previous episode would be damn near impossible to follow, so I don't blame them.

However, Levi seems a bit too overpowered to my liking. I understand that he's supposed to be the strongest fighter, but being able to take on the Fem Titan solo without so much a scratch (aside from the leg injury from having to save Mikasa) is ridiculous.

Don't forget, the FT was running low on juice, not in it's tip-top shape
Sep 8, 2013 12:58 AM

Mar 2013
Seriously they outdid themselves by adding the filler material for this episode, made it alot more emotional, props to the director. All that's left is the last stretch for this season, expecting crazy sakuga for the next few episodes ^^
Sep 8, 2013 1:18 AM

Sep 2008
SmittenjKitten said:
Kat said:

Ah yes, you're right. That somehow slipped my mind. It doesn't change the fact that I find him a bit too perfect, but it does tone it down somewhat.
Sep 8, 2013 1:19 AM
Apr 2008
Mikasa x Levi 4ever :D
Sep 8, 2013 1:28 AM

Aug 2012
Why was the female titan crying?
Sep 8, 2013 1:31 AM

Jan 2011
this show is killing me...

Sep 8, 2013 1:32 AM

Aug 2012
Kat said:
SmittenjKitten said:
Kat said:

Ah yes, you're right. That somehow slipped my mind. It doesn't change the fact that I find him a bit too perfect, but it does tone it down somewhat.

Also remember that the reason why it looked like Levi 'pwned' the FT was because his main objective wasn't to kill the FT, only to seriously damage her and retrieve Eren. Anymore than that and either Mikasa or Levi will end up dead because the FT will still regenerate.
Sep 8, 2013 1:33 AM

May 2013
WHEN PETRA'S BODY HAD TO BE THROWN OUT ಥ_ಥ

AND HER EMBARRASSED FATHER ALL HAPPY ಥ_ಥ

JUST NO, OKAY ಥ_ಥ

NO ಥ_ಥ
Sep 8, 2013 1:37 AM

Aug 2013
Anim3LOVER said:
Mikasa x Levi 4ever :D

Too bad she was holding Eren's hand at the end then...........
Sep 8, 2013 1:51 AM

Jan 2013
great episode as always, quite sad
Sep 8, 2013 1:51 AM

Oct 2012
Anyone feel bad for Erwin since he's considered public enemy number 1 and how he has to send in so many of his soldier's knowing that a good chunk of them will die.

Btw for manga readers what chapter do you think the anime's going to end?

Sep 8, 2013 1:54 AM

Jun 2010
It was a good and understandable filler. This way the series will end at chapter 34. I think they calculated this from the start. Pretty well done I must say.
Sep 8, 2013 1:57 AM

Apr 2013
Levi is a killing machine :o

Now they know how it feels like to be in the Scouting legion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.