Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]
Dec 6, 2020 7:25 AM
Nov 2020
I can't hold my tears Petra Dies and Levi Squad 💔
Dec 11, 2020 8:52 PM

May 2020
Levi squad :((((((((((((((((((

Whoever is that little bish, she deserves more than death penality

Dec 16, 2020 11:30 PM

Aug 2018
Wow all the most skilled squad members pretty much got obliterated by that thing, this is truly a big loss to the Survey corps that just needs to somehow be avenged.

The episode itself is fantastic and really shows why dark theme of the show works so well around
Dec 26, 2020 3:37 AM

Nov 2016
One of the goated episodes, it was just breathtaking from start to finish.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 26, 2020 10:16 PM

Nov 2020
This episode was outstanding from start to finish. Erwin's words, the Female Titan obliterating the Levi Squad, the Titan Showdown, Mikasa at the end......Jesus Christ.

One of the best episodes of the entire show. Probably the best from season 1. An episode like this shows the strength of Attack on Titan. No one is safe.
Jan 19, 2021 3:58 AM

Oct 2013
PETRA NO ;_;

It's rare for a show to evoke this level of visceral passion out of me nowadays, but I could nearly feel Eren's utter, unfathomable fury. Fuck I wanna see this bitch get pummelled.

... this "Eren got eaten" bait again smh

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 2, 2021 3:11 PM
Aug 2020
FUCK this female freakin titan pisses me of so muchhhhh I HATE HER!!! this episode made me so angry!!!

rip to those who died specially Petra :(
Feb 12, 2021 10:14 AM

Aug 2020
Petra nooo ;((

It's a shame I didn't give a crap about her
Feb 24, 2021 7:45 AM

Mar 2013
The moment Levi's squad ask Eren to leave himself and let them deal with the FT its obvious they are dead meat already
Mar 18, 2021 12:26 PM

Apr 2020
cried out no when petra died, really enjoyed her character, and the titan v titan fight was so badass. mikasa making the titan fall to the ground even for just a second was amazing. i wonder how eren will make it out of the female titan!
Mar 18, 2021 12:27 PM

Apr 2020
Zadion said:
PETRA NO ;_;

It's rare for a show to evoke this level of visceral passion out of me nowadays, but I could nearly feel Eren's utter, unfathomable fury. Fuck I wanna see this bitch get pummelled.

... this "Eren got eaten" bait again smh

exactly!! the passion these characters have is beautiful and scary at the same time.
Apr 26, 2021 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
Man, rewatching this with the knowledge from up till s3p1 has been an absolute fucking treat. The foreshadowing is incredibly well done, and it only solidifies the show's reputation as a properly planned story, even back when the first season aired in 2013.

Episode 21 is arguably the best episode in the entire season. After a downtime and a pretty good ending to the first arc which started with a blast, this arc already feels like a proper payoff for all the build-up.
Jun 30, 2021 1:03 AM

Jun 2020
This Female Titan is one pain in the ass she took down Gunther in her human form

I hope Eren took the right choice to bet on the others to cover for him and head back, God damn it she took the three down and she even had the nerve to kill Petra RIP for the rest of the Levi Squad

I wish Eren chose to take his Titan form a lot sooner but it's too late there's nothing he can do but kill this FT once and for all but he got outsmarted by it this damn Titan sure is smart and is not easy to kill, I hope Mikasa and Levi are going to end this bloodbath.
Jul 10, 2021 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
The situation would have been better if Eren had activated his titan form sooner. Even with the risk of him losing control, the Levi Squad would have had better odds working together rather than just handling the Female Titan by themselves. Plus, I feel that Eren would have been in better control since he would have had a clear objective through defeating the Female Titan. Pretty dumb decision. But I don't even blame Eren for it. The Levi Squad pressured him into not using his power out of their own fear.
Aug 13, 2021 10:15 AM
May 2021
So sad for the Levi's squad bro, poor Petra):
Eren a disaster in that fight, haha, all the rage controled him.
Sep 5, 2021 9:28 PM
Jul 2016
It appears the MAL viewers of AOT are particularly drawn to fight orientated episodes.

I thought the episode was good, not great. So far, that is my opinion of the first season. I can't help but feel that some of the episodes (especially the battle episodes) could have been condensed. The pacing is a bit drawn out for my taste but I have noticed this is common among shounen (DBZ and Naruto, looking at you two.). Also, the stills, while none present in this episode, are just terrible to look at. I hate seeing a talking painting.

With my gripes out of the way, I am enjoying this series so far. I was not on board when I first read and watched the series. I dropped it quite early on but I come back to revisit art of any medium from time to time just to see if my tastes have changed, or sometimes to challenge them. I am glad that I decided to check this one out again and I am genuinely excited to see if this series deserves the praise or not. One half of the third season is the second highest rated series on this site. Is it overrated? I will see for myself.

I'd rate this episode a 6.9/10. Exciting action but bogged down by cliches and, in my taste, pacing issues.
Oct 21, 2021 10:31 AM
Nov 2020
the music it's so fucking good in this show, it doesn't matter how many times i watch these scenes, or listen to the ost, the emotions are so unstopable. R.I.P. Levi Squad.
Oct 30, 2021 4:27 PM
Apr 2021
No because now no one has evidence of what went down. For all they know, Eren could have killed Levi's squad and they'll charge him with treason if he ever returns. Only Mikasa saw Eren fighting and being eaten by the female titan, and everyone knows she'll always side with Eren. Damn. Rest in piece Petra, Eld, Oluo, Gunther :(
is super accurate. 
"If we only focus on making the best moves, we will never get the better of our opponent. When necessary, we must be willing to take big risks." Erwin the GAMBLER
EREN SHOULD'VE FUCKIN TRANSFORMED!! THEY SHOULD'VE TRUSTED EREN!

This scene is still raw. FUCK THE FEMALE TITAN! Oluo saw the love of his life stomped on before his death. Total massacre. 
R.I.P PETRA, OLUO, ELD, and GUNTHER. 

I can't fathom how Levi kept a straight face as he glided over his squad's corpses.

I guess it's him trying to drown his rage and sorrow with indifference.
I know it's harsh but, this is, in my opinion, Levi's biggest failure as Captain in the show. His negligence of planning ahead 
in the likleyhood that shit goes sour. He never planned with his squad what to do incase
the titan escaped, or where to report to, instead it seemed like he abandoned them altogether. 

Eren is tormented by his wrong decision. Keep in mind, he is only 15 during this time. 
He did well for his first fight with a titan shifter. 

In for a Levi and Mikasa duo take down. 

cloudamorMay 8, 2023 12:43 AM
Jan 8, 2022 7:13 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, everything just went down very quickly. Female titan like cheating, and idk how the three of them so confident they could win. Then i think Levi would come and help, but i just forget, his order was following it, not fighting it. So, Its really didn't matter how Eren decide on the past. Because, every choices he made just straight killing more person, actually. So, yeah, blame that shit to whoever inside the female titan, and whoever behind all of it. Yeah, that insane crushing blow kick. Eren must have known it from a mile, his past experience, he fucked up.

Still interesting so far....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 13, 2022 6:30 AM

Dec 2020
yeah..... yeah. yeah. levi couldn't even mourn for them. he stopped a bit at petra's tho. reaally like this "trust is good but not everything will always go well with that trust" kinda thing. and eren fighting purely on anger mixed with regret yikes. was the female titan .. scared? while fighting eren tho? she had a look where it was nooot the previous ones she had, same when she fought mikasa
May 19, 2022 2:55 PM
Apr 2022
I will miss them all. ):
Oct 30, 2022 5:08 AM
Oct 2022
levi !!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 29, 2022 3:53 PM
Aug 2022
petras death was fucked but titan fight was cool
Jan 22, 2023 2:12 AM
Jan 2023
RIP again?????? We all know that Eren comes back. He was already eaten once
Mar 9, 2023 9:11 AM
Feb 2023
This is just outstanding
Mar 17, 2023 4:38 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Eren put his faith in Levi's squad and the survey corps, and for a moment it seemed that they had finally won. But no, it has all gone to shit, and Eren is now going to live with the regrets from the decision that he has made; the regrets that Levi told him to avoid. What's worse is that Eren wasn't even able to atone for the mistake that he believed he made, nor was he able to avenge the lives of all the fallen who gave their all to capture the female titan. At most, Eren just weakened the female titan, and only by a little bit. But Eren at the start was most likely right. He was there with all 4 of Levi's squad and Levi himself, along with the backup from the rear squads, not to mention Eren himself and his titan. Maybe the same scenario would've played out, the female titan calling all the titans to eat her up. But I think the casualties would've been far less if they had acted earlier. Nothing against Erwin though of course, because he's the man. He wanted to capture the female titan in as pristine condition as possible, as that would've been the best way to extract whoever was inside it. Because without the person inside alive to tell them everything, it would be just like killing any other titan; just one that is quite a bit smarter and has a crap load of stamina. But now it's time to finish things; and how do you do that? Well now that the female titan has been slightly weakened, all you need is an angry Mikasa, and a Levi who had just lost all the members of his squad.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 17, 2023 5:47 PM
Nov 2021
GREAT EPISODE ITS A PITY THE 4 man team died I loved them
MIKASA GO GO GO!!!
5/5
Mar 22, 2023 7:14 AM

Sep 2019
Wait... now the female titan is in human form, and the group of Petra, Auruo, Erd, are all excellent people but instead of fighting back, they get scared and run away? Maybe that's why Gunther died.
Petra and the others kept stopping Eren from transforming and assuming that transforming meant distrust, which led me to begin to believe that this group was indeed weirdo. Basically this nonsense is like they ask Eren for favors and make him feel guilty rather than caring about Eren.
The music that comes out when Eren turns giant is really epic, it makes me goosebump.
The moment Levi discovered the bodies of his subordinates was truly haunting.
Why are the eyes of these titans so human in this ep? The female Titan even narrowed her eyes.
I know the characters are angry, but is there a need to promote such violence? I mean when they talk.
Mar 27, 2023 10:18 AM
Dec 2017
Amazing episode.
Eren has to listen Levi's speech. RIP Levi's squad
The battle is great, quick animation, a little bit short as for me.
Of course, Mikasa comes at the right moment lol.
Let’s see what happens now, is it the climax of the season ?
Apr 19, 2023 2:01 PM

Apr 2021
Favourite episode yet.
Mikasa is such a badass.
Just wish Eren would’ve killed the female titan. Was about to start yelling at him lol

May 1, 2023 6:55 AM

Aug 2019
Bro who is in that titan. I feel like it's been so long since I've been this invested in a show. I need to keep going
May 7, 2023 2:00 PM
Apr 2023
This episode breaks my heart. Its so hard to watch, I hate this ending for Levi’s squad.

I love the way this show is always making you go back and reconsider the meaning of previous dialogues. For instance, when Levi & team were trying to convince Eren to trust them, and Levi said I don’t know whats going to happen, so do what you think is right. The narrative lets you believe Eren made the right choice by choosing not to transform. But as the story progresses you start to see that a better option was right in front of them the whole time. It makes it that much more painful to think that things could have been different.

I think this show does a great job of immersing the viewer because I can feel the regret and guilt and anguish Levi and Eren are carrying. It reminds me of times in my life where I wanted so bad to go back and change things but felt despair because its impossible and the only thing you can do is move forward.

Amazing episode ^^
Jun 28, 2023 8:08 PM
Nov 2022
SI QUEREMOS SER MAS ASTUTOS QUE NUESTROS ENEMIGOS, NO TENEMOS QUE CAER PRESOS DE NUESTROS PREJUICIOS
Sin duda el capítulo sigue subiendo el nivel, desde las teorias que se avientan todos, que por cierto se pueden verificar si se ven correctamernte los capitulos y se analizan un poco a fondo, la falta personajes, las situaciones extrañas, como contradicciones o escapar de ciertas muertes que no tiene sentido, pequeñas faltas aqui y haya. Este anime lo hace todo bien al inicio por eso la primera temporada es mi favorita.
RIP los miembros veteranos, me encantaban ciertamente y la manera en la que se coordidaban era una pasada.
EREN TU PUTAMADRE MATA A ESA TITAN. LEVI MATA A ESA MADRE
Jul 14, 2023 8:07 PM
Sep 2022
I hate this show, it's just a bullshit.

Why the female is stronger than Eren?

I just wanted to see Eren destroying her.

Maybe i'm being childish, but Eren should smash this mf
Jul 24, 2023 6:11 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jul 29, 2023 4:43 PM
Mar 2023
HI F RUJ[E NJI[ER G OF DIP;E PHDYUIW YUILVNKG OF IVHE HD VHIF VIHR R V FDJ DFHV BJDG BVJLD
Aug 8, 2023 7:32 PM
Jan 2023
Awww Mikasa trying to save her bf 🥺
Oct 2, 2023 8:48 AM
May 2023
Review en ESP/ENG

Very good episode, F for Levi's team and I liked how Eren remembered what Levi said: I don't know, I can trust myself or my teammates but no one knows the result and seeing Eren's regret was Excellent. NT by Mikasa trying to get Eren back, we will see what she does with the help of Levi

Muy buen episodio, F por el equipo de Levi y me gusto como recordo Eren lo que dijo Levi: No lo se, puedo confiar en mi o en mis compañeros pero nadie sabe el resultado y ver el arrepentimiento de Eren fue Excelente. NT por Mikasa al tratar de recuperar a Eren, veremos que hace con la ayuda de Levi
Nov 30, 2023 5:39 PM

Nov 2023
Eren transformation again! I love the fight between two rational titans
Jan 23, 9:49 AM
Dec 2023
it was my fav episode of this season
Feb 29, 8:22 AM
Jul 2023
Holy shit, easily the best episode so far
- LEVI SQUAD NOOOOOO
- Actually crying over Petra, what a horrible way to go. Levi seemed to think so too
- Eren is gonna have so much survivors guilt…
- The Titan fight was done so well! You can really feel their size and how powerful these punches are through the screen. Amazing job
- The female is such a badass, healing that eye and instantly snapping him out of the air
- That kick, holy crap. Straight through the head
- The female HAS to be Annie right? Surely, with the conditions of knowing about Eren’s Titan, blonde hair, and with that combat skill,,,, she’s the only option. Why else is she the only one that joined the police?
- She took Eren? Looks like Levi and Mikasa will take her on next episode
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.