Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 9 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 11, 2013 7:58 AM

Oct 2012
Asahina & Kirigiri are my favoured characters now, lets hope nothing bad happens to them!

And that sixteenth student - was he in Academy all along? (though question mark in the end points to the fact he doesn't have to be human)

Anyway, I think they are all just sleeping somewhere and death wakes them up. Undergoing some weird experiment with human mind and behavior. But that's just my little theory.
Sep 11, 2013 9:56 PM

Aug 2007
This wasn't a bad episode after I got over the fact that the investigation was really quick.
But it showed Asahina's and Sakura's relationship more, making them both admirable characters in their own right.

I'm really excited for the very last couple episodes, which has the potential of living up to the game.
The murder/investigation/trial works best when playing the game rather than watching it.

Sep 14, 2013 8:04 AM

May 2013
Woah, Sakura killed herself. And Alter Ego got crushed into pieces.

Sakura's Will implies a lot of things... and it has spoilers! I wonder if they'll end up being true.

Mukuro Ikusaba, the Super High School Level Despair, is the 16th student.
This will be trouble.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 14, 2013 10:45 AM

Sep 2011
Very nice and dramatic episode. The end of the same intriguing.
Sep 14, 2013 8:07 PM
Sep 2013
Wow so she did kill herself. I swear every ending of an episode reveals a little about the big picture. It gets me too hype. :D Though I was actually pretty sad when Alter Ego got executed. :C

EDIT: OOP THAT 16TH THO.
Sep 14, 2013 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
ILoveAnimeGuys said:
xin09 said:
Woah i never expect suicide

Me neither. I thought it was his best friend at first.

/shimmies up your drainpipe

/climbs through your window

/gets under the covers with you

/whispers "Sakura is a girl"
Sep 15, 2013 2:28 AM

Nov 2012
so sakura kill herself?
thats suprising :3
Sep 16, 2013 5:45 PM

Jun 2011
I wonder why they said that the pacing is a little better. Imho it's a little slow and draggy at times. This show is very bad, but the mystery managed to hook me, still. The whole photos, Sakura's will (letter), and the 16th student.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 20, 2013 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
SAAAKURA CHAAN
Sep 26, 2013 11:50 AM

Oct 2012
So it was a suicide...expecting it but men that trial was hard , Togami was driven to rage holy shit he made the heck of a mistake, so great episode and i assume that the next one should be quite intense.
Sep 27, 2013 5:18 PM

May 2011
Man, this show just gets more and more emotional.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 5:18 AM

May 2013
wow this is sad.. monokuma is so cruel! Q_Q

the ending song is so good
Oct 2, 2013 12:10 PM

May 2012
Well suicide does make sense in this case. That ending was a bit sad that AlterEgo also left the picture :/ The death scene was funny though xD

Lets see what's next!
Oct 12, 2013 7:13 AM
May 2012
Well I had a hunch that Sakura committed suicide and that Asahina was just covering her up so that Asahina can get out of the school.

Poor AlterEgo :/ Naegi and Kirigiri is awesome :3 well things are really getting interesting :3
Oct 19, 2013 11:11 AM

Sep 2012
AlterEgo was just an computer? but it have to be punished, so cruel.
What's the purpose of having a 16th student ? I'm curious about him.
Dec 8, 2013 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
I didn't really consider enough that it would be suicide. But this is because I felt that there was no motive in her committing suicide unless there was a clear motive. Although there was the will, but that was hidden from us and forged by monobear. I think is is stupid because there was no way for us to know the monobear would tamper with evidence. D=

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 10, 2013 4:43 AM
Jul 2013
I really enjoyed this episode - the feeels :'(

It seems like lots of people were surprised by the suicide, but when Oogami said she was going to 'take care of things' I thought her expression to be one of acceptance and she had decided at that time that she was going to go through with it. Though I wasn't sure if it really was going to end up like that :P

OOOoooooooo ominous 16th classmate is revealed by name. I'm really liking this and I hope they can keep up the standard of the episodes. ^^

Looking forward to watching more :3
Dec 27, 2013 8:02 AM

Jul 2013
Well, the trial is better than the previous since they're talking more in dept of the investigation. 16th student?!?! Yikes! Hope that he/she is not a personal agent for Monobear.
Mar 22, 2014 12:41 PM
Nov 2012
Moekou said:
Arrowhead311 said:
The characters are unbearable, especially Naegi also why on earth would you grieve for a computer? I cannot comprehend this anime

I guess you must really not like animes where the main characters or the main love interest is AI or a robot? Alter ego was a friend and their new hope at uncovering the secrets behind the whole thing. I guess the anime skipped some of the bonding feeling for AE; in the game they had more bonding time (and we knows what happens to anyone else that gets a lot of screentime...) Alter Ego even pointed out that it knew the high risks of being caught but personally wanted to take it to try to save them all, because they're Chihiro's precious friends and therefore Alter Ego's friend as well.

Infact I very much like robot/ai love intrest, chobits for instance was great, I just hated this anime in and out so naturally I don't care if a character dies.
Apr 29, 2014 3:08 AM
Oct 2013
Finally I got a prediction right. I'm feeling more like a detective after every episode I watch. I figured Sakura commited suicide because theres no way to jam the door from the inside without a hidden door. It seems everyone is on the same page and wants to find the 16th student. I wonder who it can be?
May 30, 2014 3:58 PM

Feb 2013
This is so interesting.
Jun 16, 2014 3:43 AM

Jun 2013
I feel so sorry for Asahina though.
But I much prefer the game version because I kinda feel like the show is a little bit rush...
Jul 12, 2014 6:33 AM

Aug 2013
How did Kirigiri get in Naegi's room? O__o
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 4, 2014 1:39 AM

Apr 2010
Hmmm... a sixteenth student huh? This will be interesting. But why didn't Kirigiri tell Naegi about it when she was at his room?

I felt abit sad for Sakura.
Aug 14, 2014 8:44 AM

Sep 2013
Poor Sakura... And dat teddy bear pisses me off >.<
In every score, there's a feeling...
Aug 26, 2014 8:38 PM

Feb 2013
The execution wasn't as disturbing as the rest. I mean it was just a laptop that was destroyed with a AI. Wow, suicide? I didn't see that coming. For a second I thought it really was the swim girl. Who's gonna die next. Either the swim girl or the glass ball guy. Why does Kirigiri know so much? I think she's suspicious. Good episode.
Oct 4, 2014 4:16 AM
Apr 2014
What's the deal with Kirigiri reacting to Monobear read at the end. The plot thicken.
Oct 30, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2012
I was crying so much watching Asahina talk about Sakura and then Monokuma SORRY TO INTERRUPT BUT lmao
Nov 20, 2014 4:07 AM

Dec 2013
Relieved it wasn't Asahina who killed Sakura.

R.I.P Orochimaru.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Apr 28, 2015 12:22 PM

Nov 2014
So Sakura killed herself...I knew it. :( I feel so bad for Asahina, poor thing is so sad...I was so sad when Asahina kept saying it was her that did it, I just knew she wouldn't do it, that was her best friend.

And I did not expected Alter Ego to get killed off...awww :/

Time for everyone to rebel against Monobear! And I can't wait to see the sixteenth student.
May 27, 2015 1:02 AM
Mar 2013
When that computerthingy was killed, Kirigiri was acting really suspicious.. hmmm
Sep 26, 2015 12:56 PM

Mar 2015
So she did a suicide... lots of misunderstanding

what could the spoiler be? That they all still alive?

Mar 11, 2016 12:24 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode. I'm still curious who the final student is. Maybe the bear?
Mar 13, 2016 3:15 PM

Jul 2013
I thought she might have committed suicide, I can't believe those other two hit her on the head, not nice.

I wonder what the rest of her note said!

I wonder who the other student is as well and where they are!
Apr 26, 2016 4:25 PM

Jun 2013
I don't condone suicide in any way but I felt like it was very much like Sakura's character to take her own life than allow someone else to take her out or for her to take someone else's life. She was one of my favorites, actually. I liked her design and she's one of the most memorable characters.

I wasn't expecting her to commit suicide, I was almost sure that Asahina did something. I wasn't too far off because she did plant misleading evidence to cover up the suicide but she wasn't guilty. She did try to kill everyone else though lol
臭い-
Jul 5, 2016 1:24 PM

Aug 2014
Great episode and I am mega happy that Asahina is still alive and that she wasnt the killer :)
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 2, 2016 6:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bye, bye Alter Ego!!!

Appears the 16th, true or false?
Dec 9, 2016 1:54 AM

Aug 2012
Well, this episode *mostly* delivered. To be honest, I don't know how much my experience with the game has influenced my opinion but I thought they did a great job of adapting the class trial to best emphasize the emotional core at the center in the case. The animation, the angles, the voice acting, it was all greatly executed. Some of the lightning decisions I wasn't too fond off, like that purple shocked thing they did when Monokuma revealed the real suicide note, but regardless, there were legitimate great shots here. Like when Makoto talked about how he had to end it. & I don't understand why the investigation portion would contain evidence that wasn't going to be utilized in the episode but this class trial was less about the whodunnit and more about the class dynamic, the very nature of slippy slope this game has lead them to. The Mukuro Ikusaba scene was also translated smoothly over into the anime.

But I did specify mostly for a reason and no, it wasn't about the purple thing or the upside down magazine. It was about Byakuya's big moment. Byakuya retiring from the killing game was the highlight of the game for me. It was the moment I really got hooked on the narrative, it was the perfect culmination to the class trial. The only character in this game that openly accepted the terms of the killing game, and made it no secret he intends to kill, was faced with a situation that changed his perception of his role entirely. Sakura's suicide serves as the impetus for the class to reject Monokuma's game & finally unite together with a new purpose in mind. Byakuya is the symbol of this, and the game treated it as the big deal it was. There was a whole lead-up to Byakuya's "bowing out of the game", where he goes over and explains in typical fashion that the rules of the game are kill or be killed, only one can survive. Then you click "x" or whatever, to get to his next line of dialogue where he declares his removal from the game, the awesome music backs up his declaration. It's a crucial moment, and it's treated as such. Here? He's retirement from the game is just lumped in with everyone else's declaration that they won't kill, with no distinction being given to him. I understand time constraints aren't exactly conducive to an exact adaption and that everyone needed to get their time to speak, but as the scene I was most anticipating seeing adapted, this was such a disappointment, and can't help but think they still could've found their way to add a little extra oomph to Byakuya's moment.

Still, overall, I enjoyed this episode, hopefully this becomes a trend for the final set of episodes.
Dec 17, 2016 6:55 PM

May 2013
I wonder if the Mastermind is Kirigiri's father or something like that. She seems to know something and desperately wants to stop the person. And there's so much random useful info that she gives to Naegi all the time. How does she know???
Feb 8, 2017 6:30 PM
Aug 2014
Guess I was wrong about who killed her. Guess she's a much better person than me because I wouldn't be so forgiving of the two people that tried to kill me. I would've let Asahina kill me via poison and then make it look like a suicide, then when they reached the wrong conclusion at least she would graduate.

Those objections really don't work; twice this episode they didn't even point out a falsehood.
Sep 19, 2017 9:18 PM

Dec 2012
Let the Gakkyu Saiban begin.
It was Asahina?
Dem Kyouko thighs.
lol at Monokuma faking that will.
Makoto getting mad.
Dem Kyouko thighs.
A special guest?
Alter Ego!
Oh snap! Kyouko's in Makoto's room.
Dem Kyouko thighs.
Ikusaba Mukuro is the 16th high schooler? They're also the Super High School Level Zetsubou?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 30, 2017 12:36 AM

Sep 2011
Really good episode, one of the best so far. I really felt sorry for Sakura.
Mar 16, 2019 7:07 AM

Feb 2019
Hmmm... Its good to see them finally working together, but without the AI, what can they do?
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jun 17, 2019 6:18 PM

Dec 2018
Unusual_Kmc said:
Hmmm... Its good to see them finally working together, but without the AI, what can they do?

you haven't played the games I take it? Watch the end of the episode again btw when monokuma is reading her letter. here's where it all takes shape and gets really good. btw I recommend highly the games, very good and you get to spend time with your waifu of choice. So far this anime obviously can't hold a candle to the games, but I won't be like manga readers that shit on everything. I actually like it so far.
Jul 14, 2019 8:17 AM

Oct 2017
Then sakura killed herself and we have one more participant in this sick school :O
Apr 27, 2020 4:32 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The laptop is dead this is way too ridiculous
Apr 27, 2020 4:32 PM

Mar 2019
This is ridiculous they killed a computer, Sakura killed herself it was pointless
Jun 18, 2020 4:53 PM
Jul 2018
What a shame Sakura died. She was definitely one of my favorite characters. Definitely #bestgirl.
Nov 14, 2020 7:44 PM

Aug 2020
As soon as I saw Sakura sitting on the chair the first thing that came to mind for me is suicide. I'm not really sure why but when it was I was shocked I got it so quickly. Also another student? I wonder if we'll meet them..

Nov 21, 2020 5:35 AM
Jul 2020
Cool episode again!

(Why do I like Monokuma so much?! Like he’s a murdering bear, but dudes funny, he got style, and doesn’t tolerate sexual assault!)
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.