Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 24, 2013 5:16 PM

Mar 2010
ErenxMikasa said:
xtremexx said:
Well shit.

Levi's threat was perfect. "I'm going to cut off your hand and your legs. I mean your hands and legs, not the titans".

If there was any moment the Titan should have been scared, it was that moment.

Everyone is surprised that nanaba is a girl, but I'm still getting over the fact that hanji is a girl, cause it sure as hell isn't obvious in the manga.

I don't get that, I never had a problem seeing that Hanji was a girl.

Who is Nanaba? O_o
Aug 24, 2013 5:18 PM
Feb 2012
HalfMetalJacket said:
f4b10 said:
I only hope that they dont end the anime (1st) season in a stall scene (manga readers know )

Too bad, its very likely to end chapter 33-34 and then a second season.

If anything, we'll have to wait till next year so the manga can get farther along. If they end at 33-34, that leaves only ten or so chapters....
Aug 24, 2013 5:20 PM

Aug 2013
Also I like how the first thing Eren asks after hearing that Petra and Ulou peed their pants is "Does that mean you sprayed it everywhere in midair?"
Aug 24, 2013 5:22 PM

Jul 2011
Lylaaz said:
ErenxMikasa said:
xtremexx said:
Well shit.

Levi's threat was perfect. "I'm going to cut off your hand and your legs. I mean your hands and legs, not the titans".

Everyone is surprised that nanaba is a girl, but I'm still getting over the fact that hanji is a girl, cause it sure as hell isn't obvious in the manga.

Who is Nanaba? O_o

pralan said:
ErenxMikasa said:
Who's Nanaba

You read the manga so: http://shingekinokyojin.wikia.com/wiki/Nanaba, should refresh your memory.
Manga spoilers for the curious one, just in case.
Aug 24, 2013 5:24 PM

Aug 2013
Killer ep gained so much respect for Armin in this one. Fan girling that we got so much Erwen action and him with levi just prooves they're the best ship lol. Almost cried with the ending, hate myself for knowing who the female titan is. Must say she is a clever bitch though.
Aug 24, 2013 5:25 PM

Apr 2010
Lylaaz said:
ErenxMikasa said:
xtremexx said:
Well shit.

Who is Nanaba? O_o

The blonde manchick that was with/talking to Krista.

Arete7 said:
Glad i decided just to start reading the manga, the pacing is becoming horrible.

Too bad the manga has the same pacing.
Aug 24, 2013 5:37 PM

Feb 2012
Oh that call for Titan reinforcements.

Nice episode.
Aug 24, 2013 5:37 PM

Jul 2012
Cliffhanger once again! I'm so tempted to continue from the manga now... The mystery is killing me. (Mystery as in why YouKnowWho is infiltrating them and killing humans when they themselves are one)

ErenxMikasa said:
Also I like how the first thing Eren asks after hearing that Petra and Ulou peed their pants is "Does that mean you sprayed it everywhere in midair?"
THIS LOL
Aug 24, 2013 5:44 PM
Dec 2012
MOAR CLIFFHANGERS! AUGH! D:
Can't Wait For The Next Episode! Who's Gonna Die Next? O.o
Aug 24, 2013 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
Sasha <3
Levi <3
Aug 24, 2013 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
-Shiori said:
Sasha <3
Levi <3

Petra <3
Aug 24, 2013 5:51 PM

May 2012
Shit just got real!
Aug 24, 2013 5:51 PM

Jul 2011
ErenxMikasa said:
-Shiori said:
Sasha <3
Levi <3

Petra <3

Gunter <3
Aug 24, 2013 6:02 PM

Jan 2010
Man I can't get over how slow this is going. The 2-3 minute recaps aren't helping either. Every past few episodes is just characters talking about shit that we can already infer by ourselves for 10~ minutes, then a short action scene, then back to talking about things that don't much add to the plot.

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Aug 24, 2013 6:06 PM

Oct 2010
Absurdly long intro recaps, stills galore, DBZ-tier pacing. Really starting to lose interest in this show. The amazing moments it has are outweighed by its failings.
Aug 24, 2013 6:19 PM
Sep 2012
Megaton said:
Absurdly long intro recaps, stills galore, DBZ-tier pacing. Really starting to lose interest in this show. The amazing moments it has are outweighed by its failings.

Nothing, and I mean nothing has DBZ tier pacing. NOTHING.
Aug 24, 2013 6:33 PM

Sep 2012
nanaba.. a girl... still trying to process...
Aug 24, 2013 6:37 PM

Sep 2012
Levi badass
Sasha's intuition was awesome!
Can't wait for the next episode!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Aug 24, 2013 6:47 PM

Jun 2011
Curse you cliffhangers! Ah well~ Now it's time to wait...again.
Aug 24, 2013 6:49 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Megaton said:

About time someone agrees with me on this.
Aug 24, 2013 6:51 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode and only 5 more left!
Aug 24, 2013 6:52 PM

Oct 2010
Raiden_ said:
then back to talking about things that don't much add to the plot.

They're contemplating their actions.

That's a large part of what makes it a way above average shounen series, they actually ask things like "did I do the right thing?" unlike the vast majority of shounen series.
Aug 24, 2013 6:54 PM

Mar 2011
I SMELL MURDERRRRRRRRRRR

A spy for the titans? The twists in this anime get more insane with each episode.
Aug 24, 2013 7:02 PM

Jun 2013
for the first time i am not waiting for the next episode..!! :(
"Sometimes I wish I was just a cloud, floating along..!"
Aug 24, 2013 7:05 PM

Jan 2012
tsk … another ridiculous cliffhanger !!
… oh well Loved how Levi provoked the FT, and whoa FT howled to get herself eaten huh well that was quite intriguing, didn't know they capable of this … but really disliked how they introduced the fact that there is a spy, it was so cliché and rushed. and lol@ hanji piercing the FT ass, and adorable how Sasha got all worked up.
and so FT got in her human sane form and is still after Eren … okay this is starting to get really sketchy and story line just keeps on getting more convoluted!!
marshallooAug 25, 2013 1:33 AM
Aug 24, 2013 7:08 PM

Apr 2010
xtremexx said:

Hanji's gender is still unknown in the manga, the author refuses to say either way, so that the audience can interpret the character however they choose. Nanaba being a girl could be anime-only as well. Or Nanaba might just be a Bishōnen character, who is just easily mistaken for a girl. For that matter, Ymir and Riko are seen as having ambiguous gender as well. The anime made Ymir more feminine looking though.

On the flipside there's Armin who many people mistake for a girl.

Androgynous characters seem to be a staple of this series.
Aug 24, 2013 7:13 PM

Jan 2013
Damn I wanted to see who the mystery girl is.
Aug 24, 2013 7:23 PM

Mar 2013
Pipoko said:
That around covered 1.5 chapters. Everything after the scream was intense, I just wish they didn't have so many stills for the action.

I can't agree with you more. Have they blown the budget already or are they behind schedule? I'm use to one or two stills but god they're starting to use it like it's going out of style.

Pipoko said:
Animation-wise it was still better than last week. Music usage made the scream scene and the scene at the end with Gunter intense. Again, one for the anime-only people.
4/5 for me.

I just started reading the manga but I know what happens. So I would consider myself 75% anime at present & had to give it 3/5. The number of stills was overwhelming despite the OST.
Aug 24, 2013 7:28 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. Didn't think the female titan would sacrifice itself. Now I am wondering who is the spy at the end.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 24, 2013 7:30 PM

Jun 2013
They censored gunter's death :l, it was to be expected but it's barely noticeable in the anime.
Aug 24, 2013 7:36 PM
Feb 2013
Santoryu_XBurner said:
Good episode. Didn't think the female titan would sacrifice itself. Now I am wondering who is the spy at the end.

It wasnt a sacrifice if she didnt died though, the spy is probably the titan girl that escapes from her titan body
Aug 24, 2013 7:53 PM

May 2013
I like the conversation shifting.

Dat scream. Titans everywhere. Even the elite Survey Corps couldn't kill them all.

Levi is still freakin' awesome. I just love his double kill!

Lol, Squad Levi's talking about how some of them pissed their pants during their first mission. All for Eren's respect.
Noo, Gunter! The Female Human is off to fight Squad Levi.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 24, 2013 7:54 PM
May 2013
Noo Gunther! :'(
Fuck that Female Titan/Spy I would love to see Levi torture that fucker.
Aug 24, 2013 7:58 PM

Sep 2012
Still don't understand why Erwin ordered Levi to change his gears. And how the person in the FT acquired the 3D maneuver gears when they escaped since it would be damaged if it was on them when they are inside the titan. unless..
Aug 24, 2013 8:04 PM

Jun 2008
Tale of two episodes. At first it was all "Yeah get on with it" and then it got on with it and left us with a neat cliffhanger. Reveals are going to be probably be dragged out for the last 5 episodes unfortunately, but it's to be expected with an anime of an ongoing manga.

Also, stills city.
Aug 24, 2013 8:05 PM

Aug 2012
R.I.P Gunther, Levi action always nice can't wait for next weeks episode
Aug 24, 2013 8:05 PM

Aug 2013
egnaro315 said:
Still don't understand why Erwin ordered Levi to change his gears. And how the person in the FT acquired the 3D maneuver gears when they escaped since it would be damaged if it was on them when they are inside the titan. unless..

Erwin had Levi refuel probably because he expected that Levi would need to fight whoever was in the titan.
Aug 24, 2013 8:06 PM

Jul 2010
That Levi's taunt. He's indeed good at taunting the foe.
Damn, I almost thought "No cliffhanger this week?" but I was wrong.

Also, I really love Erwin, as he threw away his humanity to make some progress. Plus the fact he's such a badass.
Furthermore, he's always well drawn in the anime.
Aug 24, 2013 8:11 PM

May 2012
14:00 did kyonyuu kyojin just cry for help?

Petra <3<3<3
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 24, 2013 8:32 PM

Jul 2012
the female titan pretty obvious. would be surprised if my guess is wrong. i havent red the manga
KurokokoyAug 24, 2013 8:41 PM
Cty Best mid
Aug 24, 2013 8:35 PM

Dec 2008
That SCREAM!
Aug 24, 2013 8:44 PM

Jun 2008
I really enjoyed this ep especially with the way they use the OST. Can't wait for next week *_*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2013 8:57 PM
May 2008
oharujyaku said:
Biggest mindfuck this episode = Nanaba is a Girl hahahaha.....its even trending in Japan twitter now

Was this a spoiler or something....
Aug 24, 2013 9:03 PM

May 2013
This episode made me take back all the doubts I had about Erwin. The guy is a genius, he planned this all out and even made Levi resupply in case the person inside the FT escapes. That scream and Gunther's death were the most surprising parts of the episode.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 24, 2013 9:04 PM

Aug 2013
Baku219 said:
This episode made me take back all the doubts I had about Erwin. The guy is a genius, he planned this all out and even made Levi resupply in case the person inside the FT escapes. That scream and Gunther's death were the most surprising parts of the episode.

I think the next episode is going to interesting for you then.
Aug 24, 2013 9:09 PM
Jun 2013
Megaton said:

Yep, I suppose it won't matter to anyone but I'm dropping this SnK. I tried to stick with it...but I just couldn't. I can't say whether it's a good or bad show based on my criteria, since I didn't finish it and I don't reach a conclusion without finishing a show, but I do know that it just wasn't for me.
Aug 24, 2013 9:09 PM

May 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
Baku219 said:

I think the next episode is going to interesting for you then.

Now I can't wait.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 24, 2013 9:10 PM

Jun 2013
Female titan's ass... DAAAAMN
Aug 24, 2013 9:13 PM
Apr 2013
Cant wait for next week, its going to be so epic. I wonder who the traitor is o_O
Aug 24, 2013 9:14 PM
Jun 2013
Kriminaal said:
oharujyaku said:
Biggest mindfuck this episode = Nanaba is a Girl hahahaha.....its even trending in Japan twitter now

Was this a spoiler or something....

Not really, she was introduced in this episode
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.