Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Did you like the ending?
Aug 18, 2013 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
Simple question.

I for one thought it was dumb. The last 5 minutes essentially made all the buildup/rejections pointless.

YveseAug 18, 2013 3:51 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2013 2:19 PM

Aug 2012
I scrubbed the entire series off my drive after watching this.

What a waste of time.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 18, 2013 2:19 PM

Jun 2013
I feel really sorry for Kuroneko and Ayase.But what can you everybody knew that he will eventualy develop a siscon.
Aug 18, 2013 2:23 PM

Feb 2013
I thought it was the best anime I have ever watched. The ending is perfect in every way.
Aug 18, 2013 2:23 PM

Oct 2012
I didn't like it. I didn't even care about who won or not, but that ending was just bad.
Aug 18, 2013 2:25 PM

Feb 2012
It's complete trash. What a way to fuck up your series
Aug 18, 2013 2:26 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I don't think it's a very "likeable" ending, but it kinda had to be something along these lines to be realistic while still fitting the main theme of the series
Aug 18, 2013 2:33 PM

Jun 2012
The last few minutes of this series brought a new meaning to "forced." Everything the series had to offer, and offered was just thrown down the drain.
Aug 18, 2013 2:39 PM

Mar 2013
I didnt like it, but I can't say this is a Bad End... ~_~ I'm just disappointed.
Aug 18, 2013 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
I liked a lot the whole story, but it was a very bad end.

All that story for an ending where they will not be together? For god's sake...
Aug 18, 2013 2:47 PM

Jun 2009
They just forgot to mention that in the novels he swore to himself to never have any girlfriend in the future. But extra volume (or chapter) is announced, it will take place 10 years after the end.

(though I expect that everyone here knows that already)
Aug 18, 2013 2:50 PM

Feb 2013
I thought that Kyousuke and Kirino ending up together would be the worst possible ending. And then I saw this ending.
Aug 18, 2013 2:52 PM
Aug 2012
Ok.. for some Guys or girls or whatever thinking they will not end together your wrong.. if you followed the story you have read or heard them saying that they won't be a couple until kirino graduate from high school.

On-topic : Well the end, where I was waiting 5 months for was a bit disappointing but also not,
The problem was that we couldn't see them end together now but they will in the future, this won't be showed though :'(
after all this I still think it's a happy ending with no problems left.
Aug 18, 2013 2:59 PM

Mar 2008
We have an episode discussion thread for this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2013 3:00 PM

Aug 2012
loved it. the decision to go back as normal siblings was the best for the time being, as they have to think about the consequences and their future too. But i believe their "normal siblings" relationship is just a way to keep them safe and stay together, at least until they are ready to face the obstacles and be honest to their parents and society. what matter the most is, they know and understand their feelings toward each other.

you know, back then when i just finished reading the last volume of OreImo, i had the same thought with most of you who dislike the ending..

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Aug 18, 2013 3:05 PM
Jun 2010
I liked it and hated it. At least the ending was slightly in the air, so I can use my imagination to make everybody is happy..
Aug 18, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2012
This is the worth thing since black rock shooter.
Aug 18, 2013 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
Which ending?

Aug 18, 2013 3:18 PM

Jan 2010
I vomited cyborg juice

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Aug 18, 2013 3:22 PM

Jun 2012
It is substandard work that has tainted the franchise. Not because of the Kirino end but because of careless execution.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 18, 2013 3:45 PM

Jun 2013
I think I'm the only one who enjoyed it.
Aug 18, 2013 3:49 PM

May 2011
shigeru212 said:
It is substandard work that has tainted the franchise. Not because of the Kirino end but because of careless execution.

Was it careless execution? I can easily understand if you didn't like the ending, but to comment on how it was handled goes into objective grounds and what you are saying is simply wrong. The ending may be disagreeable for many, but it certainly wasn't bad.

BakaAniki said:
I think I'm the only one who enjoyed it.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. :)
Aug 18, 2013 3:50 PM

Feb 2012
RebuildOfKam said:
We have an episode discussion thread for this.
I'll reword it then.

I made this thread mainly just to get a clearer picture of how many liked/disliked the ending.

Wasn't as one-sided as I thought judging by the poll so far.
Aug 18, 2013 3:52 PM
Jun 2009
I hate everyone who says Kyousuke got nothing at the end because they refuse to listen to reason or even attempt to comprehend anything aside from exact words. No implications for these fine souls.

Kyousuke and Kirino are clearly planning on continuing their relationship in secret, there is no question. There are direct quotes from the author saying this and it was heavily implied with the kiss on the cheek at the end coupled with the "talk" that Kirino mentioned.
Aug 18, 2013 3:55 PM

Apr 2013
Koybz said:
I didn't like it. I didn't even care about who won or not, but that ending was just bad.
this.

Kuruneko was my choice, but even if she lost, the fact that he ends up with "nobody" and shut downed the entire group of girls that wanted his D is beyond idiotic and anti-climatic. F this show.
Aug 18, 2013 4:00 PM

Apr 2013
Xyphon101 said:
I hate everyone who says Kyousuke got nothing at the end because they refuse to listen to reason or even attempt to comprehend anything aside from exact words. No implications for these fine souls.

Kyousuke and Kirino are clearly planning on continuing their relationship in secret, there is no question. There are direct quotes from the author saying this and it was heavily implied with the kiss on the cheek at the end coupled with the "talk" that Kirino mentioned.
but WHO CARES if they continue in secret.. we'll never actually get the chance to see it animated, and that is mainly due to Japan's media and what is acceptable in today's society. The fact that after 2 seasons we have to use our imagination and dirty fantasies to see the MC with the girl he likes is beyond stupid. Also the fact that the second season was focused on melodrama and almost no comedy at all and tried to go the "serious route" just made the show that much worse.
Aug 18, 2013 4:01 PM
Jun 2009
Sourire said:
Xyphon101 said:

but WHO CARES if they continue in secret.. we'll never actually get the chance to see it animated, and that is mainly due to Japan's media and what is acceptable in today's society. The fact that after 2 seasons we have to use our imagination and dirty fantasies to see the MC with the girl he likes is beyond stupid. Also the fact that the second season was focused on melodrama and almost no comedy at all and tried to go the "serious route" just made the show that much worse.

I see what you mean, I would rather it ended at the wedding kiss.. But you still can't say he ended up with no one.
Aug 18, 2013 4:05 PM

Aug 2012
Why are people blaming Japan and their media for this ending?

Ever heard of Koi Kaze or Yosuga no Sora?

Blame the author for this travesty.

mattbenz99 said:
Aug 18, 2013 4:08 PM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
I disliked it not because they didn't stay together, but because it just felt like a cop-out ending. All of the melodrama, comedy, and romance that we went through were just wasted away.
Aug 18, 2013 4:10 PM
Jun 2009
Goryo said:

It was because Oreimo was like PG or something, so they couldn't have an incest ending like that. Author said so himself.
Aug 18, 2013 4:10 PM

May 2011
Sourire said:
Xyphon101 said:

But do you really need to see it happen? This series did what it set out to do and ended on a good note. I mean, heck, we could see that happen if the author really wanted to include it, but we really didn't need to. I'm content with what I was given and I really don't see anything wrong with it.

As for your other point, I can't really disagree with the direction that S2 had gone in. Yeah, I did like the comedy much more than I liked the drama, but I didn't dislike the drama either. Not only that, but it was still handled well and gave way to some really good character development in the process. And without that character development, these last three episodes would have surely been hard to get a firm grasp on.
Aug 18, 2013 4:15 PM

Feb 2013
I fucking loved it, if they are both happy it's fine by me.
Aug 18, 2013 4:22 PM
Oct 2010
Yes. Best girl won.
Aug 18, 2013 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
i was honestly waiting for that ending that ppl would consider a "cop-out" as in kyousuke would wake-up from this stupid delusion. i wouldn't say this all went down the drain but......

minami, as quiet and unimportant as she was (to the fans), she became the sole reason i liked...whatever there was to like about this show.

all in all, those 2 need some psychological help.

Aug 18, 2013 4:50 PM

Sep 2012
i should have stop watching that anime at ep 13. Now, I've never been so wrong
Aug 18, 2013 5:23 PM

May 2011
Kubo should take notes, that was some masterful trolling
Aug 18, 2013 5:26 PM

Oct 2012
This ending has way too many haters tbh.

I thought it was a pretty good resolution to the series. People really need to understand the context behind the story and events and not just want the ending that they want. The ending is left ambiguous for a reason.

Although, I do agree that the execution of season 2 was worse than season 1 overall.
Aug 18, 2013 5:31 PM

Sep 2011
Unlike most people, I hated it mainly because he kissed his sister.. Yep.
Aug 18, 2013 5:43 PM

Jan 2008
For the most part, I enjoyed all three episodes, but I'm not very happy with the outcome.
And Lightning-kun, as this is a series that focuses on that very issue, and since the plot-line for the last episodes was based entirely on that very issue, I can't see how anyone can do a proper review without delving into that topic.

Anyway, my first disappointment, is that in the last season it ended with alternate endings, and I was hoping that they would continue the same practice with this season, but instead all episodes focused on Kirino's route.
Though for the most part, I could live with that, it's just the way they went about it kind of ruined it for me.
The way Kuroneko was turned down is what really made me angry, it was a very emotional scene, and as I have always supported Kuroneko's route, it annoyed me quite a bit when I found that the next two episodes were not alternate endings; even if I were supporting Kirino, I wouldn't be happy with how this went.
Also, though a lot of people may dislike Minami, do to the events in the second season, her points in the last episode were very valid, and with all do respect, was the key plot to these last three episodes.
It was significantly clear that Kuroneko was hurt deeply on an emotional level, just as Minami described in the last episode.
I also feel that it's important to point out that Kuroneko is not the type to move on and find another boyfriend, she will probably remain single, and continue to love Kyousuke, while supporting his relationship with Kirino; regardless of how she behaved afterwards, she was obviously putting on facade for their benefit, I can assure you, that she will never get over this.
The problem I had with the whole 'let's get married and break up!' scenario, is that it gives the impression that the entire thing has become some sort of a game to them, even if their planning to continue their relationship in secret, I don't believe that it's fair to the other girls who were hurt, to go about it with that kind of an approach.
On a side note, any die hard Kirino supporters should not blame other people for being a little upset with how it ended.

Overall, did I enjoy these episodes?: Yes, though I didn't like how some parts went.
Was I happy with how it ended?: No, but if they planned to release more episodes for alternate endings, like with the first season, then I'd have no problem with it.
But like I said earlier, Kuroneko was deeply hurt, and I do not feel that this series can properly end without at least resolving this issue through an alternate ending.
Aug 18, 2013 5:54 PM
Nov 2012
Very unsatisfying. I was left with a sense of uncertainty, it didn't wrap it up well at all.
Aug 18, 2013 5:57 PM

Mar 2011
Not even in the slightest. It was about as satisfying as one of those "It was all a dream" kind of endings.
Aug 18, 2013 6:03 PM
Apr 2013
...What's actually so wrong about the ending? Even judging from the anime alone and not taking into account the fact that they might get together in the end, this was realistic. The guy and the girl don't always have to fall in love and get married and live happily ever after, you know...
Aug 18, 2013 6:09 PM
Jul 2012
I like it and it was good enough for me to put Oreimo into my top 5 favorite anime. I hope they animate the 10 year after bonus chapter though.
Aug 18, 2013 8:43 PM

Jan 2013
Goryo said:

You haven't a clue at all do you? The laws and regulations that are in place in Japan now then Koi Kaze, Yosuga no Sora didn't have in place before then. If they go further Ore no Imouto will have to be forced to use the mature rating and that will hurt their target seisen audience. Use your brain.

The author HAD to do it in a way that meets his vision but also the regulation of his publishers and this is what he chose.
The author further elaborated the ending further after the the final volume of the light novel was published. Further again at Otakon convention by saying it again that it's a Kirino ending. The epilogue which A-1 shit cut out that didn't show Kirino asking Kyousuke for another ring to go along with many missing scenes and missing monologues.

I was hoping for a little bit further closer but my expectation weren't high since it's A-1 shit after all.

All in all, Kirino and Kyousuke are together not just as brother and sister but more.
radleAug 19, 2013 3:58 AM
Aug 18, 2013 8:50 PM

Aug 2008
Incest are disgusting. Period.Looks like the rating keep on dropping which make sense. Never really care about Manami but she really awesome in the final episode.Season 1 is the best. Show should have ended with either season 1 or when Kirino return from America. But seriously,how many creepy siscon here that enjoy the show.
ZapredonAug 18, 2013 9:00 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 18, 2013 9:06 PM
Jan 2013
It's a tough choice for me, but in the end I accepted it.

The Kuroneko and Ayase rejections made me really sad. And when Kirino and Kyousuke broke up in the end, I was unhappy too.

But in the end, they still have something much more. Kirino and Kyousuke will never be the same again. They have a mended sibling relationship, some great friends and a secret they'll treasure on and feel embarrassed about later in their lives. It's still gonna be a long run for them.

So I don't agree with the people who said that it was for nothing - the author ended the series on a good note, bitter as it may seem with some of the things that happened with the other girls, but like we can see with Kuroneko, he's working them out.

I started watching this series thinking it would be a stupid incest show, but I got much more out of it. I don't think I can ever judge a series by its name ever again.
Aug 18, 2013 9:14 PM

Aug 2012
radle said:
Goryo said:

You haven't a clue at all do you? The laws and regulations that are in place in Japan now then Koi Kaze, Yosuga no Sora didn't have in place before then. If they go further Ore no Imouto will have to be forced to use the mature rating and that will hurt their target seisen audience. Use your brain.

The author HAD to do it in a way that meets his vision but also the regulation of his publishers and this is what he chose.
The author further elaborated the ending further after the the final volume of the light novel was published. Further again at Otakon convention by saying it again that it's a Kirino ending. The epilogue which A-1 shit cut out that didn't show Kirino asking Kyousuke for another ring to go along with many missing scenes and missing monologues.

I was hoping for a little bit further closer but my expectation weren't high since it's A-1 shit after all.

All in all, Kirino and Kyousuke are together not just as brother and sister but more.

You sound like a rabid fan who doesn't use logic.

Please cite a source that goes into detail about these anti-incest laws

mattbenz99 said:
Aug 18, 2013 9:15 PM

Jul 2013
Alright, so let me get this straight.

You mean to tell me that he broke off his relationship with Kuroneko to fake-date his sister? He denied all those girls to simply be on good terms with his sister again?

Man, screw this. I'm going to go rewatch Itazura na Kiss to see how romance anime SHOULD be done.
Eminem meets Clannad
Just when you thought Clannad's OST was as sad as it could get ;_;

If you seen School Days, rewatch the ending while listening to A Little of Piece of Heaven by A7X. I guarantee laughs.
Aug 18, 2013 9:23 PM

Jan 2013
Goryo said:
You sound like a rabid fan who doesn't use logic.

Please cite a source that goes into detail about these anti-incest laws
I don't sound like anything since you're reading my comment and not my voice. You aren't even applying logic in the first place when you go into anti-incest laws in which I made no such mention of nor we're you able to read and understand what I wrote. The publisher of Oreimo have their regulations. You're on the net, you can do your own homework on the law that was recently passed in Japan in regards to published materials.

And didn't you scrub the entire series off your hard drive? What profit is there in further commenting about Oreimo? Now use your brain.

edit
See http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-18109.html
The author wanted the kiss at the end of the anime to be on the lips! And not just that but Kirino's new hairstyle that was in the light novel was cut... sigh

A-1 shit F*** you!

What should of been.

radleAug 19, 2013 4:00 AM
Aug 18, 2013 9:24 PM

May 2011
Yes. I don't know why people anticipated an ending that would not ship Kirino and Kyousuke. Also, I think people are thinking too much into this, and aren't kicking back, relaxing, and enjoying.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

851 by Cammell »»
Dec 17, 2023 2:06 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

114 by Cammell »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

251 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:22 PM

» The ending is not as sad as you think!!! PLEASE READ

White_Kotori - Jan 8, 2017

19 by Supderolc »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:36 PM

» Harem ending

removed-user - Dec 11, 2022

3 by Aref_Afkhami »»
Dec 12, 2022 1:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.