Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2013 3:06 PM

Jun 2012
Well okay, spend the whole episode running, while we learned that for some reason Eren must have a reason to transform. . .

So one minute the squad is terrified and pleading for Captain Levi to give orders, and the next minute they suddenly have all the courage and determination and discipline in the world. . .

Well, the OST at the end wasn't disappointing.

Aug 18, 2013 3:08 PM

Apr 2013
I have came to a conclusion after reading SnK forum and MAL forum overall .
There are the normal people who can tell whats obvious and there are ....... I mean a very intelligent kind who , out of too much intelligence , it blocks theyr brain to process whats obvious and name it and there are trolls , who pretty much enjoy spoilling.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 18, 2013 3:20 PM
Jul 2018
Loved it.
So, i'm again looking forward to the next episode
nice job, Erwin's team!
Aug 18, 2013 3:35 PM

Jul 2010
So most of this episode was about how he has to have a clear goal in mind in order to transform.

Also got a short continuation of the action. They captured the titan. Can't wait for next week. I know it's gonna be a good one!

Aug 18, 2013 3:41 PM

May 2013
The reason why Levi didn't say anything is common sense. Obviously the female Titan is not like Eren and can control her transformation perfectly. Given these circumstances, she probably retains her ability to understand human language.
Aug 18, 2013 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
Now THIS is an episode that makes one week of waiting worthwhile :)
Aug 18, 2013 3:56 PM

May 2013
That End Card C:
Pati-Senpai said:

It was nice the way Levi Troop all bit their hands (:
Aug 18, 2013 4:00 PM

Apr 2013
Annie , in that picture is too gorgeous to be true , assuming that's Annie , the one to the left of Mikasa.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 18, 2013 4:03 PM

May 2013
Sadly Mikasa doesn't look that good in a wedding dress, though i can't really say i'm suprised. Whats sexy about her is her strength.
Aug 18, 2013 4:29 PM

Oct 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
Annie , in that picture is too gorgeous to be true , assuming that's Annie , the one to the left of Mikasa.

That's Kristi or whatever is her name, she had little appearance in last episode.

BloodyNightsky said:
There are the normal people who can tell whats obvious and there are ....... I mean a very intelligent kind who , out of too much intelligence , it blocks theyr brain to process whats obvious and name it and there are trolls , who pretty much enjoy spoilling.

The real problem is when this "obvious" knowledge takes many weeks to uncover in anime. Everyone have to know that by then. And it isn't fun to watch the show where one can easily guess what happens next.
Aug 18, 2013 4:36 PM

Apr 2013
Mich666 said:
BloodyNightsky said:

That's Kristi or whatever is her name, she had little appearance in last episode.

BloodyNightsky said:

The real problem is when this "obvious" knowledge takes many weeks to uncover in anime. Everyone have to know that by then. And it isn't fun to watch the show where one can easily guess what happens next.

Thanks to clear that out.
As I said on my first post , I think it was in the episode 16 thread , I posted after marathoning SnK and paying attention to everything in the anime , anyone that would pay attention and not just "woah , dat hit , whoah super animation" would notice the same thing .
With a fresh memory you can clear out , besides someone approved my point in that thread that the titan its her . Anyone that watches with attention , meaning actually use the brain and not pause the function and just watch like a zombie to it , will come to the same conclusion . But , hey , why do I even bother , I'm just a pain in the ass for everyone for pointing out the obvious .
I dont know about the manga , if its obvious there or not but in the anime is cristal clear .
Aug 18, 2013 4:47 PM

Feb 2011
How did the tongue-biter make it this far. XP

I'd hate to be Eren, because of course he's not going to wanna just watch people die around him in order for himself to be saved, even if it's because of his powers used to save mankind. It's much easier to be wrapped up in the present than to think of some distant future.

It was really hard watching Eren try to make a decision. x_x Also, I feel sorry for the horses. Really liked the flashback.

Very intense episode.
眠れないのは君のせい
Aug 18, 2013 4:50 PM

Jun 2012
I saw my favorite Hanji moment animated

Great episode.
Aug 18, 2013 5:04 PM

Apr 2009
Just trust >_<
Aug 18, 2013 6:06 PM

Mar 2010
Mich666 said:
GomiNoUmi said:
Mich666 said:

And do we really need 24 episodes to get there? o_O

I am really starting to worry cause this waiting is desperate and it becomes boring as more and more questions arise. Beacause in fact, there is hardly any plot to this anime (you can sum up everything into several sentences) and most scenes consists either of main heroes' despair or any character's talking and wondering about origin, behavior and purpose of titans but at the same time they never get any satisfactory answers to their questions.

This really has to be The Lost of anime industry.

Everything that's being happening is part of the plot. Character building and development is also part of the plot.
Aug 18, 2013 6:24 PM

Mar 2013
Nobody commenting about Female titan "I'm Fabulous" Pose when she was captured? XD
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Aug 18, 2013 6:51 PM
Jun 2013
MinaRockz said:
arimpact said:
Always wondered, what happens if his goal is to take a piss and transforms in the middle of it. Does he stop pissing since his dick disappears?

Um..he still has to injure himself beforehand. His injures are cured once he gets out of his titan form. Also Eren now knows the triggers to becoming a titan involves a clear goal, so I don't think that would happen as easily as you're probably imagining.

I'm just hypothesizing for fun, so let me rephrase it for you: I wonder what happens if his goal is to take a piss and transforms in the middle of it because he decided to bite his hand just to see what would happen to the pissing.
arimpactAug 18, 2013 6:55 PM
Aug 18, 2013 6:54 PM
Jan 2013
Rivaille is such a badass.
<3 UR PRETTY KEWL 2 <3
Aug 18, 2013 8:28 PM

May 2013
Nice episode, however relying on nakama power in this anime might not be the best idea...
Aug 18, 2013 8:38 PM

Jan 2010
Disappointing episode for me. I don't think the flashback was the best way to present that information. They could have just done it in real time during a preceding episode and let this episode focus on the present. I guess that wouldn't fit into the plan though.

Getting sick of the repetitive screaming again. While some commenters have pointed out the re-use of imagery, I haven't seen anyone point out that the whole flashback/chase scene felt like a copy of the cannonball scene with everyone screaming 'prove it' and 'I will kill you, for real, just give me a reason'. Levi's quick reaction was interesting. Of course, he did the same thing at the end of the chase as well. Not sure why as it loses its impact if its over-used.

As an aside, thinking of the endless chase through the woods brought the Flintstones to mind, where they would loop the background scenery as Fred and Barney ran away from whatever was chasing them.

Ending was kind of fun. I'm hoping that without a cliffhanger to play to, the next episode might be interesting again. I enjoyed the first three episodes after the break but the last two have relapsed.
Aug 18, 2013 10:19 PM

Jul 2013
Mockman said:
Disappointing episode for me. I don't think the flashback was the best way to present that information. They could have just done it in real time during a preceding episode and let this episode focus on the present. I guess that wouldn't fit into the plan though.

Getting sick of the repetitive screaming again. While some commenters have pointed out the re-use of imagery, I haven't seen anyone point out that the whole flashback/chase scene felt like a copy of the cannonball scene with everyone screaming 'prove it' and 'I will kill you, for real, just give me a reason'. Levi's quick reaction was interesting. Of course, he did the same thing at the end of the chase as well. Not sure why as it loses its impact if its over-used.

As an aside, thinking of the endless chase through the woods brought the Flintstones to mind, where they would loop the background scenery as Fred and Barney ran away from whatever was chasing them.

Ending was kind of fun. I'm hoping that without a cliffhanger to play to, the next episode might be interesting again. I enjoyed the first three episodes after the break but the last two have relapsed.

Not sure how you can present the idea of fear, paranoia and uncertainty without 'repetitive screaming'. I reckon it was used appropriately rather than misused. Besides, as a manga reader, I will just say that as far as the latest chapter goes, there won't be much of it anymore.

They've only done the whole 'prove it or die' screaming lines twice now. I would understand if it was as overused as 'power of nakama' speeches, but its not.

IMO, its probably just you that has been bugged by the scenes rather than anything else.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 19, 2013 2:02 AM

May 2013
I loved the scene when the team turned on Eren and when they bit themselves to show Eren that they will trust him from now on. I don't really know what to think of the slow pacing at times, I enjoy it but it annoys me at the same time. It would've been cool to see Titan Eren fight another Titan that can fight back but he made a good choice in trusting his teammates.
Arete7 said:
The reason why Levi didn't say anything is common sense. Obviously the female Titan is not like Eren and can control her transformation perfectly. Given these circumstances, she probably retains her ability to understand human language.

This
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 19, 2013 2:59 AM

Feb 2012
So Eren can became a Titan only when he has a goal or a motivation, huh. Kinda cliche, but what do you expect from a shounen anime. A good episode though. I'm dying to know who's inside the female Titan. Since I first saw her, I thought she looked like Annie (not only the hair, but also the eyes and overall appearance), so I'm guessing her.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Aug 19, 2013 3:21 AM

May 2007
KingLear said:
So Eren can became a Titan only when he has a goal or a motivation, huh. Kinda cliche, but what do you expect from a shounen anime. A good episode though. I'm dying to know who's inside the female Titan. Since I first saw her, I thought she looked like Annie (not only the hair, but also the eyes and overall appearance), so I'm guessing her.

Seems I'm not the only one who was thinking that xD
“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
Aug 19, 2013 3:52 AM

May 2010
Wooow, loved that episode, probably my favourite so far.
Especially that ending, totally surprised me, and Female Titan's face was just priceless! I guess people might dislike the typical "believe in us!" nakama power, but hell, there aren't many nakama who would point a sword at one of them, prepared to kill him. Besides, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann made nakama power most awesome thing in the world, so why not this series as well?
Levi, y u so awesome, making me want to add you to my favourite characters, damn it. It's all because of Hiroshi Kamiya's voice, geh.
Aug 19, 2013 4:01 AM
Jul 2013
even flashbacks are awesome. WTF, this anime is just...
I wish It could go on and cover all of the manga's material.
It would definitely be successful
Aug 19, 2013 4:39 AM

Sep 2012
End Card is an unexpected pleasant surprise.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 19, 2013 6:53 AM

Feb 2008
Damn, I really like Erwin Smith now. He truly is one crazy bastard. And Female Titan was awesome, yet again. I can't imagine the shock...
Aug 19, 2013 7:02 AM

Nov 2012
okay episode.. XD lol finally that titan get catched.. get ready you TITAN! XD
Aug 19, 2013 8:13 AM

May 2013
Sorry if it was asked before, but can someone please explain to me what the sound blast was for? I got the impression that it was Levi's way to get his comrades to calm down.

Anyway, I liked the ep. The flashback hurt the pace, but it was worth it for the "Believe in us" part (and the ost).
Aug 19, 2013 8:42 AM

Apr 2008
thanna93 said:
Sorry if it was asked before, but can someone please explain to me what the sound blast was for? I got the impression that it was Levi's way to get his comrades to calm down.

Anyway, I liked the ep. The flashback hurt the pace, but it was worth it for the "Believe in us" part (and the ost).

It was probably both that and to let Erwin know that they were coming close to the trap
Aug 19, 2013 8:58 AM

Apr 2013
KingLear said:

What's left is to add a pair of boobs and an "entry" of Mikasa as a motivation and he will go super saiyan GOD Titan.
FluffyFleshAug 19, 2013 9:09 AM
Aug 19, 2013 9:11 AM

Jun 2013
Unchou said:
That was alright.
OST was glorious.
Flashback must've been useful for those anime-only guise.
If you liked the characters next episode is gonna be a great episode for you.

why ... I'm addicted already and went crazy about the next episode but buddy, you make me feel like to transform into titan, can't.wait.any.longer. I won't read the manga before the season ends.
Aug 19, 2013 9:22 AM
Jul 2013
unameesan said:
Unchou said:
That was alright.
OST was glorious.

why ... I'm addicted already and went crazy about the next episode but buddy, you make me feel like to transform into titan, can't.wait.any.longer. I won't read the manga before the season ends.

You know you can't fight the urge. c:<

*smug fais*
Aug 19, 2013 9:33 AM

Jan 2012
f*ck [gg] is too slow.
don't matter... watched it first to avoid spoilers...

damn at last they have surprise up their sleeve
Aug 19, 2013 9:36 AM

Jun 2013
Xinception said:
unameesan said:
Unchou said:
That was alright.
OST was glorious.

You know you can't fight the urge. c:<

*smug fais*

I know right,don't care what other perfectionist people say about this show, just can't stand the enjoyment, dat sensation XD
Aug 19, 2013 10:42 AM
Aug 2013
Episode 20 is going to be badass I think , It probally won't cover 2 chapters, so were not gonna see the epic fight :(

I think that Episode 25 will be the end of Volume 08, chapter 34. Why? because in the opening we saw Eren titan vs Female Titan (round 2) and that appears in chapter 33, so The most logical way to go would be just finishing up that arc, so end it at chapter 34.

Also, episode 19 was the end of chapter 27. If my assumption is correct then that means that there is 7 chapters gonna be divided in 6 episodes. Which is not a lot :(
Aug 19, 2013 10:45 AM
May 2013
^Agree.
+Manga won't fit in 25 episodes.
Aug 19, 2013 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
I liked how a lot of scenes were very similar to the manga, however, it seems Levi is either just less emotional in this episode or maybe it was that the same frame was reused about three times that made it seem that way.
Hanji's awesomely weird as usual.
I'm very excited for episode 20, as there are a lot of scenes I'm excited to see animated.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Aug 19, 2013 11:38 AM

Aug 2013
Mikasa_Ackermann said:
Episode 20 is going to be badass I think , It probally won't cover 2 chapters, so were not gonna see the epic fight :(

I think that Episode 25 will be the end of Volume 08, chapter 34. Why? because in the opening we saw Eren titan vs Female Titan (round 2) and that appears in chapter 33, so The most logical way to go would be just finishing up that arc, so end it at chapter 34.

Also, episode 19 was the end of chapter 27. If my assumption is correct then that means that there is 7 chapters gonna be divided in 6 episodes. Which is not a lot :(

I can't decide whether I want to end on chapter 33 or 34.
Aug 19, 2013 1:55 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa. That was an action packed episode. They captured the female titan! Wow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2013 2:01 PM

Apr 2013
The flashback made me hate levi's squad. Even though understandable, their reaction when Eren half turned into a titan was obnoxious and excessive, especially because they weren't even allowing him to explain himself.
Anyway, looking forward to next week's episode. Hopefully Levi is gonna kick some titan ass...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 19, 2013 2:09 PM
Jul 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
Mikasa_Ackermann said:

I hope they add some extra scenes to the fight between

But, some extra scenes from other characters would be nice too, like how they added Jean's sticky situation in Episode 13 and Connie and Annie had to save him.
Aug 19, 2013 2:57 PM

Sep 2012
Mikasa_Ackermann said:
Episode 20 is going to be badass I think , It probally won't cover 2 chapters,

You should seriously put spoiler tages on this for people who haven't read the manga. Not to be an ass, but it is extremely good courtesy to not ruin it for them.
Aug 19, 2013 4:04 PM
Aug 2013
Katsuro-chan said:
Mikasa_Ackermann said:
Episode 20 is going to be badass I think , It probally won't cover 2 chapters,

You should seriously put spoiler tages on this for people who haven't read the manga. Not to be an ass, but it is extremely good courtesy to not ruin it for them.

Well It's not a huge ass spoiler, I mean most of the people watching the anime only could speculate that Eren vs Female titan would happen sooner or later?
Aug 19, 2013 4:55 PM
Jun 2013
When I saw the ep, I felt somehow Erin's decision to not go titan mode wasn't as convincing as I remembered in the manga, even though the bite marks were a good touch. Then I reread this part in the manga and they actually cut out a monologue of Eren.

It's not really a spoiler considering the anime's past this point but I guess just in case.

Personally I think this monologue would also have made the upcoming eps more meaningful as well but I guess the director thought it was more important to end eps at cliffhangers.

I don't mind slow eps with filler content like Trost but skipping things from the manga and rushing does bother me a bit..
Aug 19, 2013 5:57 PM
Jul 2013
arimpact said:
When I saw the ep, I felt somehow Erin's decision to not go titan mode wasn't as convincing as I remembered in the manga, even though the bite marks were a good touch. Then I reread this part in the manga and they actually cut out a monologue of Eren.

It's not really a spoiler considering the anime's past this point but I guess just in case.

Personally I think this monologue would also have made the upcoming eps more meaningful as well but I guess the director thought it was more important to end eps at cliffhangers.

I don't mind slow eps with filler content like Trost but skipping things from the manga and rushing does bother me a bit..
\

That monologue would have been so good, it would have shut the Eren-haters for a while :(.

And also, Imma quote myself, just because I'm in that mood.

Xinception said:
ErenxMikasa said:
Mikasa_Ackermann said:

I hope they add some extra scenes to the fight between

But, some extra scenes from other characters would be nice too, like how they added Jean's sticky situation in Episode 13 and Connie and Annie had to save him.
Aug 19, 2013 6:07 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode! A little slow, but I don't mind.
SoliiaAug 19, 2013 6:10 PM
Aug 19, 2013 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
arimpact said:

Oh man I totally forgot about that, yeah that's terrible that they skipped over that.
Aug 19, 2013 10:25 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 20 is going to be 2 chapters like this one.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.