Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2012
The salute in uniform looks cool...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 28, 2013 10:09 AM

Jan 2012
i thought thered be some whining about it being boring so im happy to see that everyone liked this episode as much as i did. despite the fact that less happened in this than the past few episodes, i think it was way better cause of the character development. the series needs ups and downs, sustained epicness would burn viewers out and eventually become boring, and i think this episode brought that introspection and "calm before the storm" emotion perfectly.

jean is turning into a surprising favourite. i actually teared up a little when he started crying by the bonfire. him and annie are def the most realistic/well rounded characters in the series for me
Jul 28, 2013 10:16 AM
Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
askthis said:
Dizzee said:
Aww man can't believe only 9 episodes left, feels like it started airing couple of weeks ago. Wonder If It'll take a few years for another season. I don't want this to end :(, great episode BTW.

It won't take years to a second season imo,its selling good.

It's a monthly series so it might.

ya based on the amount of manga material it covers in season 1, and where the manga is right now, and all the planning that has to go into an anime, don't expect season 2 for at least a few years.
Jul 28, 2013 10:17 AM
Jan 2012
Overrated and full of meaningless pathos.
From the beginning it was cool (up to episode 9 i rated it 10/10), but now it is terrible and annoying. Highly overrated show.
Jul 28, 2013 10:17 AM

Mar 2012
Poor Potato Girl. She looks like she's going to be a mental wreck after all of this.
Jul 28, 2013 10:18 AM

May 2010
so the gang is back together -2 tho, now the wait begins
Jul 28, 2013 10:21 AM
Jun 2013
ArufeimKirra said:
jugann said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. From what I've remembered from the manga, dat scene was not there. Foreshadowing, perhaps?

right here my friend.

Also i kinda wish they kept the 20 years to break supply route part. Even if it was exaggerated it was impactful imo to how bad the situation is, make it 10 years instead like how they changed the mortality % or something.
Jul 28, 2013 10:30 AM
Jun 2013
Amarrez said:
wzrd said:
What ever happened to the fork scene?

Unless it hasn't happened yet in the story..

You mean the spoon scene?

It happens in a flashback in the manga, so we'll still get it. Probably.

I do wonder if they will stick the same timeline in the anime as they did the manga. Because the flash back is pretty long, and it happens at a very intense part of the story. So in anime form i almost feel like it will be too distracting.
Jul 28, 2013 10:51 AM

Jan 2013
haha Mikasa called Rivaille chibi XD

great episode :D can't wait for next :3
Jul 28, 2013 10:52 AM

Jul 2013
arimpact said:
ArufeimKirra said:
jugann said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. From what I've remembered from the manga, dat scene was not there. Foreshadowing, perhaps?

right here my friend.

Also i kinda wish they kept the 20 years to break supply route part. Even if it was exaggerated it was impactful imo to how bad the situation is, make it 10 years instead like how they changed the mortality % or something.

Okay, I didn't recognized it was Bertholdt because of how it was poorly drawn in the manga. Now it all makes sense. Thanks for the link.

unknownp123 said:
From the beginning it was cool (up to episode 9 i rated it 10/10), but now it is terrible and annoying. Highly overrated show.

I love this series for the feels and emotions it portrays but I'm afraid a little amount of me agrees with you. The Trost episodes' pacing were all terribly stretched out probably because of a bigger amount of screen time used to those pathos, annoying us a bit but it isn't necessarily a bad anime...or...overrated show if that's what you want to call this show with. It still has the gas left to be counted as an interesting show and hopefully this new upcoming arc makes up for all the problems the former arc had.

I hope next episode would give us the same hypeness, thrillness and excitement we've felt during the pilot episodes. I hope because it kinda felt like sex to me *winks
HachiKirraJul 28, 2013 11:04 AM
Jul 28, 2013 11:02 AM

Apr 2008
unknownp123 said:

Polly wants a cracker?
Jul 28, 2013 11:08 AM

Dec 2012
This episode was the best one yet in term of pacing and atmosphere. I begin to think that the anime truly shines when it adds scenes not from the manga. This allows for more character's build up as well as creates appropriate hints that help anime watchers follow what is happening more clearly than manga readers.

One more thing is that the use of symbolism and flashbacks in this anime is pretty abundant. While they create epic feeling, and remind viewers of hopelessness, too much of them can make drag down pacing and make the anime seem pretentious. I just hope the director replace some of those scenes with more anime's original character interactions and world building.
Jul 28, 2013 11:10 AM

Feb 2009
All that join the Recon Corp are brave indeed, I wouldn't have done the same. My answer to the Ewin's speech would have been "Humanity can go ahead and fuck itself, ain't going to get myself eaten by a titan if I don't have to." just like the other bunch of coward who left.

Awesome episode coming in 5...4...3....2...
Jul 28, 2013 11:51 AM

Jun 2009
Why do they have to wear a cape? I mean it's understandable inside the city to distinguish soldiers but I don't see the point of wearing it during expedition.

Wearing it gives off a possibility of a Titan grabbing it during mid air grappling and after that it's over.
Jul 28, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
Guys, am I the only that prefers Erwin over Levi?

Epic episode, one of my favorites, honestly. I liked how the pathos was mixed in the scenes, also the choice of joining different squads reminds me, when I had to choose which school I wanted to attend, with the same "death" factor in it.

I'm looking forward to see that hot Titan lady in action.

Darklight0303 said:
CandyRat said:
Yay! It's out! I didn't like that speech though, Erwin should have just made joining sound like the most awesome thing on Earth.

Yes I am sure that would make it so that the moment the truth hits them they would totally not break down at the lie they were told. =_=

This.

unknownp123 said:

AkanezoraJul 28, 2013 12:25 PM
Jul 28, 2013 12:18 PM

Dec 2008
Too bad about Marco's death. Next episode looks packed with action.
Jul 28, 2013 12:43 PM

Oct 2010
I'd much rather have these kinds of episodes than flashback-laden action. The story is advancing at a fine pace, unlike the 2nd half of Trost.
Jul 28, 2013 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
I was liking the first half of this episode a lot, but I felt it dragged on far too long without any meaningful bits. There are moments of greatness in this anime, but it's been largely inconsistent so far. Such an awesome premise, I want to like the plot but it's not happening yet. -.-
Jul 28, 2013 12:52 PM

Apr 2013
unknownp123 said:
yeah you should keep your post count to a minimum.
Jul 28, 2013 12:57 PM
Jul 2013
Dcmac12 said:
I was liking the first half of this episode a lot, but I felt it dragged on far too long without any meaningful bits. There are moments of greatness in this anime, but it's been largely inconsistent so far. Such an awesome premise, I want to like the plot but it's not happening yet. -.-

People need to understand this is a (on going) manga adaptation, the plot is not meant to fit a 25 episode series. There will be a second season.
For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers.
Jul 28, 2013 1:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A good episode. Jean just might be the best developed, most sympathetic character in this entire series. I really hope he doesn't die anytime soon since he makes it a better show.

Erwin Smith could really learn a thing or two about motivating the troops with a speech from Commander Pixis. He scared the shit out of everyone there and was left with few cadets (admitedly that might have been the point).

I loved MIkasa's worrying over Eren! The bit about beating up "chibi" was hilarious. Although she probably won't get Eren to fall in love with her by behaving like a concerned mother.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 28, 2013 1:10 PM

Apr 2010
Marzan said:
Erwin Smith could really learn a thing or two about motivating the troops with a speech from Commander Pixis. He scared the shit out of everyone there and was left with few cadets (admitedly that might have been the point).

That was indeed the point, but there was also something very important in that speech, that Armin alluded to.
Jul 28, 2013 2:02 PM

Nov 2012
just watched the sub version couple hours ago.. :3
not bad episode..
I see these guys joining recon corps XD damn it is gonna be awesome! XD

and in the next episode.. woman titan XD
Jul 28, 2013 2:07 PM

Jun 2011
-Quasar said:
Why do they have to wear a cape? I mean it's understandable inside the city to distinguish soldiers but I don't see the point of wearing it during expedition.

Wearing it gives off a possibility of a Titan grabbing it during mid air grappling and after that it's over.

Because it looks cool.

Jul 28, 2013 2:12 PM

Feb 2013
The feels were strong with this episode, trainees had to make tough decisions but Im glad a lot of them joined the survey corps, get emblem anyway. And those kids watching them before they set out on their mission was so reminiscent of episode 1 b4 all the fighting started.

Next week, an "intelligent titan" appears, it looked whiter than the others like it had something other than muscle but idk. I would like to see some Eren vs. Smart Titan but I doubt it will happen with so many soldiers that would be in danger
[/url]
Jul 28, 2013 2:15 PM

Jul 2010
SolBlade said:
-Quasar said:

Because it looks cool.

I would join the scouting legion, only for that badass cape.
Jul 28, 2013 2:15 PM

Feb 2013
SolBlade said:
-Quasar said:

Because it looks cool.

You could say its because since they are outside the walls a lot and dont always have a lot of cover, they have the hoods/capes to protect them from the elements and they are easy to remove if needed, but its pretty much because they are cool lol
[/url]
Jul 28, 2013 2:20 PM

Nov 2012
Akanezora said:
SolBlade said:
-Quasar said:

Because it looks cool.

I would join the scouting legion, only for that badass cape.

LOL XD true shit! XD
Jul 28, 2013 2:54 PM

May 2009
While Mikasa as a character continues to frustrate me, Jean remains the best developed one. I seriously prefer him over the whole cast, actually.

As for the next episode...Annie refuses to join the Survey Corps and then a blonde female titan appears? I guess they don't want to make such a fuss about it, but still...when the female titan appeared on the opening, I, as an anime-only viewer, wouldn't exactly point my finger at Annie. But now, I can say for sure it's her and I wish they could have made it less obvious.
Jul 28, 2013 2:58 PM

Oct 2012
Just saw the episode now. Yeah, It was a pretty good episode and I liked the use of the OST however next week is what I'm really looking forward to. FT arc is going to be amazing!
Jul 28, 2013 3:19 PM

Sep 2010
SupaNiper said:
I would suck a dick for that Cape... Anybody here that got a cape like that?

I'm pretty sure you can buy a cosplay version of this cape xD
Or make one yourself
Jul 28, 2013 3:26 PM

Nov 2012
Very good .

Jul 28, 2013 3:48 PM

Apr 2009
how has the score not gone up?

its just got better every episode
Jul 28, 2013 3:50 PM

Apr 2008
Calumz said:
how has the score not gone up?

its just got better every episode

Action junkies. Luckily that should work in SNK's favor starting from the next episode.
Jul 28, 2013 5:06 PM

Jan 2012
I'm actually starting to respect Jean more now, the way he thinks has more mean and sense into it, by what kind of reason to die and live for. Mikasas was pretty scary in this episodes :/
Jul 28, 2013 5:39 PM

Sep 2011
So.. why annie didn't join the scouting legion?.. I think I missed something o.o
Jul 28, 2013 5:47 PM

Apr 2013
shin-angel said:
So.. why annie didn't join the scouting legion?.. I think I missed something o.o
she wants to stay alive [.............]
Jul 28, 2013 5:49 PM

Apr 2012
shin-angel said:

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jul 28, 2013 6:00 PM

Mar 2012
shin-angel said:

It'll be explained. Just wait for it.
Jul 28, 2013 6:49 PM

Aug 2008
To think I got to wait another week for the next episode. Of course waiting a month for manga chapters is worse but still... the waaaaiiit.
Jul 28, 2013 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
I'm loving how accurate this is compared to the manga. The next few episodes are going to be action-packed for sure.
Jul 28, 2013 8:11 PM

Dec 2011
Jean shined in this episode. He just stole the show! Hahaha. Finally the expedition starts!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2013 8:24 PM

Jul 2013
Javera said:
I'm loving how accurate this is compared to the manga. The next few episodes are going to be action-packed for sure.

I hope so....
Jul 28, 2013 8:41 PM

Mar 2013
Killer58 said:
Javera said:

I hope so....

It is. Trust us.

Action junkiies who haven't read the manga are going to need lotion for the next few episodes.
KvshiJul 28, 2013 8:44 PM
Jul 28, 2013 8:52 PM

Apr 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Better strap yourselves in cause this ride is gonna be rough!

i'm hella ready lol but your right shiz is gonna go down
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Jul 28, 2013 9:07 PM

Sep 2012
That was one of the better episodes. Joining the Survey Corps is a big deal, a huge turning point. And we see the main characters come true. Glad they didn't rush it. And glad they toned down Erwin's speech lol, always thought the survival rate after everyone joined was a little high, using his stats in the manga.

Jean was amazing, and laying the pressure on Eren was completely understandable.

Jul 28, 2013 9:14 PM

Sep 2012
F.F.F.F.F.F.F.F..F.F.FUH...FUH...FUUUUUUH...F E M A L E T I T A N !?
*faints*
Jul 28, 2013 10:09 PM
Dec 2010
So Marco wants to join the Scouting Legion eh? XD
Jul 28, 2013 10:10 PM
Feb 2009
omg nextt weeek
Jul 28, 2013 10:18 PM
May 2013
my favorite show and manga
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.