Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2013 3:32 AM

Apr 2008
Arete7 said:
Darklight0303 said:
Arete7 said:
Pretty lame episode, the plot literally advanced by like a centimeter. and it wasn't even because of character development. Whole 25 minutes just showing bunch of no names joining recon corps, hope they actually do something after this then.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic =_=

Sorry but not going to rate every episode 5/5 because i like the show. Episode felt like a filler, thats how bad it was.

Those characters were anything but nameless. That's the part I am hoping you were being sarcastic about. Jean isn't nameless, Armin isn't nameless, Mikasa isn't nameless. Ryner Bertholdt Ymir Christa connie and last but not least Sasha. NONE of those are nameless and some are actually crucial to the plot.
Darklight0303Jul 28, 2013 3:35 AM
Jul 28, 2013 3:38 AM

Feb 2011
Oh my god , after last week's disappointment , it's getting epic once again , way to go.

The OST was so amazing , and so was the animation. Can't wait for the next episode damn...
Jul 28, 2013 4:10 AM

Jan 2013
WINGS OF FREEDOM AHHH SO EPIC
Jul 28, 2013 4:32 AM

Dec 2012
To all snk mangareaders out there...
Have the "what's in the basement thing" figured out already in the manga, or are they still struggling on trying to reach there?
Also, do you think the anime will cover up to it?
Dont forget to use spoiler tags for this one ;)
Jul 28, 2013 4:35 AM

Apr 2008
SoScary said:
To all snk mangareaders out there...
Have the "what's in the basement thing" figured out already in the manga, or are they still struggling on trying to reach there?
Also, do you think the anime will cover up to it?
Dont forget to use spoiler tags for this one ;)

No and no.
Jul 28, 2013 4:42 AM

Jun 2008
Aww man can't believe only 9 episodes left, feels like it started airing couple of weeks ago. Wonder If It'll take a few years for another season. I don't want this to end :(, great episode BTW.
Jul 28, 2013 4:48 AM

Dec 2008
Dizzee said:
Aww man can't believe only 9 episodes left, feels like it started airing couple of weeks ago. Wonder If It'll take a few years for another season. I don't want this to end :(, great episode BTW.

It won't take years to a second season imo,its selling good.
Jul 28, 2013 4:49 AM

Apr 2008
askthis said:
Dizzee said:

It's a monthly series so it might.
Jul 28, 2013 4:50 AM

Mar 2010
Wisely said by Sir.Erwin!
this episode is sad but quite cool and awesome ! T____T
feel sorry for Marco , and Annie ...the only top 10 that chose to join the polices..But I'm sure she have a very important role there , soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2013 4:54 AM
Jul 2013
Great episode.

Didn't they change Irwin's speech ? From what I remember it was more blunt.
For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers.
Jul 28, 2013 4:54 AM

Apr 2010
I still love those moments between Eren and Levi, Mikasa seems dead jealous somehow which is amusing.

Ah the things Erwin said, he really held a powerful speech, in fact he's fit for the role of the commander.

Though now we'll encounter a female titan? possesses intelligence? I guess the next episode will be epic!!

I can hardly wait, this bittersweet torture until the next episode!
Jul 28, 2013 4:55 AM

Jul 2013
Jinkuro said:
Great episode.

Didn't they change Irwin's speech ? From what I remember it was more blunt.

Maybe because the original speech is overly exaggerated?
Jul 28, 2013 4:56 AM

Jan 2012
Nice episode!! Next episode is where the FT arc starts to kick in, can't wait!! XD
Felt sorry for Jean this episode, seriously, he really does have great character development.
Jul 28, 2013 4:57 AM

Jul 2013
jugann said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. From what I've remembered from the manga, dat scene was not there. Foreshadowing, perhaps?
Jul 28, 2013 5:06 AM

Jun 2011
Huge development for Jean and the others..
i really liked this episode and THAT PREVIEW.. fuck YEAH!
5/5
Jul 28, 2013 5:12 AM

Aug 2012
Are we going to see Annie again? I miss her already :(
Jul 28, 2013 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episode. Judging by the preview, next episode is going to be awesome.

I'm also starting to like the opening more and more.
Jul 28, 2013 5:22 AM

Apr 2011
Hades_III said:

Go watch the first one and say that again.
Jul 28, 2013 5:26 AM

Mar 2012
Now begins the best part of manga. Hope the animation will be on par to the amazing action scenes.

Sit tight.
Jul 28, 2013 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
ElectrikalChaoz said:
Hades_III said:

Go watch the first one and say that again.

You must be one of those people that think if one opening is good then the other one must be shit. I didn't say I think the second is better than the first, I said I'm starting to like the second more and more.
Jul 28, 2013 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
LMAO only 15 people joined the Survey Corps :S
Jul 28, 2013 5:55 AM

Jul 2013
I thought Eren would react more to actually being outside the walls to be honest. Maybe next episode?

I mean it has always been something he had longed for (other than anhiliating all of the Titans, of course), to be outside of wall Maria (before it got taken over).

It would be cool to see Eren's human side every now and then :P
Jul 28, 2013 5:57 AM

Apr 2008
Greb said:
I thought Eren would react more to actually being outside the walls to be honest. Maybe next episode?

I mean it has always been something he had longed for (other than anhiliating all of the Titans, of course), to be outside of wall Maria (before it got taken over).

He probably would if not for the HUGE amount of pressure on him to succeed in this operation
Jul 28, 2013 6:00 AM
Jun 2013
Oh my goodness I swear I'm getting more and more addicted to SNK every week.
Jul 28, 2013 6:01 AM

Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:
askthis said:
Dizzee said:

If I had to make a guesstimate, I'd say it'll be between a year to a 1 1/2 years before we see a sequel.

Judging by what we're seeing with the anime so far, we're at Chapter 22 and the series will probably end at around Chapter 33-34. With there being 47 chapters at the moment, I can assume there will be 49, maybe 50 chapters done by the time the anime finishes. Assuming it does end around chapter 33-34, It'll need a year to get up to 62 completed Chapters...meaning they can probably have enough content to start working on a 2nd season about a year from now. I'm also willing to bet that they'll do the same thing they did with this season...not complete it in full, but rather work on it during the series run.

I think the biggest problem this series is going to run into is not this season, but next season. Right now, the manga isn't even remotely close to concluding. I highly doubt they'll have this manga wrapped up by Chapter 62. Simply put, we would probably have to wait a really, REALLY long time for a 3rd season. Maybe even a few years after the 2nd season finishes before there's enough content to make a 3rd season.
Jul 28, 2013 6:10 AM
Jul 2013
Greb said:

They just go outside the wall rose, which means they are still inside the wall Maria.
Jul 28, 2013 6:32 AM

Jun 2010
Holy shit epic episode. I felt like it was better than the original chapters. That face that Erwin made at the end. Wooohoo.

The last few episodes were pretty lackluster compared to the first cour but this is where it begins! Epicness awaits.
Jul 28, 2013 6:38 AM

May 2013
Omg i can't wait for the next episode !

I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don’t hesitate to call.
Jul 28, 2013 6:55 AM

Jul 2013
Cabron said:
Mz92TheU said:
I'm speechless, Jean was deep, his scream in the induction ceremony was epic, Erwin's speech was intense, everyone of the main Trainee characters faced their fears and decided to join the Scouting Legion, from Jean to Connie, and Sasha, very brave! well yeah, except Annie who went to the Military Police. And the last scene when those two kids were watching the Scouting Legion and Eren noticed them and smiled, it reminded me of when Eren was little and his dream was to join the Scouting Legion.
And of course RIP Marco, being reminded about his death made me sad...
It's going to be intense, and exciting! Wings of Freedom LET'S GO!!!!!!!
This.

Dem feels watching this episode.
And Jean my bro, pulled through.
Not just him though.
I lol'd @ the part when Mikasa is telling Eren, that she's going to beat the crap out of Levi, good luck with that.

Overall, enjoyable episode.

Yes!!! goosebumps from the beginning of the episode to the end of it! the last scene got me hyped!!!!!!!!!

Jul 28, 2013 7:10 AM
May 2013
askthis said:
Dizzee said:

Anime adaption this year (2013), live-action in 2014, then maybe we could get a continuation of the anime in 2015 (a guess).
Jul 28, 2013 7:21 AM

Dec 2012
Toucanbird said:
Darklight0303 said:
askthis said:
Dizzee said:

If I had to make a guesstimate, I'd say it'll be between a year to a 1 1/2 years before we see a sequel.

Judging by what we're seeing with the anime so far, we're at Chapter 22 and the series will probably end at around Chapter 33-34. With there being 47 chapters at the moment, I can assume there will be 49, maybe 50 chapters done by the time the anime finishes. Assuming it does end around chapter 33-34, It'll need a year to get up to 62 completed Chapters...meaning they can probably have enough content to start working on a 2nd season about a year from now. I'm also willing to bet that they'll do the same thing they did with this season...not complete it in full, but rather work on it during the series run.

I think the biggest problem this series is going to run into is not this season, but next season. Right now, the manga isn't even remotely close to concluding. I highly doubt they'll have this manga wrapped up by Chapter 62. Simply put, we would probably have to wait a really, REALLY long time for a 3rd season. Maybe even a few years after the 2nd season finishes before there's enough content to make a 3rd season.

Agree. There's no even point to adapt the chapters we have now unless the Utgardt events are not concluded. One possibility is to rush the story (which I would dislike), another - to offer a semi-original cliffhanger for wrapping season 2 at 13 episode max.
Otherwise, there will be more than two years before the manga progresses for another 24 episode count and it's hard to predict how the story will go even then.
Jul 28, 2013 7:24 AM

Feb 2011
Pretty good episode. Can't wait for the next episode though!

Jul 28, 2013 7:28 AM

Jul 2013
zellami said:

Agree. There's no even point to adapt the chapters we have now unless the Utgardt events are not concluded. One possibility is to rush the story (which I would dislike), another - to offer a semi-original cliffhanger for wrapping season 2 at 13 episode max.
Otherwise, there will be more than two years before the manga progresses for another 24 episode count and it's hard to predict how the story will go even then.
There might be a long arc ahead, we don't even know how long the current arc would last so that would make it a bit tricky for the next season.

Jul 28, 2013 7:31 AM

Jul 2010
Did more people actually join the Scouting Legion than there was in the manga? I was under the impression that the main characters minus Annie and Marco were the only ones who did.
darthfantaJul 28, 2013 7:40 AM

Jul 28, 2013 7:32 AM

Dec 2009
Good episode. Less action works so much better.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 28, 2013 7:37 AM

Dec 2012
Re: EasyGo-er

Uhu!

Hopefully, volume 12 would wrap things a bit, and there will be volumes 8-ish-9 to 12 for adaptation.
If Wit continues to work after volume 8, then fall next year might be a possibility for season 2. But that depends on how much distance b/w the manga and the anime adaptation they want to keep, and they really have to work like crazy to pull it off that soon. So, maybe (season 1) Spring 2013 - Spring 2015 for season 2 is a bit more realistic.
zellamiJul 28, 2013 7:50 AM
Jul 28, 2013 7:39 AM

May 2013
darthfanta said:
Did more people actually join the Scouting Legion than in the manga? I was under the impression that the main characters minus Annie and Marco were the only ones who did.

In the manga 21 people join the Scouting Legion
Daw11Jul 28, 2013 7:44 AM
Jul 28, 2013 7:43 AM

Dec 2012
Yes, finally getting that epic feeling that disappeared midway through the first arc
Jul 28, 2013 7:43 AM
Jul 2013
What is the name of the OST/Song after piano piece, right after when Irvin Smith does the Salute?
Jul 28, 2013 7:52 AM

Jul 2012
What ever happened to the fork scene?

Unless it hasn't happened yet in the story..
Jul 28, 2013 7:56 AM

Apr 2009
wzrd said:
What ever happened to the fork scene?

Unless it hasn't happened yet in the story..

You mean the spoon scene?

It happens in a flashback in the manga, so we'll still get it. Probably.
Jul 28, 2013 7:57 AM

Dec 2012
I'm starting to get real emotional over this series now jfc I swear if anyone dies in the next episode I'm done.

And no recap? Maybe they've finally stopped them after 15 episodes hahaha
Jul 28, 2013 7:59 AM

Apr 2010
Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, wasn't there a scene in the manga during their training days arc where Marco explained that his fighting style was to serve a support role to his friends? That scene was what made me like his character so much, but so far the anime hasn't shown it and to me it diminished the impact of his death this episode.

ArufeimKirra said:
jugann said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. From what I've remembered from the manga, dat scene was not there. Foreshadowing, perhaps?

The scene was there in the manga, but was very subtle and in the background. The anime really played up the scene though.
Jul 28, 2013 8:45 AM

Jul 2010
I actually really liked this episode. :) It had this suspenseful, epic feel to it. Can't wait for next episode, it's got to be good. Finally we get some girl Titans, and they're 'intelligent'. ;) hehehe.
Jul 28, 2013 8:45 AM

Sep 2009
omg.. there's a female titan that possesses intelligence!!! O.O
Jul 28, 2013 8:49 AM

Jun 2013
Epic episode didn't expect all of them to join survey corps
Jul 28, 2013 9:15 AM

Mar 2010
I love this episode. :3
Jul 28, 2013 9:36 AM
Jan 2011
RIP Marco, so who's next on the Titian's menu?
Jul 28, 2013 9:40 AM

May 2012
Argh the OST to this Episode was amazing, bit slow but still the scene with all of them walking away, putting on the Wings of Freedom bit & then the end bit with the Commanders face aaaaaaaaaawww so good. & Poor Marco ; 3 ; & Jean obviously.
Jul 28, 2013 9:48 AM
Jun 2013
zellami said:

The right bottom corner? I think it's Eren. Well, at least I thought it was him - the hair doesn't look like Mikasa's. Agree for Sasha in the middle, but oh well, case in point - the 104th Training Corps fellows. Connects nicely with Riko's extras, when they were running on the wall, and she was beating sense into Eren what failing his mission means - the death of her fellow soldiers she had shared a lifetime with in the Garrison.

No right corner should be Sasha, and middle is some random guy. This scene specifically is focused on the fear of titans felt by sasha connie and Jean so it make sense that it's them. Also it can't be Eren because in their minds he's already immortal, and misaka's not falling to titan that easily. But mainly my point is derived for who the scene's focused on at the time.
arimpactJul 28, 2013 10:26 AM
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.