Forum Settings
Forums

Football (Soccer) thread of the 2013-14 season

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (52) « First ... « 39 40 [41] 42 43 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2014 10:08 AM

Jan 2014
Dangit...I wonder what will happen The Genius Moyes now... Which lucky team will get his service next time...In Moyes We Trust!!!

But seriously though, I think that the club, especially the fans, were being too harsh on him..it's his first season, they should give him another chance to repair the damage next season. If it's still the same next season, then you should sack him for sure.. and you should know that more and more teams are getting stronger in the BPL..
Apr 22, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2010
I hope Moyes gets back into management over the summer, gotta salvage that tarnished name. I do like the guy.

I think he could end up at Newcastle or West Ham type side. Although west Ham probably have a superior manager atm and Moyes wouldn't make a massive improvement to their style of play. If Norwich stay up I wonder if McNally would be interested to make a call, not that we could afford him.
Apr 22, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2009
Damn, Cech is out. Quite a blow for Chelsea, he is one of the best keepers in the world.
Apr 22, 2014 12:08 PM

Apr 2011
grandy_UiD said:
Damn, Cech is out. Quite a blow for Chelsea, he is one of the best keepers in the world.

I wonder how long he'll be out for. This could heavily affect the game on Sunday.
Apr 22, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
The game's so boring..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 22, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2012
Torres is shit.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 22, 2014 12:38 PM

Jun 2009
skyzblue said:
The game's so boring..

It's Mourinho's Chelsea facing a presumably stronger opponent. What did you expect?
Apr 22, 2014 12:50 PM

Aug 2012
grandy_UiD said:
skyzblue said:
The game's so boring..

It's Mourinho's Chelsea facing a presumably stronger opponent. What did you expect?

He could not have picked a more defensive side
Apr 22, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
grandy_UiD said:
skyzblue said:
The game's so boring..

It's Mourinho.
I obviously expect '22nd century' football.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 22, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2011
And now, Terry's out (ankle injury). The game vs Liverpool at Anfield seems to be slipping further and further away from Chelsea....... good for us. Bad for Chelsea, though. They can't afford to concede a goal and all these injuries at defense.
Apr 22, 2014 1:45 PM

Mar 2012
Poor Terry. That looked like it hurt.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 22, 2014 1:46 PM

Jun 2009
Eh, can someone remind me why I even bothered (half) watching this game in the first place?

I'd say the result slightly favors Athletico, if they manage to score next week (gonna be hard as hell) they have a decent chance at going to the final. I hope they make it.
Apr 22, 2014 1:48 PM
Mar 2011
yhunata said:
And now, Terry's out (ankle injury). The game vs Liverpool at Anfield seems to be slipping further and further away from Chelsea....... good for us. Bad for Chelsea, though. They can't afford to concede a goal and all these injuries at defense.

the Legue if Liverpool's to lose if these do not loose
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 22, 2014 2:00 PM

Aug 2012
Cech out for the Liverpool game too with a dislocated shoulder
Apr 22, 2014 2:07 PM

Oct 2013
Died of boredom.
Apr 22, 2014 8:35 PM

Apr 2014
Can't believe I wasted 2 hours of sleep on such boring shit. Talk about parking the bus. Well but today's match is gonna be awesome. News is that bale didn't train on monday. Hope that he'll be fit and also hope that CR7 will return to the starting line up.
Apr 22, 2014 10:57 PM

Apr 2011
So it's confirmed..... no Cech and no Terry for Sunday and likely no Hazard either. And it's probably mind games, but Mourinho has said that he's gonna rest players on Sunday. I suppose Chelsea losing on Sunday is a safe bet, then?
Apr 23, 2014 12:56 PM

Mar 2012
I just tuned in. How was Real's goal?
LoneWolf said:
Apr 23, 2014 1:35 PM

Mar 2012
Hahhaha at Muller. What a joker.

Well done, Madrid.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 23, 2014 1:46 PM

Jun 2009
Terrible, TERRIBLE performance by Bayern's offense. Seems like Guardiola's playstyle has been seen through after all. Not all is lost yet but I highly think Real will go to the final. They deserved today's win anyway.

It's incredibly disappointing to see Bayern completely fall apart at exactly the time of the season when it counts. At this rate they will not only concede to Real but also lose the cup final against Dortmund, leaving us with "only" the Bundesliga championship.
Apr 23, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2011
You see, this is why I hate "possession-based" football. You pass, you pass, you pass, you pass and what? Keeping possession's not gonna win you the game. One of the most boring football styles to have ever been created.
Apr 23, 2014 2:36 PM

Oct 2013
Too funny, Pep. Bayern had 80% possession at one point. Let's not forget 3:15corners. But in the end, one fast counterattack was enough to slap Bayern lel. Still, losing 1:0 in Bernabeu is no shame. I still believe that Bayern will make it.
V0ltgApr 23, 2014 4:02 PM
Apr 23, 2014 10:50 PM

Apr 2014
Good performance by los blancos. Could've won the game 2:0 or maybe 3:0. Oh well it is an advantage be it a slender one. Hope we get a similar performance in munich as well. Btw having the ball doesn't garuntee you results as illustated by bayern. But we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves here Bayern are dangerous at home. Hope we put up a good show and go through to the finals. Hala madrid!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 24, 2014 1:38 AM

Oct 2010
yhunata said:
You see, this is why I hate "possession-based" football. You pass, you pass, you pass, you pass and what? Keeping possession's not gonna win you the game. One of the most boring football styles to have ever been created.

Yeah, because parking the bus is far more exciting to watch.
Apr 24, 2014 1:50 AM

Apr 2014
spyrocoot said:
yhunata said:

So you think that there's only two ways to play football. Either park the bus or possession style of football. And if a team does not have enough of the ball then you call it parking the bus ,lol,not everyone is chelsea . I bet you have never seen dortmund play or do you think they also park the bus. Not that I have anything against the possession brand of football but there are other ways to play football as well.
Apr 24, 2014 2:02 AM

Apr 2011
spyrocoot said:
yhunata said:

Yes, it's more fun to watch if it's combined with fast-flowing counter-attacks like Real Madrid did last night. And what Romeo said.
Apr 24, 2014 2:25 AM
Dec 2013
Proud of the boys, Knew we could pull it off!
HALA MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 24, 2014 2:35 AM

Nov 2011
ScazoN said:

Bit early to be saying that
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Apr 24, 2014 2:36 AM

Oct 2010
RomeoXD said:
So you think that there's only two ways to play football. Either park the bus or possession style of football. And if a team does not have enough of the ball then you call it parking the bus ,lol,not everyone is chelsea . I bet you have never seen dortmund play or do you think they also park the bus. Not that I have anything against the possession brand of football but there are other ways to play football as well.

Pretty much every team parks the bus when it comes to the Barcelona of old or Bayern under Pep. It's extremely negative and I don't see the appeal in it that you or yhunata do. Remember Inter Milan vs Barca in the semi finals a couple of years ago? Or Chelsea vs Munich in the final two years ago?

I watch Dortmund play fairly regularly, actually. I wouldn't say Dortmund park the bus, but they're still boring. Their fans and management make up for it, though. That's how a club should be run, unlike Real Madrid that splashes out on all of the best players instead of bringing in their own talent.

Maybe I'm just biased against counterattacking sides like Madrid or Inter Milan under Mourinho, but give me Barca or Bayern under Pep any day of the week.

BTW, aren't you a Madrid supporter? Out of interest, how many games have you been to?
Apr 24, 2014 2:42 AM

Apr 2014
Any Liverpool Supporter?.......Cause Finally Chances of Premier League..........
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
Apr 24, 2014 3:24 AM

Apr 2011
ryuushogi said:
Any Liverpool Supporter?.......Cause Finally Chances of Premier League..........

I'd say the most fans of a single club I've seen in this thread has been Liverpool fans.... myself included, of course.

spyrocoot said:
Pretty much every team parks the bus when it comes to the Barcelona of old or Bayern under Pep. It's extremely negative and I don't see the appeal in it that you or yhunata do. Remember Inter Milan vs Barca in the semi finals a couple of years ago? Or Chelsea vs Munich in the final two years ago?

Did you miss something? Here, let me remind you:
yhunata said:
Yes, it's more fun to watch if it's combined with fast-flowing counter-attacks like Real Madrid did last night. And what Romeo said.

IMO, Liverpool's style is the most entertaining style to me. Fix up their defense a little and I'd say they'll be playing the most entertaining style created.... from what I've seen at least.
Apr 24, 2014 3:39 AM
Dec 2013
earnshaw30 said:
ScazoN said:

Bit early to be saying that

2nd Leg is ours.(hopefully)
Apr 24, 2014 3:40 AM

Oct 2010
Liverpool have one of the highest possession statistics in the league though, they aren't really a counter-attacking team. An exciting counter-attacking team would be United back during the 07/08 season.
Apr 24, 2014 3:43 AM

Apr 2014
Funny you point out those two specific games. How bout the barca v bayern game last year where the so called 'bus parkers' bayern hit 7 past barca over two legs. Barca were practically going backwards everytime they got the ball. Now that is not bus parking it's an effective way of rivalling the possession type of football. Or how about the recent bay v dortmund game. But it varies according to preference I guess.

spyrocoot said:
RomeoXD said:

BTW, aren't you a Madrid supporter? Out of interest, how many games have you been to?

Again with this shit so you need to go their games to become a supporter. So since we live faraway we cannot support a European team. Then stop the marketing done by your clubs so that only you royal europeans are able to enjoy your football games. BTW my answer to your question is 0 and you know why that's cause I have a school to attend to and yeah I am not old enough to work or earn .
Apr 24, 2014 3:51 AM

Apr 2014
Yep i Also have never been to any european game and i think my support for my team is same as the one who goes to their games regularly
Apr 24, 2014 3:58 AM

Jun 2009
spyrocoot said:

Please, for the love of god, let's not bring this up again.
Apr 24, 2014 3:58 AM
Dec 2013
Same! Im a huge Madrid supporter and I live in Australia. Me and My friends go nuts and stay up all night to watch their games.
Apr 24, 2014 4:46 AM

Apr 2011
spyrocoot said:
Liverpool have one of the highest possession statistics in the league though, they aren't really a counter-attacking team. An exciting counter-attacking team would be United back during the 07/08 season.

A lot of our goals are scored through counter-attacks, though. And from what I've seen, Liverpool seems to be using a combination of counter-attacking, pass-oriented and free flowing possession based football.
Apr 24, 2014 4:59 AM
Mar 2011
fpr people who wish to know i follow three teams as a fan
Man u
Rangers
the Rad daimonds
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 24, 2014 5:07 AM

Apr 2014
FGAU1912 said:
Man u
Rangers
the Rad daimonds
its a bad season for you
Apr 24, 2014 5:59 AM
Dec 2013
FGAU1912 said:
Man u
Rangers
the Rad daimonds

Legend!
Apr 24, 2014 6:09 AM

Mar 2012
I only follow Moyes.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 24, 2014 7:59 AM

Jul 2013
Te Quiero Atleti Lo Lo Lo Lo~!

Cant believe being an Atleti fan for years has finally given me some bragging rights.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2014 3:02 AM

Apr 2014
Real madrid is going through hell when they play in the allianz stadion.
Bayern münchen is a fort at home.
And also the odds are against real madrid cause they haven't won since years a game in germany.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 25, 2014 3:23 AM

Jun 2009
Problem is they don't even have to win. I actually do expect a Bayern win at home but I'm also fairly sure Real will score. So a 2-1 win for Bayern or something like that which still mean Real advances to the final. Not having scored the all-important away goal will most likely break Bayern's neck.
Apr 25, 2014 6:24 AM

Apr 2011
AcceleratorAngel said:
And also the odds are against real madrid cause they haven't won since years a game in germany.

What kind of "fort" loses to Man City's B team? And seriously? They demolished Shalke 6-1 back in February. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Madrid's got the advantage..... they've got the score in their favor and any goal they score next week will be away goals. Not to mention, both Bale and Ronaldo will be fitter than they were last Wednesday.
Apr 25, 2014 6:27 AM

Feb 2014
Madrid got the advantage. Bayern have been too sterile in the champions league. Pep who give his life for more possession is killing their previous direct approach. No killer instinct just up and down passes.

Madrid will defend well again and with lack of penetration from Bayern obvious at best 1-1 or 2-1 Bayern.

Final predictions

Madrid V Chelsea.
Apr 25, 2014 7:31 AM

Jun 2009
yhunata said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

What kind of "fort" loses to Man City's B team? And seriously? They demolished Shalke 6-1 back in February.

Now this is a bit of an apples and oranges comparison. If we're looking at performances from way back in February Bayern would most likely win because that was when they were still playing well. They beat Schalke 5-1 just 3 days after they had lost to Real. And that one could've easily gone double digits if Bayern hadn't decided to go easy on them after 4-0 (which was after a mere 28(!) minutes).

But that doesn't really matter since it's been almost two months. What counts is right now and right now Real is obviously in much better shape. Ever since their shameful defeat against Augsburg three weeks ago Bayern have COMPLETELY lost their momentum. I've been watching football for quite some time now but I have rarely seen a drop in performance this drastic and basically over night. Guardiola really has to get his shit together and come up with a solution to this unless he wants to completely fuck up the entire season in those last few games (not making it to the CL final aside, the season would be regarded as a disappointment if they lose the Cup final to Dortmund the same way they lost to them two weeks ago).
Apr 25, 2014 7:59 AM

Apr 2011
grandy_UiD said:
yhunata said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

What kind of "fort" loses to Man City's B team? And seriously? They demolished Shalke 6-1 back in February.

Now this is a bit of an apples and oranges comparison. If we're looking at performances from way back in February Bayern would most likely win because that was when they were still playing well. They beat Schalke 5-1 just 3 days after they had lost to Real. And that one could've easily gone double digits if Bayern hadn't decided to go easy on them after 4-0 (which was after a mere 28(!) minutes).

Not really apples and oranges. See what he said: "And also the odds are against real madrid cause they haven't won since years a game in germany". I simply proved him wrong by saying they demolished Shalke back in February.

grandy_UiD said:
But that doesn't really matter since it's been almost two months. What counts is right now and right now Real is obviously in much better shape. Ever since their shameful defeat against Augsburg three weeks ago Bayern have COMPLETELY lost their momentum. I've been watching football for quite some time now but I have rarely seen a drop in performance this drastic and basically over night. Guardiola really has to get his shit together and come up with a solution to this unless he wants to completely fuck up the entire season in those last few games (not making it to the CL final aside, the season would be regarded as a disappointment if they lose the Cup final to Dortmund the same way they lost to them two weeks ago).

The biggest problem is that Bayern didn't really try to attack. They get to the penalty area, then they pass. They kept passing around until they lose possession at which point everyone has to run back to defend Real's counterattack. If they play like that, they'll be losing by a bigger margin on Tuesday.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (52) « First ... « 39 40 [41] 42 43 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.