Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 19, 2013 5:56 AM
Oct 2007
Tsundere girl went dere dere for the guy a little to fast. You stared out the window, my panties are getting loose. Show seems ok, guess I will have to watch the ova to get the back story. How is this show related to Suzuka?
Jul 19, 2013 7:29 AM

Oct 2010
Hmm.. seems to be different from the ova.. oh well. we will see how this go..
Jul 19, 2013 9:30 AM

May 2013
The art style is weird. It somehow reminded me of the art style from Casshern Sins. By the way, good episode.
Jul 19, 2013 9:50 AM
Dec 2009
Tokyo arc is actually my favorite arc! All the drama and melancholic moments. This will be a great challenge for the director to get it right. Also,he has to cater to audience who didn't read the manga.

I thought episode 1 was not bad. Better than OVA at least. Also like the op and ed. They capture the mood well.

The voice actors feel a bit strange though. I keep thinking of ore-imo whenever Asuka speaks. Her voice is very distinctive. Also, Rin's voice is more kiddish than what I imagined.

Those who are worried about not reading the manga. I don't think you need to worry much. The studio obviously knows about this problem. They will obviously be providing background info when necessary.
TelwynJul 19, 2013 10:01 AM
Jul 19, 2013 12:11 PM

Jul 2009
been a fanboy for Suzuka Animation and the Manga, and then got hooked with Kimi no Iru Machi's Manga. So was ecstatic about this new adaptation but...

They should've atleast used the same animators and character designer's of the Suzuka series...

In my humble opinion there are alot of things wrong with the current Kimi no Iru Machi animation just by looking at the first episode.
The Character Design is really really bad (just check out their nose...). The cahracter's are also so tiny. Misplaced eye's etc...
The background scenes and animation is not that bad but can be better.
VA's on the character's feels really off.
And where they started the story for the adaptation... why did they start on that arc? ..... o_o.... they skipped alot... i mean alot...

Well if you read the manga you'll know what i mean, but if you haven't just try reading a few volumes... It really signifies that this Kimi no Adaptations is bad :(.

Also this Arc is not ntr... but meh.. if you read the manga this is not worth the watch.. Its unbearable @_@....
T-K-x_Jul 19, 2013 12:17 PM
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Jul 19, 2013 12:21 PM

Jul 2010
zeroryoko1974 said:
Tsundere girl went dere dere for the guy a little to fast. You stared out the window, my panties are getting loose. Show seems ok, guess I will have to watch the ova to get the back story. How is this show related to Suzuka?

It takes place in the same universe as Suzuka, about two years after the end of the manga at the beginning of the manga, which is about a year and a half before the beginning of the anime. In Tokyo, Haruto is living with his sister in the same dorm that Yamato and Suzuka live in. They are his next door neighbors, Asuka is on the other side, at least in the manga. The manga has several mentions of characters from Suzuka, in particular Honoka and, of course, Yamato's aunt and cousin. Other than that, there is very little relationship. I also posted a pair of preview posts on the blog I write for. You can read them, and my review of episode 1 here (The episode 1 review will be first, since it is in "most recent post" order.)
babymilo91 said:
The art style is weird. It somehow reminded me of the art style from Casshern Sins. By the way, good episode.

That shouldn't be too surprising. They have the same director. I expect he is responsible for the visual style...
argilium said:
i heard non-chronological order is the rage these days..

It isn't just "these days". It is one of the most popular styles of "Modernist" writing. You start the story at some pivotal point where where everything changes, then tell the story by telling the earlier and later portions in an alternating fashion, either to mimic the effects of human memory or just to be avante garde. It became really popular in post WWII writing, but was used extensively by early 20th century writers like Faulkner.

But, yes, it is a common narrative style in anime.
zensunniJul 19, 2013 12:35 PM
Jul 19, 2013 2:34 PM

Jul 2012
the art is kinda weird, but I liked it. So many cats <3 neko neko neko
Jul 19, 2013 4:03 PM

Nov 2011
I was really looking forward to this because I liked the OVA so much but the fucking art style and shitty animation is making me want to kick a sheep.
The voice acting sounds awkward too even though I like a lot of the voice actors and the mouth animation and syncing was crap.
Quite disappointed, hopefully it picks up or I'll most likely drop it.
Jul 19, 2013 5:46 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. They started with Haruto leaving for Tokyo. Damn. This anime will be... sadder than I thought since they sped up things...

But judging from the episode two preview, it looks like it adapts the first chapters of the manga. Can't wait to see how they adapt this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2013 7:09 PM

Jul 2013
the ova was beter drawn
Jul 19, 2013 8:07 PM

Jul 2012
GGNoodles said:
the ova was beter drawn

pretty much, but i gotta admit that the anime art is more similar to the original
Jul 20, 2013 8:17 AM

Apr 2013
The first episode wasn't that bad but the character design and the art... Fuck you Gonzo!!
Jul 20, 2013 9:41 AM

Dec 2012
Always-Hungry said:
The first episode wasn't that bad but the character design and the art... Fuck you Gonzo!!
no fuck you, the art of this series is awesome! :p
Jul 20, 2013 9:50 AM

Nov 2012
mayukachan said:
GGNoodles said:
the ova was beter drawn

pretty much, but i gotta admit that the anime art is more similar to the original

Always-Hungry said:

anime4psp said:
Always-Hungry said:
no fuck you, the art of this series is awesome! :p

relax everyone relax... at least it has some fanservice :p
lol XD kidding
well just hope it has a good story :)
Jul 20, 2013 10:49 AM

Aug 2009
Really liking the art ; u ;

Cant wait to see and learn more of the story ^^
Jul 20, 2013 12:14 PM

Sep 2011
It was ok. It made me feel... cramped. It felt like pretty much the whole episode was all close ups, and when it wasn't it was at an odd angle.

Also, I don't like that it started a third of the way into the manga... why?
Jul 20, 2013 1:34 PM

Jun 2012
I don't know the studio, but I kind of like where this series is going. Considering that, I didn't really mind the art and character design.

So I like how it's started so far, I'm expecting more from it as well ^^
Good OP and ED songs, too.

Jul 20, 2013 2:30 PM
Feb 2013
I got soooo bored from watching this episode. I heard from some sites that this was a sort of harem type of series so I went and checked out the anime. I was seriously unsatisfied by the anime. While the OP and ending sounded nice, all through the rest of the 19-20 minutes it felt so dull and unentertaining, just like the characters. So in short, I'm gonna drop this anime. Maybe I'll try the manga, but I won't watch the anime.
Jul 20, 2013 3:10 PM

May 2009
HAHA! WOW! Starting from the awful Tokyo Arc from the get-go? I like where this is going.

Dropped.
Jul 20, 2013 5:21 PM
Jan 2013
Question, in order to watch this do I have to watch the 2 OVA's as the called "Sequel"? Or does it start from scratch
Jul 20, 2013 5:22 PM

Dec 2012
Dakmech9 said:
Question, in order to watch this do I have to watch the 2 OVA's as the called "Sequel"? Or does it start from scratch

Start with the OVAs since this is a sequel to them.
Jul 20, 2013 5:28 PM
Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
Dakmech9 said:

Thanks a lot, was about to rush into this one but don't want to miss out anything
Jul 20, 2013 8:50 PM

Apr 2009
zensunni said:
argilium said:
i heard non-chronological order is the rage these days..

It isn't just "these days". It is one of the most popular styles of "Modernist" writing. You start the story at some pivotal point where where everything changes, then tell the story by telling the earlier and later portions in an alternating fashion, either to mimic the effects of human memory or just to be avante garde. It became really popular in post WWII writing, but was used extensively by early 20th century writers like Faulkner.

But, yes, it is a common narrative style in anime.
i know about that.. i just made a sarcastic remark at how people overreact to what direction the anime did..
Jul 21, 2013 2:29 AM

May 2012
Dakmech9 said:
tsudecimo said:
Dakmech9 said:

Thanks a lot, was about to rush into this one but don't want to miss out anything

manga pls, dont go OVA. Manga is before the OVA
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jul 21, 2013 6:30 AM

Feb 2012
Can someone explain to me this so called "RAGE" that everyone's talking about???

I can't seem to gasp the mentality of the manga readers so yeah i need a first aid kit. Thanks in advance.
Jul 21, 2013 1:27 PM

Jul 2012
Dakmech9 said:
tsudecimo said:
Dakmech9 said:

Actually, I think the flashbacks in episode 2 would clear a lot of things out. So, there's no need to do anything before watching this anime.
Jul 21, 2013 4:02 PM

May 2013
As far as i know this is the first TV series for 'Kimi no Iru Machi', or am I wrong? Although I can't really understand the decision to start this season with Haruto coming to Tokyo, I am actually glad it does, because this was, in my opinion, the most interesting part of the manga. I wonder at which point they will end the series.
Jul 21, 2013 8:52 PM

Nov 2009
esenick said:
To make it more clear:

Chapter 1 - 65 The story that has been skipped. (Also at the end of Chapter 62 we have the introduction of probably the favorite character in the stories of the most readers, Shiho Amagi, Haruto's senior, really good friend, and teacher in cooking, she's awesome!)
Chapter 66-70 The OVAs
Chapter 71-79 Skipped part between the OVAs and the Current episode.
Chapter 80-110 Will probably be the anime if it's 13 episodes long.

On chapter 111, we have a time skip of 1.5 years and now they are in College, so if the story is 26 episodes long, it would only make sense to end it at chapter 146.

So if you want to understand what's going on, you'll need to read at least 79 chapters, 80 is where the episode starts.

Some people said "they don't make clear why Yuzuki disappeared", they don't because in the next 4-5, if not, 8-9 episodes for sure, we will pretty much see it with our own eyes when they meet and she explain to him the whole situation of her stopping all communications with him, it's in the story.

Thank you for the information! Might as well continue onto the manga, and leave the anime hanging as it is...
Jul 21, 2013 10:47 PM

Apr 2010
I haven't read the manga in years but I still hate Rin.

Jul 22, 2013 9:05 AM

Jun 2010
Well, guess I'll drop this. Didn't expect it to be this bad. I don't like the character designs. And also the animation was bad. Low budget project? Anyways, the manga sucked starting from when Asuka appeared so... goodluck on those who will continue watching this. Prepare for various bullshit-ness that will happen.

Seo, just end the Manga! Fuck!
Jul 23, 2013 1:06 PM

Jan 2009
Any reason why Rin's seiyuu was swapped from Yuuki Aoi?
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Jul 23, 2013 2:24 PM

Jun 2012
MagicFlier said:
esenick said:
To make it more clear:

Chapter 1 - 65 The story that has been skipped. (Also at the end of Chapter 62 we have the introduction of probably the favorite character in the stories of the most readers, Shiho Amagi, Haruto's senior, really good friend, and teacher in cooking, she's awesome!)
Chapter 66-70 The OVAs
Chapter 71-79 Skipped part between the OVAs and the Current episode.
Chapter 80-110 Will probably be the anime if it's 13 episodes long.

On chapter 111, we have a time skip of 1.5 years and now they are in College, so if the story is 26 episodes long, it would only make sense to end it at chapter 146.

So if you want to understand what's going on, you'll need to read at least 79 chapters, 80 is where the episode starts.

Some people said "they don't make clear why Yuzuki disappeared", they don't because in the next 4-5, if not, 8-9 episodes for sure, we will pretty much see it with our own eyes when they meet and she explain to him the whole situation of her stopping all communications with him, it's in the story.

Thank you for the information! Might as well continue onto the manga, and leave the anime hanging as it is...

Well, I personally think that they are going adapt both the "past" arcs and the present simultaneously, just that the past ones are probably going to be shorter.
Jul 25, 2013 2:04 AM

Apr 2013
I like this very much
Jul 25, 2013 2:52 AM
Sep 2012
Who's bright idea was it to skip 80 chapters of character development? Now everyone won't even know how Kirishima fell in love with Yuzuki. And are we even going to get any scenes from Akari and Takashi? To be honest I think the story is at its best when they were all together. People will definitely be lost after the first episode.

On a side note, the voice actors are ok. I was expecting a much lighter voice (and blonde hair) for Kirishima and a much deeper voice for his sister. Everything is simply...ok.
Jul 25, 2013 2:56 AM
Sep 2012
WingsOfValor said:
As far as i know this is the first TV series for 'Kimi no Iru Machi', or am I wrong? Although I can't really understand the decision to start this season with Haruto coming to Tokyo, I am actually glad it does, because this was, in my opinion, the most interesting part of the manga. I wonder at which point they will end the series.

There was an OVA but that's it. The OVA covers the material right before this anime (which isn't a lot trust me).
Jul 27, 2013 9:28 PM

May 2012
It's like something released in the 90s.

OVA > this old-school POC.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 31, 2013 6:04 AM

Aug 2011
Enjoyable first ep! Seems really calming and sweet so far. Love the art, the characters and the animation.
Aug 8, 2013 10:22 AM

Sep 2009
Valencia said:
I'm a little disappointed. I like the art from the OVA better than this. The OP was weird to start with, but nice song though. Its only the first episode, I'll try the next few.

THIS.
Aug 8, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2009
I'm really confused now. I just finished the ovas awhile ago and it was good and I like it although there are times that I got confused.. but this time.. I got confused more.

So where's Nanami? I've been waiting for her not the girl Asuka..
I don't like this. Especially the description of this series.

I want to see a love triangle -- Eba and Nanami, not Asuka.
And I want Eba to end up with Haruto :)
Aug 8, 2013 1:13 PM
Sep 2012
Zel_Ezl said:
I'm really confused now. I just finished the ovas awhile ago and it was good and I like it although there are times that I got confused.. but this time.. I got confused more.

So where's Nanami? I've been waiting for her not the girl Asuka..
I don't like this. Especially the description of this series.

I want to see a love triangle -- Eba and Nanami, not Asuka.
And I want Eba to end up with Haruto :)

They basically skipped the entire Nanami arc and went straight to the Asuka/Tokyo Arc. Whoever hasn't read the manga will be very confused as to what's happening because they skipped too much. You may see Nanami once in a blue moon, but you won't see her very much at all.
Oct 8, 2013 2:12 PM
Dec 2010
I just love those accents :D

But i'm lost in what's going on. Why wont they see each other. I've watched OVA prequel and expected sequel but looks like pieces are missing for now.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Oct 20, 2013 11:49 AM

May 2012
I rather loved this first episode, got directly a more serious tone and well while the pace is rather slow it's still lovely to watch!
Jan 3, 2014 8:54 AM
May 2012
I just finished watching the OVAs yesterday and it was alright.

I kinda don't like the art and character design but I will get used to it.

Well, this Anime looks alright and I'm not confused. Let's see the next episode.

I will really read the Manga and I'll probably rage too!!!!
Mar 3, 2014 4:30 AM

Jan 2012
art is okay

execution and fluidity sux major balls and voice acting suffer as consequence

what a shame...
May 21, 2014 7:52 PM

Mar 2014
The Art is Medial.-They made it more realistic (OVA was good)
Opening was quite the medium too.
Feels a more serious tone than the OVA before.
Main characters Debut.
Planning to read the manga after the TV series.
Looking forward to this Anime!!!
Asukaxharuto at the episode!!!
Rin changes drastically!!! (well on the appearance much)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2014 6:11 PM

Jun 2013
Coming from someone who has not read the manga, i liked the first episode :)
Sep 7, 2014 12:47 AM

Feb 2013
Why the sudden change of artstyle? I liked the artstyle of the OVA better. Something about this seems off.I'll probably get use to it. I like the OP song. It's nice. We are introduced to two new character that were not in the OVA. Cool. Haruto moves so he can meet Eba. Now that's dedication! Good episode. I really like the ED song but the animation is a bit boring. It looks really low budget.
Jan 1, 2016 12:56 PM

Jan 2012
he looks like a douche

Mar 15, 2017 6:09 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah as an anime only viewer, it's a good start coming from the OVA, least MC went through his promise. Artwork is ok for now, will judge as it goes.
Feb 3, 2019 9:16 PM
Feb 2019
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» How should I go about reading the manga and watching the anime?

Reshiram_IX - Jan 3, 2023

7 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 29, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

98 by 14n9k »»
Apr 11, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

202 by Rurihime »»
Mar 19, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

104 by Hinomari13 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

84 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.