3It was OK
8.2%
2Disliked it
2.7%
1Hated it
5.5%
Average 4.2
73 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 4, 2013 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see some action this episode again. Go Izuru!

Dat bitch slap!

And oh snap, Tamaki is in trouble which doesn't surprise me though. Ye, definitely some better action scenes in this episode. The enemy mecha are designed a bit strange I guess with the purple layout. LOCK ON!

Not bad for its return after the recap I guess.
New OP song spotted and that new guy is kinda strange. I'm assuming dull personality or something along that line.
Stark700Jul 4, 2013 8:33 AM
Jul 4, 2013 8:45 AM

Sep 2012
Shirtless guys !!! Free !

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 4, 2013 9:03 AM

Jun 2012
Hell yeah Majestic Prince returns for Summer!

Lots of good stuff this week! The status quo was reestablished with the relationships between the original 5 while also introducing a 6th pilot. The 6th pilot is definitely an interesting one having what seems some sort of bipolar disorder. I can't decide either if Ange is a guy or girl, I'll just wait until they explicitly say one gender X D

The love triangle continues to simmer with Kei supporting her man(That bitch slap was great bahaha) while Asagi is slowly coming to terms just how much Kei really likes Izuru. His quick gasp after Kei cheers Izuru instead of Ange was funny/interesting. Also that ED(which I think is sung by the seiyuu of Kei and Tamaki?) isn't subtle with the shipping implying Izuru x Kei, however they never show the faces when those hands come together at the end so I wouldn't count Asagi out yet even if I want Kei to have her Izuru

The mecha action was pretty exciting this week with Ange going all out against the Wulgaru. So his/her synchronization increases as his/her hatred intensifies? Everyone's faces after his/her onslaught especially RinRin was appropriate. It was hard to tell if that Wulgaru commander died though.They show his mecha exploding and then what seems part of his mecha being rescued by a grunt after. I'll just assume he's alive.
HybridMBLJul 4, 2013 9:28 AM
Jul 4, 2013 10:02 AM

Jan 2011
Still waiting for people to show this series some love in the ratings--maybe some more action episodes like this will do the trick. I always thought the animation in this was pretty good, but I thought they might have even stepped it up a notch for this episode.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 4, 2013 10:36 AM

Feb 2013
Oh my gosh this kide Ange though O.O what's up with this kid

Pretty awesome action :D I like Kei's (I think) new machine it's cool ^.^
Jul 4, 2013 10:53 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
When the new ED began, I thought, wow I like this. Until Tamaki started singing...but still a good song. Interesting new character, who seems to have some sort of multiple personality or something. Glad to see Ange scare off the Wulgaru all by his/herself.
Jul 4, 2013 11:09 AM

May 2013
Now they got me thinking if Ange is a guy or a girl, but I think he's a guy. And it's safe to say that he probably has a split personality. Good episode.
Jul 4, 2013 11:33 AM

Aug 2012
Ange is a guy or girl who is either bipolar or has split personality and can take on a squad of elites all by himself.

Not sure the purple guy died but i will assume they rescued him since it seems too early for him to die.

I wonder if the rest of team Rabbits will get an upgrade or something since that black unit is for mass production and it already out performed Izuru...
Jul 4, 2013 11:50 AM
May 2012
Xenoi said:
Ange is a guy or girl who is either bipolar or has split personality and can take on a squad of elites all by himself.

Not sure the purple guy died but i will assume they rescued him since it seems too early for him to die.

I wonder if the rest of team Rabbits will get an upgrade or something since that black unit is for mass production and it already out performed Izuru...

I'm guessing the alien guy survived, since they show the Wulgaru grabbing what looks like his unit before retreating.

LOL @ Ange's gender issue. They could easily solve it by asking, or looking, but I'm guessing we're not meant to know, and we're probably left to assume whatever we want.
Jul 4, 2013 11:57 AM

Oct 2011
Dat new Op. I love it

He/she completes the power ranger set XD

OMG Angie 0____0 Wow!!!! Took on the entire Wulguru force. Pulled an Hallelujah persona.

Kei and Tamaki singing the new ending XDDD. OMG Izuru x Kei holding hands

I have to assume Angie is a girl to balance out. 3 guy ( Izuru, Asagi, Suruga) and 3 girls ( Kei, Tamaki, and Angie?)
AnimeFan500Jul 4, 2013 12:22 PM
Jul 4, 2013 12:29 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, this was the first episode that I legitimately really enjoyed and made me excited! Ange, in one episode has become the best character in the series!

It looks like the second half of this show is actually going to take things up a notch. The action, drama, tension was all much better and for once the slice of life takes a backseat, for which I'm quite grateful.

I have no idea why the 6th Rangers always end up being the most interesting, but the trope continues with Ange, a he/she who seems to have split-personality disorder. One side is a submissive mouse, while the other is raging emo badass. I'm not sure which side is more dominant, but I'm loving it!

The new OP was good, but not as good as the first. The new ED however was much better and seems to suggest Kei/Izuru romance just as the last one suggest the same with Izuru/Theoria. So I'm thinking maybe the Kei/Izuru thing might be where this is going, though we also have Asagi and Theoria in the mix.

Very good episode, I'm giving this an 8/10. Next week looks like we will be on to another fight, so that's going to be good.
Jul 4, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
Not being able to take orders makes Ange a liability, badass or not. It'd only be a matter of time before flying into a berserker rage won't be enough to get the job done, and then Ange will meet his own death or be responsible for the deaths of others. Seems like the kind of guy you don't put on a team but rather release onto an open battlefield.
Jul 4, 2013 2:40 PM

Oct 2010
When Ange took out his/her guns, the shit went down! The animation and choreography during battle was awesome. Really enjoyable episode. ^^
Jul 4, 2013 3:13 PM
Oct 2011
Guess an extra week of waiting made this Ep more fun to watch.

Lots of mecha battles going on, though Ange(I'm going to stick with it's a guy) has split personalities? Kind of reminds me of other pilots like that from other series though. As much of a badass he is, insubordination is a huge problem.

Cool new op and cute ed with the girls singing. Oh yeah, Izuru x Kei hand holding at the end! Totally shipping this couple just to go against Izuru x Teoria.
Jul 4, 2013 5:05 PM

Jul 2009
That... was interesting.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 4, 2013 5:55 PM

Jan 2008
That Ange, what a prick. Regardless of gender and split-personality, I don't like the greenhorn. Needs a kick in the pants for disobeying orders and being a douche.

Is the rest of the team ever going to get an upgrade in their units? I'm getting a bit tired of the same old.
Jul 4, 2013 6:07 PM

Jan 2009
that ange has a split personality i bet lol, good action episode none the less
Jul 4, 2013 6:39 PM

Feb 2013
CNagy said:
Not being able to take orders makes Ange a liability, badass or not. It'd only be a matter of time before flying into a berserker rage won't be enough to get the job done, and then Ange will meet his own death or be responsible for the deaths of others. Seems like the kind of guy you don't put on a team but rather release onto an open battlefield.

It really depends on how the situation is set up. There have been several mecha MCs who go against orders and have badass modes (Seed for example) and actually end up saving the day. Especially in cases like this when the majority of the military is incompetent anyway.

However, I can see where you're coming from. Ange IS a loose cannon, but it's not really his/her fault. If it's anyone's fault, it's the MJP for putting him/her on the team without a psych evaluation or a battle test run. I also bet dollars to donuts that this raging fighting non-stop personality is a result from the screwed up genetics/mind-wipes they've been doing. We forget these pilots were bred to fight, and Ange maybe one where the subject's mind took that very literally.

And yet, his/her mind is obviously split, so something must have gone wrong and now Ange has two personalities on two extremely different sides of the spectrum. The mousy one seems to be the one that comes during peace time, or when Ange is in pretty normal situations. The bloodthirsty one seems to come out during times of war when the mousy side simply doesn't know what to do and panics, essentially stepping aside for the more dominant personality to take over for the much weaker one.
Jul 4, 2013 6:48 PM

May 2010
1st episode back and we get the full set of mighty morphing poweranger alone with some traps lol this just keep me laughing
Jul 4, 2013 6:50 PM

Apr 2008
Oh great... a bipolar transvestite....
Jul 4, 2013 6:53 PM

Feb 2013
4kicks said:
That Ange, what a prick. Regardless of gender and split-personality, I don't like the greenhorn. Needs a kick in the pants for disobeying orders and being a douche.

Is the rest of the team ever going to get an upgrade in their units? I'm getting a bit tired of the same old.

Well, if Ange has a split personality, it's not something he/she can control. His/Her really weak side can't control what the dominant extreme side when that side is in control. And no matter the consequences, that side is not going to car and is going to continue doing what it wants. While the weak, submissive side will, that raging side, when it comes out, is not going to care about orders, consequences, punishments or anything like that. It will go on and do what it wants until either it decides to leave, is physically shocked to the point of giving up control, or is forcible pushed back by the weaker side.

If anyone is to blame it's the MJP for putting her/him on the team without noting his/her mental health. I mean, the MJP controls the lives of these students bred for war, and NO ONE notice a mental health issue here? I don't care how good Ange was, you don't put someone with that kind of mental disorder, in this kind of team! I'm sorry to suggest it, but if you absolutely have to use this individual, use them like a weapon. Send Ange into an area alone with the single job of destroying as many of the enemy as he/she can. Don't place him/her on a team that must follow strategic orders and multi-step plans.
Jul 4, 2013 6:58 PM

Feb 2013
Kazejimonji said:

Umm, you mean an androgyne? Ange doesn't dress one way or the other. He/She dresses pretty neutral which is one of the problems in assessing his/her sex. He/She's not a transvestite.
Jul 4, 2013 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
Ange

kicks

ass
[center]
Jul 4, 2013 8:45 PM

Mar 2013
DAWWW at the ED sequence. Well, I'm assuming that's Kei and Izuru holding hands. Unless it was Asagi x Izuru -_-;
Jul 4, 2013 9:17 PM

Apr 2008
Irenesharda said:
Kazejimonji said:

Umm, you mean an androgyne? Ange doesn't dress one way or the other. He/She dresses pretty neutral which is one of the problems in assessing his/her sex. He/She's not a transvestite.

Ah~ that's the word I was looking for! lol
Jul 4, 2013 9:50 PM

Aug 2011
Ange is so badass i love her...if its a her...its probably a he though :( but w/e Ange is too cool XD
Jul 5, 2013 1:05 AM

Feb 2012
I'm gonna miss that other OP, at least the new one isn't so bad. Good episode this week and I'm betting my money that Ange is a he.
Jul 5, 2013 2:56 AM

Jan 2009
DoctorDoom said:
I'm gonna miss that other OP, at least the new one isn't so bad. Good episode this week and I'm betting my money that Ange is a he.

Ange does not have any curves lol so Ange is a he, and the new OP is better for me
Jul 5, 2013 10:45 AM

May 2012
Seems like Ange has a split personality or just have a very deep hatred towards the Wulguru. And why wouldn't they just ask Ange if he is a girl or a boy?!?!?
Jul 5, 2013 10:57 AM

Jul 2012
Ange may have an Alter ego. . .
Jul 5, 2013 12:24 PM

Mar 2013
Kazejimonji said:
Irenesharda said:
Kazejimonji said:

Ah~ that's the word I was looking for! lol

The 1st way you said it was funnier. (^_^ )

Well since it's in the ED I don't see that character dying. I do see it getting another team member seriously injured in a future episode. Then it'll force Ange to deal with its issues & become a team player.

Someone mentioned the other units getting an upgrade. With all the talk about the pit crews in this episode I don't see any major upgrades in the future. Maybe a specs bump or some weaponry. Just not a complete overhaul of all the established units.

Lastly, on the Kei x Izuru shipping. He's still a bit too dense right now. I'll wait a few (3+) more episodes to think on that one.
Jul 5, 2013 4:48 PM

Jun 2013
Ange that guy is bat shit crazy
Jul 5, 2013 7:41 PM
Oct 2011
babymilo91 said:
Now they got me thinking if Ange is a guy or a girl, but I think he's a guy. And it's safe to say that he probably has a split personality. Good episode.

It feels like Crona from Soul Eater (they never gave us a solid answer till the end). Hate the new recruit, but I guess I'll hold back judgement till we know the reasons why (s)he acted that way.

Kudos to Kei for that bitchslap!

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Jul 5, 2013 7:58 PM
Nov 2008
rebelakuma said:
And why wouldn't they just ask Ange if he is a girl or a boy?!?!?

Well, it's kind of a rude question. If you met someone irl and weren't sure about his/her gender would you ask "by the way are you a chick or a dude?". Whatever the answer may be, you're going to get hurt :p
Jul 5, 2013 11:05 PM

Aug 2008
So glad to see this show back (yeah, I know it has only been a week). And adding Ange to the mix adds more conflict into the mix. Team Rabbits damn near has chemistry now, and Ange and the Black-6 keep the disfunction going.

Speaking of Ange, good lord! That freak out almost looked like a berserker Strike Freedom! I imagine that extreme personality is a reason why the performance is so off the charts. The ASHMBs do run heavily off of the pilot's psyche, and if the pilot has no "flight" response, then it looks liike the "fight" part is going to be pretty potent.

Jul 5, 2013 11:07 PM

Jan 2013
I liked the ending song.
Jul 6, 2013 6:32 AM

Feb 2011
Ange kicked some ass there.
Jul 6, 2013 9:20 PM

Dec 2011
Love this moment in the op...Kei <3
Jul 7, 2013 9:59 AM

Jun 2011
Lol suddenly a sixth mecha appears and the first thing i thought was super sentai.

Dont really like the base design of Black 6 though since it looks like a prototype rather than a finished product with it being thin and all. However i love all those firepower it pack and it was really cool when it deployed all its hidden armaments.

So the ED is shipping KeiXIzuru?
Jul 7, 2013 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
A pretty solid episode, like I said in the other thread, I really love the animations and the mecha/character design of this. Looking forward to see some Izuru hidden power.

Oh, the new OP&ED were fabulous.

ArcanaTrace said:
Lol suddenly a sixth mecha appears and the first thing i thought was super sentai.

Dont really like the base design of Black 6 though since it looks like a prototype rather than a finished product with it being thin and all. However i love all those firepower it pack and it was really cool when it deployed all its hidden armaments.

So the ED is shipping KeiXIzuru?

I guess so, also I'm shipping KeixIzuru too.
Jul 7, 2013 4:50 PM
Feb 2009
finally someone who can actually go beast mode
Jul 8, 2013 8:29 AM

Sep 2009
Really good stuff right here. Ange just activated Evangelion Mode. This second half will probably be much better than the first.

I also like the new opening and ending more. KeixIzuru.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jul 8, 2013 9:30 PM

Oct 2009
lol @ dat slap liked the OP as well i would be crazy to try and top the hype of S1 OP.

ange's confuzzled self reminds me of akito/agito from air gear alil bit. but we knew wat his deal was 2 persona's while ange seems more unbalanced
Jul 8, 2013 9:32 PM
Aug 2012
who cares about kei X izuru ? ME WANT ASAGI x LOLIMECHANIC
Jul 9, 2013 10:17 AM
Mar 2013
Now we got a black sheep in the group to balance things out. Not liking the new OP. The first one was so much better. That black unit's design isn't that good either. It looks like the older units without the armor.

Nice to see Kei's growing feelings towards Izuru. Asagi seems to have noticed it too. I wonder what he'll do about it. Would he grow feelings towards Kei? Or would he help the two get along better?
Jul 9, 2013 2:15 PM

Mar 2012
Wow that Ange is super psycho lol..
Keep moving forward
Jul 9, 2013 8:48 PM

Feb 2012
I'm probably the odball here but i think the new unit is kinda blan, but wow what a difference in personality between what appears to be a split personality, quiet vs loud would be over simplifying things wouldn't it. lol
Jul 10, 2013 1:19 PM

Jun 2008
Ashlem said:
Xenoi said:

I'm guessing the alien guy survived, since they show the Wulgaru grabbing what looks like his unit before retreating.

LOL @ Ange's gender issue. They could easily solve it by asking, or looking, but I'm guessing we're not meant to know, and we're probably left to assume whatever we want.

Maybe her gender is bipolar like her personality. changes from one to another, lol.

CNagy said:

Well there are ways for her to be useful but the commander had to be smart and use her loose canon ways. If you know she's a loose canon then you can use her in situations you know such attitude will not be a problem and avoid trying to give commands or put her in a situation where she has to carry significant orders.
Jul 10, 2013 8:29 PM
Mar 2013
I disagree with him being a liability seeing as he didn't lose all of his strategic thinking. He's the first pilot to use a walguru drone as a shield and shoot through it also that volcanoe tactic the leader had didn't work at all cause he saw it coming and shot down those debris into the volcanoe to seal the flame and finish his opponent off. He doesn't just go berserk I'd rather call it a tactical push of force in the right places. He even saved kei due to his lone wolf strategy. If anything all the other pilots will be holding him down if they don't step there game up.
Jul 11, 2013 6:52 AM

Jan 2013
A team requires teamwork. On a team, Ange is currently a liability because he doesn't do teamwork. That his personal aptitude is high enough to take on a squadron solo is great--send him on solo missions. But on a mission that is anything other than "destroy anything that moves and isn't human," he's going to be a liability because he doesn't take orders. And being a smart berserker doesn't change that he went berserk.

As Monad mentioned, there are ways to use Ange in a larger plan but even that has some weaknesses. If conditions change in the middle of battle, Ange might not respond to orders like "fall back to this point," "reinforce those guys," etc. You literally can't count on him to be anything other than a unit that kills enemies at a given spot on the map.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

121 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

30 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

59 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.