Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Adaptation Project of Manga 'Coppelion' Restarted; TV Series to Start Fall 2013

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 3, 2013 1:28 PM

Aug 2011
Ghostbooster said:
that racist bro
every country has it's fair amount of trolls
i'm sure even japan has trolls
just saying

Says the person who earlier claimed that Japan was full of pedophiles.
Jul 3, 2013 2:13 PM

Sep 2012
Ghostbooster said:
symbv
you seem smart too bad your wrong and I'm right
Blanket statement without argument does not do anything to help you look convincing and only make you look boneheaded and, yes, trolling. And the broken English in your next post does not help you at all - Even if XBox not selling in Japan shows that Japan is more closed to the west, so what? We have already past the stage of whether Japan is more closed, because I already said that Japan being more closed is not the reason to explain why anime is set mostly in Japan (because by the same logic since American movies are set mostly in America then American culture is closed?)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 3, 2013 3:24 PM

Jun 2012
First time I heard of it. Interesting. I'll give it a shot.
Jul 3, 2013 4:05 PM

Jun 2010
So, this was not dead at all.
Jul 3, 2013 4:09 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Yay! I'm so glad that the anime is moving forward. I was skeptical of it ever coming to fruition, especially considering the fact that the anime was announced such a long time ago. The db entry was even going to be deleted soon!
p r o f i l e 👀
Jul 3, 2013 4:41 PM

Jan 2009
Ghostbooster said:
Japanese people are very tradition and the reason why i say their culture is very close to gajin is because for example xbox 360 which is an american product did not sold well. playstation 4 which is Japanese -Chinese product sold well here
we Amerindian aren't soo close culture mostly because usa is filled with asian and white and even Africans
in japan their mostly asian and some white people that why all people in anime look Asian but some look white like naruto from naruto

where is DateYutaka when you need him to bash USA?

anyway glad that this is remove from suspension gonna watch this one
Jul 3, 2013 7:09 PM

Apr 2010
I remember when the project was first announced. It's good to see they're starting back up again.

Jul 3, 2013 11:37 PM

Jun 2011
Stark700 said:
Hmm, I just read the synopsis again:

Will give it a shot. Glad it's being restarted.

Why must it be just girls?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 3, 2013 11:54 PM

Sep 2012
Natsu12345 said:
Why must it be just girls?
'Coz we love seeing girls battling each other LOL

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 4, 2013 3:43 AM
Sep 2012
IS2 will have a tough time being the top anime this fall....
Jul 4, 2013 3:46 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
Perhaps, but most likely it will be because of KuroBas2 instead of Coppelion...

Jul 4, 2013 3:48 AM
Sep 2012
^ HAHA I completely forgot about KuroBas. And the trigger show!
Jul 4, 2013 4:45 AM

Aug 2011
symbv said:
bippo said:
Perhaps, but most likely it will be because of KuroBas2 instead of Coppelion...

Not to mention, Kill La Kill and Magi 2 as well.
Jul 4, 2013 5:05 AM

Sep 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
Not to mention, Kill La Kill and Magi 2 as well.
Kill la Kill is an unknown but being an original carries quite a bit of risk - it can be big hit and it can also become big bomb. As for Magi 2 given the precipitous drop in sales for Magi's later BD/DVD volumes I will definitely take it away from any consideration of the top anime in fall season.

Jul 4, 2013 8:09 AM

Nov 2011
English site with some visuals. Not sure if this was posted in the thread already:

http://starchild.fm/anime/coppelion/
Jul 4, 2013 8:16 AM
May 2007
And Japanese site (http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/coppelion/)

OP & ED by angela ♥
Jul 4, 2013 8:28 AM

Sep 2012
Seems western countries again (like OreImo2) get to see the latest episode first. The ep.1 will be shown in Japan Expo 2013 held in Paris and Anime Expo 2013 held in Los Angeles...

Jul 4, 2013 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
VioLink said:
Araby said:
Looks cool. Anyone who's read the manga have thoughts to share?

Its basically about a squad of 3 girls (IIRC they are also called "coppelia") who go around rescuing folks and taking requests for those who are unable to move around in radiation. There is also some action which shows off Naruse and co.'s badassery, there is one "FUCK YEAH!" scene in particular that I am looking forward to seeing animated. I'm sure manga readers know which one I'm talking about.

In once sentence: A cool action/Sci-fi manga with a little fanservice thrown in for fun.

Does the story or characters have any depth or is it really just action + fanservice? I've been kind of looking for something with this sort of premise but was hoping for a little more than what you just described...
Jul 4, 2013 10:11 AM

Mar 2012
Aincrad2013 said:
Does the story or characters have any depth or is it really just action + fanservice? I've been kind of looking for something with this sort of premise but was hoping for a little more than what you just described...
I just finished the first volume and it is very seinen. There's tons of scientific/pseudo-scientific jargon and wordy reflections. The plot and characters are decently interesting. There is action, but it's still primarily drama. Excellently drawn post-apocalyptic landscapes, which hopefully the anime does a good job of depicting. Not a hint of fan-service (the girls' clothes are fully intact, lol), so I'm assuming that isn't a major player.
JoshJul 4, 2013 10:15 AM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 4, 2013 10:15 AM

Jan 2013
Thanks a lot Araby! Gonna give the manga a try.
Jul 4, 2013 10:16 AM

Mar 2012
No problem!

Edit: Too bad there are only scans for two of the eighteen volumes out there...
JoshJul 4, 2013 10:25 AM
LoneWolf said:
Jul 6, 2013 6:12 AM

Dec 2012
I see, so that's what happened...I believe this was on my list to watch back then along with C - Cube, but C-Cube aired and Coppelion did not...It wasn't really a big deal to me since I know nothing about it...But this news that it will be restarted and being able to know what it is actually about, I must say it looks pretty interesting so I'm definitely gonna check it out...
Jul 13, 2013 10:44 PM
Oct 2012
about bloody time! how long have they been saying it will come out soon? its been forever!
Jul 13, 2013 10:57 PM

Mar 2012
Anyone see that random pre-air clip? Looks like it's really well animated, which has me even more stoked.
LoneWolf said:
Jul 20, 2013 5:10 AM

Apr 2011
Interesting synopsis + Main Character's VA is Kana-chan

Will watch.
Aug 9, 2013 7:04 PM
Aug 9, 2013 7:47 PM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:
The site is up with info & PV:
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/coppelion/top.html

>Dat stealth bomber scene
That is the part I was talking about earlier in this thread. I'm hyped for those other scenes too, holy cow looks like GoHands is going to do excellent job with this.
VioLinkAug 9, 2013 8:14 PM
[center]
Aug 10, 2013 6:57 AM

Sep 2012
Somehow the official website does not work well for me, but I found this in youtube

Also, more cast are announced, so what we know now are:

Naruse Ibara: Tomatsu Haruka
Nomura Taeko: Akesaka Satomi
Fukasaku Aoi: Hanazawa Kana

Kurosawa Haruto: Suzumura Kenichi
Ozu Kanon: Horie Yui
Ozu Shion: Sakamoto Maaya

So we have a seiyuu couple voice-acting in the same show.. Interesting...

Aug 10, 2013 9:44 AM

Mar 2012
Looks very good.

I'm hoping they cut out the fan-service and go for a more serious tone.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 10, 2013 9:58 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
Somehow the official website does not work well for me, but I found this in youtube

Why is it so beautiful?! O_O Unreal
Aug 10, 2013 9:58 AM

Sep 2012
^ The choice of the BGM is really intriguing.

Aug 10, 2013 10:14 AM

Dec 2012
^ I'm even more excited with the Op & ED

Shadow-Chan said:
And Japanese site (http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/coppelion/)

OP & ED by angela ♥

Oh, I love my Boku Ja nai from Valvrave :D

Leaked footage:

Aug 10, 2013 10:18 AM

Sep 2012
^ It has English subtitles! I wonder where the footage was taken... Some overseas anime convention?

Aug 10, 2013 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
You guys are a month late on that leaked footage, haha. I wonder where that was too though, never thought about it.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 10, 2013 10:26 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
^ It has English subtitles! I wonder where the footage was taken... Some overseas anime convention?

Araby said:
You guys are a month late on that leaked footage, haha. I wonder where that was too though, never thought about it.

I think it might have been at a licensing meeting. You can hear English speakers in the background. The monitor is small so it can't be at an anime convention but rather at a private meeting.

The anime has already been in post-production in back in 2011 so the appearance of English subtitles is not surprising.
Aug 10, 2013 10:34 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
I think it might have been at a licensing meeting. You can hear English speakers in the background. The monitor is small so it can't be at an anime convention but rather at a private meeting.
Actually that would make it something really to be concerned. This means some people, presumably westerners, who were in business licensing the anime, watched this private viewing but they also filmed it and then proceeded to leak the footage to the internet. What kind of business people are they? Where is their professionalism regarding handling of copyrighted material?

Aug 10, 2013 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
symbv said:

I noticed immediately that GoHands is the animation studio. This looks exactly like K.
Aug 10, 2013 12:12 PM

Jan 2011
symbv said:

Yeah, the music is most likely by Mikio Endo (composer of K). I heard he tweeted about the Coppelion manga a couple times this week.
[center]
Aug 10, 2013 1:37 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
ThangLong said:
Actually that would make it something really to be concerned. This means some people, presumably westerners, who were in business licensing the anime, watched this private viewing but they also filmed it and then proceeded to leak the footage to the internet. What kind of business people are they? Where is their professionalism regarding handling of copyrighted material?

Just because Westerners were present doesn't mean they were the ones filming. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these leaks are intentional. It builds hype and people love the word "leaked" because it gives it an "exclusive" and elicit air. I'm not saying this was done intentionally but you never know these days.
Aug 10, 2013 7:27 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
Just because Westerners were present doesn't mean they were the ones filming.
OK, just give it a thought, shall we? If it is indeed a licencing meeting, and there are English speakers in the background, isn't it most likely that it is about a licencing deal for some English-speaking countries? And it is very unlikely that the Japanese who represent the side which owns the contents would film the contents themselves. So who filmed the contents besides the westerners?

neontaster said:
Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these leaks are intentional. It builds hype and people love the word "leaked" because it gives it an "exclusive" and elicit air. I'm not saying this was done intentionally but you never know these days.
You think I did not think about that?? But that is pretty bullshit because copyright owners never would want contents "leaked" in such crappy video quality. To them such leaks would not do their well crafted works justice. If they wanted to leak something to elicit interests, rough design sketches or screen cuts would have been so much better.

Aug 10, 2013 7:35 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
OK, just give it a thought, shall we? If it is indeed a licencing meeting, and there are English speakers in the background, isn't it most likely that it is about a licencing deal for some English-speaking countries? And it is very unlikely that the Japanese who represent the side which owns the contents would film the contents themselves. So who filmed the contents besides the westerners?

Fair enough, but it could have easily been some intern or some other peripheral player as opposed to the people actually doing the business. For all we know the person who filmed it got fired immediately. I wouldn't assume this was intentional bad behavior or negligence. Could be someone who did something wrong and was punished.

symbv said:
You think I did not think about that?? But that is pretty bullshit because copyright owners never would want contents "leaked" in such crappy video quality. To them such leaks would not do their well crafted works justice. If they wanted to leak something to elicit interests, rough design sketches or screen cuts would have been so much better.

On the one hand you are right but on the other, this builds hype for when the good quality PV comes out because all anyone would have seen up to that point was some crappy quality thing. Again - this could be total BS but the thought did cross my mind.
Aug 10, 2013 7:43 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
Fair enough, but it could have easily been some intern or some other peripheral player as opposed to the people actually doing the business. For all we know the person who filmed it got fired immediately.
Then that goes back to my original complaint. Where is the professionalism for those who involved in the licencing talk? Why did they bring in peripheral people who went on to film the video and then leaked it out? I am not sure where you got the news that "the person who filmed it got fired immediately", but if that is the case, why not removed the video when they fired him?

neontaster said:

On the one hand you are right but on the other, this builds hype for when the good quality PV comes out because all anyone would have seen up to that point was some crappy quality thing. Again - this could be total BS but the thought did cross my mind.
If you are the owner of the video contents, there are tons of ways to make a proper "leak" because you have so much material to use for "leak". Setting up a meeting situation and then got some crappy video "leaked" is pretty much one of the stupidest ways to leak any such contents. Even if they want to "leak" a crappy video it would be much easier to air the video in some convention (but nowhere else) thus getting fans to film it and spread it on the net. At least the setup looks more legit and more like marketing than setting up some false "licencing talk" and intentionally "leak" things that way. In fact I would think the video is more likely to be filmed at some convention instead of at a licencing talk situation.

Aug 10, 2013 7:56 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
Then that goes back to my original complaint. Where is the professionalism for those who involved in the licencing talk? Why did they bring in peripheral people who went on to film the video and then leaked it out? I am not sure where you got the news that "the person who filmed it got fired immediately", but if that is the case, why not removed the video when they fired him?

I'm just saying we don't know what happened. I wouldn't jump to accuse someone of being unprofessional if a minor employee did something they were supposed to.

symbv said:
If you are the owner of the video contents, there are tons of ways to make a proper "leak" because you have so much material to use for "leak". Setting up a meeting situation and then got some crappy video "leaked" is pretty much one of the stupidest ways to leak any such contents. Even if they want to "leak" a crappy video it would be much easier to air the video in some convention (but nowhere else) thus getting fans to film it and spread it on the net. At least the setup looks more legit and more like marketing than setting up some false "licencing talk" and intentionally "leak" things that way. In fact I would think the video is more likely to be filmed at some convention instead of at a licencing talk situation.
Being a dumb method doesn't mean it isn't what they did. I was only suspicious because of the subtitles. As discussed in this thread already, it isn't common to see leaked footage that is subbed, so the idea that it was intentional occurred to me. Just speculation, really.
Aug 10, 2013 8:03 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
I wouldn't jump to accuse someone of being unprofessional if a minor employee did something they were supposed to.
Well, it still says something about the quality of staff they employ. Filming copyrighted material, and one that is not even your firm produces, is serious matter.

neontaster said:
. I was only suspicious because of the subtitles. .
This is why I wondered if the filming took place in some western convention. I would rather believe it is the case than what ThangLong suggested, which would entail a lot of grievous issues if it is indeed the case.

Aug 10, 2013 8:07 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
Well, it still says something about the quality of staff they employ. Filming copyrighted material, and one that is not even your firm produces, is serious matter.
For sure. If your employer trusts you to be around stuff like that, betraying that trust is just about the most unprofessional thing you can do.

symbvy said:
This is why I wondered if the filming took place in some western convention. I would rather believe it is the case than what ThangLong suggested, which would entail a lot of grievous issues if it is indeed the case.
I think the fact that the footage wasn't immediately removed could suggest that you are right. I mean, I've seen footage from conventions pulled off of YouTube before, but sometimes it isn't. On the other hand, footage from a private meeting would absolutely be pulled as soon as possible...
Aug 11, 2013 11:51 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
VioLink said:
symbv said:
Yeah, the music is most likely by Mikio Endo (composer of K). I heard he tweeted about the Coppelion manga a couple times this week.

YumeHunter said:
I noticed immediately that GoHands is the animation studio. This looks exactly like K.

I noticed the similarities between Coppelion and K's PVs immediately too—the music and camera angles especially. K was pretty disappointing for me so now I don't really have high expectations for Coppelion anymore.
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 12, 2013 12:04 AM

Sep 2012
Naruleach said:
K was pretty disappointing for me so now I don't really have high expectations for Coppelion anymore.
The two are hard to compare though since K is an original anime while Coppelion has a manga. Story wise K can be underwhelming but it is hard to use this to judge how good the story of Coppelion will be for example.

Aug 12, 2013 3:54 PM

Jan 2011
Naruleach said:

YumeHunter said:

I noticed the similarities between Coppelion and K's PVs immediately too—the music and camera angles especially. K was pretty disappointing for me so now I don't really have high expectations for Coppelion anymore.

Story wise K and Coppelion are nothing alike, Araby's description can give you a better feel of the manga than mine:
Araby said:

I just finished the first volume and it is very seinen. There's tons of scientific/pseudo-scientific jargon and wordy reflections. The plot and characters are decently interesting. There is action, but it's still primarily drama. Excellently drawn post-apocalyptic landscapes, which hopefully the anime does a good job of depicting. Not a hint of fan-service (the girls' clothes are fully intact, lol), so I'm assuming that isn't a major player.

Except that last part, I remember there being one or two panty shots but I guess that's nothing major.
VioLinkAug 12, 2013 3:58 PM
[center]
Aug 12, 2013 5:15 PM

Mar 2012
Yep, you're right. I wrote that after just reading volume one, which didn't have any fan-service. There were a few (very random and awkward, imo) panty shots in the second volume. I'd also add that there was a lot more action in volume two, so maybe it'll be more of an action show than I originally thought. Otherwise, post-apocalyptic, dialogue heavy, and seinen pretty much cover it.

I have fairly high hopes for this.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 27, 2013 11:55 AM
May 2012
Looks good I'll watch this.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 39 minutes ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
25 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

7 by malvarez1 »»
38 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
4 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.