Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 27, 2015 11:55 PM

Mar 2015
I cannot believe it why Kitamura is quitting to elect as a President and changed color of his hair into blonde? :O?...
Don't tell me it's kind of related from anime Golden Time like Yana changed his color hair into blonde too..
Taiga's cooking is epic fail -.- the fried eggs lol, and Kitamura tasted Taiga's egg and he already cheered up? HUHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCK? *facpalm*
WOAH, Taiga is electing to be a President, DEYM THIS IS GOING TO BE COOL.
Sep 10, 2015 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
I never liked Kitamura, acting hypocritical all the time while being so insecure deep inside.. serves him right for his pretending. And he basically brought it upon himself by nurishing his secret fantasies and infeasible hopes towards (...).

But precisely because of this and what he went through due to his stupidity I kinda liked this episode. I only missed some harassment from other students as it's not like you canl be super famous when you can't get youself together. But at least they tried to do the drama well. It shows this anime isn't afraid to explore even those themes (though, at the same time it's also true that his reactions were so overdone).

I also liked how Minori hinted that she can't act the way she possibly wants and that she is conscious of it, that was pretty nice confession.

But man, those yellow hairs were just horrible.
Dec 13, 2015 7:55 AM

Nov 2014
I think it has something to do with the president he likes!
Jun 27, 2016 8:05 PM
Mar 2015
Kitamura's outburst was hilarious!

Since in the dub he's voiced by J.Y.B. I can imagine him doing this when he quits voice acting. "I QUUIIIIIIIIIIIIT!"

Hopefully he'll step back up so TAIGA of all people doesn't become student president...
Oct 7, 2016 7:11 AM

Jul 2014
Taiga is high when she's tired.
Nov 25, 2016 6:39 AM

Nov 2015

Oh great, someone broke Kitamura! xD
May 9, 2017 2:13 AM

Feb 2013
I suppose that Kitamura was rejected by the former seito kaicho.
Aug 27, 2017 11:10 PM
Nov 2012
So all shades of pinks, blues, reds, and oranges are fine but .... Gasp!!.... God forbid you dye your hair blonde. The epitome of becoming a delinquent.

anime logic never cease to surprise me
Nov 22, 2017 12:30 AM

May 2016
Before I started watching this show I thought I would give it a 9 because of it's popularity but it's been 15 episodes and i'm not hooked to the show if this continues I might give it 7
Nov 26, 2017 10:35 PM

Jul 2013
Okay, Minori definitely could be a lesbian. Why isn't she? That'd make her character even more refreshing than it is. Minori x Ami ftw!!
Feb 11, 2018 1:47 PM

Sep 2017
Kitamura focus was a bit overdue at this point, so I was glad to see it. Kind of a shame it had to revolve around him having a minor breakdown, but he's been pretty sensible through the previous episodes, so can't deny him a little drama
May 10, 2019 7:23 AM

Aug 2017
Wow, this episode was very awkward. Kitamura sudden change of personality was very weird lol.

Taiga for President? Cool
NurguburuMay 10, 2019 7:29 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 29, 2019 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
Did not expect him to dye his hair blonde, not gonna lie. Not enough Ami in this episode, wonder what she'll do about his weird situation.
Dec 27, 2019 5:59 PM

Apr 2015
Might be my favorite episode so far?

Specifically, the focus on perspectives is great in this episode. Ami just seems like she's too old for this shit, most likely precisely because she realizes that emo cries for help don't actually get you the help you want through personal experience.

Minori continues to be the most, ironically, level-headed. I feel like it gives us just as much insight about Minori as it does Ami that Minori was able to interpret Ami as someone who has a more mature view on the situation.

I love the concept of a potential partner who is friends with an individual being disappointed at their lack of maturity regarding a denial of love. It's one of those things where Kitamura is just so damn relatable, but you can see how the person denying him is ultimately in the right, and has justified reasons for expecting more of him (especially with how calm and collected he is... I think part of the appeal of this arc is that we get to see how Kitamura is when he's on Taiga's end now, as opposed to how calm and collected he was when rejecting Taiga's advances).

In general, it's just cool to see the least developed main cast member start to get his own arc.

Taiga also gave some interesting insights, and I am excited to see how the next episode handles her campaign for presidency!
observing a woman's body
Apr 25, 2020 8:08 PM
Oct 2019
Hated Minorin telling Takasu that Ami understood things better because she's more "mature". Gtfoh. Ami is more immature and insecure than any of the other major characters.

Maybe the first scene in this entire series that I thought was awful.
Aug 12, 2020 6:13 AM

Jun 2020
oh no! they betrayed Kitamura, no more house party :(

In this episode, we got to know the perspective of each character, pretty interesting.

They nailed the ending too, loved it!
cianxanAug 12, 2020 6:17 AM
Oct 19, 2020 12:37 PM

Feb 2020
It's nice to finally get some development for Kitamura, but the ending made me very uncomfortable...
Of course, judging by how things are going they're gonna tell us that Taiga is right and Kitamura really wants to become president.
But it would've been a real possibility that it isn't at all reverse psychology.
The characters don't seem to think about how it is entirely possible that Kitamura might have real issues, they just force him, that's not okay at all. It's even hypocritical considering how they're doing exactly what Ryuuji was doing with Taiga and her dad, and we know how all this ended.

And anyway, this is quite stupid. Minori lied about hating horror stuff because she knew that it would lead for her friends to pull tricks on her. Here, I don't see how is Kitamura even trying to become president. Why wouldn't he just, I don't know, not throw a tantrum and participate calmly to the elections he's obviously gonna win ? Even if we consider that he's trying to make people hear him, as Ami said, there's still something wrong in his behaviour.

Speaking of Ami though, I'm worried about her. It looks like she is burrying a lot deep within. She's clearly been thrown into the world of adults way too quickly. That would truly explain why she keeps hiding things about herself. She learned to be that way, while at the same time having all the struggles a teen her age can have, as well as those a celebrity like her can have. Poor girl.

And Minori also is hiding a lot and her facade is more and more breaking. It is clear now that she also uses that "reverse psychology" because of this habit to conceal everything. She's constantly hiding behind a silly facade until she can't hold it anymore. I wonder why, and I wonder who she truly is behind this facade.

And finally, Taiga. The show is trying to make me care about her. And I do, but not as much as I should. Anytime I try to fully understand her, I end up with the same conclusion : her character writing is messy. If they actually gradually made her lose her abusive habits, I might would've liked her more, but they don't, and that makes all her development fall apart. Plus, I feel like a lot of drama surrounding her is quite forced. I get that she's insecure and emotional, but still, that's a bit too much at times. In the end I don't know what they really want to do with her, or to be more precise, they know what they want to do with her, but they don't really know how to handle it.
Maybe future episodes will prove me wrong, I hope so.
Mar 9, 2021 7:13 PM
Jan 2020
Kitamura was changed at a new level.
Mar 20, 2021 11:49 AM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Taiga for President!!!!
May 30, 2021 9:26 PM

Jan 2016
Lmao Kitamura’s VA is Jonny Yong Bosch who also voices Ichigo in ‘Bleach’. I liked bleached hair for Kitamura

Jun 25, 2021 1:09 AM

Jun 2020
What's with Kitamura he seems dull, He colored his hair blonde unexpected even for him to do that

Kitamura went to Ryuuji's place and had a little talk you can clearly see Taiga's face pretty embarrassed and Inko's not letting go of that finger

Glad to see them have fun but Ryuuji's mom made Kitamura run for his life because of that hair color kit she has.
Apr 10, 2022 12:23 PM

Mar 2010
I guess they all can't be invincible. I think having a shit load of pressure growing up is just bs, we have plenty of time to be responsible but only a few years to be young and arrogant.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 3, 2022 8:22 PM

Oct 2020
This episode was a smidge random and boring at times, but I guess it gave us some solid character development moments, most notably Taiga putting aside her feelings for Kitamura to actually help him and, by extension, realizing how she can be selfish at times when it comes to considering others.
Jul 6, 2022 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
I don't really understand the reasoning for thinking Kitamura is using reverse psychology because he wasn't to get elected. Telling someone you hate scary stuff so they try and prank you, and running away from home so your parents get pissed and get you to dye your hair to its original color.. well one seems a lot more plausible to me haha.

Kitamura just seemed like all the responsibility was weighing down on him and he was lashing out. With how he seemed so tense and like he was getting all his frustrations out when they were at that baseball park.

I guess he could be pretending but it'd be a really weird fucking move, especially considering he could instantly get elected since nobody else was going to run. Now that Taiga is going to run like a tyrannical dictator, she might just end up making it harder on him when he actually doesn't want to be president. I hope he doesn't get upset at Taiga and Ryu for this :(.

Also Kitamura and Taiga watching each other sleep was so cute.. 0_0
Oct 3, 2022 5:29 AM
Jan 2018
Here we go with the slow do nothing plot, it's the main characters constantly trying their best to do things for each other and completely missing the points to everything. Mom waking up was fun, and her threatening the president with black hair dye was the best part.
Nov 19, 2022 3:52 PM
Jan 2022
the guy that died his hair blonde was almost at the centre of attention in this whole episode. I liked that we got to know him better and see more of him and not just taigas ideas of him and with her and him together.
Dec 10, 2022 2:02 PM

Aug 2020
What has gotten into Kitumura? It must have something to do with the current president, maybe he has a crush on her, or something different. Looking forward to the next episode
Oct 24, 2023 1:51 PM

Sep 2020
That monologue by Kushieda might be the most retarded rationalization i've heard in any show ever. Apparently the two-faced lying bitch is more mature than everyone else, infact she is SO mature that her intellect far surpasses what their feeble minds could comprehend.
Nov 17, 2023 5:55 PM
Mar 2023
Tagia has my vote.
Dec 17, 2023 1:16 AM

Nov 2023
That bird is werd ahh, also
Dec 23, 2023 12:48 PM

Aug 2022
Kitamura's having a rough time. Poor dude...
Dec 28, 2023 2:22 AM

Jun 2021
wow, Kitamura has literally become me, and even during the same year this show aired (blond hair do-over and depressed... no, wait, depressed even before). Can understand people not liking this sudden change, but i'm glad he escaped Ryuuji's mother trap. Palmtop tiger running for president? Interesting cliffhanger, and it ended of the most succeded episodes for my own opinion.

Mar 24, 1:30 PM
Feb 2024
lmao ntr insuportable
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.