Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 29, 2013 11:36 AM
Jan 2013
WARNING: only people that have watched overdrive will understand what I'm talking about so if you haven't navigate awaaaaaay....
Should I continue watching overdrive, I mean I'm 7 episodes into the series and the boys (main protagonist) just starting to get the hang of cycling, which is new.The reason why I love sports animes is because there's a really obvious talented player and he surpasses everyones expectations of him, and blows his opponents mind away. Whereas this series just defeats the objective of why I watch sports anime.The winner of the races isn't clear. Because you'd expect in sports that the main guy wins at first to some opponent but then they become ever evolving rivals, but I don't even know who this guy this will be competing with. Team mates or some other person. Since he's SUPPOSEDLY the main guy he'll be competing in the race the story revolves around, however it's been announced that Yousuke also strives to be the winner of The tour de France. So I'm thinking does the senpai give in to the kouhai like "win the race for me" or "Only you can do it, I guess it was too much for me", do they become eternal rivals- awkward with his sister being the the 1 he likes if this is true

I wont be continuing with this anime if nobody can change my perception. I suggest fans of this anime state there reasoning for it being so amazing.
I don't mind if there are spoilers, in fact just write the main story out. I tend to read animes episode list whilst watching so I know what's going to happen. Don't worry if you think it' too detailed I'll be the one to judge that besides Im the kind of person that gets hyped up knowing what's to come...
So it'll be really appreciated if someone could answer to this forum as I actually want to finish this anime (part of my journey to conquer all the sport animes) but Im not sure whether it's worth my time. As you know YOLO.
Onegai!
Jun 29, 2013 12:06 PM

Nov 2010
All of the people in his club compete against him, the races are large with many people. There's only one race in the anime which everyone races and I can assure you that the surpasses everyone's expectation thing does happen. Though it still has kind of a bittersweet ending.

If you want more info, can you ask me in simple questions as in does this happen or does this not happen, etc I don't remember the story completely and won't be able to write you a paragraph matching yours.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Over Drive Episode 18 Discussion

Trie - Oct 20, 2007

17 by EsieEyen »»
Feb 16, 2:08 AM

Poll: » Over Drive Episode 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Oct 12, 2007

13 by EsieEyen »»
Feb 16, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Over Drive Episode 24 Discussion

lowell - Jan 9, 2008

15 by supermario4ever »»
Oct 17, 2023 12:25 PM

Poll: » Over Drive Episode 23 Discussion

lowell - Dec 16, 2007

20 by supermario4ever »»
Oct 16, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Over Drive Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Jan 21, 2008

51 by Ashhk »»
Oct 4, 2023 4:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.