Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Rurouni Kenshin' to Have Two New Live Action Movie Adaptations Due Summer 2014

New
Jun 29, 2013 4:22 AM

Sep 2012
In the latest issue of Jump Square, it was announced that manga "Rurouni Kenshin" will have a two new live-action movie adaptations, "Kyoto Taika hen" (Great Fire of Kyoto) and "Densetsu no Saigo hen" (The Legendary Death), which will covers the Kyoto Arc. The two movies will be released to theaters in Japan in summer 2014.

Source: Scan of Jump Square

Story by [profile=daisy23]daisy23[/profile]
myanimelistllcMar 5, 2016 12:05 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 29, 2013 4:25 AM

Nov 2008
Thought it said "anime" adaptations for a sec :\
Jun 29, 2013 4:25 AM

Oct 2012
Drizzy_Drake said:
Thought it said "anime" adaptations for a sec :

Same here...
Jun 29, 2013 4:26 AM

Jun 2008
Who the hell cares, this is an anime site. Didn't watch the first one yet, I don't think I ever will.
Jun 29, 2013 4:29 AM

Sep 2012
Dizzee said:
Who the hell cares, this is an anime site. Didn't watch the first one yet, I don't think I ever will.
Don't forget this is also a manga site !!

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 29, 2013 4:34 AM

Jun 2008
symbv said:
Dizzee said:

Also novel, doujin, manwha, manhua and OEL.
Jun 29, 2013 4:37 AM

Sep 2012
Dizzee said:
symbv said:
Dizzee said:
Where are the sections for douijn and manwha in this site may I ask? Where are the news for doujin and mahua in this news board that are not linked to existing anime/manga, can you tell me?
symbvJun 29, 2013 4:41 AM

Jun 29, 2013 4:40 AM
Jan 2011
I don't tend to like live action adaptations but Kenshin's one was pretty good in my opinion despite the changes they had to do and the fight scenes were enjoyable to watch. Much better than Shin Kyoto Hen OVAs.
Jun 29, 2013 4:42 AM

Oct 2012
Oooh. I'm not a big fan of the live action but it was pretty good so I guess I'll watch a movie sequel.
Jun 29, 2013 4:48 AM

Apr 2011
I've watched the first live action movie of this manga and I personally think that it's good so gonna try these two movies.

Jun 29, 2013 4:50 AM

Feb 2013
Iv not read the manga but I do like to see Live action movies so ill give it a look.
Jun 29, 2013 4:52 AM

Nov 2008
Hell yeahhh
Jun 29, 2013 4:54 AM

Jun 2008
symbv said:
Dizzee said:
symbv said:
Dizzee said:
Where are the sections for douijn and manwha in this site may I ask? Where are the news for doujin and mahua in this news board that are not linked to existing anime/manga, can you tell me?

It's in the manga section, duh
Jun 29, 2013 4:55 AM

Sep 2012
Dizzee said:
symbv said:
Dizzee said:
symbv said:
Dizzee said:

"It is in the manga section" -- perhaps you can name some doujin in the manga list? Anyway, so this is a manga site after all. But you only answer the first question (and incompletely too)
symbvJun 29, 2013 5:01 AM

Jun 29, 2013 4:59 AM

Feb 2011
Hmm Kyoto Arc in Live Action? Looking forward for it.
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

Jun 29, 2013 4:59 AM

May 2011
Awesome news! Loved the first movie! :D
Jun 29, 2013 5:00 AM

Jul 2011
Well, the first Live Action was good. I hope Warner Bros is still the distributor.
Jun 29, 2013 5:16 AM

Jun 2008
symbv said:
Dizzee said:
symbv said:
Dizzee said:
symbv said:
Dizzee said:

"It is in the manga section" -- perhaps you can name some doujin in the manga list? Anyway, so this is a manga site after all. But you only answer the first question (and incompletely too)

http://myanimelist.net/manga/46282/Chikan_Otoko

Notice "manga" in url.
Jun 29, 2013 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
great news.. thank yoooooooooou.. ^_^ can't wait!
Jun 29, 2013 5:21 AM

Mar 2011
That's actually good news.
I really liked the first Live Action despite being very skeptical about it before I watched it.
News about 25-epsiode anime of Revenge Arc would be better, but I'd love to watch Kyoto Arc Live Actions too.
Can't wait to see live action Shishio Makoto. My sides are ready to explode.
FinjasApr 3, 2015 5:20 AM

Jun 29, 2013 5:21 AM

Sep 2012
Dizzee said:
symbv said:
It is in the manga section" -- perhaps you can name some doujin in the manga list? Anyway, so this is a manga site after all. But you only answer the first question (and incompletely too)

Notice "manga" in url.
Precisely, so it is a manga site after all !! And you said "this is an anime site" LOL

Still waiting for your answer with my second question.

Jun 29, 2013 5:39 AM

May 2011
Another live action. Damn, wonder if another classic anime will get one soon.
Jun 29, 2013 6:20 AM

May 2013
Hell Yeah !
I'm so excited with this .. I hope they would cast the same actors for this one !
oh fucked im really excited ! HAHAHA Great new :D
Jun 29, 2013 6:24 AM

Jun 2008
symbv said:
Dizzee said:
symbv said:
It is in the manga section" -- perhaps you can name some doujin in the manga list? Anyway, so this is a manga site after all. But you only answer the first question (and incompletely too)

Notice "manga" in url.
Precisely, so it is a manga site after all !! And you said "this is an anime site" LOL

What does it have to do in my first post? I'm talking about live action movie, we don't need news of it here.
Jun 29, 2013 6:45 AM

May 2013
Wow this is super exciting! I loved the first LA movie!
Dizzee said:
symbv said:
Dizzee said:
symbv said:

Notice "manga" in url.

What does it have to do in my first post? I'm talking about live action movie, we don't need news of it here.

Stop being an ass just for the sake of it. Can you read? Because it was pretty obvious from the title of the post that this was about a LA adaption. You purposefully chose to click on the link, so either you wanted more news about it, or you are just being annoying.
Jun 29, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
^ Yeah, this Dizzee is extraordinarily narrow-minded and ridiculous in saying there is no need for live action movie news even though the movie is adapted from a manga. He said "who the hell cares? this is an anime site". But the fact is if it is a live action movie adapted from an anime, this will still get reported here.

Jun 29, 2013 6:53 AM

May 2013
symbv said:
^ Yeah, this Dizzee is extraordinarily narrow-minded and ridiculous in saying there is no need for live action movie news even though the movie is adapted from a manga. He said "who the hell cares? this is an anime site". But the fact is if it is a live action movie adapted from an anime, this will still get reported here.

Yah, for some reason, this site is full of really mean people. i don't know why. I am so so soooo super excited for this though!!!! The first one was AWESOME. I didn;t think it would translate well into live action, because of the Dragon Ball disaster, but everything was just spot on~
Jun 29, 2013 7:06 AM

Nov 2007
Nice, though I haven't watched the first Rurouni Kenshin live-action movie.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 29, 2013 7:08 AM

May 2012
After watching the first one I was hoping for more and then, the Kyoto arc!!!!! Couldn't be happier! I hope to see the same actors.

Rurouni Kenshin was the only live action I liked :P
Jun 29, 2013 8:10 AM

Oct 2009
Pfft haters.

I loved the first movie, hope the sequels are even better!
Jun 29, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2013
Well, the first movie was pretty good in my opinion, so I'm excited for it. :D
Jun 29, 2013 11:39 AM

May 2010
WHO WILL PLAY HIKO!?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 29, 2013 12:45 PM

Jan 2012
First live action movie was very good so I think it has potential for these two to be even better. I hope they will include Aoshi in these two. I liked Kyoto arc but I was hoping that prequel arc with Tomoe will be filmed first cause it is definitely the best of Rurouni Kenshin.
Jun 29, 2013 1:11 PM

Jul 2010
Confucius said:
WHO WILL PLAY HIKO!?

AND SOUJIRO?! D:
Jun 29, 2013 1:23 PM

Jun 2008
Why can't they leave well enough alone?

*sigh*
Jun 29, 2013 2:41 PM
Sep 2010
The movie was impressive. So I think Im gonna watch. <3
Jun 29, 2013 3:34 PM

Mar 2008
I've never been so happy about live action news before. Loved the first movie, will definitely watch these two as well.
Jun 29, 2013 3:36 PM

Jan 2009
I'm quite excited to hear about this news. I thought they did an excellent job with the first live-action, so I can only hope that the sequels will be just as good (if not, better).
Jun 29, 2013 5:07 PM

May 2012
Wow.. definitely a great news! Really had a low expectation from the 1st Live Action movie but after watching it, it was suprisingly great. 1st anime turned Live action movie that is done right. Can't wait...
Jun 29, 2013 6:13 PM

Nov 2008
I guess after that it' the anime
Jun 29, 2013 6:32 PM

Oct 2007
I quite liked the movie. Looking forward to this.
Jun 29, 2013 7:43 PM

Mar 2011
Not sure if I'll renew my passport.
Jun 29, 2013 11:45 PM

Jan 2009
The first Live-Action was pretty awesome, looking forward to those two as well! and really hope that One Ok Rock will do more awesome single for this :P
Jun 29, 2013 11:50 PM

Apr 2011
Oh please let there be an anime reboot after this. Or at least adapt the Enishi arc into a live action (or an OVA). That arc needs an adaption badly.
Jun 29, 2013 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
Warner Bros really loves to cash in on all of their movies. They just made one last year and now more are popping up.

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Jun 30, 2013 2:40 AM

Aug 2011
iLostReason said:
Confucius said:
WHO WILL PLAY HIKO!?

AND SOUJIRO?! D:

AND AOSHI?!

**☾**
Jun 30, 2013 2:50 AM

Oct 2011
yay! i loved the first one. looking forward :D
Jun 30, 2013 10:08 PM

Jul 2007
Drizzy_Drake said:
Thought it said "anime" adaptations for a sec :

My dreams are shattered :[
Jul 1, 2013 1:08 AM
Mar 2009
I should really get to watching the first movie...

Especially with the majority here showering it with their praise.
Jul 16, 2013 9:21 AM

Jul 2010
Good...
But ruroken need a remake like FMA Brotherhood, including Jinchu arc
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
12 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.