Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2013 1:44 AM
Feb 2009
ohh man wtf gotta wait a couple months
Jun 28, 2013 1:55 AM

Jan 2011
A pretty mediocre cliffhanger ending to a mediocre series. There were so many clichés in this anime that it was almost painful to watch. Akira was like the 'Nina' of Valvrave except she was a lot more likeable towards the end. I didn't expect her to be the last Valvrave pilot. Her Valvraves' weapon is pretty overpowered but still cool.

The characters in this anime were so meh. Apart from L-Elf, who is a badass and I seriously want to know more about his past, everyone else was uninteresting. Fanservice characters and annoying highschool girls ugh.. I also couldn't really take the drama in this anime. However for a mecha series, the mecha action sequences were awesome to watch. The OP is freaking amazing too. The teaser for the next season actually makes the second season look a lot more interesting. Hopefully it'll be better than this season.

Episode Rating: 4/5
Overall score: 6/10
Jun 28, 2013 1:58 AM

Jul 2007
lindsayzzz said:
Apart from L-Elf, who is a badass and I seriously want to know more about his past, everyone else was uninteresting. Fanservice characters and annoying highschool girls ugh.

> reasonins the hatred for characters by saying they are "uninteresting".
> stans the gary stu bishie of the show.

what is this I don't even
Jun 28, 2013 2:27 AM
Aug 2012
THis is unbelievable, no fanboy SH**, I wanted to see Haruto x Saki, but that kid in the future got feeling a certain way bout that. If it belongs to L-Elf, I wanna know when did he find the time to actually like someone. I could see it because L-Elf seems to be the perfect Dr. Phil for people beating themselves up. But watev S1 was ok, the fact that the pilots havent evolved at all kills me. Overall cnt wait for S2 and Haru x Saki fo life
Jun 28, 2013 2:28 AM

Jan 2011
Fai said:
lindsayzzz said:
Apart from L-Elf, who is a badass and I seriously want to know more about his past, everyone else was uninteresting. Fanservice characters and annoying highschool girls ugh.

They were just so cliche and annoying. They were just normal high school students and suddenly they knew how to pilot Valvraves. Plus, the love triangle business was so melodramatic. Valvrave is trying to be a serious mecha series just like how Code Geass turned out to be. Plus, it's animated by Sunrise.
Jun 28, 2013 3:11 AM
Aug 2012
lindsayzzz said:
Fai said:
lindsayzzz said:

They were just so cliche and annoying. They were just normal high school students and suddenly they knew how to pilot Valvraves. Plus, the love triangle business was so melodramatic. Valvrave is trying to be a serious mecha series just like how Code Geass turned out to be. Plus, it's animated by Sunrise.

Oh right and L-elf wasn't a cliche invincible type who just wants to use others to save or bring revolution to Dorssia for the sake of a pink-haired princess he cares about? Nice try pal. Romance, Love Triangles etc doesn't make the anime any less serious but adds more twist in it.

Iwonderwhy said:
THis is unbelievable, no fanboy SH**, I wanted to see Haruto x Saki, but that kid in the future got feeling a certain way bout that. If it belongs to L-Elf, I wanna know when did he find the time to actually like someone. I could see it because L-Elf seems to be the perfect Dr. Phil for people beating themselves up. But whatever S1 was ok, the fact that the pilots havent evolved at all kills me. Overall cnt wait for S2 and Haru x Saki fo life

Ding Dong..............pink haired princes named Lisselote anyone? It's pretty obvious who is the person he cares about. You know this turning out like the situation in ZnT when everyone tried to deduce who Yoshino's girlfriend is disregarding the facts and truth in front of them. His body won't just cry for some random person.

This part was just the introductory episodes and despite what you thinks, the pilots have changed. Apart from Thunder, the change/development for Haruto, Saki, Kyuma is very noticeable.

Jun 28, 2013 3:11 AM

Dec 2012
lindsayzzz said:

Normal highschool student turn mecha pilot is a standard plot device for a mecha series. If you have issue with it being cliche, then most mecha out there will be cliche to you. The love triangle seems melodramatic because the fans blow it out of proportion. Love drama is not the main focus of this show.

I have the opposite view. I think this show is a serious business, but they intentionally try to add different flavors into it: flashy, silly, and dramatic. They wanted people have fun watching rather than endure another standard cut-and-dry mecha. Imo, this is just Sunrise experimenting with a new mecha formula again.

What's wrong with a mecha animated by Sunrise?
Jun 28, 2013 3:23 AM

Feb 2011
That was good stuff. Besides some really awkward moments in this series it was good nevertheless. Animation was great this episode , loved it. Dat cliffhanger ending damn , gonna be hard to wait until fall kicks in *^*
Jun 28, 2013 3:27 AM
Jan 2008
I want a Valvrave religion
Jun 28, 2013 3:35 AM

Jul 2007
ThangLong said:
lindsayzzz said:

Normal highschool student turn mecha pilot is a standard plot device for a mecha series. If you have issue with it being cliche, then most mecha out there will be cliche to you. The love triangle seems melodramatic because the fans blow it out of proportion. Love drama is not the main focus of this show.

I have the opposite view. I think this show is a serious business, but they intentionally try to add different flavors into it: flashy, silly, and dramatic. They wanted people have fun watching rather than endure another standard cut-and-dry mecha. Imo, this is just Sunrise experimenting with a new mecha formula again.

NOt to mention That the companion material of the show already explained that basic knowledge of piloting was transfered via the whole needle thing after accepting resignation as a human.
Jun 28, 2013 3:38 AM

Jun 2013
Am I the only one who found this show a twisted parody of Guilty Crown?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2013 3:49 AM

Jan 2013
Comedy of the season, 9/10.
Jun 28, 2013 3:54 AM
Aug 2012
People still thinking this is comedy are just retarded losers. I don't any other way to categories them.

Fai said:
ThangLong said:
lindsayzzz said:

NOt to mention That the companion material of the show already explained that basic knowledge of piloting was transfered via the whole needle thing after accepting resignation as a human.

Do you really think people like those who just post a one liner to show off their superiority are going to realize this important but simple facts about the show? Everybody is so busy about discussing L-elf X Saki shipping they forgot about about who L-elf really cares about...........just an example.

Jun 28, 2013 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
People still thinking this is comedy are just retarded losers. I don't any other way to categories them.

People with a sense of humor different than your own makes them retarded losers, whatever.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Do you really think people like those who just post a one liner to show off their superiority are going to realize this important but simple facts about the show? Everybody is so busy about discussing L-elf X Saki shipping they forgot about about who L-elf really cares about...........just an example.

My post was out of appreciation for this show, your post was out of a need to assert your false sense of superiority to people who enjoyed this show for different reasons.
Jun 28, 2013 4:17 AM
Aug 2012
Brotwo said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

People with a sense of humor different than your own makes them retarded losers, whatever.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

My post was out of appreciation for this show, your post was out of a need to assert your false sense of superiority to people who enjoyed this show for different reasons.

Oh please did i mean you specifically? There are a hell lot of others who think this show is a comedy and it can't be serious or stuff, miss obvious plot point.......ah whatever too many things to repeat.

Whatever like i care what you think about me.

Jun 28, 2013 4:19 AM

Jun 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Fai said:
ThangLong said:
lindsayzzz said:

I feel like your post is directed at me...so why the hell not?
If this fact about piloting was so fucking important, why didn't they find a way to tie it into the anime itself? If the response is because it wouldn't fit or flow, then it's obviously not as important a fact as you make it seem. But then again, that is the filler for one of the biggest plot holes in the entire series...so which is it?

The anime is supposed to be self sustaining. It is supposed to explain itself, though not in so many words. Obviously, Valvrave fails to do this without the help of its "Companion material" so how can we even consider giving it a 9/10?

And the characters. Don't even get me started on the characters. It could've been Guilty Crown all over again. Haruto is pretty much Shu's bloody twin. The girls just jump around complaining like a good fanservice character should. As if we didn't have enough of those.

And on that note, just what exactly is this anime supposed to be?
"Serious business?" Or something for "everyone to "enjoy"?" Come on. The show introduces so many conflicting elements into its own structure that even some fans fail to distinguish whether it's a comedy or a shounen/ mecha or seinen or whatever the hell it's trying to be.

Additionally, some of the situations in this anime are ridiculous. And don't even think of responding with "It's anime, it's not supposed to be entirely realistic". The best stories have their grounding in realism and Valvrave is just mocking this concept. High school kids setting up their own government and running it smoothly? Cutting themselves off from their Dyson sphere and still generating power to run their little "country"? The insane love triangle which seems like the MC flits from girl to girl, even after he's lost his humanity? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought being a human encompassed emotions? And didn't Haruto give that up? But of course, he's retained enough humanity to propose. Because that seems totally normal.
#LOGIC.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2013 4:50 AM
Aug 2012
@Yukitoki:

Yeah it was directed at you and people like you.

Yukitoki said:
Am I the only one who found this show a twisted parody of Guilty Crown?

I decided to ignore you when you posted this. Since you are one of those people who thinks a show is bad in general if they dislike it. Implying Guilty Crown is bad is going to make yourself look special, i really don't have much good opinion of people like you. But let's have some fun shall we?

-If this fact about piloting was so fucking important, why didn't they find a way to tie it into the anime itself? If the response is because it wouldn't fit or flow, then it's obviously not as important a fact as you make it seem. But then again, that is the filler for one of the biggest plot holes in the entire series...so which is it?

The biggest problems are these so called plotholes you mention. They are there in the show.......your failure to notice them doesn't make them plotholes. But you have to dance around saying that they are so called important plot holes in the show. People need something to complain so they create these so called plot-holes they failure to notice.

- And the characters. Don't even get me started on the characters. It could've been Guilty Crown all over again. Haruto is pretty much Shu's bloody twin. The girls just jump around complaining like a good fanservice character should. As if we didn't have enough of those.

As if Shu or Haruto is a bad characters. You people don't even have the simplest idea of character development, disregard suffering or sacrificing characters as bad or screw-ups....oh you are talking about the girls of this show without any reasoning. Come back with reasons for hating them first than throwing random comments.

- And on that note, just what exactly is this anime supposed to be?
"Serious business?" Or something for "everyone to "enjoy"?" Come on. The show introduces so many conflicting elements into its own structure that even some fans fail to distinguish whether it's a comedy or a shounen/ mecha or seinen or whatever the hell it's trying to be.

An anime can be a mix of various stuff. If you can't get it then it's your problem. Rather than repeating i will just put down what someone said.....

ThangLong said:

-The insane love triangle which seems like the MC flits from girl to girl, even after he's lost his humanity? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought being a human encompassed emotions? And didn't Haruto give that up? But of course, he's retained enough humanity to propose.

This is such nonsense that i don't know what to say. When did he flirt from girl to girl? Are you really insane? Stop taking everything so literally. What he meant at that time was he has right to propose to her or to live normally. He became something that is not human, he attacks other people without any warnings and he doesn't have control over his body time to time, he killed several people without thinking about it............of course he will think like that. Seriously it's because he has human emotions that he cares for his friends and he tried to understand Saki better.
Dragon_Slayer_XJun 28, 2013 5:42 AM

Jun 28, 2013 5:06 AM

Apr 2011
Yes, Akira is the 6th pilot.Go girl. Her past was sad but I am glad she decided to get out of and try to help Shoko.

Cain is a one of OP character.
And that kid with Saki at the begining...Hmm, I am curious. Maybe a descendant of either Eru-erufu or Haruto? We'll see.

I can't say that the anime was great but I definately enjoyed it (most of it, anyways).

7/10

I hope S2 is better.
Makise11Jun 28, 2013 5:26 AM
Jun 28, 2013 5:07 AM

Nov 2012
In the beginning of the episode, Saki told the kid "Our founder met the magius that day." Is Haru the founder who met Cain the "Magius"?

In the preview for the next season, was it Saki or Shoukos voice that said "Haru, save me"?
Jun 28, 2013 5:07 AM

Aug 2011
well just watched the ep... didn't have the time to read all the comments in those fking 9 pages ... All i understand from this ep. is that i want the 2nd season faster and that Haruto is the funder and that Saki is in the group/country whatever made by Haruto .. thats what i understand from the begining... in the end that Saki with Cain is just a meting or something like that .. afterall i heard Saki's voice shouting out for help so i don't think she would just f**k Cain(or somebody else) and get a child .. WELL PLEASE NO NTR NEXT SEASON ! OR I'M DROPING THIS >.> Haruto xSaki till the end .

s1 gets a 8/10

note: Psychopath is my name on a Game so this sig is mine . no copy/paste :)
Jun 28, 2013 5:22 AM
May 2013
Brotwo said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

yeah...
We should all be free to laugh at anything we want! Its okay for people to laugh at kids getting blown up, joke about revenge on Pearl Harbor, bullied kids, and laugh about 9/11! Oh the comedy!
ExblasterJun 28, 2013 10:01 PM
Jun 28, 2013 5:32 AM

Nov 2007
the kid is obviously l-elf and saki. maybe at some point haruto will take over l-elfs body hence why the kid he has his eyes.
Jun 28, 2013 5:37 AM

Dec 2012
ending wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.. I don't feel compelled to watch the second season, but I probably will.
The series as a whole for me seemed kind of stupid.. Parts of it were okay, but they were completely destroyed by the cliched "highschoolers with all the power" kind of plot it had..

4.5/10
Jun 28, 2013 5:41 AM

Jun 2013
Your whole argument is one giant insult towards me.
Have I attacked you personally anywhere? No? So why so vehement?
Since you are one of those people who thinks a show is bad in general if they dislike it. Implying Guilty Crown is bad is going to make yourself look special, i really don't have much good opinion of people like you.
Wow. To generalise like a racial supremacist. There, MY FIRST ATTACK ON you.

The biggest problems are these so called plotholes you mention. They are there in the show.......your failure to notice them doesn't make them plotholes. But you have to dance around saying that they are so called important plot holes in the show. People need something to complain so they create these so called plot-holes they failure to notice.
What? So, it's explicitly obvious that you gain piloting knowledge through injections?
Really? I'm pretty sure a lot of people must've "missed" that, due to it not really being "there". And, uh...it is kinda important, since it's a mecha show? I mean, piloting is not something you can pick up instantly. Generally, as mere flesh and blood beings, we have to go to piloting schools, spend some years there, get some experience, stuff like that. Just to fly a teensy plane. A giant battle robot? I'm sure anyone can pick that up on the go. Well, I wouldn't complain if you had some plausible reason for liking the show. But saying that it's perfect and there's nothing wrong and characters are likeable and all seem a bit far fetched.

As if Shu or Haruto is a bad characters. You people don't even have the simplest idea of character development, disregard suffering or sacrificing characters as bad or screw-ups....oh you are talking about the girls of this show with having Ayase as a picture. That's really laughable. Come back with reasons for hating the first than throwing random comments.
Shu was the bipolar king. His personality completely flips at the smallest provocation and his disposition is inherently whiny. Again, the implication I have no idea about the nuances of anime and basic story structure because I criticise one of your favorite anime and I have 3 posts on this forum. Good going.

Bringing my avatar into this? The shows aren't even comparable. I mean really. The affection of the girls in Valvrave are quite dodgy in their shallowness. One minute they like MC, the other minute they'd like to give up their humanity, then next, they're accepting rape. RAPE. Though I'd like to, I'm not going to defend Ayase because that's not really relevant. But yeah, consensual rape does sound plausible for female characters. Of course they'd consent.

An anime can be a mix of various stuff. If you can't get it then it's your problem. Rather than repeating i will just put down what someone said.....
To misconstrue my words completely. I never said anime can be a mix, and I'd really like it if you stopped treating me like a kid new to anime. What I did say, was Valvrave introduced CONFLICTING ELEMENTS into the story! You know, like Fire and water kind of opposing? I say the balance is Valvrave is wrong, as if it can't decide whether to be serious or casual. I mean, even the guy you quoted says he thinks the show is "serious business" but then goes on to say "They wanted people to have fun"...with serious business of course. Go on then. Prove me wrong. Provide me with evidence otherwise rather than attacking a person behind a keyboard.

This is such nonsense that i don't know what to say. When did he flirt from girl to girl? Are you really insane? Stop taking everything so literally. What he meant at that time was he has right to propose to her or to live normally. He became something that is not human, he attacks other people without any warnings and he doesn't have control over his body time to time, he killed several people without thinking about it............of course he will think like that. Seriously it's because he has human emotions that he cares for his friends and he tried to understand Saki better.
I said "Flit" not "Flirt". There's a difference. So...when he loses his affection for Shouko, whom he supposedly deeply loved but withdrew from because he loses his humanity, he decides to get with another girl, Saki, even without his humanity. What?
I don't know what to say about your "literally" comment, because honestly, I can't comprehend what you're saying. But...um your description of what is not human. Sounds an awful lot like some criminals and murderers these days. So...I'm guessing they're not actually human according to you. "Aliens". They're so annoying.
Humanity is your ability to empathise, to connect to the people around you. Now, he's lost that by becoming immortal...yet he still has emotion? Whatthefuck? Loss of humanity, but still able to care about people? Oh. Right. Sorry, I must be stupid for thinking that this idea was illogical.

Forgive me, you're obviously better than all of us.
Too good, so much so you have to attack me as a person, I get it.
Jun 28, 2013 5:43 AM
May 2012
Quite unexpected that loser girl got the 5th Valvrave. Looking forward to next season.
Jun 28, 2013 5:52 AM

Jun 2009
Damn, I want Haruto x Saki but it seems that not happen...
Great show,I hope second season airs soon.

Jun 28, 2013 5:58 AM
Aug 2012
@Yukitoki:

You know what i am sorry about bringing your avatar in this but that's the only thing i am sorry about. But your counters are not even worth replying literally. You don't even try to understand the show, spit nonsense about Guilty Crown and MC and have so much misconceptions that we will go repeating the same things and you won't even understand.

Stop staying something is a plot-hole because you missed it because you never tried to watch the show properly and decided to label it as parody.And your so called logic abut humanity loss is total NONSENSE. Criminals and Murderers..........seriously now? There is a limit to even nonsense you know.

Btw fire and ice, despite being opposite can create water or vapor whatever you name it, so yeah something new can come out of it. My previous comments counter your several points well enough, not going to waste another 30 minutes.

Just so you know, you are the one provoked me. I generalized the people who think this show is a comedy or parody as retarded losers. But since it hurt you so much that you started a tantrum. Why so? Because you are actually like that..........so it hurt you Elitist pride or something? At least give some arguments why you hate the characters....so far the things you have written just shows that you are mixing up the show with your delusions or you don't actually try to know what the hell is going on.

Jun 28, 2013 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

As good as the final episode, but certain choices in the plot I do not go to genius could use to render more attractive the second season, instead of wasting all these twists all at once. Too bad that Akira has become the last driver of the VVV, I wanted to here a nice twist. Really interesting twist on what VVV-tan, it is then only a humanoid interface, you also know who is the shadow behind it at the end of the ending. Drawings well made, advances as usual are very effect! XD
Jun 28, 2013 6:14 AM

Dec 2009
It's so bad it's good. 6/5
Jun 28, 2013 6:22 AM
May 2012
WOW!! WHAT A CLIFFHANGER ENDING JUST LIKE CODE GEASS R1!!!

We don't know IF haruto & L-elf got screwed by Cain though!

Now I'm really anxious see what happens next in Season 2! I don't care IF this show sucks though.
JafriZinJun 28, 2013 6:30 AM
Jun 28, 2013 6:38 AM

Jun 2011
I'll call it now. Haruto will go crazy and have sex with Saki while he's in L-Elf's body.
Jun 28, 2013 6:44 AM

Jun 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
@Yukitoki:

You know what i am sorry about bringing your avatar in this but that's the only thing i am sorry about. But your counters are not even worth replying literally. You don't even try to understand the show, spit nonsense about Guilty Crown and MC and have so much misconceptions that we will go repeating the same things and you won't even understand.

Stop staying something is a plot-hole because you missed it because you never tried to watch the show properly and decided to label it as parody.And your so called logic abut humanity loss is total NONSENSE. Criminals and Murderers..........seriously now? There is a limit to even nonsense you know.

Btw fire and ice, despite being opposite can create water or vapor whatever you name it, so yeah something new can come out of it. My previous comments counter your several points well enough, not going to waste another 30 minutes.

Just so you know, you are the one provoked me. I generalized the people who think this show is a comedy or parody as retarded losers. But since it hurt you so much that you started a tantrum. Why so? Because you are actually like that..........so it hurt you Elitist pride or something? At least give some arguments why you hate the characters....so far the things you have written just shows that you are mixing up the show with your delusions or you don't actually try to know what the hell is going on.

I'm going to assume English is not your first language and proceed from there.
I'm also going to assume you didn't study any philosophy or human psyche at all, or read anything pertaining to the topic of what encompasses humanity.
I tried. I tried so hard to make sense of it.
Kids running their own government, Emotional changes which made characters seem like they were on aphrodisiacs and then Shouko "coming back to life".
It doesn't follow a logical progression. Not even...

HAVE you NEVER heard the phrase " that person can't even be called human" when they've done something so horrendous people can't make sense of it? They have something wrong with them. They can't differentiate right from wrong. They've LOST THEIR HUMANITY. THEY CANNOT FEEL FOR OTHERS. What is there not to get?

Obviously you didn't get the point I was trying to make with my fire and water analogy. I'm saying there are some elements which just do not go well together. Do you get oil and water? Matter and Antimatter? Oil/ electric Fire and water?
The balance is off. There is too much of seriousness at some points and too much joking around in another. Yeah, something new can come out of "mixtures" of stuff, but usually, as in this case, we get a pile of useless fucking gunk.

So in expressing my opinion, you insulted me and classified me as a retarded loser. Really, how cruel to all the actual retarded learners in the world. You do them a disservice by placing me alongside them. So...can I then suppose that you don't have any tolerance for the rights of those people? You demean yourself and others with your comments and it's shameful to think that even on the internet, we cannot even show people the respect they deserve. Yes I started a tantrum, because you calling me a reatarded loser for expressing my opinion is like you telling a person of African American descent "Shut the fuck up and go to the back of the bus" because she said that he wanted to have equal rights. Sound familiar? No? Rosa Parks?

I hate the characters for their instability. As I have said, they constantly shift emotions and the rapidity with which they do so is illogical. Like Haruto from liking Shouko, to no Shouko, to Saki showing interest in him, and then he loses control and rapes her? And then she "rejects" him, by holding hands as he does the dirty. Yeah.
Oh, then he proposes, and even though she likes him and has sex with him, oh, sorry, no marriage for you. Still making sense.

Argument enough?
Jun 28, 2013 7:06 AM
Apr 2011
Asrance88 said:
Saki rejected Haruto's proposal though i still hope they get together in the end.. guess its to be expected for now.. but whats with their conversation?

what sort of things could she be referring to? wasn't she a virgin till Haruto.. just what kind of past did she have?

Woah, woah, woah. When did she say that?
Jun 28, 2013 7:24 AM
May 2013
Yukitoki said:
Kids running their own government, Emotional changes which made characters seem like they were on aphrodisiacs and then Shouko "coming back to life".

Real life logic=/=anime logic

Yukitoki said:
HAVE you NEVER heard the phrase " that person can't even be called human" when they've done something so horrendous people can't make sense of it? They have something wrong with them. They can't differentiate right from wrong. They've LOST THEIR HUMANITY. THEY CANNOT FEEL FOR OTHERS. What is there not to get?

Derpa derpa durrr bad subbing if you're talking about ep2. Some people even mentioned it was a bad mistranslation.
ExblasterJun 28, 2013 7:31 AM
Jun 28, 2013 7:37 AM

Jan 2013
The fuck did I just watch....
Jun 28, 2013 7:46 AM
Aug 2012
So finally Valvrave season 1 finished. Time to put my feelings about this episode into words.

First we get another time skip. We see Saki with her kid and she is talking to him about the third Galactic Empire. From what she says, Haruto must be the Founder as he is the "first one of them" and he lost "a lot of friends that day". All the while holding the locket more or less confirms that the affirmed promise is with Haruto. But why do i get a funny feeling that the kid is L-elf and those time travel theories are gonna start working? Well we can see that in season 2.

Saki rejecting haruto's proposal was handled well if i must say. It again goes to show how they started to understand each other. I really hope things work out well for this pair in the future.

Well the battle scenes are great as usual. the 3 Valvraves fighting together and watching each others back was really great to see. Well get to learn about Akira's past and how she was traumatized by the events. Well she became the pilot as predicted. The opening scene, the pilots are shown serially rather than looking left or right theory.

Now onto Valvrave 6, that thing can hack anything if used correctly. But i don't think it will be able to hack Valvraves and there is a limit on the number of units to be controlled. If used correctly, it can become a force to be reckoned with. Sunrise really goes all out when designing their Mechas, each of the unit was handled well.

But i didn't really expect them to kill the students with the same old poison gas strategy like Gundam series.........well i guess Cain wanted a painless death for them. We knew some kind of tragedy will happen, so i guess it can't be helped.

Now Cain, the guy is overpowered and i got the feeling he is going to be an awesome villain. He even put the untouchable L-elf like nothing and destroyed his predictions. L-elf becomes more likable when he is not actually invincible or perfect. So the Magius are a different group who have infiltrated both ARUS and Dorssia and they are controlling things from the shadows. Interesting concept by Sunrise making the special group the potential Villians. Haruto is a third generation Magius.......so i guess Cain must be a first or second generation. I can't really wait to learn more about these guys and the secret behind the Valvraves.

So the shadow in the ending is actually the cute AI's big brother and a pissed off one at that. Lol at some of those evil Haruto or haruto going dark side theory. That Valvrave looked rather demonic with those energy claws and everything. Overall an show that i really enjoyed. Sunrise nicely done. Just make the 2nd season more awesome.

@Yukitoki:

So kid first can you stop with this pointless insults? English is not your first language and all.........because your inability to understand what i said proves otherwise. Oh it isn't......you have a problem with that or are gonna pick on me for that. People think they are so smart when they use that dumb stupid line. Just laughable. I don't usually check people's list but seriously you went through all 12 episodes and gave it a 1. Well aren't you a masochist but tbh i think people like you are just elitist idiots who think they know all and they think their opinion is the only thing that counts. I really despise your types.

Yukitoki said:
I tried. I tried so hard to make sense of it.

Go take a lecture on philosophy or human psyche............you need it more than me. Seriously what kind of nonsense are you going on about again and again.

Yukitoki said:
So in expressing my opinion, you insulted me and classified me as a retarded loser. Really, how cruel to all the actual retarded learners in the world. You do them a disservice by placing me alongside them.

You know people throw a tantrum when someone says the right thing about them. So i wasn't really wrong because if are definitely one of those types. Besides did i tell you specifically? It's because you think you are one of them that you got so agitated and you started this tantrum.

Yukitoki said:
I hate the characters for their instability. As I have said, they constantly shift emotions and the rapidity with which they do so is illogical. Like Haruto from liking Shouko, to no Shouko, to Saki showing interest in him, and then he loses control and rapes her? And then she "rejects" him, by holding hands as he does the dirty. Yeah.
Oh, then he proposes, and even though she likes him and has sex with him, oh, sorry, no marriage for you.
Still making sense.

Instability.......really now? Did you even try watching or just skipped through the episodes? People can't have conflicts now? Just because you had a f**king bed of roses doesn't mean everyone had the same. Despite what you say, i am pretty sure you never tried to understand the characters. keep your dumb philosophy to yourself. You don't really need to be an expert to understand characters. In fact you shouldn't be watching anime if your use shitty logic like that.

About the rape part, i am just tired of repeating the same shit so but idiots like you won't understand no matter what i say. Haruto was controlled by the AI at that time and Saki was forced........keeping your retarded opinion in your pants about this thing. Haruto raped Saki, Saki gave in willingly.............we already had so many f**ked up arguments already so don't even start. Some sensible people have already gave some good explanation about this so the bold part is utter NONSENSE so how is it supposed to make sense?

So you think Valvrave is bad? Let me remind you just because a show doesn't suit taste and just because you elitist mind couldn't understand the stuff going on, doesn't the show bad. It doesn't make you retarded either just your taste is different. But now you are acting like an idiot throwing around tantrum so chill. Man i don't really want to waste anymore time on you. I am already enough tired as it is. Think what you will, cry as much as you want..........i am done with you.
Dragon_Slayer_XJun 28, 2013 7:52 AM

Jun 28, 2013 7:59 AM

Feb 2013
Now we have a space god to compliment the space vampires. Saki rejected Haruto. In the prologue, she seems to imply that both Haruto is the 'founder,' and that he is already dead at that point. Or at least, that's how I saw it.

Then there's Akira, of which I've decided I want one. All in all, 8/10 for this season. This was one of the most insane anime I ever watched. Tbh, I'm still not completely sure if I watched this show while I was sober or not.

Ah, one more thing. NTR next season, I am so dropping this show, so bad.
Jun 28, 2013 8:06 AM

Dec 2009
Fantastic finale.

2/10
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 28, 2013 8:08 AM

Jan 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
The fuck did I just watch....
Valrave.

On topic: I need me some Princess Liselotte...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 28, 2013 8:14 AM

Jul 2007
SCNFan said:
Asrance88 said:
Saki rejected Haruto's proposal though i still hope they get together in the end.. guess its to be expected for now.. but whats with their conversation?

what sort of things could she be referring to? wasn't she a virgin till Haruto.. just what kind of past did she have?

Woah, woah, woah. When did she say that?

At the start - however it means nothing. Its her usual "idol mask" - she did the same before when she went "lol I just used you to get powers, I totally surely never felt anything for you"

sLy777 said:
the kid is obviously l-elf and saki.

howaboutno.gif
Jun 28, 2013 8:19 AM
May 2010
Omg Akira Renbokouji get the purple Valvrave...
and really as bad as this series may be it does have some good twist lol.

can't wait for season 2 now.
Jun 28, 2013 8:32 AM

Sep 2008
And this is why I give every show at least 5 episodes before dropping. Well worth watching. So stupid, so silly, sooooooo bad, but so insanely fun.
Valvrave was great!
Jun 28, 2013 8:56 AM
May 2013
I don't mind who Haruto ends up with as long as none of them end up with L-Elf.
Jun 28, 2013 9:03 AM

May 2010
Still not impress enough but just good enough for to get curious and kill time
Jun 28, 2013 9:44 AM
Jan 2012
I was expecting the adult lisolette to show up in this episode but it didn't happen.

Anyway...So many things happening in this finale:

-Glimpse of adult Saki w/ 2 L-elf looking kids (wtf)
-Some illuminati shit controlling the Earth.
-Saki falsely rejecting Haruto's proposal.
-Mass death of students.
-OS girl talking.
-Cain > L-elf
-OS girl's bro hates humans; was trap in an amber like stone in Cain's pocket??
-Unit 2 showing with VVV light forming its arms and legs.
-2nd season preview is overkill.
Jun 28, 2013 9:45 AM

Jul 2012
I love it!
What a fantastic and disastrous trainwreck!
I'll give an 8/10, because it was incredible funny to watch (even if i couldn't understand all of it after read two wikias and the entire articule on wikipedia) :D
PS:This guy here was totally owned: Yukitoki (control + f his name to see why)
Jun 28, 2013 9:59 AM

Oct 2012
yo dawg whos the kid at the beginning?! Can't be L-elf's son and Saki? what happen to the "so-called rape" and married? Well that escalated quickly.
Jun 28, 2013 10:02 AM

Jul 2012
666/10 I will remember this anime for YEARS...
About the kid I fucking hope he's not children of Haruto and Saki, because if he is it means that Eru-erufu give his body to Haruto for the sake of plot twist. It's body NTR and I hate it.
joshua_maiJun 28, 2013 10:15 AM
Jun 28, 2013 10:26 AM

Jan 2013
Danpmss said:
I love it!
What a fantastic and disastrous trainwreck!
I'll give an 8/10, because it was incredible funny to watch (even if i couldn't understand all of it after read two wikias and the entire articule on wikipedia) :D
PS:This guy here was totally owned: Yukitoki (control + f his name to see why)
Wut?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 28, 2013 10:30 AM

Oct 2012
joshua_mai said:
666/10 I will remember this anime for YEARS...
About the kid I fucking hope he's not children of Haruto and Saki, because if he is it means that Eru-erufu give his body to Haruto for the sake of plot twist. It's body NTR and I hate it.

I HATE NTR!!! god damn these twisted plots >_<
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

342 by Catalano »»
Sep 29, 2021 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.