Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2009 3:27 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cute episode. Ken x Sora ftw ^_^

lol @ "I want to arrest you forever"
Apr 5, 2010 12:56 AM

Feb 2008
felt like filler, but wasn't really bad.
May 3, 2010 3:14 PM

Mar 2010
I really liked it. That showed Sora's stage. She's free that way.
I still don't like May anyway --' she's really anoying GRRR But she will have what she deserves muahahah ^^
Sep 18, 2010 5:36 AM

Sep 2008
Sora's performances are so free, light, and happy. :) Episode felt unrealistic and kind of cliché (have seen things like this in other anime where the bad guy comes around because of something main character does and turns himself in...) but it was still enjoyable. Sora's strength of character is really shining through.

May still bothers me. She should go back to her ice rink. :|

hirahira said:
Ken x Sora ftw ^_^

YES. :D
Jan 3, 2011 8:41 PM

Aug 2010
I was kinda hoping that Ken would do something dramatic to save Sora from the guy robbing the bank, but I loved seeing Sora perform again.

Feb 26, 2013 6:30 PM

Apr 2010
i'm confused about the above comments. unless i'm on a completely different episode, which i'm sure i'm not, this should be the episode 41 discussion.

anyways.

May slapping Sora for not agreeing to a battle on stage is like kicking a person because they didn't want to eat something because of the taste. you just don't want to do it. now, if Sora like ran over May's pet cat and laughed immediately afterwards, then i'd understand a bit of anger and a slap would be warranted thereafter, but not for something as trivial as denying to duel against their wishes.

Layla defending May was unjust and blemishes her previous personality from the beginning half of Kaleido Star.
Aug 2, 2014 5:46 PM

Apr 2010
bnaks said:
i'm confused about the above comments. unless i'm on a completely different episode, which i'm sure i'm not, this should be the episode 41 discussion.

anyways.

May slapping Sora for not agreeing to a battle on stage is like kicking a person because they didn't want to eat something because of the taste. you just don't want to do it. now, if Sora like ran over May's pet cat and laughed immediately afterwards, then i'd understand a bit of anger and a slap would be warranted thereafter, but not for something as trivial as denying to duel against their wishes.

Layla defending May was unjust and blemishes her previous personality from the beginning half of Kaleido Star.

I'm guessing they watched a version without those 2 recap episodes after the end of the 1st season...thus discussing what happens for us like 2 eps ahead of what we know.

Indeed...by the end of the 1st season I actually started liking Layla...now...it made me think of her just like I did at the start of the series...that she's a heartless bitch.
Oct 19, 2015 9:09 AM

Dec 2012
Kaleido Love Triangle. At least that's the vibe this whole thing gives off. I really hope Sora doesn't fall for Leon though, bleh. Even if he has some tragic past, he's still a dick. Although admittedly it was a shock to watch him lose his composure when he thought of Sophie.

Ugh, Layla and May's expectations of Sora are making my head spin. I like Sora's current dream. Competition and rivalry isn't inherently bad, but it was swallowing Sora before and just wasn't fitting what she wanted to do with her performance.
May 26, 2017 3:44 AM
Aug 2014
Off course it was Sora's fault again; this time time for not trying to steal May's leading role.

Her no battling dream is completely unrealistic though; as there is bound to come a point where two people want the same role. Thought her dream was to make a show that's enjoyable fore everyone, not sure what no "battling" has to do with that.
Dec 6, 2020 3:07 AM

Oct 2008
And just as when you think that the show is going back to it's roots with Sora's new resolve, it seems that this episode wants to make Sora wrong again about her new resolve about not competing. Seriously, what's going on!? At this point I'm not even sure what message is this show trying to tell anymore.

And Please don't tell me that May is right about competing? To me, May's motivation is wrong and despicable. Nothing but to disrupt Sora's growth And her slapping Sora totally enrages me.
jestynDec 6, 2020 3:14 AM
Mar 3, 2022 5:12 AM

Oct 2020
May slapping Sora was a bit immature, but i understand her but still, anyways it was pretty good. 3.5/5
Apr 1, 2022 8:28 PM
Oct 2017
My god, May is just on her high horse, isn’t she? Rival or not, who slaps someone else because they have a different pov than you. Layla’s comment about not competing is also insulting doesn’t even apply here and why should Sora care about May’s feelings after all the sh— May put her through.

I don’t like Leon but I do enjoy how his interest in Sora is messing with May a bit so I’m hoping for more of that.
Dec 30, 2022 2:51 PM

Apr 2010
this show is so cool.. so cool.....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 24 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 4, 2010

7 by Safrichh »»
Feb 27, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 23 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 3, 2010

9 by Safrichh »»
Feb 11, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 22 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 3, 2010

13 by Safrichh »»
Jan 6, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 42 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 15, 2010

5 by LotteGiants »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 34 Discussion

hirahira - Jan 11, 2009

13 by LotteGiants »»
Dec 22, 2023 8:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.