Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 30, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
neontaster said:
IntroverTurtle said:
neontaster said:
So I guess it's cool to say this wasn't good? Pfft. Whatever.
Or maybe people really didn't think that it was that good. Especially compared to the other stuff.

I didn't say it was impossible to not like this. I'm saying several people who say it isn't good would have scored it a 10 if it came out in 1998 exactly as it is now.
How do you figure that? And this art and animation would actually be pretty good for that time. And how many other Gits related anime had come out at that time?

You seem awfully defensive for some reason. The gentleman doth protest too much, perhaps?

Look, I'm sure there are plenty of people with GitS nostalgia who will find all sorts of faults with this (god knows why), but then there are the people who are either afraid to say it is good, or just choose to ignore that it is. To say the animation was bad or that the story was stupid implies to me that those people don't know what they're talking about. You might not have liked the animation and/or story, but bad? Give me a break.
Jun 30, 2013 8:17 AM

Mar 2012
The animation is bad, for a Ghost in the Shell anime in 2013. You expect more from big franchises.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 30, 2013 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
Araby said:
The animation is bad, for a Ghost in the Shell anime in 2013.

No it isn't.
Jun 30, 2013 8:59 AM

Mar 2012
Fine, fine. Agree to disagree.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 30, 2013 9:13 AM

Nov 2010
neontaster said:
IntroverTurtle said:
neontaster said:
IntroverTurtle said:
neontaster said:
Or maybe people really didn't think that it was that good. Especially compared to the other stuff.

I didn't say it was impossible to not like this. I'm saying several people who say it isn't good would have scored it a 10 if it came out in 1998 exactly as it is now.
How do you figure that? And this art and animation would actually be pretty good for that time. And how many other Gits related anime had come out at that time?

You seem awfully defensive for some reason. The gentleman doth protest too much, perhaps?

Look, I'm sure there are plenty of people with GitS nostalgia who will find all sorts of faults with this (god knows why), but then there are the people who are either afraid to say it is good, or just choose to ignore that it is. To say the animation was bad or that the story was stupid implies to me that those people don't know what they're talking about. You might not have liked the animation and/or story, but bad? Give me a break.
See this is where the conversation ends, no need to respond. You make some statement with no proof about people only saying an anime is bad to be cool and when asked to explain you start calling someone defensive. It sounds like you're butthurt about people not liking an anime you do, thinking the only reason that they could not like it is if they're faking it.
Jun 30, 2013 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
See this is where the conversation ends, no need to respond. You make some statement with no proof about people only saying an anime is bad to be cool and when asked to explain you start calling someone defensive. It sounds like you're butthurt about people not liking an anime you do, thinking the only reason that they could not like it is if they're faking it.

You're the one who responded to my post. I wasn't having a conversation with you to begin with, just posting my impression with some of the comments in this thread. You say I don't explain myself, but neither did the people who were bashing it. If someone posts a one line "the animation sucked," why should I respond with anything more detailed than "no it doesn't"? The person clearly isn't interested in having a discussion about it or they'd lay out their case initially.

And you seem to lack understanding of what butthurt means. I actually find it amusing to see people bash this for having a bad plot or bad animation.
Jun 30, 2013 9:42 AM

Dec 2012
It wasn't bad, I would be lying if I said I wasn't expecting more.

The Major is still hot, but...but it's not the major. Maaya does a great job as her VA (as per usual) but I just can't wrap my brain around this being the Major.

As for the animation, I didn't pay it any mind, sure it should be better, but it was good enough. Honestly I was expecting something mediocre on the animation stand point, and as long as everything else lives up to snuff, I can care less about it.

Also the opening (if you would even call it that) was horrendous.
JovooJun 30, 2013 9:47 AM
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Jul 1, 2013 10:09 AM
Jan 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
this was average, maybe above average - but as an entry in the GitS franchise it was a big disappointment.

Agreed.
Jul 1, 2013 2:47 PM

Jun 2009
Too bad there is no anime in GITSverse after Innocence ...

This one is terrible even as generic cyberpunk.
Jul 1, 2013 3:58 PM

Nov 2011
Arqentum said:
Too bad there is no anime in GITSverse after Innocence ...

This one is terrible even as generic cyberpunk.

Not everything can be as sublime as... Code Geass R2. LMAO.

Seriously guys - if you're going to be snobs, at least have snobbish taste.
Jul 1, 2013 4:15 PM

Jun 2009
Mattaku ... it seems seeing R2 as one of the highest ranked anime in myanimelist turns off any leftovers of thinking process.

I have never ever heard anything more constructive than 'R2 in top? lmao newb'.

Care to see the rest of list? no? :okay:
Jul 1, 2013 4:30 PM

Apr 2012
akerameneh said:
I still didn't get this part fully, can someone please read the spoiler box and clarify for me? thank you

So the government illegaly sold weapons in the past. A foreign power learned it and tried to incriminate Japan since its illegal. For some reason the foreign power decided to frame lieutenant Mamuro to make the scandal public (maybe because the minister was too high protected). But Mamuro saw he was getting framed, and wanted to bring the minister (the real illegal arm seller) down with him. But that would have discredited the whole 501 unit, so the minister and unit 501 agree to put the blame on Mamuro, while killing him (perfect cover-up). As did the foreign power, but the foreign power wanted to use a virus then blow him up (so no proof of foreign manipulation), but unit 501 got the mine and the brain, thus proving the enemy plot in case anything went public. In the aftermath, only the spies who knew about the fake bribe to Mamuro went to retrieve the money (again to erase proof of foreign manipulation).

Basically it was either to let Mamuro die quickly with the virus, or going public and think other and slower countermeasures. Motoko was involved because Mamuro trusted her to help investigate as soon as she returned, but she was almost framed too (since she had the same virus) and once again if it's a rogue Motoko that killed Mamuro, the foreign power eludes responsability.
EratiKJul 1, 2013 5:00 PM
Jul 1, 2013 5:29 PM

Nov 2011
Arqentum said:
Mattaku ... it seems seeing R2 as one of the highest ranked anime in myanimelist turns off any leftovers of thinking process.

I have never ever heard anything more constructive than 'R2 in top? lmao newb'.

Care to see the rest of list? no? :okay:

Just like the previous guy - you think you can dismiss this with a single sentence, but then demand that I properly address you. If your original post didn't sound like it came from a wannabe snob who wouldn't know cyberpunk if it smacked him in the face then maybe I'd look a bit deeper. And a high score on MAL? Justin Bieber has 80 trillion Twitter followers. Does that make him good?

And just a note for future people in this thread - if you want to have a discussion, then you start by posting something that isn't a one line dismissal that makes it sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Otherwise don't cry when I dismiss you with the same conciseness.
Jul 1, 2013 8:12 PM

Apr 2012
akerameneh said:
EratiK said:
akerameneh said:
I still didn't get this part fully, can someone please read the spoiler box and clarify for me? thank you
Thanks very very much for your awesome explanation man... now I understand it all thanks to you~ cheeers~~! so the foregin power or the enemy wasn't going to kill him, but just implement him with the virus and make him go public with the information, but when they saw that unit 501 and the vice-minister were very close in the investigations to mamuro, they were afraid they were gonna discover their interference with mamuro's brain, so they decided to kill him as well by blowing him up so that no one can know that he was infected by them ? thanks again man
You're welcome. I admit I didn't understand everything the first time. But no, I think they were going to kill him anyway (by blowing him up) because if things got public Mamuro would get a routine check and the virus would be discovered. Note some circumstances are still unclear, maybe more details will be added in the next movies (about the virus "fire-starter" for example).

Looking back, the next movie is probably going to be about recruiting Ishikawa, Borma and Saitou (all who have yet to be introduced). This could be good.
EratiKJul 1, 2013 8:29 PM
Jul 1, 2013 9:55 PM

Sep 2011
As a GitS fan this is a piece of shit. I'm not going to bother reiterating what has already been said. I honestly rather never see another GitS season then get another one of these movies. If this was some alternate take on the series I'd be okay with it, something like a lighter version to attract new blood to GitS. This was just terrible; sorry but even forgetting it was a GitS anime it was still bad. The animation was okay but everything else was pretty horrible 4/10.
Jul 2, 2013 2:13 AM

Jun 2009
neontaster said:
<demagogue>...</demagogue>
And just a note for future people in this thread - if you want to have a discussion, then you start by posting something that isn't a one line dismissal that makes it sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Otherwise don't cry when I dismiss you with the same conciseness.

Just a picture of 'How you think you look like':

It is pretty much obvious for anyone who watched GITS that this crap is terrible and have nothing in common with original.
Have fun watching awful generic cyberpunk without a single philosophical undertone and lack of in-universe logic.
But hey, they've got Motoko in bra in one ova more times than in two seasons and movies combined!
Jul 2, 2013 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
Arqentum said:
*thinks he's being clever*

Ah, oh possessor of superior intellect and knowledge of all things plot and science fiction. Go back to Olympus and let us peasants enjoy our shitty below average anime while you drink out of your golden Lelouch chalice and mock us mortal plebs.

Ass.

Thanks for proving my point by continuing your vague, unsupported claims. Attack the messenger to mask the fact that you're terrified of actually having an opinion instead of being a groupthink sheep. Be honest - you read this thread before you watched it, didn't you? I bet you did.

Oh, and I did look through your anime list. You scored Kara no Kyoukai a 7. Who's the pleb now? Hahahahaha.
neontasterJul 2, 2013 5:58 AM
Jul 3, 2013 8:20 AM

Mar 2010
neontaster said:
Welcome to the cool otaku club!
Jul 3, 2013 12:13 PM

Jun 2009
Shinryuken said:

Jul 3, 2013 12:22 PM

Apr 2011
Arqentum said:
Shinryuken said:

Wont you get hungry?
Jul 3, 2013 2:30 PM

Jun 2009
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

Wont you get hungry?

It is difficult to feed averaging 20 posts per year but thanks for concern.
Jul 3, 2013 2:46 PM

Nov 2011
Arqentum said:
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:

Wont you get hungry?

It is difficult to feed averaging 20 posts per year but thanks for concern.

Yeah, you tend to confine yourself to quality posts only, like "There is no GitS after Innocence."
Jul 3, 2013 3:23 PM

Jun 2009
Taking in account the only one who was enraged or at very least cared to answer
to this incredibly provocative post about such an ingenious masterpiece of modern cyberpunk - it should be obvious who usually feed me.
Jul 3, 2013 3:28 PM

Nov 2011
Arqentum said:
Taking in account the only one who was enraged or at very least cared to answer
to this incredibly provocative post about such an ingenious masterpiece of modern cyberpunk - it should be obvious who usually feed me.

Says the person who cared enough to put me in his sig. We only get this gold 20 times a year? That's a damn shame.
Jul 3, 2013 8:23 PM

Feb 2009
I'm cautiously optimistic about the rest of this. I can't say I like the changes in character design and the OP sucks but I can live with that depending on how the rest of it turns out. So far I kind of doubt it will live up to SAC but it's not terrible or something.

I was rather amused that someone writing the script threw in a reference to Stuxnet.

Still, my favorite part of this so far is Maaya Sakamoto's voice, even though I like the old Major, too.
Jul 4, 2013 3:07 AM

Jan 2012
I can't express how glad I was to see more of Ghost in the Shell. It was a show I really loved. The movie was pretty decent, I enjoyed the plot and the action. Now I'm rather excited to see the other movies.

Jul 5, 2013 12:12 AM

Jan 2011
As a origin story I didn't mind it. Meh on the art and whatnot but it's nice to have GitS back and not a bad GitS at that.
Jul 5, 2013 1:20 AM

Aug 2012
neontaster said:
IntroverTurtle said:
neontaster said:

I dunno how to tell you this.. but it's 2013.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Jul 5, 2013 5:39 AM

Oct 2009
Pretty decent, well its just the start hopefully it does get better, really though...Makoto :/ not hot enough :( also her oppai are smaller too T_T

I think Maaya did a pretty good job as the Major, it was very much like Tanaka's. Batou though...
:P

I liked it, to me it did feel like GitS but not quite there yet.

7/10
AozureJul 5, 2013 5:45 AM
Jul 5, 2013 10:56 AM

Aug 2010
rated 10 without even watching it ;)
Jul 5, 2013 11:00 PM

Aug 2008
Not bad! Really felt like you could link it to the Stand Alone Complex series. It had a similar pacing, attention to detail and set up. And since I LOVE Stand Alone Complex, I was more than happy to see this. Also, it was very nice to learn more about Motoko.

Jul 9, 2013 9:39 AM

Jun 2012
My knowledge of Ghost in the Shell is limited as I have only seen 1 movie and parts of Stand Alone Complex. I figured I would give this a try though since its a prequel and I did like what I saw from SAC.

I was not disappointed this was definitely good as far as im concerned. I liked the fighting style and the characters. Since I don't actually know that much about Ghost in the Shell I was a little lost as to what was actually true. I plan on watching more of this series before the second movie comes out though so hopefully I will better understand in the future.

8/10
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jul 9, 2013 3:43 PM

Mar 2012
it's not bad, but it's mediocre. we are talking about GitS!
this looks more like a prequel of the original GitS movie. i miss the SAC series, yet i like the new design of Motoko. but i had higher expectations...
Jul 10, 2013 12:30 AM

Sep 2011
Not bad, but wasn't great. Didn't like the artwork, I also watched the older series in dub so I'm not used to the Japanese voices.
8/10.
Jul 11, 2013 6:06 AM

Jan 2010
Tried to watch in neitrally, but after that
moment I laughed loud and refused to take it seriously. Let's just say it is already good because it's not has homosexual dolphins in it. Screamers-ripoff landmines that didn't kill/seriously injured guy in close contact, CDs in 2027 (where they supposed to insert it, even that Surface thing doesn't support it) dominatrix-style military unit commanders
, and fully prosthetic cyborgs having recoil from shooting just like ordinary humans is a much improvement from Ubukata Tow previous GITS fanfic that is Mardock Scramble. 5/10
JCDenton1989Jul 11, 2013 6:12 AM
Jul 11, 2013 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
JCDenton1989 said:
Tried to watch in neitrally, but after that
moment I laughed loud and refused to take it seriously. Let's just say it is already good because it's not has homosexual dolphins in it. Screamers-ripoff landmines that didn't kill/seriously injured guy in close contact, CDs in 2027 (where they supposed to insert it, even that Surface thing doesn't support it) dominatrix-style military unit commanders
, and fully prosthetic cyborgs having recoil from shooting just like ordinary humans is a much improvement from Ubukata Tow previous GITS fanfic that is Mardock Scramble. 5/10

In a future with so much advanced hacking technology, physical media would probably be critical for sensitive information. Why a CD? Why not? Sure plays better on screen than a tiny flash drive or something similar. Personally, I find it overall weirder that they have a Blade Runnerish future with fully functional cyborgs and artificial intelligence and it is only 15 years from now.
Jul 11, 2013 7:05 AM

Nov 2008
neontaster said:
In a future with so much advanced hacking technology, physical media would probably be critical for sensitive information. Why a CD? Why not? Sure plays better on screen than a tiny flash drive or something similar. Personally, I find it overall weirder that they have a Blade Runnerish future with fully functional cyborgs and artificial intelligence and it is only 15 years from now.
Well, Shirow couldn't have predicted what the world would be like in 40 years. You have to forget the last 23 years. I find that easier to do than to believe that they would be using ordinary discs/cases in such an age. They could have at least gone with a modern looking 80 mm disc case.

I don't remember that part, though. I could be missing something. Maybe it's depicted as vintage.

Jul 11, 2013 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
Ezekiel said:
neontaster said:
Well, Shirow couldn't have predicted what the world would be like in 40 years. You have to forget the last 23 years. I find that easier to do than to believe that they would be using ordinary discs/cases in such an age. They could have at least gone with a modern looking 80 mm disc case.

I don't remember that part, though. I could be missing something. Maybe it's depicted as vintage.

Ah, but then we get Star Wars prequels syndrome where because the prequels were made later, the technology in them looks more advanced than in the older movies that occur later chronologically in the movie universe. I think a prequel to GitS has to be made with 1990's mentality because it comes chronologically prior to things that were made in the 90s.
Jul 14, 2013 7:29 AM

Apr 2008
There's a lot to say about the newest incarnation of GitS. I really like that this is a take on the formation of section 9, but Makoto's backstory leaves a lot to be desired. It just falls terribly short of what we got in SAC, but at least they left her abillities alone. It's nicce to see that Paz might get some more screen time, and who knows, maybe even Bourma will finally get to do something. Tougusa and Batou seem like ghosts of their other selves here, but there's always room from improvement in the next movies. Poor Saitou, they took your hair, man.

Overall it was pretty good. It's different enough from what came before that the change in design and VA doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. There could have been a little more weight to the story. A little more clarity in the plot would have been nice, but since when does GitS ever make the plot 'easy'?
Jul 15, 2013 4:05 AM

Mar 2012
I am a bit confused. The plot is before all the films and series?
Mankind’s greatest fear is Mankind itself.
Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

REAL LIFE Anime videos on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof9ppdHcniLAS_pFoRkqfw
Jul 16, 2013 4:53 PM

Jun 2008
Kaede-San said:
Doesn't feel like Ghost in the Shell.

Yes it did. The complecated hard to follow plot with a twist and the many confusing conversations etc.
It still had Ghost in the Shell plot BUT it also felt like something wasn't quite right. One of them was probably the music.

I have to say i was disappointed by character artwork and animation considering this are being done like movies and is not a TV series.
Also although the new Major voice and Aramaki still sound decent to me i can't say the same about the other guys.
As for the artwork style the characters have. It is how we feared. Everyone looks worse with this style. i guess it could have been even worse.

As an anime is probably still more decent than most things out there but as a Ghost in the Shell it feels mediocre.
Jul 21, 2013 8:47 AM

Aug 2012
iHitokage said:
I am a bit confused. The plot is before all the films and series?

Yes, sort of.

Monad said:
It still had Ghost in the Shell plot BUT it also felt like something wasn't quite right.

I think that's what people mean when they say it wasn't GitS.
The story was ok, kind of light actually and somewhat dull, but for a prologue that's ok, no biggy. However the visuals.... it was all over the place. I don't even know where to begin: the storyboard was terrible, Motoko's look was inconsistent (poorly done key frames), fight choreography - just not there and much much more. I guess that's why it's an OVA, but there are TV series done much better than this.
Jul 21, 2013 11:59 AM

Feb 2008
Bad haircut aside I'm warming up to Motoko's new look. Topped off with the red bike... I couldn't help but think of Priss.

http://i12.fastpic.ru/big/2010/1114/26/9a6ea242f7a3b5eb4780ac1b972f2626.jpg

In many ways this even kind of felt more like a new Bubblegum Crisis, haha. I'm not really complaining. The manga is different, the movies are different, SAC is different, and this is different. I wanted Mardock Scramble to be good, and it didn't do much for me outside of the visuals, but this seemed to be a pretty good start to some good modern cyberpunk.
Jul 25, 2013 5:37 PM

May 2012
Not quite understanding the complaints about the fight choreography. Yes, it's not quite as good as the 1995 theatrical film, but the fights were certainly better than the ones in the two seasons of SAC where Motoko was typically just hopelessly more competent than her opponents and dispatched all of them with ease, making for uninterestingly one-sided engagements.

There are also a lot of complains about the soundtrack here, but I mostly enjoyed the opening theme and rather minimal soundtrack, although I wasn't super fond of some of the more upbeat tracks. Each to their own, I suppose.

Lastly, I liked the new character designs, Motoko and Batou in particular. The complaint that the Major is "less sexy" is hardly a valid one, and comparisons to shows like Naruto are hardly illuminating or productive. I know some people who just couldn't get past the way that her outfit in SAC looked like it was intended to be fanservice or eye-candy, and while that wasn't a big negative for me personally, I still feel that her design in Arise looks much more reasonable.

[color=#f3e7dd]join the quietly discursive at quiet discourse
Jul 26, 2013 12:12 AM

Oct 2008
_liar said:
The complaint that the Major is "less sexy" is hardly a valid one

Whether or not that's a "valid" complaint, I think that's pretty much an objective fact, lol.

Also, I think the exact opposite, Motoko and Batou's designs are the worst imo. Other than that though, I agree That this was pretty good, but not as good as SAC or the original. Then again, this is only the first movie, so we'll have to wait and see where this goes before we compare it to the other installments..
Jul 31, 2013 1:52 AM
Oct 2012
Arise was actually very well done imo. I thought the animation looked very unique, fluid, and detailed. The story was very fitting for Ghost in the Shell, and I am really excited to see how they expand on this. I especially liked seeing Makoto in her earlier days.

In regards to all of the negative comments about the show, I cannot believe people are looking at this and saying its trash because of simple things such as a CD being used in the future. At the very least its a choice for art direction, let alone the fact that that physical media would be an asset for security reasons (as stated by neontaster).

People look at this and compare it to SAC and such and want it to be the third season, for which it is not. This is very different from that show, just as the manga is different from the show and so is the movie. Its the same deal as Nolan's batman movies, and the batman comics. His presentation of the same characters is going to be different, even though they may not be completely 100% the same.

Arise is unique in its own ways, and I enjoyed it for what it was. I love SAC, the manga, and movies, but i love them for the universe that they are in, and I respect that another director may have a vision different from another's.

Not saying people have to like it, but a large majority of what I have read regarding it being bad has not really had any backing, and instead just been because it wasn't another installment of SAC. It never was that from the second it was announced.
Aug 2, 2013 12:03 PM

Feb 2013
Finally got round to watching GITS: Arise and I really enjoyed it. The dynamics of the show are obviously different, but you still get the same feeling you get if you were to watch the original series.

The animation quality was fantastic as ever (I love Production I.G.), the camera angles and shots were great; they were all appropriate for each scene. After watching Arise I appreciate the animation style a lot more, although I still prefer the original art style. That’s not to discredit Arise in any way, it's just personal preference and i would enjoy watching any other anime that has this art.

The music was ok not the best, there needed to be better music when it came to action sequences but other than that it was good enough.

I liked the story; it had remnants from the 1995 movie but enough for it to stand on its own. It felt different without the full cast of section 9 in this episode, but the team is slowly getting together and I’ve like all the character interactions. So far.
The only moment I didn't like was at some action sequences where Motoko and the enemy lacked any urgency.

There were clear moments where Motoko could have escaped and clear moments where the enemy could have killed her, but they were all thwarted by a small fence and waiting for them to jump into a car.

Overall i enjoyed it, still need to watch the other episodes before i can fully compare it to the other series and give my full opinion. I'm looking forward to the other episodes; it felt so good watching some new Ghost in the Shell content.
Aug 16, 2013 5:02 AM

Sep 2012
I had no idea this was a thing, and lo and behold I check my fav anime site and there it is. Watched it right away. For all of the haters on here, I can see why they feel like it isn't the same or "bad" even, but c'mon son. I enjoyed it immensely, not quite as much as SAC granted, but then again that show is among my favorite shows of all time.

Music/animation/etc I've never really been a big stickler over (unless it's complete and utter crap). To me, all of the different elements flowed together quite nicely. Music still had a classic GitS feel, more subdued perhaps and not as epic as some of the amazing songs from SAC or its movies, but hey, not all animes can have music by Yoko Kanno. Also, I felt that the animation was fine. About on par with SAC, and while some could say it could have been "better" due to being an OVA, it's really not much different from other OVA's I've seen.

Character designs to me were pretty much all the same as previous iterations, except of course Motoko, Batou, and Aramaki. I enjoyed Motoko's new look tbh. While the SAC version was more in line with Shirow's original vision, I think that the less "sexy" version fits in line with the likes of the first movie. I feel like it's something someone would actually wear. Batou looked like a younger version of himself, same with Aramaki, so those I had no qualms with either.

I get the feeling that people are just trying to find things to not like about the anime when they should just be enjoying it for what it is. A new awesome installment in a great series.
"If you hire a sell-sword, you'd better watch your back. Hire me, and I'll watch it for you."
-Kazandu Blademaster
Aug 17, 2013 10:30 AM

Aug 2013
Was I confused? Yes.
Was I sucked into the atmosphere? Yes.
Did I shout BATOOOOUU when Batou showed up? Yes
Naked Motoko? Yes and artfully done.
Some philosophy? YESSS.

Maaan I’m totally relieved Arise didn’t turn into something totally different from the rest of the franchise.

I can’t wait for Ghost Whispers. ARISE seems to have that feel that Ghost in the Shell perfected so well.
Aug 20, 2013 8:55 AM

Dec 2008
Have to admit. Though I didn't like how it started, it ended up being very good. But I still have a hard time imagining Sakamoto Maaya & this design as the Major.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Philosphy

Hashira_1996 - Aug 1, 2022

1 by Lafansujie »»
Aug 4, 2022 6:02 AM

» Watching Order for Ghost in a Shell: Arise

pokuchoppu - Oct 20, 2014

6 by Xenoseeker »»
Oct 3, 2015 7:47 PM

» Thoughts on art &amp; style so far?

BRSxIgnition - Jan 30, 2013

38 by Gr3g00r »»
Nov 27, 2014 5:20 PM

» Entry has been split...

loghneckbeard - Jun 23, 2013

11 by Restless_Soul »»
Oct 5, 2014 11:39 AM

» Do I need to watch anything?

Haytin - Jan 27, 2014

2 by Haytin »»
Jan 27, 2014 8:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.