Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 30, 2013 7:16 AM

Nov 2012
damn the final battle is not really bad XD
so in the end , jubei became samurai bride? hmm.. cool cool :p
but in the same way I was thinking.. is it incest? -_-

btw the ending is good.. I like it.. (8/10)

looks like there will be no sequel of this.. I will just let it end.. :)
Jun 30, 2013 12:21 PM

Aug 2012
Overall 6/10 decent.

The plot took a few twists and turns but it was pretty clear who the Samurai Bride would be.

It was also pretty clear that the plot was not gonna be the main focus of the show. I'm not gonna ding the series on something it knew it didn't really need in the first place.

But man, I would've loved to see more of the "strong" Jubei. Hot.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jul 5, 2013 11:12 AM

May 2011
I personally really enjoyed the final battle and this episode was certainly pretty epic with the non stop action scenes. So glad to see everyone alright at the end as well and that they were all able to return safely. A nice and happy ending ftw.

I loved the transformation that Juubei had to become a samurai bride. She looked beautiful in that outfit and dem neko ears <3. It was great to see Juubei and Muneakira fighting together like that too, it was a good way to end everything off tbh.
Jul 9, 2013 6:06 AM

Mar 2013
Worse than the frist season in every way possible so 5/10.

Jul 13, 2013 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty interesting season, quite a ending as well, gets a 9/10 from me and I would say its pretty much the same as the first season...

I dont know whats with the low score here but I liked it. Maybe I'm just too kinda hearted.

I'm hoping for a 3rd season with a Harem end, xD
Jul 20, 2013 12:01 AM

Apr 2010
That was pretty much a mediocre season. Added a couple new Master Samurai with no to no reason. Plus really didn't understand Jubei's transformation(fox ears & a jetpack?).

Spring season had quite a few sequels that didn't really do much and just fell flat. It was pretty much "well, here's more of the same" type of shows.

JustALEX said:
The final episode was very Sailor Moonish...

Yeah. Plus I didn't catch until the end, but they used the Sailor Moon sound effects when Honzo/Matabei became Master Samurai and when Jubei became a Samurai Bride.
Aug 6, 2013 6:34 AM
Aug 2013
there can be 3rd season i believe but bit hard...
i guess they should resurrect whatever that evil samurai called and then a final battle happens and every1 dies and enough of happy endings.
i'd say this episode was 8/10 but i hated her using flowers everywhere...
PlaycanonAug 6, 2013 6:37 AM
Aug 8, 2013 6:43 PM

May 2012
Pretty action filled ending, but it's good the ending was all good and proper, a good ending to finish off this series.

Although I did like this change in pace and story telling from this season I do prefered the first season more, the actual atmosphere and pacing where better there.

But well this second season sure was lovely as well especially when Juubei actually changed in a Samurai Bride!

I do wonder if there might ever be a third season, if there would be I'd sure to watch it! Lets now wait for the ecchi specials!
Aug 10, 2013 1:22 AM

May 2010
The final two episodes were particularly epic! Thrilling battles, sacrificing yourself to save your allies... just turning around for a moment can get you killed by a sure-kill stab!

Monster looked pretty cool and so did all the attacks. Especially liked the inside of the monster with the dark wavy background and floating broken swords. That was beautiful.

lol at the barrier fixers. They worked for 99 hours then just one minute left to finish the repair and they all stop to run away while everyone else is like dying in battle.
Sep 22, 2013 11:13 PM

Nov 2007
I can still think of several samurai names they can use for a 3rd season, but for now this a decent ending... I still want more though I can never get enough Juubei.
Feb 25, 2014 5:42 AM

Aug 2011
This even sucked more than the first season. If that's even possible.

» Escapism.

Mar 27, 2014 7:23 PM

Sep 2013
Why can't they just stick to the novels?! Good lord, is it that hard to do? Geez

The ending was better than I thought, loved the giant <3
Jun 5, 2014 4:18 AM

Jul 2013
I guess it was average. If there is a season 3 then Im going to assume every samurai girl will try and evolve to become a bride(Might be possible with a hidden knowledge book) while the strongest samurai girl(red hair) becomes stronger than the rest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2014 9:10 PM

Jun 2012
This was a downgrade from the first season for sure. And this ending was completely unsatisfactory to me. Wouldn't mind a third season though. 6/10, still had some enjoyment out of it, but overall... meh
Oct 21, 2014 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
WTF did Juubei turn into a gundam this episode? O_O
The first half of this season was really nice, but the second half was kinda boring and the final episode too. Oh well at least I can watch the specials now for some fanservice and comedy entertainment :P
Nov 29, 2014 10:52 AM

Sep 2012
Season 1 was better, 4/10.
Jan 6, 2015 6:15 AM
Jan 2015
I like how they ended the battle against musashi using a beam after showing such an elaborate scene with her new sword. Anyways, second half of the season was tedious to watch... 6/10
Feb 7, 2015 6:03 PM
Jan 2015
The season was strange with all the maid cafe thing making the anime too much goofy for the real purpose showed in the first season.

But the last 3 episodes were good. They really did good and finish and wrapped the anime in a way that didn't left anybody mad or sad. Its refreshing thinking that every anime nowadays makes u mad in the last episode. I just thought that could be a little more showing of love between jubbei and muneakira. But its okay, nice last episode.

Anyway, in terms of harem the 1 to 8 episode was too much focused on the girls. They could have explored much more the power and love of the general with each of the master samurais. But we all know how anime works.
Mar 26, 2015 5:34 AM

Aug 2012
I watched this for the ecchi, harem and plot to be honest. Given that, I didn't have any particular expectations for this show thus I enjoyed it so much.
6/10
Jun 25, 2015 5:11 PM

Aug 2011
It totally sucked that the other girls had to die for Jubei to become the samurai bride (no surprise there ). Not bad overall, although season 1 was better. I'll pass on season 3 though; once a guy chooses a girl in a harem series, there is no more intrigue. Personally, I'm a Muneakira/Matabei fan.
Jul 28, 2015 11:25 AM

Jun 2013
Good ending!
I has just been disappointed one thing: Gisen wasn't focused much in season 2.
Aug 10, 2015 11:39 PM

Aug 2013
Meh, this wasn't that great.

Final fight was underwhelming. All of the "strongest master samurai" were killed in about 20 seconds. Only to be revived 5 minutes later.

Samurai Bride form looked stupid. White hair, random fox ears, all of a sudden gets a jetpack, and a sword that turns into a laser canon with the power of love. Oh, and an eyepatch.

Gisen was also completely useless too. She still had her same ecchiness and comedy, but provided no benefit to the show. She was around because Amakusa wont be revived for 100 years so she's not an enemy for now, but what was the point of reintroducing her if she doesn't do anything. And half the time when she was in a scene, she'd be there, and then they'd just cut her out in the following scene and she wouldn't be back for the rest of the show *cough cough M-1 Grand Prix episode*.

The ending itself was whatever. They way they kept teasing stuff during the season though I thought it would be way different. Multiple times after Juubei wanted to save the Dark Samurai girls, it was mentioned by different people that "if the wraith can be held off in time for the barrier to be mended, then the wraith will be eliminated and wont be able to supply dark powers to the samurai anymore, nor resurrect anyone else".

The way they worded it, it was heavily implied that they were going to fend off the wraith, and let the barrier kill the wraith and somehow save the 4 dark samurai so they could live. Musashi and others even mentioned that they were tired of being used as puppets and not getting a fair second chance at life. This also seemed to imply that after being used by the wraith, they would be rewarded with freedom and a second chance. Juubei also mentioned saving Inko constantly.

I was expecting them to stop the wraith, free the 4 dark samurai and they'd basically be normal humans, and then they would all get to be friends.

They also never mentioned whether or not the dojo girls still had their master samurai powers. The first OVA didn't show it either. They could still control Qi though.

Other than that, it wasn't all bad. I was a Matabei fan in season 1, so I was glad she finally got to be a master samurai, even if it only mattered for 1 episode.

This season Maeda Keiji was my favorite. Her clothes, fight style, attitude, love of women. Was kind of hoping that she'd pull a Miku from Date A Live and become a samurai for Muneakira despite hating men. Mataemon was a close second. Both of these girls needed way more screen time.

Inko-chan was fucking adorable too.

I don't know how there could be a third season, but I'd still watch it. We don't know if any of the girls have their powers anymore, and the 4 Dark Samurai died, so I don't see any kind of solid continuation. And now that Juubei is a samurai bride, the other's powers are shit useless in comparison.

But, I don't read the source material, so I have no idea what could happen.
Aug 11, 2015 8:52 AM
Nov 2010
I like the way this is produced. The characters were interesting and the last boss was good. Overall, it was pretty gripping.
Sep 5, 2015 9:13 AM
Feb 2015
Season two is over and another happy ending. So basically juubei was the only one that didn't die and get resurrected... Man I kind of wanted all of them to be the samurai bride but oh well juubei was a badass at the end there. Only one can be it anyway...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Sep 23, 2015 6:55 AM
Sep 2015
Is there a English dubbed episode of hyakka ryouran samurai bride episode 12 and if so where can I find it
Jan 18, 2016 4:32 AM
Apr 2015
I know this anime is just a bunch of ecchiness,boobs,panty shot etc but at least give us a good ending...the heck with the jetpack and fox ears...and why a monkey can easily become MS....I have so many bad things to talk about from this show...the only good things are ecchi and the comedy(episode 1-8)...the endings are rushed just like season1...It seems that the maker of this anime just focus on getting profit $$$$$ they dont even give a damn care about what every viewer's opinion....but still I enjoyed the ecchiness,comedy and never for the plot...
sorry for my english >,<
Sep 7, 2018 12:49 PM

Jun 2011
The first half of the first season was funny, then it got serious and really became sort of boring. The serious dramatic moments were bad because of the lack of screentime given to develop said drama. Yoshihiko's change of heart and started feeling something for his French master samurai was so abrupt, it came out of nowhere and he got this asspull power to ressurect her..

Second season introduced a new cast of characters who are fairly interesting but again once the plot came in, it's just boring. The main villain is a disgusting boring slime octopus, the fight was resolved in 1 hit by an asspull powerup that came about only in the second season that makes pretty much everyone else irrelevant and uncanonically made Juubei Muneakira's choice.

They also haven't developed Kanetsugu much, her joke was nice at the beginning but has grown so stale..

At least I suppose it does check some of my fetishes with the ecchi. The specials are great.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 20, 2020 6:42 PM
Oct 2019
I was really rooting for Kanetsugu to just say EFF You if you think I am helping, I can't stand you guys. I am walking have a rotten life.

Then again I was rooting for Charles to split Yoshihiko from stem to stern with one of her swords, last season.
Oct 25, 2020 8:12 PM

Feb 2014
Good ecchi.

The very ending was very funny xD
Aug 26, 2023 7:25 PM

Nov 2010
Matabei has the second-hottest-looking transformation for me.
Juubei's bride form looks cute, but I would prefer it if her hair were still red.

It was a decent finale, but it felt rushed compared to S1. There wasn't even an epilogue. The boss fight was cool. I could've given it a higher score if they really died. I like bittersweet endings.

I noticed that the lewdness got scaled down compared to S1.
Mar 18, 7:59 AM

Mar 2016
Cant believe the fight animation is 100 times better than your average seasonal anime nowdays.

I saw they recycled same formula on 1st season, but why not if it's working. 8/10

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2013

42 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2013

24 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 5:16 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

31 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

31 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 12:30 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

22 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 26, 2023 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.