Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2013 11:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh great, that little girl came to hang out again with Haruto while he's thinking about his future. Lol this manga.

"She's practicing".
Jun 16, 2013 11:16 AM

Mar 2012
Certainly he will be a chef..
Keep moving forward
Jun 16, 2013 11:33 AM

Feb 2012
Oh my god, just become a cook already.
Jun 16, 2013 11:37 AM

Aug 2012
Zhou said:
Oh my god, just become a cook already.

My thoughts exactly , he will become a chef , Yuzuki will become whatever she wants and they will live happily , we know that already so stop with the misunderstadnings and indecisions , lol.
Jun 16, 2013 12:07 PM

Jun 2013
So boring, end this already.... ohh a musician that's nice
Jun 16, 2013 12:13 PM

Dec 2006
Seriously, it's been hinting he'll be a chef for pretty much the whole series, to the point I already felt he had made up his mind a long time ago. Maybe that was just wishful thinking.
Jun 16, 2013 12:27 PM

Nov 2012
I might get angry if he becomes a chef....
I mean most of the pointless chapters were about his indecisiveness about his future, and I would feel like they were just a waste of time (THEY ACTUALLY WERE A WASTE OF TIME) if he end up becoming a chef.
Seriously, He wanted to be a chef over 100 chapters ago, and since them he has been running on circles about his future only to end up with the same goal of becoming a chef.
Come on, how many more chapters will take for him to become a chef, or find something else he wants to do.
Jun 16, 2013 1:02 PM

Apr 2011
Yes, the only thing Haruto was ever passionate about. which was making food for others, and he still can't see it. If he meets Shiho again, I hope that'll make him less wishy-washy to the idea.

Also Yuzuki dressed up as a sensei, mhhhhhm.
Jun 16, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2011
Exactly - the only thing he is really gifted at is cooking - he needs to get a clue.
Jun 16, 2013 1:23 PM

Sep 2012
Yea. Everybody in this thread's right.

It's not like real college age people get distressed or anxious when thinking about what career they're going to be professionally seeking and doing for the rest of their lives, or anything.

....oh wait.
Jun 16, 2013 2:46 PM
Feb 2012
Red_Keys said:
Yea. Everybody in this thread's right.

It's not like real college age people get distressed or anxious when thinking about what career they're going to be professionally seeking and doing for the rest of their lives, or anything.

....oh wait.

Oh please. That little wimp's been cooking for pretty much his whole life and various people have been telling him to pursue that career or at the very least consider it. And the fun thing is, while making delicious dishes (remember how much focus is put on them?) and receiving wonderful reactions, Haruto STILL wonders what he could be doing in the future. What happened to the confident boy the story started with? The strong-willed young man who fought for his dreams and his girl? He grew a vagina, that's what happened. And even that doesn't show how much of a wimp Haruto's become since the little girl living next door has got more determination than him and knows what to do with her future. So don't try to defend Haruto since that train left the station a long time ago, buddy.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 16, 2013 4:18 PM

May 2013
He should just become a professional chef.
Jun 16, 2013 5:39 PM

Sep 2012
GuiltyKing said:
Oh please. That little wimp's been cooking for pretty much his whole life and various people have been telling him to pursue that career or at the very least consider it. And the fun thing is, while making delicious dishes (remember how much focus is put on them?) and receiving wonderful reactions, Haruto STILL wonders what he could be doing in the future.
I've been playing the piano for over 10 years. I love it. My family encourages me about it. And, not to brag, but I'm good at it.

I'll be fucking damned if I do that for a living.

I don't doubt that he eventually will become a chef, but I don't see how complaining that he's giving thought towards the rest of his life is rational.

Yea, he has a hobby. But it's simply that. A hobby that he's good at.

GuiltyKing said:
What happened to the confident boy the story started with? The strong-willed young man who fought for his dreams and his girl? He grew a vagina, that's what happened. And even that doesn't show how much of a wimp Haruto's become since the little girl living next door has got more determination than him and knows what to do with her future. So don't try to defend Haruto since that train left the station a long time ago, buddy.
He got his girl. There's no reason for him to "fight" for her any more. That's what happened.
Jun 16, 2013 6:14 PM
Mar 2009
Haruto's in his what, third year in university now? Kind of has to make up his mind soon.

But did it really take this long for him to realize that being a chef could be his calling...? Everyone's been encouraging him, he loves doing it, Yuzuki loves his food, and when he does it, it's usually some happy occasion.

Hell, I thought Seo already established that Haruto was going to become a chef in previous chapters, guess I remembered incorrectly.
Jun 16, 2013 8:35 PM
Apr 2011
Nice chapter. I can relate to Haruto.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jun 16, 2013 10:47 PM
Aug 2012
I loved this manga at the start with all it's drama and shit, but it's gotten to the stage where they really need to end it.

I would've been cool with it ending at that chapter where they met each other again at the mixer so it would have been left open rather than this dragged out slice of life shit.
Jun 16, 2013 10:49 PM

Sep 2012
Sorayin said:
I loved this manga at the start with all it's drama and shit, but it's gotten to the stage where they really need to end it.

I would've been cool with it ending at that chapter where they met each other again at the mixer so it would have been left open rather than this dragged out slice of life shit.
If you preferred an open ending, why are you still reading?

I can understand people still reading even if they don't enjoy it anymore, just so they can see an actual ending.

But you don't even want that. Why are you still here?
Jun 16, 2013 10:52 PM
Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
Sorayin said:

If you preferred an open ending, why are you still reading?

I can understand people still reading even if they don't enjoy it anymore, just so they can see an actual ending.

But you don't even want that. Why are you still here?

Why would I stop reading after 232 chapters? Regardless of the bad direction this series has gone in of course I'm going to finish it.
Jun 16, 2013 11:55 PM

Sep 2011
There are many many adults out of college working in jobs who still really don't know what they want to do or change careers a few times too you know.
Jun 17, 2013 2:11 AM
Feb 2012
Red_Keys said:
GuiltyKing said:
Oh please. That little wimp's been cooking for pretty much his whole life and various people have been telling him to pursue that career or at the very least consider it. And the fun thing is, while making delicious dishes (remember how much focus is put on them?) and receiving wonderful reactions, Haruto STILL wonders what he could be doing in the future.
I've been playing the piano for over 10 years. I love it. My family encourages me about it. And, not to brag, but I'm good at it.

I'll be fucking damned if I do that for a living.

I don't doubt that he eventually will become a chef, but I don't see how complaining that he's giving thought towards the rest of his life is rational.

Yea, he has a hobby. But it's simply that. A hobby that he's good at.

GuiltyKing said:
What happened to the confident boy the story started with? The strong-willed young man who fought for his dreams and his girl? He grew a vagina, that's what happened. And even that doesn't show how much of a wimp Haruto's become since the little girl living next door has got more determination than him and knows what to do with her future. So don't try to defend Haruto since that train left the station a long time ago, buddy.
He got his girl. There's no reason for him to "fight" for her any more. That's what happened.

Not really comparable since it's obvious that Haruto loves cooking and enjoys the reactions he gets. Well, obvious to anyone but him, that is. He's been loitering for a few years now, always talking about what he should do for a living, ignoring the fact that it always came down to cooking. Some people are apparently oblivious to their calling and just fuck around until it's too late. What else is Haruto good at? Being a little bitch? Could he make a living out of that I wonder (actually he could given the size of his little Haruto but that's going into a different direction <.<). He's destined to become a cook, I'd be willing to bet on that but Seo's dragging it out for no real reason other than money.
And yes, he got Yuzuki but turned into a little girl ever since. He's not even remotely comparable to the guy he used to be and this is just sad. When he was with Asuka, he was different and more likeable than he is now but oh well, can't turn back time.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 17, 2013 3:06 AM
Jun 2012
Omnicloudx13 said:
Yes, the only thing Haruto was ever passionate about. which was making food for others, and he still can't see it. If he meets Shiho again, I hope that'll make him less wishy-washy to the idea.

Also Yuzuki dressed up as a sensei, mhhhhhm.

True. Why did he have to bring back this annoying chisu character. Bringing back Shiho wouldve been much better!
Jun 20, 2013 11:13 PM

Aug 2010
jose21 said:
I mean most of the pointless chapters were about his indecisiveness about his future, and I would feel like they were just a waste of time (THEY ACTUALLY WERE A WASTE OF TIME) if he end up becoming a chef.
Seriously, He wanted to be a chef over 100 chapters ago, and since them he has been running on circles about his future only to end up with the same goal of becoming a chef.
Come on, how many more chapters will take for him to become a chef, or find something else he wants to do.

Haruto is going to be a senior so this is exactly what will happen.

1. Haruto enters business school so he can run a restaurant.
2. Can't figure out what to do with his life entering his senior year.
3. Does some soul searching, ties out new things.
4. Figures out he wants to run a restaurant
5. Realizes he's already taking classes to do that and can cook too! LUCKY!

He then finds out he has a helmet from his dead friend that tried to steal (stole?) his GF that predicted he would open a restaurant, this must have been fate!
Mar 13, 2016 12:55 PM

Mar 2013
He'll become a chef no matter what. Why? Coz he made the promise with Kyousuke to open up his own restaurant. Don't forget the helmet too.
Mar 25, 2017 1:12 AM
Sep 2011
jose21 said:

Not everyone can come to a conclusion immediately about what they like doing as a job. I think those indecisive moments were needed.

More topics from this board

» Is there a better english translation of this manga?

Reshiram_IX - Apr 17

2 by Cristobal2325 »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 132 Discussion

belarion - Apr 21, 2011

22 by Mohan_Raj3 »»
Mar 19, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 140 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechDragon - Jun 21, 2011

113 by uruna117 »»
Jan 20, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 261 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

niaxato - Feb 7, 2014

298 by Miskatonic81 »»
Dec 29, 2023 10:18 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 259 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

outkastfox - Jan 26, 2014

1089 by DarkHumor04 »»
May 28, 2023 4:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.