New
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2013 2:30 PM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
I
ErenxMikasa said:
Hitchcocker said:
Its quite obvious that Mikasa sees Eren to be more than just her Sibling. Note how she NEVER addresses him as her Brother, but rather her "family"? Right now Eren is taking her for granted, and it will need the right trigger for their feelings to flow.

OursVictory said:

But hey, people CAN like Mikasa and yet dislike her attachment do Eren. For many reasons - they can think it's unhealthy to live just for one person, they can think Mikasa deserves more, they can think that he will hurt her and not return her romantic feelings... Fans don't have to accept her devotion to Eren.
That's what I like in Jean - he loves her, but he doesn't blindly agree with everything she says and does.

I think you must remember that Eren did and the influence he had on her. He risked his life to save her, unconditionally while he's at it and even gave her a new lease of life. I think any normal person would develop a deep attachment.

We might get that trigger next chapter.
MikasaxEren said:
OursVictory said:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LoveAtFirstSight
That's list of most popular examples of "love at first sight" in books, movies, tv shows, animes, musicals, etc. Many of them started as attraction to another person's appearance. That's just human (and not only human) nature, but it doesn't mean that falling for someone's look can't turn into true love.

When Jean met Mikasa for the first time, he was only 12. He wasn't sure why he even called her name, but it was too late, so he said first thing that came to his mind (and usually those first things are stupid things, I know it from my own experience) so it was just... fail.

Then we have timeskip, so we don't know much about their training day, but I'm pretty sure that Jean was trying to talk with Mikasa many many times (come on, three years is a long time).

tl;dr - Yeah, he told her that she has beautiful hair, but if that was just silly crush, it wouldn't last three years. And now there are no proofs that he loves her just for her appearance.

But hey, people CAN like Mikasa and yet dislike her attachment do Eren. For many reasons - they can think it's unhealthy to live just for one person, they can think Mikasa deserves more, they can think that he will hurt her and not return her romantic feelings... Fans don't have to accept her devotion to Eren.
That's what I like in Jean - he loves her, but he doesn't blindly agree with everything she says and does.

"Today, at the edge of our hope, at the end of our time, we have chosen not only to believe in ourselves, but in each other. Today we face the Crackship that is at our door. Today, we are cancelling this crackship apocalypse!"

...what the.
The only ship that is canon in SnK is Hannah x Franz.
The rest (yeah, even Eren x Mikasa and Ymir x Christa) are one-sided.

And shipping wars aren't fun, trust me. (it turned many fandoms into hell. Les Miserables fandom, anyone? :c)

'If chapter 49 made Jean/Mikasa more popular that's quite dumb as it's exactly what Eren did 10x better 30 chapters ago. And he has dibs."

But Eren x Mikasa is already popular (and was since beginning of the series).
Maybe Eren was just protecting his sister? I think everyone would do that for their family.
Jean didn't had to rescue Mikasa - there were dying soldiers everywhere and his mission was to recapture Eren, but he saved her anyway (and he risked his own life).

I'm not saying that Jean x Mikasa is canon (currently it isn't, there are only hints that he loves her) but it's not crack too (cracks are Levi x Carla, Hanji x King, etc.).
You are annoyed because people keep saying that for Mikasa Eren is just family and at the same time you are repeating that Jean loves Mikasa just for her look. Uh.

Calm down, that's anime about giant humanoids eating people, shipping is just nice background (I think Eren would agree with me).

Dis gon b gud

Lets look at the evidence here, we have no evidence that Jean had interacted with Mikasa at all during the time skip, so that is all just speculation.
Jean doesn't even know her, how can he truly be in love and have a relationship with somebody he doesn't know.
Also please stop referring to Mikasa as Erens sister, not once does he call her his sister and neither does any body else (Levi "your Eren's close friend" Ian "protect your love/boyfriend" Levi asking why she is so attached to him). In fact Eren states quite the opposite for their relationship "I'm not your son or your little brother (Mikasa is a little over a month older than Eren, so if they were siblings he would be her little brother).

In fact, before chapter 49 I would go as far to say that Mikasa doesn't even like Jean as a person because of how he always riles up Eren.
I really hate having to state this, but Mikasa's attatchment to Eren is her character, if you take it away she in not Mikasa anymore, so sayig you dislike it is basically saying you don't like Mikasa (and want her to be a totally different character than she is). It's like sayi oh yeah I like Jean, I just wish he did!'t have a crush on Mikasa, I wish he got on with Eren and I wish he was in a relationship with Marco (that's what you are basically saying).

Jean is infatuated with Mikasa, that much is obvious, yet he could never give her what she truly needs, which is (drumroll please)..................... Eren!
Eren x Mikasa is defiantly the most cannon ship after Ymir x Historia.

On Erens feelings :
Put yourself in his shoes, you lost your mother because you are weak and you train for years to fight agains the enemy you hate so much, only to find out you are much closer to the enemy that was ever thought possible. You are humanities hope and also called its enemy, the weight of the world rests on your shoulders (a 15 year old boy who is emotionally damaged from a horrendous expierence as a child). Do you really think he is just going to outright state his personal feelings? And on top of that he has never really had he chance, because he is always being kidnapped it attacked or he is in battle.

Reasons why Jean would save Mikasa over the other soldiers -
HE WAS RIGHT NEXT TO HER
She is a very valuable soldier
He has known her longer than the other nameless guys
He has a crush on her.

Besides attacking a titan that had its attention in somebody else isn't as brave as standing Infront of a cannon for somebody else, or going mad in a court where people want to dissect you.

Fringe evidence is so important in this manga also (look at the hints about Reiner and Bertholdt being the two titans)
Fringe evidence for Mikasa and Eren -
The scarf = the red string of fate, I linked it into my last post but I will state it here again, because the scarf is obviously a symbol of the red string of fate. It could have been any colour yet it has a red hue, and the way it is shown and symbolised, pretty obvious to me.
Mikasa's last scene with her parents, talking about having children of her own some day, and the boom, Eren comes and saves her and gives her life new meaning.

Jean x Mikasa would be down right stupid if it does happen, Jean doesn't know what she is like, he doesn't understand her at all, and quite frankly he never will, not like Eren does. Jean fell for her appearance, that much is obvious. There is no proof that him and Mikasa have interacted at all apart from his "you have pretty hair" comment, which Mikasa just brushes off and then cuts her "pretty hair" off because Eren suggests it (She values Eren's opinion much,
Much more than she ever could Jean's)
MIKASA STATES THIS HERSELF (this alone should have sunk most Mikasa x ..... Ships) that she doesn't have the capacity in her to care for others like she does Eren anymore (Eren is her sole reason for living).
About it being "unhealthy" . Think about what Mikasa and (to an extent) Eren have been through, watching their parent(s) die in horrific ways, it is obvious that they would both be damaged. Mikasa holds onto the one thing that is warm and beautiful in the cruel world (Eren). And Eren's hurt and damaged manifested itself into rage and hatred, that he keeps bottled up inside, the only person we see him let some of these feelings out too is ............ Mikasa of course.

The relationship between Eren and Mikasa is complex, but it is not that of a brother and sister. Mikasa only lived with the Jaeger family for just over a year before the colossal titan attacked.

Chart here :
Jean has a crush on Mikasa, would attack a titan to save her
Mikasa obviously loves Eren, would gladly die to save him
Eren doesn't care about his own life if it means Mikasa will be ok (courtroom is proof enough here)
If Eren and Jean were both in danger, Mikasa wouldn't hesitate to save Eren and leave Jean to die

Cliff notes -
Jean has a crush on Mikasa for her "exotic" looks
Eren cares very deeply for Mikasa, and it is not because he took a look at her and though "yeah, would like to get with that" but because he loves her (can't prove yet if romantic, But in my opinion I think it is there)
Mikasa obviously is in love with Eren (blush when he is called her boyfriend, her jealousy for Annie, Armin's smirk and her blush (most important piece of evidence IMO, Armin knows everything about those two) I just wanted to be by his side, and I have no capacity to care for somebody else)

Jean doesn't even know Mikasa, Eren is the only person who truly understands her.
Mikasa is the only person Eren can open up too, he doesn't show his weakness to anybody else

Conclusion -
Jean x Mikasa would be horrendous story telling and would be a horrible twist in Mikasa's character, because it wouldn't make sense at all.
Eren x Mikasa has much more evidence, and actually makes a hell of a lot more sense for both characters (both are damaged in different ways, but they compliment eachother (Eren is rash and is strong mentally, Mikasa is calm and strong physically(only not calm when Eren is in danger).

Let the shipping war begin, I have my Air Force and my nuclear cruise missiles on stand by, come at me.

Edit: Rant 2.0 of peace, the fire rises! I might start blogging about all this anger I have, it's fun writing out stuff

The passion, so awesome.

What can I say, I have invested too much to turn back now, so I must fight, if I win the ship sails, if I lose it sinks, but it cannot sail if I don't fight.

*gives Medal*....

Wait... only a medal? Fuck this!!!!

*gives a shit ton of medals*
Sep 12, 2013 4:58 PM
Aug 2013
Yeah, I think it was kinda risky to suggest romance in this manga. At this point there is some much going on that no character should or could be concerned in anything else than the titans.
That fucker has no face expressions! He's like a robot programed to like you.
Sep 12, 2013 5:14 PM
Jul 2013
Dzeraph said:
Yeah, I think it was kinda risky to suggest romance in this manga. At this point there is some much going on that no character should or could be concerned in anything else than the titans.

Erhm... you're talking about the Smiling Titan, aight?
Sep 12, 2013 5:51 PM
Aug 2013

I'm talking in general. We are going for the 50th chapter and we barely even got some elucidation on who has feelings for who and how much those feelings matter. I don't mind actually, romance always adds something extra to a story, but if this manga didn't had any of it I still would enjoy it.
Sep 12, 2013 6:30 PM
Jul 2013
Dzeraph said:

I'm talking in general. We are going for the 50th chapter and we barely even got some elucidation on who has feelings for who and how much those feelings matter. I don't mind actually, romance always adds something extra to a story, but if this manga didn't had any of it I still would enjoy it.

Oh oh, ignore my post then :P, I thought your signature was a post :P. Shame on me :P.
Sep 12, 2013 6:40 PM

Aug 2013
Dzeraph said:

DZERAPH!!! DZERAPH!!! SWAT came into my house, disrespected my whole family because somebody narc'd me out! And you know what? IT WAS YOU!
Sep 12, 2013 10:49 PM

Aug 2010
Just my own personal opinion.

Depending on how the story goes, romance may become a part of it. If there is an couple that arises out of this, the only one that I would like would be Eren X Mikasa. Anything else just doesn't interest me, except maybe Annie x someone maybe. Hannah x Franz was cool but that ended bad as did Levi x Petra. I just sheer don't like Christa nor Ymir so don't care bout those two.

The connection that Mikasa has with Eren is just stronger than anything else anyone left alive has. Pretty sure it has been said already but how Mikasa decided to live for Eren's memory and not say her foster parents or anyone else, the sole reason for her survival is to live for Eren, that was what really struck me. If there was a brick wall between her and Eren, she would probably tear it down with her bare hands. The level of commitment and attachment that Mikasa shows for Eren goes beyond that of sibling/savior/family/friend and well into the realm of love/purpose in life.

Also when Eren saves Mikasa and Armin, Mikasa was willing to kill other humans to save Eren and she more or less grabbed Eren to get ready to go up the wall, but left Armin to handle himself. So Eren is much more than a a very close friend. It just the feeling I get and the tone/words she uses all the time when Eren is in danger gives off the feeling that Eren is very much more to her than a "brother".
She also prioritized saving Eren over avenging all the comrades the female titan has killed.

Eren also only acts the way he does because he cares very deeply for Mikasa and wants to protect her. He then tends to fail and needs to be saved, usually by Mikasa which puts her in danger, thwarting his original purpose.
stickmansamSep 12, 2013 10:52 PM
Sep 13, 2013 1:24 AM

Aug 2013
stickmansam said:

Depending on how the story goes, romance may become a part of it. If there is an couple that arises out of this, the only one that I would like would be Eren X Mikasa. Anything else just doesn't interest me, except maybe Annie x someone maybe. Hannah x Franz was cool but that ended bad as did Levi x Petra. I just sheer don't like Christa nor Ymir so don't care bout those two.

The connection that Mikasa has with Eren is just stronger than anything else anyone left alive has. Pretty sure it has been said already but how Mikasa decided to live for Eren's memory and not say her foster parents or anyone else, the sole reason for her survival is to live for Eren, that was what really struck me. If there was a brick wall between her and Eren, she would probably tear it down with her bare hands. The level of commitment and attachment that Mikasa shows for Eren goes beyond that of sibling/savior/family/friend and well into the realm of love/purpose in life.

Also when Eren saves Mikasa and Armin, Mikasa was willing to kill other humans to save Eren and she more or less grabbed Eren to get ready to go up the wall, but left Armin to handle himself. So Eren is much more than a a very close friend. It just the feeling I get and the tone/words she uses all the time when Eren is in danger gives off the feeling that Eren is very much more to her than a "brother".
She also prioritized saving Eren over avenging all the comrades the female titan has killed.

Eren also only acts the way he does because he cares very deeply for Mikasa and wants to protect her. He then tends to fail and needs to be saved, usually by Mikasa which puts her in danger, thwarting his original purpose.

My faith in humanity is being restored, though saying that, ff.net is heating up again . Another PM war for me it is.
Person is basically argueing that Eren doesn't "deserve" Mikasa because he is Jealous, Controlling, Selfish (I had a good laugh at this one), petty and pathetic. Yet this same person outright stated that Sasha deserves to be with Mikasa? Is this real life? it cannot b real tea.

Apparently Eren is selfish for wanting to join the Scouting Legion and not listening to Mikasa and his mother, yet they never listened to him, did they?

Also got called out for my profile being topless (bodybuilding) and me having on my profile "Eren is only following the age old mantra - treat em mean, keep them keen".

Yeah Eren doesn't deserve Mikasa for sure, I mean he only :
Killed two men when he was 9 for her
Saved her life 3 times in titan form
Defended her in court

Yet Sasha deserves to be with Mikasa, why? Because Sasha has never been "mean" to Mikasa and Mikasa have her bread (Eren got bread too, just sayin).

Fuark Jimmies status = Overrustle

Edit this is the message sent to me - Mikaere shippers I warn you, prepare for rage mode :
ok, i wasn't going to respond and i know i shouldn't, but unfortunately, i can resist everything but temptation:)

yes i absolutely say Eren is selfish and self-centered.

Mikasa follows Eren, not only because she feels indebted to him, but also because she made a promise to his mother, the woman who took her in and welcomed her into her home, to protect Eren. He's also the ONLY family she has left. She's well aware that he's a reckless piece of shit who'd get killed pretty damn quickly without her to look after him, as was proven when he had the shit beaten out of him, his leg bit off and he was swallowed by the titan who tried to eat armin, all in his first day out on the job. he can't get very far without relying on his magic titan power or having mikasa around to keep his ass in line. In reality, she's sacrificed a hell of a lot more to protect him than he ever has in trying to protect her. she gives up any dreams she has of her own to follow Eren and protect his dream. It's made very clear that she wants nothing to do with the survey corps and that she wants him as far from the front lines as possible, yet despite this, though she does make her sentiments known, she allows him the final say in what he wants to do and follows him without much further complaint.

Eren on the other hand does what he does,as you say, to make up for his own weakness. his goals are ultimately centered on himself and he is completely unable or unwilling to understand either his mother's or mikasa's points of view. i wouldn't even mind his actions so much, after all, it is ultimately his choice what he wants to do with his life and mikasa chose to follow him. both of them had the agency to chose the life of the military. both of them did it for ultimately selfish, yet different, reasons, and that's fine.

BUT what isn't ok, is how he treats her. he constantly belittles her, and attacks her, even when it's repeatedly her intervention that saves his sorry ass. i saw you're cute little quip in your bio about how men being mean keeps women keen and that's, frankly, not only supportive of abusive behavior and kind of gross, it's also just not true generally speaking. Besides, Eren's not just mean, he's petty and jealous as well. He attacks her to cover up for his own insecurity and not only is that a bit pathetic, it's also rude and uncalled for.

yes i don't support the ship because, he doesn't deserve a woman as good as mikasa, and she needs a woman (or a man) who will support her and provide her with the love, warmth, safety, and comfort of a family (i would personally prefer her to end up with Sasha Braus, but i have a feeling that will be unlikely). Eren only ever gives her trouble and verbal abuse, not only that he tries to control her, and he kind of has this weird hero-complex to the point where i wouldn't be surprised if he jacked off to the idea of himself "saving humanity." that's not necessarily too much of a fault, but a lot of gary stu type shounen characters seem to share a similar trait.

Mikasa has repeatedly proven herself to care for others, especially armin and eren, but also for the people she helped evacuate and for the recruits she tried to lead to get more fuel, though she failed a bit miserably at first by leaving them behind and eventually somewhat giving up, but if you're going to allow for the fact that Eren's a fifteen year old boy, then the fact that she had just lost the last remnants of her family and she is also very young and had already suffered severe trauma numerous times over, should allow you to give her a bit of understanding. She also pulls through and does end up leading them on a successful retrieval of new fuel. all the while eren had supposedly been dead.

so, on the whole i highly dislike eren, love mikasa and will forever stan for her till my dying day... well maybe not so much dramatics, but... maybe. anyway, just because someone doesn't like your favorite character doesn't mean someone hasn't done the research or looked closer or whatever.

gosh, that was a fun rant, thank you for giving me an outlet. i appreciate it.

hope you have a lovely day with your very lovely abs. i do appreciate nice musculature in a man.

I would post my response but it is over 2500 words long, if people want it to be posted than I will post it, but I won't do it of people are tired of my walls

Also I am staying on topic, this is all discussions for
Shingeki no kyojin romance
MikasaxErenSep 13, 2013 1:30 AM
Sep 13, 2013 7:31 AM
Aug 2013
MikasaxEren said:
DZERAPH!!! DZERAPH!!! SWAT came into my house, disrespected my whole family because somebody narc'd me out! And you know what? IT WAS YOU!

WHAT?

Don't be dramatic. I'm not against romance, I'm just pointing out how Isayama Hajime put his story in a situation where he can't allow himself to develop couples properly. Sadly he has another priorities. I'm totally OK with romance as long as it's done well.

So far we only have MikasaxEren, which I like. But I'm starting to get concerned on what's going to happen with this. Mikasa's feelings look... weird to me. I mean, in what point did she started having them? How did she saw Eren to begin with?
As a brother? A stepbrother? As a friend? and why is she so reluctant to show this feelings?, not just to Eren but everyone. She doesn't seem the type who has too many inhibitions.

I don't know, her behavior hits me as almost freudian. She looks like a Sister/Mother/Buddy/Frustrated Lover to me. At this point I'm starting to fear that she's never going to confess her feelings. Because, being honest, Eren hasn't shown any reciprocity. In fact he's partially becoming one of the things I hate the most in Tv shows and general media:
"The Annoyingly Oblivious Love Interest".
That character which everyone knows is deeply loved by another, yet he/she seems to be the only person who can't see it.

I'm hopping that if he's going to match her feelings at some point in the story, that Isayama has the ability of doing it gradually and consistently. Otherwise it would feel really contrived. It would be really lame if he just has an epiphany and says: "My God!... I've always loved her!"

So I see some alternatives:
- We get a well developed romance between them. (I hope so)
- We don't get any development and they just end up together because reasons.
- Their love never takes off and it's never addressed again OR...
- They end up together but only after the last episode and it happens out of screen.
Sep 13, 2013 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
Dzeraph said:
MikasaxEren said:

WHAT?

Don't be dramatic. I'm not against romance, I'm just pointing out how Isayama Hajime put his story in a situation where he can't allow himself to develop couples properly. Sadly he has another priorities. I'm totally OK with romance as long as it's done well.

So far we only have MikasaxEren, which I like. But I'm starting to get concerned on what's going to happen with this. Mikasa's feelings look... weird to me. I mean, in what point did she started having them? How did she saw Eren to begin with?
As a brother? A stepbrother? As a friend? and why is she so reluctant to show this feelings?, not just to Eren but everyone. She doesn't seem the type who has too many inhibitions.

I don't know, her behavior hits me as almost freudian. She looks like a Sister/Mother/Buddy/Frustrated Lover to me. At this point I'm starting to fear that she's never going to confess her feelings. Because, being honest, Eren hasn't shown any reciprocity. In fact he's partially becoming one of the things I hate the most in Tv shows and general media:
"The Annoyingly Oblivious Love Interest".
That character which everyone knows is deeply loved by another, yet he/she seems to be the only person who can't see it.

I'm hopping that if he's going to match her feelings at some point in the story, that Isayama has the ability of doing it gradually and consistently. Otherwise it would feel really contrived. It would be really lame if he just has an epiphany and says: "My God!... I've always loved her!"

So I see some alternatives:
- We get a well developed romance between them. (I hope so)
- We don't get any development and they just end up together because reasons.
- Their love never takes off and it's never addressed again OR...
- They end up together but only after the last episode and it happens out of screen.

The nard'ed bit is just a film reference.

On Eren not noticing her feelings, I have a number of reasons why -
Mikasa has always been there, and so he sees it as normal, when her devotion to him is that of a lover, and others can clearly see it.
Eren is under so much pressure all of the time, he hasn't had time to reflect on anything or even think about these things, he has been fighting non stop for a while now.
He is a 15 year old boy, teenage boys are not known for being the most emotionally in touch beings around.
He has never been put under the spotlight about their relationship like Mikasa has, having to save Eren and stay by her side, but we never see Eren having to go off and save Mikasa (though I am sure he would). I am hoping chapter 50 addresses this point, and we get to see deeper into Mikasa and Erens relationship, specifically Eren's side, seeing as we already know how Mikasa feels (that much is obvious).
On Mikasa's feelings, I believe she is terrified that they could push Eren away, so she tries to hide them as best as she can under the "he's family" guise. I believe that Eren wouldn't push her away though, because Armin wouldn't be happy if he knew that it could cause a negative reaction from Eren, yet he seems to be happy when he see's more evidence for Mikasa love for Eren.

I think she fell in love with him very early in their time together in their lives, certainly before the colossal titan attacked. I think she loved him after he saved her but she fell in love with him during the time she spent with him, playing and interacting as children, and I think it is his passion and fire which caused her to fall in love with him, the same passion and drive that saved her life that day, the same strong spirit and will that gives her the strength and reason to live.
MikasaxErenSep 13, 2013 8:24 AM
Sep 13, 2013 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
Lol you're this shipping's white knight.
Sep 13, 2013 1:49 PM
Jul 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
Lol you're this shipping's white knight.

I'll call a queen to knight him officially!
Sep 13, 2013 2:04 PM

Jun 2013
Once again...
Sep 13, 2013 2:34 PM

Aug 2013
MikasaxEren said:
stickmansam said:

My faith in humanity is being restored, though saying that, ff.net is heating up again . Another PM war for me it is.
Person is basically argueing that Eren doesn't "deserve" Mikasa because he is Jealous, Controlling, Selfish (I had a good laugh at this one), petty and pathetic. Yet this same person outright stated that Sasha deserves to be with Mikasa? Is this real life? it cannot b real tea.

Apparently Eren is selfish for wanting to join the Scouting Legion and not listening to Mikasa and his mother, yet they never listened to him, did they?

Also got called out for my profile being topless (bodybuilding) and me having on my profile "Eren is only following the age old mantra - treat em mean, keep them keen".

Yeah Eren doesn't deserve Mikasa for sure, I mean he only :
Killed two men when he was 9 for her
Saved her life 3 times in titan form
Defended her in court

Yet Sasha deserves to be with Mikasa, why? Because Sasha has never been "mean" to Mikasa and Mikasa have her bread (Eren got bread too, just sayin).

Fuark Jimmies status = Overrustle

Edit this is the message sent to me - Mikaere shippers I warn you, prepare for rage mode :
ok, i wasn't going to respond and i know i shouldn't, but unfortunately, i can resist everything but temptation:)

yes i absolutely say Eren is selfish and self-centered.

Mikasa follows Eren, not only because she feels indebted to him, but also because she made a promise to his mother, the woman who took her in and welcomed her into her home, to protect Eren. He's also the ONLY family she has left. She's well aware that he's a reckless piece of shit who'd get killed pretty damn quickly without her to look after him, as was proven when he had the shit beaten out of him, his leg bit off and he was swallowed by the titan who tried to eat armin, all in his first day out on the job. he can't get very far without relying on his magic titan power or having mikasa around to keep his ass in line. In reality, she's sacrificed a hell of a lot more to protect him than he ever has in trying to protect her. she gives up any dreams she has of her own to follow Eren and protect his dream. It's made very clear that she wants nothing to do with the survey corps and that she wants him as far from the front lines as possible, yet despite this, though she does make her sentiments known, she allows him the final say in what he wants to do and follows him without much further complaint.

Eren on the other hand does what he does,as you say, to make up for his own weakness. his goals are ultimately centered on himself and he is completely unable or unwilling to understand either his mother's or mikasa's points of view. i wouldn't even mind his actions so much, after all, it is ultimately his choice what he wants to do with his life and mikasa chose to follow him. both of them had the agency to chose the life of the military. both of them did it for ultimately selfish, yet different, reasons, and that's fine.

BUT what isn't ok, is how he treats her. he constantly belittles her, and attacks her, even when it's repeatedly her intervention that saves his sorry ass. i saw you're cute little quip in your bio about how men being mean keeps women keen and that's, frankly, not only supportive of abusive behavior and kind of gross, it's also just not true generally speaking. Besides, Eren's not just mean, he's petty and jealous as well. He attacks her to cover up for his own insecurity and not only is that a bit pathetic, it's also rude and uncalled for.

yes i don't support the ship because, he doesn't deserve a woman as good as mikasa, and she needs a woman (or a man) who will support her and provide her with the love, warmth, safety, and comfort of a family (i would personally prefer her to end up with Sasha Braus, but i have a feeling that will be unlikely). Eren only ever gives her trouble and verbal abuse, not only that he tries to control her, and he kind of has this weird hero-complex to the point where i wouldn't be surprised if he jacked off to the idea of himself "saving humanity." that's not necessarily too much of a fault, but a lot of gary stu type shounen characters seem to share a similar trait.

Mikasa has repeatedly proven herself to care for others, especially armin and eren, but also for the people she helped evacuate and for the recruits she tried to lead to get more fuel, though she failed a bit miserably at first by leaving them behind and eventually somewhat giving up, but if you're going to allow for the fact that Eren's a fifteen year old boy, then the fact that she had just lost the last remnants of her family and she is also very young and had already suffered severe trauma numerous times over, should allow you to give her a bit of understanding. She also pulls through and does end up leading them on a successful retrieval of new fuel. all the while eren had supposedly been dead.

so, on the whole i highly dislike eren, love mikasa and will forever stan for her till my dying day... well maybe not so much dramatics, but... maybe. anyway, just because someone doesn't like your favorite character doesn't mean someone hasn't done the research or looked closer or whatever.

gosh, that was a fun rant, thank you for giving me an outlet. i appreciate it.

hope you have a lovely day with your very lovely abs. i do appreciate nice musculature in a man.

I would post my response but it is over 2500 words long, if people want it to be posted than I will post it, but I won't do it of people are tired of my walls

Also I am staying on topic, this is all discussions for
Shingeki no kyojin romance

Well ladies and gents, this was my response -

Eren is not selfish and self centred, he is goal oriented, now I'm not sure what gender you are but you must understand that men in general tend to think with one track minds.

Eren is a reckless piece of shit indeed, but his spirit and will are needed in the fight against the titans, when the colossal titan attacked wall rose, Eren was the only person who had the balls to move in and attack it.

Now you mention Eren pulling Armin out of the titans mouth and yet call him selfish? Eren dies to save his friend, hardly selfish at all.
Now on to Erens skill level and his "magical" titan power. Eren witnesses a good friend (Thomas Wagner) die before his very eyes, and he attempts to attack the titan, his rage does blind him, but his squad encounter multiple titans at the same time. He is also the most skilled member of his squad by fat (he ranked 5th, so he is hardly "useless" like you claim).
Mikasa is not a God, she stayed in the rear guard where there were many less titans, and she was in a squad full of elite soldiers, she was in a much better position than Eren was.

You say Eren has a hero complex? His strong will and desire are what is needed to save humanity, because he will never give up.

Now give me some evidence where Eren belittles or attacks her (without reason). At the start of the Trost battle, Eren encourages Armin with his mental fortitude and tells him it is going to be ok (So self centred of selfish Eren there) and then Mikasa comes up to him, and she totally goes agains the military rules ( I will protect you) she is not thinking straight at all, her head is only focusing on Eren. Listen to what he says and how he says it, he tells her that her personal feelings don't matter, humanity is at risk, she needs to focus and see the bigger picture. What he said isn't mean or wrong in the slightest, he is doing the same thing he did with Armin, and what he did with Jean, he is trying to make Mikasa think straight, going into battle without a clear mind is death or serious injury (My brothers squadmate had a hand blown off for not paying attention in the military). He was protecting her, and although it seems harsh, that is reality, it is war.

Eren has always been the leader of the trio, because he has the strongest spirit. Armin is the brains, Mikasa the physical force, and Eren the motivation and drive. Mikasa knows that Eren is reckless and rash, but so is she (When Eren died she was reckless, and again when the female titan kidnapped him).

Evidence where he belittles her? On the contrary to be precise, she constantly tells him he is weak and needs protecting and while true (to an extent) can't you understand why this angers Eren? His own mother was killed in the most horrific way due to his own weakness, yet Mikasa is constantly telling him he is weak (So mean of Eren to get angry about this sometimes, I mean who doesn't like to be reminded about how their failure lead to the person you love most dying in the most horrific way possible in front of you?) .

About Eren giving her only trouble and verbal abuse, let me state this again, he is a 15 year old boy.
I was a 15 year old boy and I will tell you what it is like -
Testosterone levels shoot through the roof, so does aggression and anger
You become self conscious, you feel like you have to be a man now, because you are no longer a boy
Your brain is changing rapidly, everything is becoming more complicated everyday, everything is closing in
You begin to doubt yourself, you no longer feel "invincible" like you did as a child
You have all these sexual feelings that are all new and confusing, that add on top of the already intense pressure

Now add this on top of it -
Titans destroyed your entire life
You find out you are a titan, the vey thing you hate most
The humanity who you give everything to protect mostly hates you
The entire hope of humanity is resting on your shoulders

Yet - your own weakness cost you the very person who you loved most to die in such a horrible way, and yet when somebody constantly reminds you of your own weakness, how dare you be angry at them sometimes?

Please enlighten me on Eren being petty and jealous, I only seem to remember Mikasa getting jealous when she thought that Eren had special feelings for Annie.
When does he ever attack her to cover up his own insecurity?
EREN TRIES TO CONTROL HER?
Brb Tell Carla Yeager Eren is joining the Scouting legion after he won't listen to her
Brb tell Eren not to join the Scouting Legion constantly
Brb disregard all the battle plans for Trost "come and find me Eren"

Mikasa is much more controlling of him, and it is not a bad thing, because sometimes he needs to be rained in.

The best line you said "He doesn't deserve somebody like Mikasa" then who does?
Sasha who has hardly sacrificed anything for humanity
Jean who lived a selfish life until the deaths of his friends hit him?
Levi who throws lives away if it means getting the job done? (If you hate Eren for his "Hero complex" but the you also like Levi, then you are a hypocrite)

Eren killed two grown men, as a 9 year old child to save her, and he almost died doing it (oh so selfish Eren yet again, saving somebody he doesn't know by risking his life, I swear what a selfish son of a gun)
He tells her to join the military police so she will be safe, even though he consistantly calls out Jean for wanting to join and labels him a coward.

Saying Mikasa has sacrificed more to protect Eren than he has to protect her or his friends is flat out wrong, Eren DIED to protect his friend, he selflessly gave up his life so that his friend could live on, must be his selfish side showing again.

Saying that the reason Mikasa protects Eren is because of Carla Yeagers promise Is laughable. She never once mentions it, or even thinks about it, he reason she protects Eren is because she loves him (Romantically or not) and doesn't want to see him get hurt. But Mikasa understands that Eren is rash and reckless, those same traits that you say are bad and reasons why he doesn't "deserve" Mikasa are the very same reason she is not a sex slave for some perverts who have an Asian fetish. But that dam Eren's "evil" personality is only out to get Mikasa, right?

You are right that Eren should not get angry with Mikasa like he does, but it is only because he doesn't understand, that he gets angry. He needs to understand that it is his will and spirit that gives Mikasa the strength to fight "fight if you win you live, if you lose you die" . And that Mikasa being so strong isn't a sign of his own weakness (what he believes) but of how his strength rubbed off on those around him.

In fact, if you want to count he number of times Mikasa has explicitly saved Eren vs the amout of times he and done it for her, then Eren is winning
Erens count -
Saves her from traffickers
Saves her from titan whilst in titan form
Saves her again in titan form by defeating titans around HQ
Saves her again by blocking cannon shot

Mikasa -
Somewhat saves him agains the female titan (though it was namely Mr badass himself)
Helps in saving him from being kidnapped by the titan shifters (mostly Sergeant badass, Mr Irvin smith though)
- see where I'm getting at?
For all Eren's recklessness and his brashness, he has ended up saving her life more than she had his, but of course Eren is just selfish and useless.

She deserves somebody who will give her love like a family? You believe that Eren is incapable of that? They are both so damaged and they both could only truly understand eachother (I have a whole 4k rant on this if you want it , but I won't post it here)
The way you say Eren would "jackoff" to saving humanity disgusts me, is such a noble goal selfish and self centred, giving your life for the greater good?
Eren doesn't want the glory or the recognition, all he ever wanted was the freedom, to be let out of their cage, it is the most natural of all human emotions, the concept of wanting to be free.

Give me one good example of where Eren is controlling, he is quite the opposite "I never asked you to protect me", this isn't him being mean and horrible to her for no reason, it actually had very sound reasoning - Eren thoughts -
Don't put yourself in danger for me, I have to be stronger, my weakness won't cost anymore lives

And it also injures his pride, which isn't a petty emotion by any stretch of the imagination, self esteem and self image are vital to a person's physical and mental health.

You know the bit that irks me in a really horrible way is how you said he attacks her out of his own insecurity and how it is "pathetic".
Not once does he truly attack her without good reason (Trost was with good reason, she wasn't thinking straight and was about to go into battle with a clouded mind - clouded mind = death)

Eren has shown quite the opposite when it come to Mikasa, giving her his scarf was the optime of human kindness in a bleak situation, Eren is a good person, he just has trouble dealing with his feelings (Eren's own father notes this when he says Eren only has one friend, and had trouble socialising).

You should look into what the scarf between Eren and Mikasa symbolises too, the red string of fate, it's pretty obvious.
You say Eren didn't take his mothers or Mikasa's points of view into account, but did they take his into account? No, they said he was stupid for even thinking of joining the Scouting Legion, only his father actually listened to what Eren had to say.

I think it is funny that you believe that the reason Mikasa acts the way she does is because she feels "indebted" to him. If that was so, why does she keep him out of little scuffles or things that don't really harm him? It is because she cares, it isn't about repaying a debt, but about protecting a loved one.
Sure Mikasa can somewhat care for others, but she herself states on chapter 48 (I love this part) that she has no heart to spare, and that the amount of lives she could care about was decided 6 years ago. (Her actual words, doesn't matter what you try to interpret , in terms of caring Eren everything else for Mikasa, wether you like it or not.

You know I find it funny that people like Mikasa yet hate her attatchment to Eren, because without it, she isn't Mikasa anymore, but just another strong soldier (we already have Levi). It's like me saying yeah I like Eren, I just wish he wasn't friends with Armin or Mikasa, that he couldn't turn into a titan and that his mother never died at the start to make him angry. Which is downright retarded, because it is saying you would like a character if they were not that character, which is basically what you are saying.

You have the audacity to claim that Eren would be "nothing " without his "magical" titan powers, yet what about Mikasa and her "magical" superhuman strength (but of course it's only magical and crap when Eren does it because EREN IS SO MEANZ AND EVILZ BECAZ HE DOESN'T FOCUS ON MIKASA 24/7). In fact, we are given an explanation for Eren's titan powers (Doctor Yeager) and he not so unique, with their being at least 4 other known titan shifters. Yet you still have the gall to call it "magical" when Mikasa has been pulling superhuman feats out of her ass since she was 9 with no true explanation "I could control by body perfectly", yeah that's cool, I can bench press 315 for 8 reps, but I can't crush a floor board like a NINE YEAR OLD Mikasa did, yet I suppose she gets a free pass on her "magical" powers because you like her and don't like Eren.

Chapter 50 is going to show so good character development for Eren, and I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Cliff notes -
Eren cares about Mikasa very deeply, but he has trouble showing his emotions
Eren is NOT selfish
He never attacks Mikasa without good reason
His powers are less "magical" than Mikasa's
Eren has noble goals, and has shown time and time again that he is willing to sacrifice his life for his friends or for humanity (a good example of selfishness is early manga Jean, NOT Eren)
Eren has given more in the service of humankind that all of the other 104th trainees, yet he is "petty" and "jealous", claims that are not backed up with any evidence whatsoever and so are baseless

Basically your hate for Eren blinds you from the truth, you claim to like a character yet dislike the main portion of her character, it's like a sick joke, I have a good analogy for it though - its like askig for a ham sandwich, without the bread.

Also I'm just getting started, I'm going to bed now, I need good sleep for my gains, plus tomorrow is legs day, so if my responses are angrier than these ones, that's because I will have busted my ass off squating over 400lbs.

- this was a little bit I added on later because I thought I may have missed some points --- I
Also another reason why Eren finds it hard to express his emotions (apart from his anger, which is the easiest emotion for anybody to display) is because of how boys are brought up. You don't show emotion, you have to be strong, that on top of the pressure already on Eren to be strong and being a soldier, well you can see what I'm getting at.
You saying that Eren doesn't "deserve" Mikasa really did rustle me good though, I mean why did she "deserve " to be saved by Eren from those traffickers? (Of course I know Eren did the right thing, but that is badiclly what you are saying)
Eren has done more for Mikasa than anybody else by far, yet they somehow "deserve" Mikasa, whilst Eren should rot away for not being strong enough to protect her? Logic of peace

I'm sorry if that was a little long winded or if I repeated myself too much, but I was very tired and about to go to bed when I got that first "message" I was so rustled that I had to respond with lethal force

I am the hero this ship deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so the Mikasa x Levi shippers, they'll hunt me, because I can take it. I am a watchful protector of this ship, a silent guardian, THE (Mikaere) WHITE KNIGHT
Sep 13, 2013 3:05 PM
Jul 2013

The Guardian strikes....

Shit, guy-who-started-this-shit-first, you better run.
Sep 13, 2013 4:19 PM

Aug 2013
Xinception said:

The Guardian strikes....

Take a guess who they ship...........

Also wish I could write some rants in the anime forum, but I when I get typing the words just flow out and I put tonnes of spoilers in there, those Levi x Kikasa shippers are safe there...... For now, but this is my domain.
Sep 13, 2013 4:37 PM

Aug 2010
MikasaxEren said:
Xinception said:

The Guardian strikes....

Also wish I could write some rants in the anime forum, but I when I get typing the words just flow out and I put tonnes of spoilers in there, those Levi x Kikasa shippers are safe there...... For now, but this is my domain.

Do you mind posting your 4k rant, maybe as a spoiler so it isn't so big?

You basically brought up all the points I could have thought of and then even more

This ship could have have a better advocate. I wish you luck in your battle and believe in our victory!
Sep 13, 2013 5:41 PM

Aug 2013
stickmansam said:
MikasaxEren said:
Xinception said:

The Guardian strikes....

Do you mind posting your 4k rant, maybe as a spoiler so it isn't so big?

You basically brought up all the points I could have thought of and then even more

This ship could have have a better advocate. I wish you luck in your battle and believe in our victory!

Well the 4k rant is a mixture of all what has been posted in this thread.
I got a response about my "Eren analysis" and all they basically said is thAt they are busy and will respond later (early victory in the war my friends?)
I just can't stand how somebody could call Eren selfish, after he has given everything for humanity.

When the time comes and I need all of your help, I am sure my fellow shippers will support me and help me in our fight for victory!
Sep 13, 2013 6:34 PM
Jul 2018
Blocks of text are just covering pages of this discussion, holy crap.
Sep 13, 2013 6:47 PM
Jul 2013
Shojo-chanCat said:

Please don't hate me :c, I covered my quotes in spoilers. :c
Sep 13, 2013 6:54 PM

Jul 2013
Shojo-chanCat said:

Shipping is serious business.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 13, 2013 7:01 PM

Aug 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
Shojo-chanCat said:

Shipping is serious business.

Wait we are being serious?

When I get my computer back, I could write a 10,000 word essay on shipping in Shingeki no kyojin, reasons for and against.
Of course it will not be biased........ At all.

I have been rewatching the anime, and seeing how happy/emotional Mikasa gets in episode 8 when Eren returns, new zeal has flooded through my veins and arteries.

Mikaere is now my one true goal nothing else matters now

Semi srs.
Sep 13, 2013 7:06 PM

Mar 2011
Shojo-chanCat said:
lmao XD
So many SnK threads turn into posts after posts of tl;dr
Sep 13, 2013 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
MikasaxEren said:

When I get my computer back, I could write a 10,000 word essay on shipping in Shingeki no kyojin, reasons for and against.

I have been rewatching the anime, and seeing how happy/emotional Mikasa gets in episode 8 when Eren returns, new zeal has flooded through my veins and arteries.

Semi srs.

10,000 word essay, oh my god did I read that correctly? Dang, Attack On Titan discussions will be filled with tl;dr posts.

Unless you were joking about that.
removed-userSep 13, 2013 7:38 PM
Sep 13, 2013 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
Shojo-chanCat said:
MikasaxEren said:

Semi srs.

10,000 word essay, oh my god did I read that correctly? Dang, Attack On Titan discussions will be filled with tl;dr posts.

Unless you were joking about that.

I have wrote out about ~ 20,000 words in total in rants on here and in PMs on ff.net about shipping in SnK, a 10,000 word essay would be fun.

About Too long, didn't read, nobody is askig you to read if you don't want to. But I always enjoyed reading and breaking down people's arguments.

10,000 word essay would sort of go like this -
Intro -
Explanation of characters -
How they interact with eachother -
Ships that should happen -
Ships that might happen -
Ships that could, but probably won't happen -
Ships that shouldn't happen and should be burned with fire - Mikalevi is here
Why people ship strange pairings and possible links to mental illness
Conclusion

Actually looking at that, I'm thinking this bitch could reach 20,000 words easy
Sep 14, 2013 12:32 AM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren

I would pay money just to see your face if mikasa/eren/or whatever you ship will orrible die or will get married with someone else
Sep 14, 2013 2:20 AM

Jun 2009
Overdriveless said:
MikasaxEren

I would pay money just to see your face if mikasa/eren/or whatever you ship will orrible die or will get married with someone else

XD be wary of crusaders they are usually quite fanatic...
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Sep 14, 2013 4:24 AM
Jul 2013
Overdriveless said:
MikasaxEren

Dude, how much you're willing to put on the table? Cause erhm... we don't want you to go broke.
Sep 14, 2013 7:50 AM

Aug 2013
Overdriveless said:
MikasaxEren

My face won't look any different, I have perfected the art of looking expressionless. I will be upset though, because for Mikasa's character, it would be terrible development.

I read a fan fiction where somebody got Mikasa and Eren's bond into one sentence from her pov -

"He's killed for you, her mind murmurs, And you've killed for him."

My honest reaction if it doesn't happen, I will be sad. But if something like Levi x Mikasa happens, I will be furious because that makes no dam sense, even Jeankasa makes no sense either, as explained earlier on in the thread by me, and by other posters.
Sep 14, 2013 10:42 AM

Jun 2009
MikasaxEren said:
Overdriveless said:
MikasaxEren

My face won't look any different, I have perfected the art of looking expressionless. I will be upset though, because for Mikasa's character, it would be terrible development.

I read a fan fiction where somebody got Mikasa and Eren's bond into one sentence from her pov -

My honest reaction if it doesn't happen, I will be sad. But if something like Levi x Mikasa happens, I will be furious because that makes no dam sense, even Jeankasa makes no sense either, as explained earlier on in the thread by me, and by other posters.

Don't worry MikaEre...I've personally talked to isayama hajime and told him what is at stake here, and we both agreed that shattering your young romantic heart was not an option. So you can rest at ease because he confirmed that Eren and Mikasa will happen probably at chapter 57 (or maybe 58) he is not sure just yet. But he asked you to be patient just a little more.
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Sep 14, 2013 10:54 AM
Jul 2013
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:
Overdriveless said:
MikasaxEren

Don't worry MikaEre...I've personally talked to isayama hajime and told him what is at stake here, and we both agreed that shattering your young romantic heart was not an option. So you can rest at ease because he confirmed that Eren and Mikasa will happen probably at chapter 57 (or maybe 58) he is not sure just yet. But he asked you to be patient just a little more.

Dang. Mate, you gotta get me a gig like that.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.................
OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM IN
/sarcasm
Sep 14, 2013 11:23 AM

Jun 2009
Xinception said:
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:
Overdriveless said:
MikasaxEren

OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM IN
/sarcasm

it is a great gig. yes...
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Sep 14, 2013 2:32 PM

Aug 2013
RinM said:
Xinception said:
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:
Overdriveless said:
MikasaxEren

OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM IN
/sarcasm

Ask any shipper. Any real shipper. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.
Sep 14, 2013 3:53 PM

Jun 2009
MikasaxEren said:
RinM said:
Xinception said:
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:
Overdriveless said:
MikasaxEren

OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM IN
/sarcasm

Ask any shipper. Any real shipper. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.

and somehow I really don't care XD
I'll love my Mikasa who ever she chooses. It's enough for me that she is so bad ass...
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Sep 15, 2013 1:12 AM

Aug 2013
A little something I wrote for another thread but it mainly relates to romance, it explains reasoning behind Mikaere, and why Jeankasa just wouldn't work (or Levi x Mikasa too, jean is just used as an example)
I describe the character, their traits and how I feel they operate, and what they need emotionally and physically

Character -

Mikasa - cautious, calm, stoic, intelligent, and she see's some of the bigger picture (the future of those around her (Eren) but not that of humanity). However once Eren gets in danger she becomes - protective, passionate, reckless and cold hearted (to everybody else)
Eren brings out the human in Mikasa, he is the key to her feelings and her emotions, this is why she can only ever be truly "alive" with him. It was Eren's passion, his strong will that saved her and showed her the burning fire in the darkness that had surrounded her, the beauty in a dark and merciless world. To the person below, you say Mikasa and Eren wouldn't work because she wants to cage him and he wants to be free. I can see where you are coming from, but I have a different perspective that you. Eren brings out the human side of Mikasa, and she in turn calms the intense spirit of Eren, by controlling it just enough so that he doesn't run rampant and injure of get himself killed. To Mikasa, Eren is a burning beacon of beauty in a dark and cruel world. His idealistic passion and mental strength are what gives Mikasa the strength to go on in the cruel and merciless world that she knows "Eren as long as you are with me, I can do anything". I suppose this has already explained the bond between them pretty well but I will go into more detail -

The bond (Mikasa's side) - in very quick terms, he has killed for her and she has killed for him (human beings not titans).
When her family was snatched away from her, nine year old Mikasa learnt the harsh reality of our world, that the victor lives and the lose dies. But Eren showed her that even if it looks like you will lose you must fight. This is because if you don't fight you can't win. Eren's passion and his idealistic spirit awakened the life within Mikasa again, and whilst she was never the same again, she was given hope by the world in the form of Eren.
The scarf scene is very important because the events of the day are sinking in to Mikasa's mind, she realises that she has nothing to go home to, to live for. She realises that the world is cold, that she feels cold and numb and that she has no reason to live anymore, the world is cruel and merciless, everything she loved was taken away in an instance. And then Eren gives her the scarf, now when Eren asks her if it is warm, and she responds that it is, it is not just the physical aspect that she is expressing. The scarf shows that even though the world is a merciless and dark place, that it is also beautiful. The act of giving the scarf is a pure form of human kindness, this and the passion Eren showed when he saved her from a life of being a sex slave; shows Mikasa something else about the world. This is that although this world is cruel, it is also very beautiful. The beauty here being Eren's passion to stand up against those who would cruelly take away love from others, the beauty is a little boy giving his scarf to a little girl in her moment of need. The beauty is that Eren didn't do any of his actions for personal gain, to be the victor who lives, he did it because it was the right thing to do, to save her from the darkness. After seeing such a display of greed and cruelly, Mikasa see's a young boy who she has never met, risk his life to save her from the cruel reality of the world, his idealistic and strong will a burning fire of light in the darkness. This is what the scarf represents to Mikasa, the beauty of the world, the beauty of human kindness and compassion, the beauty of Eren and the selfless act he committed that day to save a little girl who he didn't know.

Jean - (at first) Selfish, arrogant, condescending, rude, quick to anger, blunt and judgemental. Jean now - somewhat cowardly, but brave when he needs to be (such as saving Mikasa), still blunt, fearful (of his own and his comrades deaths), leadership potential, good empathy, he understands how others feel, not as arrogant or rude anymore, but still quick to anger.
Jean is complex, he thinks things through too much, and although he now cares about his comrades very much, he started off as a very selfish person (compared to say Eren, who would risk his life to save a random girl), but he has shown much development. Jean and Eren both have leadership qualities (Eren is brave and inspiring, Jean is empathetic and understands how others feel). Jean has a crush on Mikasa because of her physical appearance . We know this because he doesn't interact with her at all apart from saying her hair is pretty. Deep down Jean is a good person and a good character, he has grown up from a selfish boy into a caring man, but he cannot give Mikasa what she need, the light in the darkness, the passion and will that only Eren possesses. Jean would be a good boyfriend for some woman out there, but unfortunately for him, he doesn't have what Mikasa needs.

Seeing as you brought Eren and Jean's physical appearance into this - Jean is taller than Eren (which is a good thing (but I don't know if Eren will outgrow him, Dr Yeager is a taller man after all) ). Eyes - Jean has more masculine eyes, they are smaller, but they are also less expressive, this is what allows Eren to express so much emotion with just his eyes. Facial shape - Eren got this right, Jean has a horse face, it is too long, Eren could do with a better jaw, but he basic shape of his face is much more aesthetically pleasing (no homo) also dat feel when have a more Jean shaped face :(
Hair, now this is debatable, usually Jeans sort of haircut looks better, but in anime I feel as though Eren's is more aesthetic, partly because Jean's looks like he is trying to hard. (Eren's haircut also made Jean look more aesthetic (I shudder at the thought of Eren with Jean's)
Body shape and physical ability. Eren is bigger built than Jean, who is longer and more lanky. Jean is noted to be a master with the 3DMG, whilst Eren is noted to have natural physical strength and close combat skills. So Eren = more stocky, powerful. Jean = taller and more spindly.

Eren character and The bond (Eren's side)
Eren is - Strong, brave, reckless, aggressive, just, selfless, quick to anger, caring and he see's some of the big picture (the future of humanity, but he lacks to see the future of himself and those around him). Eren is a strong willed individual, who has some trouble in social situations because of his strong presence, but deep down Eren is a good hearted invdivudal, and always has been (his mothers death just burying it under a cover of anger and self resentment).

now I won't lie to anybody here, this is difficult to write, because we don't get to see so much of Eren's internal feelings compared to other characters, mostly because it is usually him in danger and needing to be saved, but alas I will soldier on.
Eren's sense of justice and right and wrong are what makes him save Mikasa that day, he can't physically stand the thought of monsters getting away with such Henious crimes, and so he takes matters into his own hands. (Note Dr. Yeager talking about how Eren struggles to make friends, because of his attitude) Eren's passion and will lead him to save Mikasa, who he then gives his scarf. Now for Eren, this scene represents himself putting Mikasa under his protection (later on he realises that Mikasa doesn't need his physical protection, but he doesn't realise the effect his spirit and fire have on her). This is because Eren is strongly protective of his loved ones (Attempting to save his mother until the very end, even when it was hopeless, pulling Armin out of the titans mouth, sacrificing his own life for that of his friend). We learn Eren is protective very early on, when he rushes off to save Armin from the bullies (note Mikasa isn't there to save Armin, but to stop Eren from getting hurt). We see that Eren is especially protective of Mikasa, even though she constantly out performs him in physical tests (Just after Eren's large speech about how humanity must fight the titans, for freedom and for those who have given their lives for humanity, he still tells Mikasa to join the military police, even though he can't stand them, just so she would be safe. This is after years of himself taunting Jean and the others, calling them "cowards" for wanting to join the MP.). The courtroom scene also highlights Erens protectiveness of Mikasa, he is called into trial for being the very thing he hates most in the world, a titan. His life is in the balance, and he remains calm and somewhat unfazed, this is until he learns that in titan form he attacked Mikasa. Straight away he goes from calm (when his own life is on the line, after hearing how the military police want to dissect him) , to distraught and deeply shaken almost straight away, turning his head to Mikasa and desperately looking at her, hoping she tells him that it is not true. When he finds out it is true, he nearly breaks down, looking at the floor and shaken to his core (Eren, the so called "monster" by Levi, is nearly broken by these few words). But his sadness and despair quickly turn to anger when Mikasa is accused and threatened. He is at a trial, for being a titan (the thing he hates most of all in the world) and evidence is mounting against him, he is to be dissected, yet as soon as Mikasa is threatened, he doesn't care for his own safety, but aggressively defends Mikasa at his trial, where evidence is mounting for his execution. This shows just how much Eren cares about Mikasa, and how far his protectiveness stretches, he doesn't care that he is to be executed, or that he is what he hates, all that matters is keeping Mikasa safe, that is all. The reason Eren doesn't show these feelings as obviously as Mikasa are for two main reasons
1. He is usually the person in danger, and Mikasa is usually saving him
2. Eren is shown to have trouble dealing with his feeling and emotions (struggles to make friends, under so much pressure)
But Eren's love for Mikasa is not that of a brother "I'm not your son or your little brother". It is to be noted that Mikasa is the older of the two, so if he was her brother, he would be her little brother, but he outwardly states that she isn't. Not once does anybody else see them as brother and sister either. Levi (to Mikasa) "you are Eren's close friend, aren't you?" And when he expresses curiosity into why she is so stretched and devoted to him, which he wouldn't have asked if he thought they were brother and sister.
Jean obviously doesn't think they are siblings, based on his jealousy and envy of Eren
Ian calls Eren Mikasa's "love" or "lover" and she blushes (but not getting into that because Mikasa's feelings are obvious to anybody, unless you stick your fingers in your ears to hide the truth)
Armin (who is crazy smart and is never wrong) notices that Mikasa and Eren's relationship is not that of a brother and a sister.
Basically, everybody can tell that Mikasa is in love with Eren apart from Eren himself, why? Well because of a couple of reasons -
1. Eren is not great at assessing the feelings of those around him (Unlike Jean)
2. Eren has been so busy that he hasn't had time to reflect on his and Mikasa's situation
3. Eren is a teenage boy, they are not exactly known for their expertise on romantic feelings
4. To Eren, having Mikasa around is normal, so he doesn't see how she truly feels and has probably felt for a long time.

Why Mikasa and Eren's personalities compliment eachother, and why they both need one another -
Physical attributes - Eren, whilst strong in his own right, cannot hold a candle to the exceptional abilities of Mikasa. But these abilities of Mikasa's are vital to Eren, because they are always getting him out of danger and when he isn't in danger, they force him to better himself so that he can become that strong.
Mental attributes - As described up above, Mikasa is fragile mentally, and without Eren, she almost turns into a husk, lacking much emotion. Eren breathes life into Mikasa, and in return she saves his own life with her physical abilities. Eren's strong will and passion are what bring Mikasa's own emotions out and make her human, but she still retains a cautious and more reserved personality that helps to keep Eren out of trouble (calming him down when he started a fight with Jean). Mikasa wants to protect him, and whilst some people might believe that Mikasa is trying to cage his free spirit, she isn't. What she is trying to do is slow Eren down, because without her there Eren will end up dead.

How they benefit one another -
Mikasa saves Eren physically, and sometime he saves her physically (in human form as a child and later on as a titan)
Eren saves Mikasa psychologically, showing her the beauty in the world, and bringing her to life with his passion and strong idealism. Mikasa also saves Eren psychologically on occasion, reeling him in when he goes to far or his emotions become to strong (a problem when you have so much passion and feeling) she does this by (calming him down when fights with Jean, or comforting him over his guilt about the death of the elite squad)

Finally, why nobody else can understand them like they do eachother -
Eren knows what Mikasa went through, he was there, so he understands why she is the way she is (when he says "I never asked for this" when she is protecting him, it is his anger that he cannot protect her that blinds him and makes him speak before he thinks) . Eren understands how it feels to lose a parent in an horrific way whilst you can do nothing but watch, he will always feel protective over Mikasa because of what he saw when he saved her.
I don't think Eren would ever truly trust another man with Mikasa (maybe Armin but I don't think that would ever happen, seeing as how Armin want to get them together) and so he couldn't watch another man take Mikasa away from him, knowing what those kidnappers wanted her for and because I feel that without her st his side, Eren would feel lost; because that is how it has always been for him.
Now for Mikasa. The very thought that Eren could have "special feelings" for Annie is enough to make her jealous and it seems to have fueled a rivalry between Annie and Mikasa during the training days. Without Eren's firey passion and his strong presence, Mikasa becomes a husk with little emotion, which would lead to an unfulfilling relationship for her and whoever else she was with, because they wouldn't connect emotionally. This is the opposite to her with Eren, he not only conncects with her emotionally, but is the reason why she can feel those emotions, the fuel to her fire if you will.
Finally, there is just too much history between the two. I could only see jealousy from either one if somebody else interfered with their close relationship.

Other things to note, seeing as this manga loves little hints here and there (such as Reiner and bertholdt being the armoured and colossal titans respectively). Is that the scarf is also a very blatant example of the red string of fate (a red ribbon or string that connects two people eternally to be lovers and soul mates/ life partners) - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_string_of_fate - note how it is often symbolised or referred to in Japanese Manga
Another little thing that bugs me is how the last thing Mikasa talks about with her parents is having children, which leads me to believe that at some point during this manga (probably at the end) Mikasa will have children. Now I believe these will be Eren's children because who comes straight into her life just after this conversation? Eren, he becomes her life.

Well I'm done and off to bed, hope this is a wall the cult of the walls would worship, peace out.
Sep 15, 2013 4:43 AM

Sep 2013
I ship:
Levi x Eren : I used to dislike this ship. I'm not very into Yaoi pairings but after seeing many good fanarts of them at Tumblr, it became my OTP. I know it's crack and has very low chance of happening, yet I still enjoy it.

Mikasa x Eren : I'm quite sure about Mikasa loves Eren, but I'm not sure about Eren's side. I don't mind if they end up together.

Sasha x Cooked Potato: The only canon pairing for now ^^ LOL :D

NaruHina forever! Graphics by me~
Sep 15, 2013 5:07 AM

Jun 2009
MikasaxEren said:
A little something I wrote for another thread but it mainly relates to romance, it explains reasoning behind Mikaere, and why Jeankasa just wouldn't work (or Levi x Mikasa too, jean is just used as an example)
I describe the character, their traits and how I feel they operate, and what they need emotionally and physically

Character -

Mikasa - cautious, calm, stoic, intelligent, and she see's some of the bigger picture (the future of those around her (Eren) but not that of humanity). However once Eren gets in danger she becomes - protective, passionate, reckless and cold hearted (to everybody else)
Eren brings out the human in Mikasa, he is the key to her feelings and her emotions, this is why she can only ever be truly "alive" with him. It was Eren's passion, his strong will that saved her and showed her the burning fire in the darkness that had surrounded her, the beauty in a dark and merciless world. To the person below, you say Mikasa and Eren wouldn't work because she wants to cage him and he wants to be free. I can see where you are coming from, but I have a different perspective that you. Eren brings out the human side of Mikasa, and she in turn calms the intense spirit of Eren, by controlling it just enough so that he doesn't run rampant and injure of get himself killed. To Mikasa, Eren is a burning beacon of beauty in a dark and cruel world. His idealistic passion and mental strength are what gives Mikasa the strength to go on in the cruel and merciless world that she knows "Eren as long as you are with me, I can do anything". I suppose this has already explained the bond between them pretty well but I will go into more detail -

The bond (Mikasa's side) - in very quick terms, he has killed for her and she has killed for him (human beings not titans).
When her family was snatched away from her, nine year old Mikasa learnt the harsh reality of our world, that the victor lives and the lose dies. But Eren showed her that even if it looks like you will lose you must fight. This is because if you don't fight you can't win. Eren's passion and his idealistic spirit awakened the life within Mikasa again, and whilst she was never the same again, she was given hope by the world in the form of Eren.
The scarf scene is very important because the events of the day are sinking in to Mikasa's mind, she realises that she has nothing to go home to, to live for. She realises that the world is cold, that she feels cold and numb and that she has no reason to live anymore, the world is cruel and merciless, everything she loved was taken away in an instance. And then Eren gives her the scarf, now when Eren asks her if it is warm, and she responds that it is, it is not just the physical aspect that she is expressing. The scarf shows that even though the world is a merciless and dark place, that it is also beautiful. The act of giving the scarf is a pure form of human kindness, this and the passion Eren showed when he saved her from a life of being a sex slave; shows Mikasa something else about the world. This is that although this world is cruel, it is also very beautiful. The beauty here being Eren's passion to stand up against those who would cruelly take away love from others, the beauty is a little boy giving his scarf to a little girl in her moment of need. The beauty is that Eren didn't do any of his actions for personal gain, to be the victor who lives, he did it because it was the right thing to do, to save her from the darkness. After seeing such a display of greed and cruelly, Mikasa see's a young boy who she has never met, risk his life to save her from the cruel reality of the world, his idealistic and strong will a burning fire of light in the darkness. This is what the scarf represents to Mikasa, the beauty of the world, the beauty of human kindness and compassion, the beauty of Eren and the selfless act he committed that day to save a little girl who he didn't know.

Jean - (at first) Selfish, arrogant, condescending, rude, quick to anger, blunt and judgemental. Jean now - somewhat cowardly, but brave when he needs to be (such as saving Mikasa), still blunt, fearful (of his own and his comrades deaths), leadership potential, good empathy, he understands how others feel, not as arrogant or rude anymore, but still quick to anger.
Jean is complex, he thinks things through too much, and although he now cares about his comrades very much, he started off as a very selfish person (compared to say Eren, who would risk his life to save a random girl), but he has shown much development. Jean and Eren both have leadership qualities (Eren is brave and inspiring, Jean is empathetic and understands how others feel). Jean has a crush on Mikasa because of her physical appearance . We know this because he doesn't interact with her at all apart from saying her hair is pretty. Deep down Jean is a good person and a good character, he has grown up from a selfish boy into a caring man, but he cannot give Mikasa what she need, the light in the darkness, the passion and will that only Eren possesses. Jean would be a good boyfriend for some woman out there, but unfortunately for him, he doesn't have what Mikasa needs.

Seeing as you brought Eren and Jean's physical appearance into this - Jean is taller than Eren (which is a good thing (but I don't know if Eren will outgrow him, Dr Yeager is a taller man after all) ). Eyes - Jean has more masculine eyes, they are smaller, but they are also less expressive, this is what allows Eren to express so much emotion with just his eyes. Facial shape - Eren got this right, Jean has a horse face, it is too long, Eren could do with a better jaw, but he basic shape of his face is much more aesthetically pleasing (no homo) also dat feel when have a more Jean shaped face :(
Hair, now this is debatable, usually Jeans sort of haircut looks better, but in anime I feel as though Eren's is more aesthetic, partly because Jean's looks like he is trying to hard. (Eren's haircut also made Jean look more aesthetic (I shudder at the thought of Eren with Jean's)
Body shape and physical ability. Eren is bigger built than Jean, who is longer and more lanky. Jean is noted to be a master with the 3DMG, whilst Eren is noted to have natural physical strength and close combat skills. So Eren = more stocky, powerful. Jean = taller and more spindly.

Eren character and The bond (Eren's side)
Eren is - Strong, brave, reckless, aggressive, just, selfless, quick to anger, caring and he see's some of the big picture (the future of humanity, but he lacks to see the future of himself and those around him). Eren is a strong willed individual, who has some trouble in social situations because of his strong presence, but deep down Eren is a good hearted invdivudal, and always has been (his mothers death just burying it under a cover of anger and self resentment).

now I won't lie to anybody here, this is difficult to write, because we don't get to see so much of Eren's internal feelings compared to other characters, mostly because it is usually him in danger and needing to be saved, but alas I will soldier on.
Eren's sense of justice and right and wrong are what makes him save Mikasa that day, he can't physically stand the thought of monsters getting away with such Henious crimes, and so he takes matters into his own hands. (Note Dr. Yeager talking about how Eren struggles to make friends, because of his attitude) Eren's passion and will lead him to save Mikasa, who he then gives his scarf. Now for Eren, this scene represents himself putting Mikasa under his protection (later on he realises that Mikasa doesn't need his physical protection, but he doesn't realise the effect his spirit and fire have on her). This is because Eren is strongly protective of his loved ones (Attempting to save his mother until the very end, even when it was hopeless, pulling Armin out of the titans mouth, sacrificing his own life for that of his friend). We learn Eren is protective very early on, when he rushes off to save Armin from the bullies (note Mikasa isn't there to save Armin, but to stop Eren from getting hurt). We see that Eren is especially protective of Mikasa, even though she constantly out performs him in physical tests (Just after Eren's large speech about how humanity must fight the titans, for freedom and for those who have given their lives for humanity, he still tells Mikasa to join the military police, even though he can't stand them, just so she would be safe. This is after years of himself taunting Jean and the others, calling them "cowards" for wanting to join the MP.). The courtroom scene also highlights Erens protectiveness of Mikasa, he is called into trial for being the very thing he hates most in the world, a titan. His life is in the balance, and he remains calm and somewhat unfazed, this is until he learns that in titan form he attacked Mikasa. Straight away he goes from calm (when his own life is on the line, after hearing how the military police want to dissect him) , to distraught and deeply shaken almost straight away, turning his head to Mikasa and desperately looking at her, hoping she tells him that it is not true. When he finds out it is true, he nearly breaks down, looking at the floor and shaken to his core (Eren, the so called "monster" by Levi, is nearly broken by these few words). But his sadness and despair quickly turn to anger when Mikasa is accused and threatened. He is at a trial, for being a titan (the thing he hates most of all in the world) and evidence is mounting against him, he is to be dissected, yet as soon as Mikasa is threatened, he doesn't care for his own safety, but aggressively defends Mikasa at his trial, where evidence is mounting for his execution. This shows just how much Eren cares about Mikasa, and how far his protectiveness stretches, he doesn't care that he is to be executed, or that he is what he hates, all that matters is keeping Mikasa safe, that is all. The reason Eren doesn't show these feelings as obviously as Mikasa are for two main reasons
1. He is usually the person in danger, and Mikasa is usually saving him
2. Eren is shown to have trouble dealing with his feeling and emotions (struggles to make friends, under so much pressure)
But Eren's love for Mikasa is not that of a brother "I'm not your son or your little brother". It is to be noted that Mikasa is the older of the two, so if he was her brother, he would be her little brother, but he outwardly states that she isn't. Not once does anybody else see them as brother and sister either. Levi (to Mikasa) "you are Eren's close friend, aren't you?" And when he expresses curiosity into why she is so stretched and devoted to him, which he wouldn't have asked if he thought they were brother and sister.
Jean obviously doesn't think they are siblings, based on his jealousy and envy of Eren
Ian calls Eren Mikasa's "love" or "lover" and she blushes (but not getting into that because Mikasa's feelings are obvious to anybody, unless you stick your fingers in your ears to hide the truth)
Armin (who is crazy smart and is never wrong) notices that Mikasa and Eren's relationship is not that of a brother and a sister.
Basically, everybody can tell that Mikasa is in love with Eren apart from Eren himself, why? Well because of a couple of reasons -
1. Eren is not great at assessing the feelings of those around him (Unlike Jean)
2. Eren has been so busy that he hasn't had time to reflect on his and Mikasa's situation
3. Eren is a teenage boy, they are not exactly known for their expertise on romantic feelings
4. To Eren, having Mikasa around is normal, so he doesn't see how she truly feels and has probably felt for a long time.

Why Mikasa and Eren's personalities compliment eachother, and why they both need one another -
Physical attributes - Eren, whilst strong in his own right, cannot hold a candle to the exceptional abilities of Mikasa. But these abilities of Mikasa's are vital to Eren, because they are always getting him out of danger and when he isn't in danger, they force him to better himself so that he can become that strong.
Mental attributes - As described up above, Mikasa is fragile mentally, and without Eren, she almost turns into a husk, lacking much emotion. Eren breathes life into Mikasa, and in return she saves his own life with her physical abilities. Eren's strong will and passion are what bring Mikasa's own emotions out and make her human, but she still retains a cautious and more reserved personality that helps to keep Eren out of trouble (calming him down when he started a fight with Jean). Mikasa wants to protect him, and whilst some people might believe that Mikasa is trying to cage his free spirit, she isn't. What she is trying to do is slow Eren down, because without her there Eren will end up dead.

How they benefit one another -
Mikasa saves Eren physically, and sometime he saves her physically (in human form as a child and later on as a titan)
Eren saves Mikasa psychologically, showing her the beauty in the world, and bringing her to life with his passion and strong idealism. Mikasa also saves Eren psychologically on occasion, reeling him in when he goes to far or his emotions become to strong (a problem when you have so much passion and feeling) she does this by (calming him down when fights with Jean, or comforting him over his guilt about the death of the elite squad)

Finally, why nobody else can understand them like they do eachother -
Eren knows what Mikasa went through, he was there, so he understands why she is the way she is (when he says "I never asked for this" when she is protecting him, it is his anger that he cannot protect her that blinds him and makes him speak before he thinks) . Eren understands how it feels to lose a parent in an horrific way whilst you can do nothing but watch, he will always feel protective over Mikasa because of what he saw when he saved her.
I don't think Eren would ever truly trust another man with Mikasa (maybe Armin but I don't think that would ever happen, seeing as how Armin want to get them together) and so he couldn't watch another man take Mikasa away from him, knowing what those kidnappers wanted her for and because I feel that without her st his side, Eren would feel lost; because that is how it has always been for him.
Now for Mikasa. The very thought that Eren could have "special feelings" for Annie is enough to make her jealous and it seems to have fueled a rivalry between Annie and Mikasa during the training days. Without Eren's firey passion and his strong presence, Mikasa becomes a husk with little emotion, which would lead to an unfulfilling relationship for her and whoever else she was with, because they wouldn't connect emotionally. This is the opposite to her with Eren, he not only conncects with her emotionally, but is the reason why she can feel those emotions, the fuel to her fire if you will.
Finally, there is just too much history between the two. I could only see jealousy from either one if somebody else interfered with their close relationship.

Other things to note, seeing as this manga loves little hints here and there (such as Reiner and bertholdt being the armoured and colossal titans respectively). Is that the scarf is also a very blatant example of the red string of fate (a red ribbon or string that connects two people eternally to be lovers and soul mates/ life partners) - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_string_of_fate - note how it is often symbolised or referred to in Japanese Manga
Another little thing that bugs me is how the last thing Mikasa talks about with her parents is having children, which leads me to believe that at some point during this manga (probably at the end) Mikasa will have children. Now I believe these will be Eren's children because who comes straight into her life just after this conversation? Eren, he becomes her life.

Well I'm done and off to bed, hope this is a wall the cult of the walls would worship, peace out.

another wall of text
Crazy is as crazy does
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Sep 15, 2013 5:16 AM

Aug 2013
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:

another wall of text
Crazy is as crazy does

Would the wall cult be proud? Would pastor Nick give me a medal? Come on brah, I spent a lot of time writing that out (bout 20 mins) at least give me your opinion on it.
Sep 15, 2013 5:20 AM
Jan 2011
MikasaxEren said:

Okay, now i am interested in your shipping essay - since it already sounds like one.

I wouldn't be too worried about Mikasa x Jean.
Hajime already said that Jean will have a heroic moment with Mikasa in Chapter 49, but she wouldn't think much of it.
And one of Hajimes editors said that he only might have a chance if Eren dies.
Sep 15, 2013 5:34 AM

Aug 2013
Cerina said:
MikasaxEren said:

Okay, now i am interested in your shipping essay - since it already sounds like one.

I wouldn't be too worried about Mikasa x Jean.
Hajime already said that Jean will have a heroic moment with Mikasa in Chapter 49, but she wouldn't think much of it.
And one of Hajimes editors said that he only might have a chance if Eren dies.

I'm not worried, I'm just showing that if Mikasa does end up with anybody else, it wouldn't make sense with her character so far. The sad thing is I can see Eren dying :( . But I hope he doesn't, I don't know, there is something about the way Mikasa's mother says to her "when you have children of your own someday". I think the manga will end with Mikasa with kids, the question is who's will they be? (Crosses fingers for Eren's (now they would be some tough ass kids,'unbreakble spirits and crazy physical strength) To be fair I can see Jean dying to save either Eren or Mikasa later on, to show that he really was a good person after all.
Sep 15, 2013 5:37 AM

Jul 2013
FINISHED!!!

Looks like I've learned a number of things after all. MikasaxEren indeed.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 15, 2013 5:50 AM

Aug 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
FINISHED!!!

Looks like I've learned a number of things after all. MikasaxEren indeed.

Me or the ship?
Feelsgoodman

I think in my explanation in the last few posts, the simplicity of what Eren's action did for Mikasa is what makes this ship for me. Obviously I have already explained all of this. I suppose all that reasoning is why I get so irate when I get messages from Levi x Mikasa shippers saying "ERENZ IS SO MEAN TO MIKASA HE DOESN'T DESERVE HER!!!!!11111111"

I just put my hand in my hands, it's like all they can see is Levi, Levi and more Levi and they don't pay attention to any of the character interactions whatsoever.
Sep 15, 2013 8:35 AM

Jun 2009
MikasaxEren said:
Come on brah, I spent a lot of time writing that out (bout 20 mins) at least give me your opinion on it.

Are you implying I have nothing better to do than read another one of your essays?
I assure you I do. I could probably kill Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough in that time and consider it time well spent.
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Sep 15, 2013 8:59 AM

Aug 2013
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:
Come on brah, I spent a lot of time writing that out (bout 20 mins) at least give me your opinion on it.

Are you implying I have nothing better to do than read another one of your essays?
I assure you I do. I could probably kill Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough in that time and consider it time well spent.

There is nothing better than one of my essays, I scored A*s for that shit in classes, besides if Mikasa is your favourite character, you would especially love this one, seeing as it focuses on her character and who she really is.
Only thing better than one of my essays is a new chapter of shingeki no kyojin.
Sep 15, 2013 9:17 AM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:

There is nothing better than one of my essays, I scored A*s for that shit in classes, besides if Mikasa is your favourite character, you would especially love this one, seeing as it focuses on her character and who she really is.

Or, that Shingeki No Kyojin goes bi-monthly.
Sep 15, 2013 9:27 AM

Aug 2013
Xinception said:
MikasaxEren said:
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:

Or, that Shingeki No Kyojin goes bi-monthly.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg

I'm thinking about writing a essay on Levi, and why fangirls foam at the panties for him. In short terms (hehehe) it is just the badass and cold attitude, but I think it goes little deeper, seeing as a lot of his random portray him as wildly OOC, so it should be fun to write out.
Also I'm scared that I actually prefer the Levi x Eren ship over Levi x Mikasa, it just seems less wrong and the fanbase for it mostly seem to accept it won't happen. Not like the Levikasa shippers who spam my inbox all the time (I swear if I get your addresses I will snap into you like a pretzel between my manly hands )
MikasaxErenSep 15, 2013 9:31 AM
Sep 15, 2013 9:30 AM

Jun 2009
MikasaxEren said:
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:

you go to school?
I thought you lived on MAL
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Sep 15, 2013 9:34 AM

Aug 2013
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:

you go to school?

Finished school last year, stating university next year. At the minute I'm doing full time bodybuilding, eating the exact amount of calories, right exercises ect. I don't spend that much time on MAL, I'm usually using my phone on it when I'm out and stuff, I only do the essays when I'm at home though. Also what is with the passive aggression I feel from you? I know you wish you had 18" pythons like me, or perfectly sculpted glutes like me. And you can, just train "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody want to lift this heavy ass weight"
Sep 15, 2013 9:48 AM

Jun 2009
MikasaxEren said:
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:
RinM said:
MikasaxEren said:

you go to school?

Finished school last year, stating university next year. At the minute I'm doing full time bodybuilding, eating the exact amount of calories, right exercises ect. I don't spend that much time on MAL, I'm usually using my phone on it when I'm out and stuff, I only do the essays when I'm at home though. Also what is with the passive aggression I feel from you? I know you wish you had 18" pythons like me, or perfectly sculpted glutes like me. And you can, just train "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody want to lift this heavy ass weight"

The passive aggression is called trolling. It's something I do when I meet a person like you. It brings me a lot of joy. I have a bodybuilder in the house m8 and I never really cared about it. But you can think what you want. What ever gets you through the night.
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Sep 15, 2013 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
This discussion was supposed to be about romance and shipping, now I see stuff about school and bodybuilding, what? Idon'teven.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.