Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 24, 2013 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, first time I've seen Arata and Taichi reunite in awhile. Took half a season but there they are. The episode felt relaxing to me in the first half but I loved the song played in the backgrounds. Oh and that "love triangle" imagination was amusing.

Oh and Queen is cute as usual. *tsh* Dat confident face:

Getting intense now.

May 24, 2013 10:29 AM
Dec 2012
Poor Chihaya, and poor Taichi hearing about something unpleasant to him.

Flashback was redundant IMO. The ending was dramatic and intense.
May 24, 2013 12:58 PM
Dec 2011
I'm I the only one that is annoyed by Chihaya and Arata's relationship. I mean can't they talk for like 5 minutes. It's like they have some doomed relationship like I dunno Romeo and Juliet or something. I mean as Taichi and Chihaya are drawn together her and Arata are destined to be apart or something. Maybe it's different in manga, I haven't read it. Personally I always thought Taichi was a jerk ever since they were kids so maybe just me. Anyways I think that what keeps me watching is hoping Arata will atleast get to talk to her for a little bit. As for the rest of this episode other than minimal Chihaya Arata screen time it was good. Minus the redundant flashback. Seems like they have had lots of flashbacks this season. Let the individual tournament begin!
May 24, 2013 1:00 PM
Aug 2012
sooo nerve wrecking!! not sure how but hoping Chihaya wins...

And Taichi must make it to class A this time!!!
May 24, 2013 1:11 PM

Jun 2009
Chihaya playing with her left hand reminds me of how Arata's grandpa switched hands to play after he was hospitalized(not sure what his dominant hand was thought)

It was nice how Nishida's sister gave them the shirts even though she was cheering for Hokuo the whole time.

And Arata is planing to go to a university in Tokyo. Arata better be prepared -cries-

Is it too early to wish for season 3??
May 24, 2013 1:14 PM

May 2012
Yeah I'm actually annoyed that Chihaya and Arata can't even spare the time to catch up with each other. At this rate, I'm not even sure if we'll get to see them in a real conversation until season 3.

Playing karuta left handed. I think this is a great way to show how Chihaya evolves as a karuta player on her journey to becoming Queen. Hoping to see some good things from this.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
May 24, 2013 1:27 PM

Apr 2010
there's no chance that Chihaya wins the tournament if she passes the first round she'll fight against the Queen 100%
May 24, 2013 1:32 PM

Jun 2012
This is the Chihayafuru I know, Taichi depressed after hearing anything related to Chihaya/Arata

Maybe it's because I've grown so attached to these characters but you don't even know how close I was to breaking down once I heard the first ED.

Mizusawa Fight-O!!!
HybridMBLMay 24, 2013 1:37 PM
May 24, 2013 1:36 PM

Jan 2011
Better than last episode. Finally a handicap to make the matches more interesting. It seems queen has become the villain of the show. I really like Arata and Queen's accent.
[center]
May 24, 2013 1:39 PM
Jun 2007
Taichi, you do not stand a chance. Just give it up.
May 24, 2013 2:32 PM

Jan 2012
Meh MadHouse why are you doing this to me, so much mini recap after you did a full recap episode not too long ago. I love this show and it's slow pacing but enough with the filler already.
May 24, 2013 2:35 PM

Mar 2013
dobbs said:
I'm I the only one that is annoyed by Chihaya and Arata's relationship. I mean can't they talk for like 5 minutes. It's like they have some doomed relationship like I dunno Romeo and Juliet or something. I mean as Taichi and Chihaya are drawn together her and Arata are destined to be apart or something. Maybe it's different in manga, I haven't read it. Personally I always thought Taichi was a jerk ever since they were kids so maybe just me. Anyways I think that what keeps me watching is hoping Arata will atleast get to talk to her for a little bit. As for the rest of this episode other than minimal Chihaya Arata screen time it was good. Minus the redundant flashback. Seems like they have had lots of flashbacks this season. Let the individual tournament begin!

I also want Chihaya and Arata to have a conversation. Can be about anything or chit chat or whatever, just as long as they TALK and develop their relationship. I get that ChihayaxArata are probably endgame, but so far we haven't seen ANY development between them because they barely talk, let alone know each other (unless you counting the awkwardly drawn-out wistful looks they give each other whenever they're together in a scene).

Oh yeah... I honestly thought Chihaya was gonna molest Taichi in that scene o_o but then I remembered... this is Chihaya we're talking about lol. It was pretty adorable how she lay beside him afterwards :)

btw, does anyone know which chapter in the manga picks up after this? I've had it with waiting and just want to find out what happens XD (and yeah see an actual conversation between Chihaya & Arata lol)
SalemWitchMay 24, 2013 2:38 PM
May 24, 2013 2:35 PM

Apr 2011
VioLink said:
Better than last episode. Finally a handicap to make the matches more interesting. It seems queen has become the villain of the show. I really like Arata and Queen's accent.

Same here.I kinda fangirl when I hear him talk xp

Poor Chihaya.Her finger is worse than she thought and now she can't play well.
May 24, 2013 2:44 PM

Mar 2012
noo why not more Chihaya x Taichi!
This was an awesome ep except for the long recap
but so much feels damn

I totally feel the same as Tachi, I feel that he musn't go to Tokyo, don't like him and he shouldn't have won against Shinobu, I actually thought she was cool and should crush Arata (lol she's in super A class)

Taichi must dammit win and go to class A, just please let him win god, as he says 'what am I doing here' (in class B i think) and he's so right

Also Chihaya is in a pinch
Luckily most of the members will win the tournament of their class.
I'm just so sad for Taichi T.T
May 24, 2013 2:55 PM
Jun 2007
Taichi, you need to stop playing karuta. The only reason you do is because of Chihaya. Stop chasing after her. You do not stand a chance against Arata - both in game or love. ;)
May 24, 2013 3:02 PM

Mar 2013
gioss said:
Taichi, you need to stop playing karuta. The only reason you do is because of Chihaya. Stop chasing after her. You do not stand a chance against Arata - both in game or love. ;)

I think it's clear by this point that he's not playing *just* for Chihaya anymore. He may have started because of his feelings for her, but you can't chalk up all his suffering and perseverance to get better to "oh, he's playing only because he loves her". It may have been the main reason he started playing, and it still has significance in the plot but it's gotten smaller as time has passed. This is now mostly for himself, because he likes karuta and *wants* to better himself.
SalemWitchMay 24, 2013 3:08 PM
May 24, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2013
Now the individual tournament begins. Hopefully Chihaya gets it together and win despite only using her left hand.
May 24, 2013 3:14 PM

Dec 2007
I don't think Chihaya can make it until the finals but I hope she wins even if its just the first round..
May 24, 2013 3:26 PM
Jun 2007
Smurd said:
gioss said:

I think it's clear by this point that he's not playing *just* for Chihaya anymore. He may have started because of his feelings for her, but you can't chalk up all his suffering and perseverance to get better to "oh, he's playing only because he loves her". It may have been the main reason he started playing, and it still has significance in the plot but it's gotten smaller as time has passed. This is now mostly for himself, because he likes karuta and *wants* to better himself.

I say BS. he *is* playing for Chihaya and her club. That's the reason he plays karuta. It's to be with Chihaya and get closer to her. He wouldn't be on that club playing karuta if Chihaya isn't there. And there is nothing wrong with that. I think that's a valid reason. But he just doesn't stand a chance against Arata - both in game and love. I'm sure he will understand that.
giossMay 24, 2013 3:32 PM
May 24, 2013 3:40 PM
Mar 2013
Chihaya: Cries to Arata about how great teams are.
Arata: The only team for me is the one I had with Taichi and Chihaya.
Taichi: I don't want you on my team even if Chihaya does. You're my enemy.

Getting harder for me to like Taichi. All they want is to play on a karuta team together as friends and he can't even accept that. He has his reasons but this comes off as a bit selfish and jealous.
May 24, 2013 3:42 PM

Mar 2013
gioss said:
Smurd said:
gioss said:

I say BS. he *is* playing for Chihaya and her club. That's the reason he plays karuta. It's to be with Chihaya and get closer to her, and there is nothing wrong with that. I think that's a valid reason. But he just doesn't stand a chance against Arata - both in game and love. I'm sure he will understand that.

Fair enough, that's your opinion; we can agree to disagree about whether he's playing only for Chihaya or not.

As for whether he stands a chance against Arata for Chihaya, this is a josei so anything could happen even though it does look as if everything is going Arata's way, but that ship will never sail for me unless they have a conversation longer than 5 minutes (seriously, just what does this show have against that? o_o). But the way I see it this will end with ChihayaxKaruta—it's the biggest canon ship even if no one's on it—because it's likely she'll never figure out her feelings since she's just that dense.
May 24, 2013 3:45 PM

Jan 2012
Cincib0i said:

Getting harder for me to like Taichi. All they want is to play on a karuta team together as friends and he can't even accept that. He has his reasons but this comes off as a bit selfish and jealous.

I feel your pain but come on, he obviously loves Ayase, the fact that Arata is going to be moving into their lives in Tokyo is obviously going to make him anxious and defensive. He was pretty aggressive about it though but to be honest thats always been part of his character.
May 24, 2013 3:50 PM

Aug 2012
Oh man, I wonder how is this gonna play out. I wish Chihaya wins this man
May 24, 2013 4:04 PM

Aug 2009
5 EPISODES LEFT, NO NOTICE OF A 3RD SEASON Q___Q

HOW WILL THIS END!?!? ; - ;

//SOBS

POOR GUY THAT IS PLAYING ARATA.. LMAO
May 24, 2013 4:06 PM
Jun 2007
ReasonDesu said:
Cincib0i said:

I feel your pain but come on, he obviously loves Ayase, the fact that Arata is going to be moving into their lives in Tokyo is obviously going to make him anxious and defensive. He was pretty aggressive about it though but to be honest thats always been part of his character.

Taichi's always acting like a little bitch ever since childhood. I actually don't think he's aggressive enough. If he was, then he literally would've told Chihaya his feelings. He wouldn't have whispered behind Arata's back saying he's an enemy.
May 24, 2013 4:14 PM

Jul 2009
Why all the Taichi haters. He's probably the most realistic character there. He was never really a friend of Arata. Arata just happened to be there. Everything about pursuing love is 'selfish'. You don't want to be sharing your lover; you don't want him/her sleeping around; do you?

I say good for him for trying. If Chihaya doesn't love him, then oh well. Taichi deserves better. He's the most realistic and perceptive character. It just so happens that Chihaya is the kind of girl who just so happens to say all the right things at the right time; the things that will always sweep you off your feet. She's his kryptonite!
May 24, 2013 4:19 PM

Jan 2012
Kurogashi said:
If Chihaya doesn't love him, then oh well. Taichi deserves better.

How dare you sully my waifu in such ways :P I do agree all the Taichi hate is stupid though, it's a realistic reaction.
May 24, 2013 4:54 PM
Dec 2012
Cincib0i said:

He better make himself, not Chihaya nor anyone else, his refuge. Otherwise he will not achieve peace of mind and he will not win against Arata. He has to win against his ego and weak mind of distracting thoughts.
May 24, 2013 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
I have to admit, I am a little disappointed by this episode.
I had hoped for more story - e.g. actual dialogues between arata, chihaya, taichi or with the team, I felt the first season had a little bit more of that.
I also get the feeling that the newbies are getting abandoned, we don't really get to know them any better and they haven't shown real development.
Instead we get a five minute recap 4 episodes after a full recap episode.....
May 24, 2013 5:15 PM

May 2012
Poor Chihaya! And that atmosphere inside the Class A tournmanent! Whew..

I feel bad for Taichi.. he is in Class B and cannot play with Arata and Chihaya.
May 24, 2013 5:18 PM

Nov 2007
Arata introduced to the group, except Chihaya didn't see him until the next day because of her injury. Arata expressing that group for him is only for the three of them? Then mostly looking back by Chihaya on the whole thing. Nice that Nikuman's sister also cheers for them. lol @ the arrow pointing out Arata's parents.

Chihaya using left... lol @ Arata's opponent being who knows him, it seems like Chihaya's opponent don't "see" Chihaya at all (only for that girl in her school).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 24, 2013 5:35 PM
Mar 2013
Kurogashi said:
Why all the Taichi haters. He's probably the most realistic character there. He was never really a friend of Arata. Arata just happened to be there. Everything about pursuing love is 'selfish'. You don't want to be sharing your lover; you don't want him/her sleeping around; do you?

I say good for him for trying. If Chihaya doesn't love him, then oh well. Taichi deserves better. He's the most realistic and perceptive character. It just so happens that Chihaya is the kind of girl who just so happens to say all the right things at the right time; the things that will always sweep you off your feet. She's his kryptonite!

I don't believe that Taichi doesn't see Arata as a friend and it would be pretty disgusting if he's been faking it. Taichi and Arata have treated each other as good friends the entire time, and Chihaya has also believed the 3 of them to be close friends.

I understand that Taichi acting jealous and selfish is realistic under the circumstances, but what makes anything else so unrealistic? Why can't he be happy that a childhood friend of theirs is moving back? Arata obviously means a lot to Chihaya and (from my perspective) Taichi. Sure, it might get in the way of Taichi ever ending up with Chihaya, but if that's all it takes then it wasn't ever meant to be. Taichi will just have to come to terms with that. Yeah pursuing love is selfish, but to what degree? All they want is to play karuta together as friends on a team. If his love is so possessive and selfish where he can't even accept that then it won't ever work out.

Not trying to hate on Taichi, just a bit disappointed in him. He even said himself that he's trying to be a person who doesn't run away.
Cincib0iMay 24, 2013 5:41 PM
May 24, 2013 5:36 PM

Jul 2010
Chihaya'll probably lose the first round... or maybe the second; it's obvious that she won't make it far. I'm thinking Taichi winning it all in B-class.

gioss said:
But he just doesn't stand a chance against Arata - both in game and love.
I'm pretty sure Chihaya has never stated that she loves Arata as in romantically, and she probably doesn't think of him that way at all, considering her naïveté in relationships and romance.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
May 24, 2013 6:36 PM

Jul 2011
Sigh. Love triangles.
I think Chihaya will be with Taichi, if this series takes that turn. Arata seems more like a sort of.. "idol" to her. Perhaps I'm wrong though. Chihaya might just reject both of them, which I definitely see as a possibility. She loves Karuta.
I have mixed feelings about Arata being a constant existence in their lives too... but I don't see anything that strongly suggests that he will be with Chihaya. They have their moments, but it's mostly because they are in so little contact. He doesn't antagonize Taichi either, though Taichi seems ready to break all ties with him as soon as possible. I can't really see Chihaya with either of them though.

There is no way Chihaya will advance very far with that injury. She'll probably lose this round or next. She's not that OP. But of course she won't lose without coming to some kind of realization.
Maybe she'll learn to use her left hand from now on as well.

@gioss:
But I don't think Taichi is playing entirely for her. He really likes karuta, it's just that his main motivation is Chihaya... I think initially it really was just to get closer to her, but it has become a bit more for himself now. Otherwise, there is really no reason for him to try so hard to win. I suppose it could be to impress her, but Chihaya constantly encounters many strong players, some of which Taichi can't match up to at all. Then again, if something were to happen to Chihaya and she didn't play anymore, he probably wouldn't either. But that goes for the club as well.
MirorinMay 24, 2013 6:39 PM
May 24, 2013 7:05 PM

Apr 2011
I didn't really like how long that mini-montage was but it was still a good episode overall. Glad to finally see how the individual tournament is shaping up. I'm assuming Taichi will get to play that one awesome girl in class B later. I wonder what Chihaya is going to do about her injury..
May 24, 2013 7:13 PM

Aug 2010
Shinobu-chan KAWAII XD
Dat confidence hahaha.

Why did Chihaya have to play? Well I know why and her resolve is nice but still this will probably make her look bad :(
There's no way she can win like that T_T
I hope she can at least win the 1st round and increase her weapons (becoming ambidextrous) Well at least she doesn't have any broken bones.

Anyway tense ending and can't wait for more Arata and Shinobu.
Barion-ZaraMay 24, 2013 7:22 PM
May 24, 2013 8:49 PM

Aug 2012
Kurogashi said:
Why all the Taichi haters. He's probably the most realistic character there.
EXACTLY. It's not like he's actively scheming to keep them apart or anything, he just knows Arata is special to her because he introduced her to the love of her life(obviously karuta), and he's understandably scared of all the time and effort he's put in to be there for Chiyaha ultimately being futile(remember his monologue last episode). Sure, Arata is his friend, but how much did they really talk and bond even when they were kids?

It's not as though Taichi doesn't cherish the time they shared as a team, he just happens to love Chihaya much more. This is called genuine character development, people.

gioss said:
But he just doesn't stand a chance against Arata - both in game and love.
Maybe hop off Arata's dick for like two seconds, you're missing the show.
May 24, 2013 9:37 PM

May 2010
Poor Chihaya :'(

Finally some Chihaya/Arata screentime. =w=b
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 24, 2013 10:04 PM

Jan 2013
No need for the flashback/recap.
Anyways good episode, such a slow pace.
There needs to be another season
May 24, 2013 10:10 PM

Dec 2011
WOW the ending was so intense...great episode and may be Chihaya will find a way to use his left hand in next episode.The episode feels so short and there is about just 5 episodes left for the season.
May 24, 2013 10:53 PM

Oct 2009
Poor Chihaya, I was hoping that she will play against the Queen and see how much she progressed.
The mini recap was too long, but it was funny how Shinobu want to crush the world.
It seems that Taiichi can't overcome his jealousy about Arata but it always was part of his character. I think they should made some move towards Chihaya before Sudo gets an idea and stole her for them or she will be engaged with the Chihayafuru card...
May 24, 2013 11:38 PM

Jun 2008
The short encounter between Arata and Taichi made the episode for me.

It was extremely tense, both are biding their time, keeping so much to themselves and not saying what they really want to say. Instead we only hear an awkward friendly exchange. We always get Taichi's perspective, and he always comes out as jealous and not being assertive enough, but I think Arata actually feels the same way.

*sigh* It's hard on everyone. ;_;
May 24, 2013 11:52 PM

Jun 2012
I felt so god damn bad about Taichi. He is my favourite, and i really hope he ends with Chihaya. But childhood friend never wins. Usually.

But i just noticed that Retro's neck is extremely long. And dam, is he hilarious.
And sugo too! He is in fact my second most favourite character
I did not expect Chihaya to give up so easily. But to me, she can't pull magic from her sleeve, and suddenly use her left hand perfectly. I think the only way she will be able to beat her; is to use her middle finger on her right hand. If i remember properly, she was practicing that for a while. But then they sort of didn't mention it.
In my theory, they did it so they can easily transition it, and have it run more smoothly.
May 25, 2013 2:56 AM

May 2009
Kurogashi said:

Cincib0i said:
I don't believe that Taichi doesn't see Arata as a friend and it would be pretty disgusting if he's been faking it. Taichi and Arata have treated each other as good friends the entire time, and Chihaya has also believed the 3 of them to be close friends.

I understand that Taichi acting jealous and selfish is realistic under the circumstances, but what makes anything else so unrealistic? Why can't he be happy that a childhood friend of theirs is moving back? Arata obviously means a lot to Chihaya and (from my perspective) Taichi. ....

AlexTheRiot said:
EXACTLY. It's not like he's actively scheming to keep them apart or anything, he just knows Arata is special to her because he introduced her to the love of her life(obviously karuta), and he's understandably scared of all the time and effort he's put in to be there for Chiyaha ultimately being futile(remember his monologue last episode). Sure, Arata is his friend, but how much did they really talk and bond even when they were kids?

It's not as though Taichi doesn't cherish the time they shared as a team, he just happens to love Chihaya much more. This is called genuine character development, people.

See.. it's true that Taichi and Arata aren't the "best of friends". It was Chihaya who brought them together. But if you remember, Taichi has ALWAYS been possessive and selfish of Chihaya. It was when they were kids, it is also now as high schoolers. He's always been jealous that Chihaya respects Arata so much. But he also sees her respect for Arata as her love for him. Now we can't be sure if Chihaya is willing for that respect to develop into deep feelings of love for Arata. Taichi has always been her support. We also see that in this episode when she crawls to him because she needed someone. (I just REALLY wished that Taichi would wake up and see her there!! Alas... dammit!!)

It's not that Taichi's been faking his friendship. They negotiated their friendships in childhood itself. They came to a truce and they've been talking as friends since. But Chihaya has been the pivot. Arata's been maturely handling Taichi and (okay, not so much) Chihaya, but Taichi obviously sees Arata as a threat that he'll take Chihaya away from him. If she falls in love with Arata, it also destroys a part of their friendship. That's the way Taichi is. He is aggressive in an immature sense. And that's why he feels that Arata coming to Tokyo is a huge threat.. so much that he's willing to make him his enemy. But the enemy is also for love, and for karuta as well. (Hence the question: "Why am I here?" He was expecting himself to be in Class A, beside Chihaya. Not wanting to be separate from them.) He also respects Chihaya's feelings for him and gives them space to talk (though not too sure if that's what he meant in this episode when he asked if Arata was going to the station, then he may have told him to go along with Chihaya)

But ultimately, it's a match between Taichi and Arata.
On another note.. :)))) seeing as how selfish Chihaya herself is... like when it comes to Karuta... :))) She'll be selfish enough to say that she wants them both. :)))) She wants a team. :P LMAO! She doesn't know what love is yet, except the love for karuta. :)
Then the two guys will just have to negotiate their relationships again.
No kidding, how awkward.

It's not Bokura ga Ita. Atleast there was a clear choice and desire there. Here.. hmf... double dating? :))
gosh...
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
May 25, 2013 5:52 AM

Aug 2011
Okay here is my view point guys. First Taichi haters, have you all forgotten how you acted as children?! Back in your younger days were you the person you are today?! Honestly, there are much deeper reasons for Taichi's behavior than some people think.

Yes, so maybe he acted like a immature possessive little kid in the past, but he ONLY acted out because he felt he needed to show off his 'power' to others (have you seriously NEVER experienced this in your own lives?!?) So Chihaya wasn't a mindless follower as the rest of the class, we wouldn't have a story otherwise.

Once this bitter seed had been planted (by Taichi himself) he accepted it and tried even more ways to get noticed! Doing silly things such as stealing Arata's glasses because he didn't know how else to show he felt left out by his friend. He didn't just give up on being a nuisance, because he really cared about Chihaya!! Why would he have gone through all that trouble if he really didn't care about her? We cannot forget that some jealousy is irrational. It has no justifiable cause, but it has the same negative effect on the child and the friends of the child.

He must have known that he was fighting a losing battle, but couldn't stop himself. Once the three of them had teamed up, Taichi stopped acting out didn't he? He didn't go to school and ignore the two of them, did he? He knew what he had done was wrong and continued to play on with the two of them.

I can see that Taichi is genuinely envious of the fact that Arata was the one who introduced Chihaya to her obsession, and isn't that quite natural and realistic? Since his display of imperfectness I believe he has NEVER felt good enough to be with Chihaya. He truly-deeply-madly loves her and has for a looooong time, and I'm not saying that Arata doesn't love her just as much. In Taichi's eyes I believe that he is trying to overcome being constantly in Arata's shadow.

Another notable mention to consider is the fact that Chihaya and Arata both have parents who support them completely in playing karuta whereas Taichi's mother sees it as a waste of time.
Taichi didn't raise himself to be the class bully. Parenting also has a role to play in how kids deal with certain situations. Yet despite this, he continues to be there for Chihaya. He has not played dirty and got Chihaya's affections by simply confessing his feelings. He's striving to change as a person too. He has his moments of doubt, but who doesn't? If you love something so much, sometimes you lose your way.

I think he does feel threatened, heck why wouldn't he? Knowing that his 'rival' will be going to university closer to the two of them which can only lead to one thing. So of course he's freaking out asking 'why am I here for?' I truly feel for him as a character, as I can see Chihaya is falling for Arata, BUT I support TaixChi all the way forever and always.

If you think my reasons are wrong or right, feel free to voice your opinion!! Everyone has different ways of seeing things.
-Sae
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
May 25, 2013 6:04 AM
Jan 2013
Screw the Chihaya X Arata arc, its a Chihaya X Taichi arc for me.
May 25, 2013 6:54 AM

Dec 2007
I actually read the manga after this episode since the pacing in the anime is so slooow. What's up with that flashback of the last few episodes? (Though it made me a little teary-eyed to see how they've all worked hard to get where they are now. Must be the music.)

The good thing about this anime is that there's no character I really hate. Even Taichi, though he's sometimes a jerk, he's an honest jerk, and the closest to a real person we can get from the anime. Super dense Chihaya exists only in anime/manga, and godly nice Arata.

Also, I know I've said this before... why can't the three of them be a happy threesome together? (I should probably get to work on a fanfiction & fanart on my OT3. :>)
May 25, 2013 7:05 AM

May 2009
crushonyouxo said:

I can see that Taichi is genuinely envious of the fact that Arata was the one who introduced Chihaya to her obsession, and isn't that quite natural and realistic? Since his display of imperfectness I believe he has NEVER felt good enough to be with Chihaya. He truly-deeply-madly loves her and has for a looooong time, and I'm not saying that Arata doesn't love her just as much. In Taichi's eyes I believe that he is trying to overcome being constantly in Arata's shadow.

Another notable mention to consider is the fact that Chihaya and Arata both have parents who support them completely in playing karuta whereas Taichi's mother sees it as a waste of time.
Taichi didn't raise himself to be the class bully. Parenting also has a role to play in how kids deal with certain situations. Yet despite this, he continues to be there for Chihaya. He has not played dirty and got Chihaya's affections by simply confessing his feelings. He's striving to change as a person too. He has his moments of doubt, but who doesn't? If you love something so much, sometimes you lose your way.

-Sae

:)))
way to go! ^_^ You have some good observations! I forgot about Taichi's parents.. But one should have thought about it after seeing Arata's parents showing up for his match. It's been a while since he's played too. :)
Yup, he's always contesting with Arata, and he realises that the only way to overcome that is to not be in his shadow anymore. He overcame that in the finals of the team match, but he always stumbles in the individual matches. I REALLY wanna see him clear his way out of B into A. ^o^

But I do have one MAJOR complaint against this show.. What use is the phone that they carry? They're not even texting each other. :/ What kind of friends are they who after meeting up after sooo long don't even talk for 5 minutes. :\
Okay, yes, there is an awkwardness.. but dialogues should also have been developed.. not just about karuta, but some other backgrounds too.. Chihaya could have asked how he knew the Queen after that small conversation. Or something about senseis... or family... I don't know... just anything.. There are just too many silences between them... The desire to see Arata is so strong, yet they can't talk? :(

Btw, can anyone tell me if there are Karuta teams at college levels?? There should be, right? Or teams representing karuta societies? Team matches can't just be restricted to high-school level, right?

And if any scenes from the manga have been missed out from the anime episode, please post them here! Season 1 had a few.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
May 25, 2013 7:08 AM

Mar 2013
Does anyone know around which chapter in the manga the story continues from this point in the anime? I really want to find out what happens next...
May 25, 2013 7:45 AM

Dec 2007
Smurd said:
Does anyone know around which chapter in the manga the story continues from this point in the anime? I really want to find out what happens next...
There's a number of chapters skipped in the scanlations. It has chapters 1 to 40-something then 80-something to 100+. Where the anime is now is not scanlated in the manga, but if you read from the chapter 80-something where the manga started again, you should be able to understand it, it's still in the same arc.
Kundalini said:
But I do have one MAJOR complaint against this show.. What use is the phone that they carry? They're not even texting each other. :/ What kind of friends are they who after meeting up after sooo long don't even talk for 5 minutes. :
Okay, yes, there is an awkwardness.. but dialogues should also have been developed.. not just about karuta, but some other backgrounds too.. Chihaya could have asked how he knew the Queen after that small conversation. Or something about senseis... or family... I don't know... just anything.. There are just too many silences between them... The desire to see Arata is so strong, yet they can't talk? :(

Btw, can anyone tell me if there are Karuta teams at college levels?? There should be, right? Or teams representing karuta societies? Team matches can't just be restricted to high-school level, right?

And if any scenes from the manga have been missed out from the anime episode, please post them here! Season 1 had a few.
I knoow. I want them to talk, really. But Chihaya and Arata talk on phone too, so I thought maybe most of their communications are done offscreen (it better be that nothing), and it's so frustrating.

Yup, they have tournaments between karuta societies. I say this because I've just read the manga. Also there are the meijin and queen matches.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2013

93 by fathandz »»
Feb 5, 1:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.