Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 25, 2013 12:14 AM

Jun 2012
I don't really like the direction this is going. I always see these sorta things. And is getting repetitive. I am watching for that guy to appear with the right hand.

This anime has officially been turned to one of those which i would watch during my shower.
May 25, 2013 12:33 AM

Apr 2013
anyone care to enlighten me about the "FRE | NDA" joke? XD

I still have to watch season 1 of Railgun (almost done DLing) and I don't read the novels nor read the manga :(

so if there would be someone kind-hearted enough to educate an ignorant like me XD
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
May 25, 2013 12:39 AM

Mar 2012
We see some side of Kuroko that rarely exposed this episode.

And it look like we will see Mugino and Fre nda next episode.
NeoAnkaraMay 25, 2013 12:44 AM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 25, 2013 12:41 AM

Sep 2012
a good filler episode...

LOL at saten doing the fast hand moves and sniffing money card...

can't wait to see Fre nda and the ITEM next week...

xD
May 25, 2013 12:45 AM
May 2013
Thought it was a bit disappointing that they broke the tension established in the last few episodes.

However, they managed to expand Kuroko's worries in a very lovely way. A nice addition from the anime producers. The second half was a little too cheesy for me though, and watching Saten sniff for cash cards with a small kid was...uncomfortable. And awkward. Like the skirt-flipping, it may have been taken a bit too far.

The animation was noticeably less detailed than before, but I assume JC Staff saved their budget for the inevitable action scenes.

Trivial complaints aside, this episode was excellent overall. Deserves a 4/5.
The sound direction is really nice too. Better than the other Index/Railgun shows.

HidoiSan said:

sheeplingMay 25, 2013 12:57 AM
May 25, 2013 1:38 AM

May 2010
belatkuro said:

Fre|nda will be voiced by Uchida Maaya.

Well, that choice isn't half bad. ... Sorry... I know that's a bad one ):

About Mugino: I can't really imagine Kallens VA to fit her personality that well... Was she really that good in the game?
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
May 25, 2013 1:53 AM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Amarrez said:
JustALEX said:
I know Mikoto is doing something important, but...

She's still (IMO) kind of abusing Kuroko.

She knows that Kuroko would never go against her and she takes advantage of that.

Also, I don't know why they didn't have Kuroko help Mikoto, with her Teleportation abilities I'm sure Mikoto could destroy these labs a lot quicker.

Misaka won't endanger her friends, or risk them becoming too involved in AC's underbelly. Not to mention if Misaka can't defend herself against Accelerator, then how can she protect others?

It's something she needs to do alone (at least for now).

On top of that, involving Kuroko here, someone who is a member of Judgment, would ruin continuity for the rest of the series. To say it without spoilers, things would progress quite differently from how they actually do in the manga and in the Index novels/manga/anime. Remember, this is fairly early in the Toaru timeline still.

Since it would ruin continuity and also be OOC of Mikoto to get Kuroko to help her out in something so dangerous, horrifying and personal, it seems that the best that J.C. Staff can do to involve the other three main girls and give them screentime is filler like this. Thankfully it is good filler that helps develop the bond between Mikoto and the others (especially Kuroko). Just because Mikoto doesn't want to involve them and will avoid doing so doesn't mean she can't still receive support from them in various ways. The support Kuroko has for Mikoto isn't going by unnoticed, as we saw toward the end of this episode. :)
May 25, 2013 2:43 AM

Apr 2013
sheepling said:

HidoiSan said:

I think I already have an idea ;) thanks!!
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
May 25, 2013 4:56 AM

Aug 2011
Hm, was a fun episode. Sure I would have preferred it continued the story but at least it had its nice moments. Especially seeing Kuroko being worried was worth watching the episode.
May 25, 2013 5:10 AM

Jan 2013
The effects of turning a small amount of material into 24 episodes is becoming glaringly obvious. So much filler, comparable to a long running action shounen -_-. I also hate when shows take the view point of someone boring as shit or doing nothing while something interesting is going on.
May 25, 2013 7:39 AM
Aug 2012
This episode was kind of boring.. but! next episode we gonna see ITEM so i'm happy.
May 25, 2013 7:58 AM

Mar 2012
Brotwo said:
The effects of turning a small amount of material into 24 episodes is becoming glaringly obvious. So much filler, comparable to a long running action shounen -_-. I also hate when shows take the view point of someone boring as shit or doing nothing while something interesting is going on.

The issue is that they are adapting this into probably something like 14-18 episodes as JC Staff is adapting other material. In the manga, the arc is 22 chapters long (monthly chapters, mind you. Not weekly style 18 page chapters) and have only covered about 8 chapters so far.

At the same time, this filler was meant to show you another perspective to this arc. Like somebody said, the Railgun anime is NOT solely about Mikoto,
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
May 25, 2013 8:00 AM

Mar 2012
CreationBreaker said:
Brotwo said:

The issue is that they are adapting this into probably something like 14-18 episodes as JC Staff is adapting other material. In the manga, the arc is 22 chapters long (monthly chapters, mind you. Not weekly style 18 page chapters) and have only covered about 8 chapters so far.

At the same time, this filler was meant to show you another perspective to this arc. Like somebody said, the Railgun anime is NOT solely about Mikoto,
And since this arc was about Mikoto, the other girls was only get spotlight throught this.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 25, 2013 8:00 AM

Mar 2011
certainly could've used more action, but i didn't mind the filler-ish parts. the main story is mixed in enough that it didn't feel like your typical ignore-the-main-plot filler episode that we get from most anime.

misaka in a baseball cap wins points by itself, and i always welcome more appearances from serious-kuroko. shirai really pulled at the heartstrings this time.
May 25, 2013 8:06 AM

Mar 2012
stormofshadow said:
certainly could've used more action, but i didn't mind the filler-ish parts. the main story is mixed in enough that it didn't feel like your typical ignore-the-main-plot filler episode that we get from most anime.

misaka in a baseball cap wins points by itself, and i always welcome more appearances from serious-kuroko. shirai really pulled at the heartstrings this time.

Exactly this. There is good filler and there is bad filler. I would easily say that this episode fell into the category good filler.

May 25, 2013 8:46 AM

Feb 2008
Kind of a waste of an episode...
May 25, 2013 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Last week was one of the best Misaka episodes ever and this week was a solid Shirai episode. Just putting it out there: This definitely has the potential to be better than season 1.
May 25, 2013 9:05 AM

Jan 2013
The episode kinda felt like a filler.
Though maybe it's not all too bad to have an episode that would focus on Kuroko and her feelings, since she wouldn't get much screentime otherwise in this arc...
May 25, 2013 9:12 AM

Sep 2010
Naoki-Saten said:
The episode kinda felt like a filler.
Though maybe it's not all too bad to have an episode that would focus on Kuroko and her feelings, since she wouldn't get much screentime otherwise in this arc...

It felt like a filler cause it WAS a filler.
In the manga Misaka immediately goes to destroy facilities, and Kuroko with friends haven't any time to shine.
2e16nig.png
May 25, 2013 10:06 AM

Mar 2012
neontaster said:
Last week was one of the best Misaka episodes ever and this week was a solid Shirai episode. Just putting it out there: This definitely has the potential to be better than season 1.

I think it's well on its way to being better than season 1. Sometimes you need something on the light side to balance out the darker tones and this episode did that plus provided some nice Kuroko characterization in the process.
May 25, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2011
TravSavage said:
neontaster said:

I think it's well on its way to being better than season 1. Sometimes you need something on the light side to balance out the darker tones and this episode did that plus provided some nice Kuroko characterization in the process.

This was always the beauty of Railgun to me - it has a great balance of SOL and action/sci-fi/suspense plots. Season 1 did a great job of incorporating all the filler episodes into the plot by the end, and I hope they do the same here. I don't think it's had a weak episode so far.
May 25, 2013 10:32 AM

Nov 2009
Good Episode!!!

Misaka intends to destroy all the data and materials relating to the experiment and she does her best and even going beyond to try to achieve her objective. This is following the manga quite well and it was good to see Kuroko and the others together helping to find the four-leaf clover for that child. Seems like things will get more serious as Misaka will encounter a powerful enemy pretty soon.

Looking forward to seeing ITEM in the next episode!!

5/5

May 25, 2013 10:51 AM

Apr 2010
Poor Kuroko being lonely without Misaka to the point where she is willing to help someone else out with their friendship.
Well it made for a nice episode but seems she has a right to worry about Misaka from the looks of it that researcher seems to be planing something up ahead.
Hope it wont be to bad for Misaka.
May 25, 2013 11:10 AM

May 2012
This episode was kinda sad..I can relate to Kuroko's loneliness ;-;
But I can't wait to see ITEM next week! :D
May 25, 2013 1:42 PM

Jan 2009
Essentially, next week's episode will star Frenda?

It'd be nice if they gave us some extra info, like where Fremea is at this point and what not...but ah well.

Still hoping for anime original Accelerator + ITEM vs Misaka, Kuroko and Touma...

Never hoped for a deviating from source material this badly before.

Maybe Accelerator v ITEM v Misaka + Kuroko + Touma is more realistic...

Screw it, even just adding Kurorko would be nice...
May 25, 2013 2:00 PM

Aug 2009
Muslim_Otaku said:
Essentially, next week's episode will star Frenda?

It'd be nice if they gave us some extra info, like where Fremea is at this point and what not...but ah well.

Still hoping for anime original Accelerator + ITEM vs Misaka, Kuroko and Touma...

Never hoped for a deviating from source material this badly before.

Maybe Accelerator v ITEM v Misaka + Kuroko + Touma is more realistic...

Screw it, even just adding Kurorko would be nice...

JC would really need to mess with Accelerator's and Mugino's personalities to team them up.
May 25, 2013 2:22 PM

Nov 2010
Slow and warm episode the nice city panorama made it up
May 25, 2013 2:53 PM

Nov 2011
Ah a filler ep.

At least I like they expand on Kuroko's feeling. The anime when overboard with her lesbian tendencies sometimes which is annoying but I glad they actually extend her worries about Mikoto that is shown a bit in manga. I like the scene when she said about the butterfly, it kind of beautiful.

The other are meh especially the clover thing. Oh yeah terrorist Mikoto!

Damn Item show up next week, the pv are the other thing that is exciting in this ep lol
May 25, 2013 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
About the episode now,it really didnt need much of the filler.Kuroko's dev was probably good for someone that hasnt already seen Index's Sisters and Remnant arcs but compared to those, here it was really insignificant if not totally useless for someone that as already seen Index.

Saten's and Uiharu's "dev" was only in the end so all the other doggie stuff really wasnt needed.
Apperantly Saten does have a power......

Preview image in the spoiler

Damn no Rikou in the preview...:(
May 25, 2013 3:15 PM
Feb 2012
That was a nice breather episode and simultaneously set up some bigger events. Can't complain about something that solid.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 25, 2013 4:22 PM

Jul 2010
Little uneventful, but I didn't dislike it. It really showed us what is going on with Misaka and how the others dealt with it.

Looks like there'll be some opponents next episode. They don't look too friendly.

May 25, 2013 4:48 PM
Mar 2009
Oh my goddd i could not stop banging my head this episode. 10 % plot 90 % filler i rated this episode 1/5. For me saten is the hottest girl in railgun but come on! do i have to see her every episode... This week even kuroko joined on the nonsense. Hopefully next week the plot actually moves and it's not like half ITEM and the other half kuroko mom, kuroko, saten cousin , uiharu friend and even her grandmother having a picnic. Awesome job JC staff i would give this a 0 if i could.
May 25, 2013 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode
May 25, 2013 4:57 PM

Feb 2012
Slow but not-so-bad episode.
So the one's on the OP theme are appearing next week already... looking forward to them :D
May 25, 2013 5:11 PM

Oct 2011
While Misaka is dealing with the cloning facility. Kuroko and gang get their own personal time. Kuroko getting more development since we haven't' seen her in the past few episodes

Misaka destroying the facility like a boss and ITEM appears next week.
May 25, 2013 6:33 PM

Jan 2012
Saten-san is a DOG.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
May 25, 2013 8:39 PM

Mar 2012
By the way, those of you who watched Index Season 1 should remember this:

Yes, this episode and the next few episodes are what she is referring to.

May 25, 2013 9:06 PM

Oct 2012
I thought this was a pretty nice episode :) It showed the relationship between Misaka and Kuroko.

Next episode looks like it's gonna be intense :o Can't wait

May 25, 2013 11:02 PM

Jul 2008
This episode got a little sappy, but I really enjoyed it. I can tell other people don't, but I personally like how the anime is adding in a good dose of Kuroko and friends, and it is not just Misaka.
May 26, 2013 12:20 PM

Aug 2008
ooh Onee-sama in a ponytail~ *Kuroko mode on*
May 26, 2013 12:23 PM

Mar 2012
Bad episode. This show couldn't pull off SoL if its life depended on it.

The next episode looks exciting, though.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 26, 2013 4:18 PM

Nov 2011
Araby said:
This show couldn't pull off SoL if its life depended on it.

This could be the dumbest thing I've ever read on MAL. Just saying.
May 26, 2013 4:33 PM

Mar 2012
onee-sama~
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 26, 2013 10:32 PM

May 2011
Aww Kuroko :(. It was nice to see the other's perspective I guess. And I like Misaka's outfit for destroying those facilities, that hat and ponytail looks great.

New girls from the OP appearing next episode oh yeah!
May 27, 2013 2:13 AM

Oct 2011
That Misaka smirk at the end. Can't wait for next episode.
May 27, 2013 3:00 AM

Aug 2010
Character building is nice and needed, but this was a terrible time to break the main story. 2/5.
May 27, 2013 7:52 AM
Dec 2012
Good episode!
May 27, 2013 7:54 AM

Sep 2012
So with ITEM joining this anime, almost the whole Chuunibyou main cast are here....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 27, 2013 7:56 AM

Jun 2008
VictorVonDoom said:
I demand more Misaka in short shorts and a ponytail.

And that's exactly why the episode had more worth seeing than just the pv. ^_^
May 27, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2011
Wait what. That little boy is actually a girl? I must be blind.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.