Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 4, 2013 6:00 PM

Aug 2012
tingy said:
Kratos_Ortega said:

The scene with Prixis was anime original, not sure why they put it there, but most likely to foreshadow an upcoming event in the show. Looking forward to that one.

Yeah I'm actually not sure why either, but I think it might be to highlight the difference in mentality between the soldiers and the regular citizens who suffer, versus those that are privileged. And also to briefly introduce Pixis, since when he came out in the manga, I was just kind of like, who's this guy?

Awesome gif btw, that scene was so brutal.

They showed the scene with Pixis and the noble because not only did it serve to introduce Pixis into the story line, but to also show the difference in the lives of the people in the inner walls and the people living in the outer walls. For example, when they showed the fat noble drinking top class wine and eating deserts, it showed how carefree the noble life was because they don't have to worry about fighting titans and dieing as a result. In addition, when the noble asked Pixis to protect him and leave everyone to die, it showed how all nobles were self-absorbed and cowardly a**holes.
May 4, 2013 6:00 PM

Jul 2009
Takana_no_Hana said:
Jonny_Mhl said:

@BeyondDestiny i don't remember this ''noble'' scene either.

I believe it's original. But it's a nice added scene since it tells how nobles and citizens live differently.

Yeah was a nice scene, the noble really acted like a real noble.

FreakyTy said:
With how popular it is I wouldn't be surprised to see a second season at this point.

I'm rooting for it.
May 4, 2013 6:02 PM

Apr 2013
Mubashwer said:
Well Eren was swallowed ...so he still can manage to cut open the belly of the Titan and escape!
he lost a leg, an arm, and is about to get melted by some stomach's enzymes and acid.. good luck Eren.
May 4, 2013 6:03 PM

Oct 2010
Eren's arm should have hit Armin in the face.
May 4, 2013 6:03 PM

Feb 2011
Megaton said:

ranged slap? xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 4, 2013 6:04 PM

Jul 2008
Seriously the show this far has been almost all Eren, and then this shit happens. I really don't know if I'll be able to enjoy this anymore since every other character so far has been so fucking bland. I'll watch the next one and see if it can bring me to care in any way about Mikasa, but so far she really is the most uninteresting character in the show.

Oct 2008
WHAT

THE

FUCK

Aug 2012
Megaton said:
Turning tragedy into comedy, BRILLIANT!

And then make gifs out of it, teehee.
May 4, 2013 6:06 PM

Jan 2013
That was intense, god damn Eren, got eaten.
May 4, 2013 6:06 PM

Feb 2009
Eren promised to Mikasa that he won't die even if he get killed and went and got eaten by a titan.

I wonder hoe many dies before they noticed the titans weak point.

Is this anime trying to teach us not to rely on the MC? That it can work out without the story revolving around one character alone.

Oh that would be quite a feat if it can!
May 4, 2013 6:08 PM

Jan 2008
MaxCrazy7 said:
I wonder hoe many dies before they noticed the titans weak point.

I'm sure all the soldiers know you can kill the titles by cutting deep in the back of the neck, unless you were talking about something else.
May 4, 2013 6:09 PM

Aug 2011
People who haven't read the manga are going to suffer for a bit. :3

ASKDfjaksdf THEY DID EVERYTHING PERFECTLY. THIS ADAPTION IS PERFECT SO FAR. I'M ASLKDJFASKDFL. REALLY. THE BGM WAS EARGASMIC AS USUAL.

10000/5 they're doing justice to the manga, people who are still butthurt about lips and modifications to the art can just go sit in a corner.

The use of the 3D gearrrrr, and ouch, that landing. Had more of an impact on me in the anime than in the manga. DX
May 4, 2013 6:12 PM
Feb 2013
This episode :s

Since i haven't read manga or light novel i just had to go down and spoil it to myself :D
There should be no way for Eren to survive this, but since he is the main character, he kinda has to y'know.

I guessed what was going to happen when they went full on rampage mode on the Titans, but i didn't think it would go that far :D

So much mindfuck, for me at least. Cant wait for next weeks episode, i think the shit is about to get real :3

Hope i didn't spoil anything :s
May 4, 2013 6:15 PM

Feb 2009
Zeando said:

sorry, OT only calls more OT

about the resources, the lands inside the walls are pretty big, enouth to sustain the limited population they have into
and the inside aren't totally populated, only the big cities at the corners of the walls are where most people are in
but surely if they had their population grow more they would be forced to try to go outside to look for more resources, and risking to get eaten, or starve inside, pretty cruel a situation
anyway which kind of resources were you talking about precisely?

No, I don't think inside the walls would support them indefinitely. Continuously cultivating the soil will make it less fertile, and for making weapon they'll need metal and such. They would have to get out.
May 4, 2013 6:15 PM

Dec 2012
How many humans does it take to get to the center of a Titan? Well let's see a one... Ooo. Yeah one.
May 4, 2013 6:16 PM

Mar 2012
HOLY SHIT. IM SPEECHLESS.
Way, way too cool...loving the immense amount of shock value (not saying it's bad, either).
Does anyone know if this happened in the manga?
May 4, 2013 6:17 PM

May 2013
wow. the titans are scary as ****. there is no way that can happen to the mc already.
May 4, 2013 6:17 PM
Nov 2011
dont cave in guys.. dont read the black and white manga which has no soundtrack and no motion! it will KILL all your excitement for the anime. dont do this mistake
May 4, 2013 6:19 PM

Jan 2011
Holy SHIT! I knew this episode would be really intense but those last few minutes were fucking crazy! An abnormal ate Thomas and a few other soldiers. Eren's left leg was bitten off by a Titan as if it was a frog catching a fly. Everyone is dying, oh my god.

21:08 - Eren is so freaking BADASS! Then he gets eaten, like WTF! Armin screams so loudly and Mikasa turns around and the episode ends. I swear these cliffhangers are KILLING ME, having to wait for another week. It was great to see Eren calming Jean down. Oh man, Mikasa really cares for Eren and wants to fight by his side instead of being separated.

Looks like we'll see Mikasa's past and how Eren met Mikasa next episode. Man, I fucking love this series. Yet again the OST was amazing. Also, the scenes with Eren and co. flying on top of rooftops were animated so beautifully.
May 4, 2013 6:21 PM

Jul 2010
fuck man... I would accept that he's dead, but I keep on thinking about that scene where his dad seems to be injecting him with something.

Feb 2009
Tyrel said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
Is this anime trying to teach us not to rely on the MC? That it can work out without the story revolving around one character alone.

Lol.

Believe me I am laughing too, so far I've seen a story always depend on some hero. So people always wait for somebody to save their asses, like that shitty nobleman. If in the end the titans end up eating everyone that ending is valuable.

Dec 2007
Wait, what? Did they just kill off the main lead? lol

Mar 2012
HOLY.... this episode... just had so much bloody heart ache in it, I was like WTFWTFWTF they just got completely shit on just like that................ man <_< I need a drink
May 4, 2013 6:22 PM

Mar 2012
Holy hell. That was crazy. (Even though I already spoiled it for myself...)

The three-dimensional maneuvering is just amazing to watch.

Feb 2009
Paul said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
I wonder how many dies before they noticed the titans weak point.

I'm sure all the soldiers know you can kill the titles by cutting deep in the back of the neck, unless you were talking about something else.

I mean before the discover that behind the neck weak point.

Jan 2008
Mubashwer said:
deave112 said:
Mubashwer said:
Well Eren was swallowed ...so he still can manage to cut open the belly of the Titan and escape!

With ONE HAND?!

I DON'T THINK SO!

He's dead. Deal with it.

It is inconceivable for the MC to die this early. If this happened at a later stage it would have been believable. The anime would feel empty without Eren. Surely the mangaka would not have wanted this. I am sure he somehow manages to escape. He still has one hand so he CAN cut open his belly or maybe Mikasa will come to the rescue or sth... BUT DONT KILL HIM OFF LIKE THAT!

You need to watch Ga Rei Zero, the entire main cast dies in the first episode. We can't forget a certain magical girl anime either.
May 4, 2013 6:23 PM

Jan 2008
MaxCrazy7 said:
Paul said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

They were all taught that during training.
May 4, 2013 6:24 PM

Jan 2009
MEsoJD said:
fuck man... I would accept that he's dead, but I keep on thinking about that scene where his dad seems to be injecting him with something.

wow thats all
May 4, 2013 6:26 PM

Aug 2012
Paul said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
Paul said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
I think he means before the ancient humans found out.
May 4, 2013 6:27 PM

Feb 2011
MaxCrazy7 said:
Zeando said:

sorry, OT only calls more OT

about the resources, the lands inside the walls are pretty big, enouth to sustain the limited population they have into
and the inside aren't totally populated, only the big cities at the corners of the walls are where most people are in
but surely if they had their population grow more they would be forced to try to go outside to look for more resources, and risking to get eaten, or starve inside, pretty cruel a situation
anyway which kind of resources were you talking about precisely?

No, I don't think inside the walls would support them indefinitely. Continuously cultivating the soil will make it less fertile, and for making weapon they'll need metal and such. They would have to get out.

about cultivating there are rotation cultivations, they were made exactly to deal with the loss of soil fertility
and about metals they can just reforge them, unless they lose them in big quantities and can't get them back
i'm not sure to remember how do they get the gas for the 3d gear, but that may be one of the more limited resources

but anyway they can't go out to get resources unless they manage to have some protection from the titans swarming outside, and so far they had only scout units going outside, but on the long run yes, they may be forced at some point to go out regardless of their ability to conquer the lands or not

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 4, 2013 6:27 PM

Sep 2011
MEsoJD said:

So someone finally mentions that part? I'm surprised no one else mentioned that scene yet because of how sketchy it looked.
May 4, 2013 6:29 PM
Nov 2011
MEsoJD said:

yes.. maybe that's what makes Eren indigestible.. Just like we humans cannot digest cellulose of plants.. Maybe eren will come to the outside world thru that titan's behind...
May 4, 2013 6:29 PM

Feb 2009

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Titans, is in fact, Eotenas, or as I've recently taken to calling it, The Eotena Onslaught.
LunaMay 5, 2013 1:35 AM
May 4, 2013 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
Just noticed this. When the titan crashed against the wall and ate Thomas, shouldn't Thomas be dead? Thomas was between a Titan and a wall.
May 4, 2013 6:31 PM

Feb 2011
Mubashwer said:
dont cave in guys.. dont read the black and white manga which has no soundtrack and no motion! it will KILL all your excitement for the anime. dont do this mistake

lol i liked the "black and white manga which has no soundtrack and no motion" description xD
so that would make animes like motioned soundtracked colored mangas? :u xD

but i do agree, spoiling oneself to don't get spoilered isn't a very smart more... think of the other options!

May 4, 2013 6:32 PM

Mar 2012
Watching this series gives me shudders. Shingeki no Kyojin honestly doesn't care to blunt the emotional impact of everything it shows, and that's what makes it great. Also, wow the response number is already through the roof so soon after the release.
May 4, 2013 6:33 PM

Feb 2011
Paul said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
Paul said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

MaxCrazy likely did mean the guys who discovered that info for the first time, which only later got into the textbooks the characters studied during the training..

May 4, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2011
liv3urway said:
Just noticed this. When the titan crashed against the wall and ate Thomas, shouldn't Thomas be dead? Thomas was between a Titan and a wall.

Well... We can't really see what part of the Titans face is hit first, for all we know it could of been its forehead.
May 4, 2013 6:37 PM

Feb 2011
Mubashwer said:
MEsoJD said:

yes.. maybe that's what makes Eren indigestible.. Just like we humans cannot digest cellulose of plants.. Maybe eren will come to the outside world thru that titan's behind...

or he will become like cellulose of plants :u
he would just need to be more careful to don't lose limbs in case he will like to have a titan insides trip

May 4, 2013 6:43 PM
Apr 2011
OMG wait!!

Eren can't die, coz like isn't he the main character?! And he was pretty awesome like wtf, this episode was crazy and random but i still loved it
May 4, 2013 6:44 PM

Nov 2011
You get eaten! And you get eaten! Everyone get eaten!

That's armored Titan sure is hax. Wonder if it can even be cut with ease.

I'm sure the MC isn't dead yet.

May 4, 2013 6:46 PM

Sep 2011
KaiserNazrin said:
You get eaten! And you get eaten! Everyone get eaten!

That's armored Titan sure is hax. Wonder if it can even be cut with ease.

I'm sure the MC isn't dead yet.

That was the Colossal titan.
May 4, 2013 6:47 PM
Oct 2010
eren being a fucking badass. would follow him to the pits of hell
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 2011
about rewatch value, how many times have you guys watched this again already?
me 1 raw + 1 sub
given what happened at the end, all the interactions before get all an other meaning/flavour on a rewatch :3

Apr 2012
The score when up .01! It's happening again!
May 4, 2013 6:48 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was alright, but here's my thoughts near the end:

Well, Armin, I'm sorry to say this, but you can't expect to stand around like a pussy in the face of danger and not get... Are you fucking serious, Eren?! Gah, shounen MCs... always talk so big about defending everyone, only to get themselves killed for no good reason. Well, let's see what magical plot device they use to bring him back without a scratch.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

May 4, 2013 6:48 PM

Apr 2010
KingCez said:

Or into the pits of a Titan's stomach.
May 4, 2013 6:50 PM

Feb 2011
antonn said:
KingCez said:

Or into the pits of a Titan's stomach.

isn't it sort of the same? :u

May 4, 2013 6:50 PM

Feb 2009
Most of you don't want to believe Eren is dead. I mean Jesus must be jealous, when he died everyone thought he was dead and he is God's son for crying out loud. Even after he came back to life they still couldn't believe it!
May 4, 2013 6:52 PM

Jan 2009
MaxCrazy7 said:
Most of you don't want to believe Eren is dead. I mean Jesus must be jealous, when he died everyone thought he was dead and he is God's son for crying out loud. Even after he came back to life they still couldn't believe it!

Jesus is legit as any other fictional characters out there
Pages (31) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.