Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2008 1:55 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"The Lost Paradise"

- Hitomi and Merle successfully revive Van.
- Another vision. Looks funny seeing Hitomi sprint while everyone else walks & she can't gain any ground on them.
- I see some interesting similarities b/w this series and InuYasha. More specifically b/w Hitomi and Kagome. Both are magical girls who come from another world. Both women have special powers. Powerful ones. And both girls are the key to saving their respective cursed hero.
- Balgus taught Allen?
- Hitomi chooses Allen? Not really.
- Merle saves Van from the Cat girls. His fear took hold and they obviously could've finished him off at the given opportunity.
Jan 8, 2009 10:58 AM

Feb 2008
DonKangolJones said:
- Another vision. Looks funny seeing Hitomi sprint while everyone else walks & she can't gain any ground on them.
You never had a "running dream"?
Jan 11, 2009 6:10 AM

Aug 2008
maLakai said:
DonKangolJones said:
You never had a "running dream"?

Most of the time I'm falling. But yes, I have. And it still looks funny.
Apr 7, 2011 7:52 AM

Feb 2010
She is like going on different track than dead walkers...

DonKangolJones said:
- Hitomi chooses Allen? Not really.

Amano sempai, go!
Hitomi and Allen probaly as Millerna said, are not a fitting couple, but neither are Hitomi&Van...
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Aug 3, 2012 6:25 PM

Mar 2010
- Balgus taught Allen?

This was already known.

Slightly odd ep. but still good
Dec 21, 2012 11:56 AM

Jan 2009
Well, Merle have been useful in that episode! She twice saved Van!
It's true that Allen and Hitomi doesn't really fits together, even if I LOVE those 2 caracters. Looking foward a developpment between her and Van...
Apr 22, 2015 8:00 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching again)

This anime has gone to the cats.

Hitomi isn't even sure she's just worried about Van. Her crush on Allen has been obvious since episode 3.
Jun 3, 2015 11:40 PM

Aug 2010
What happened to her liking Amano senpai?
Jan 25, 2016 12:37 PM

Feb 2014
Well there obviously isn't any competition for Allen and Van between Hitomi, Merle, and Millerna...

More cat people come, I wonder if they know Merle.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2016 7:07 PM

Oct 2012
LOL @eglyntine's comment.
true.... Amano senpai has totally been forgotten
Apr 8, 2017 11:46 AM

Dec 2015
That conversation with the three main girls though

Bechdel-Test FAILED
Jan 23, 2018 7:10 PM

Feb 2013
More cat girls women! Their mechs have jet engines!
Mar 13, 2018 8:23 PM
Apr 2017
I've heard the second half of this series is very bloated due to a final episode count lower than originally expected. I think we're starting to see that.
Apr 21, 2018 12:36 PM

Nov 2016
Sadly the romance didn't do anything for me so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2019 2:26 PM

Oct 2012
Hitomi's advice lmao not the best, I must say.

Merle is sure about her feelings, and so is the princess. Hitomi is the only one who hasn't figure it out yet (I bet on Van lol poor Merle though).
Nov 14, 2020 5:01 PM

Feb 2012
Both Hitomi and Millerna are very useful in the series. Merle, too for being able wake up both Hitomi and Van.

Interesting to see Allen's backstory with Balgus.

The scene with Millerna and Hitomi...lmao Hitomi's radical solutions.

Falken has to be one step ahead of his bro and have 2 catgirls instead of just 1.
Fortress_MaximusNov 14, 2020 5:05 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 2, 2022 12:12 AM

May 2019
Hitomi crossing to the land of the dead (again). She's pretty fearless.

Well done Merle bringing Hitomi and Van back.

Dilandau has some major problems going on.

I thought Millerna going to Hitomi for that advice was so funny. Then Merle gets involved. There's a massive war going on but let's talk about our crushes.

And go Merle saving Van yet again.

Jul 27, 2023 10:52 PM

Jun 2021
SO....what the cat womans would do? waiting?
I think hitomi would be more attracted to van in the future because...u know...TWO GUYS TO CHOOSE IS BETTER THAN ONE, EH?, EH? 7u7
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Apr 6, 6:13 AM
Dec 2019
Van. Van-sama! Allen. Hitomi! Hitomi...Merle? Merle! MERLE! Van-sama! Hitomi. Lord Falken. Allen. Dryen? Dryden... Dryden? Van! Millernaaaaa! Millerna. Merle.

This show has always been insanely annoying about character names being substitutes for actual dialogue but I'm finally at my breaking point about it. Characters will literally just say each other's names back and forth for 45 seconds instead of saying any actual words. Merle (being voiced by Pikachu) basically cannot end a single interaction without saying Van's name at least twice like a literal Pokemon.

In actual episode discussion, Van taking damage while in Escaflowne seems insanely bad. It's not like that's balanced with it being exceptionally powerful or anything. It seems to only be good because the protagonist pilots it. The transformation is unique but doesn't offer anything particular since other Guymelefs can fly too. It has no ranged attacks and its not fast or durable. Why is it special other than the plot demands that it be?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

maLakai - Jan 12, 2009

118 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 8, 12:23 AM

» Remember when people thought this was one of the greatest anime ever?

Schlockendale - Jan 13, 2022

17 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 25 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 24 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

36 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 23 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 21, 2009

37 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.