Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2008 10:35 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Memories of a Feather"

Wow, this was a really good ep. A multitude of informative flashbacks occur in the 1st half. I wish I knew why & how Hitomi is having all these flashbacks & premonitions. But I'm sure that won't be explained until MUCH later in the series.

The 2nd half has an awesome mech battle b/w Escaflowne & Dilandau's squad of Guymelefs. Van does an admirable job, but has to be saved by Allen. Allen is injured and we're left to hope that Millerna can do a competent job in healing his wound.
Feb 22, 2010 1:51 PM
Apr 2009
Van is so useless, he is really starting to annoy me. Allen and Hitomi are helping him all the time. He can not do anything on his own.
May 2, 2010 7:19 PM
Feb 2009
Hopefully he'll get better soon :)
Jul 5, 2010 12:37 PM

May 2010
Have a little faith will ya. Van with become stronger. I know he with. I hope Allen is all right though. He can't die!! NOT NOW! I wonder if he knows how Hitomi feels about him. Oh, well I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
I am apart from everything and a part of everything.

Frozen Fire, Tim Bowler
Apr 5, 2011 9:48 AM

Feb 2010
Oh, Allen definitely knows about Hitomi. But he is such a knignt, a knight, alright <_< And yet, I get the feeling that this chevalier might be the one to have more than brotherly feelings towards his "sister" (which he said Hitomi reminds him of). Milerna's love seems to be rather unrequited at the moment (but rather fortunate for Allen as her medical knowledge)
Van may be useless agains the odds he is facing but a) he knows it and b) is determined to change it. And he actualy is facing those odds without angst (if not for his brother...). I think he is more usefull than average mecha pilot teen... you know what I mean ^^
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Dec 14, 2012 2:38 PM

Jan 2009
That's from far away the best episode until now!
Now we know a little bit more about Van and his past. His mother looks beautiful, I love their wings <3
My heart stopped when Allen's got hurt, but it looks like he'll heal since the preview spoiled it!
burbels said:

Van may be useless agains the odds he is facing but a) he knows it and b) is determined to change it. And he actualy is facing those odds without angst (if not for his brother...). I think he is more usefull than average mecha pilot teen... you know what I mean ^^

Well, I think he's slowly getting better, but you are completly right~
Feb 8, 2013 4:04 AM

Nov 2012
that ending was... strange. millerna in surgery scrubs was not how i was expecting this series to go but w/e.

the lake scene was so beautiful + i was extremely moved by van's father's death. i'm assuming (from the flashbacks) that van's mother is probably still alive. it'd be exciting for her to make a reappearance at a really pivotal moment.

oh and i hate allen so i really don't care if he survives this series but he probably will.
Feb 8, 2013 7:50 AM
Oct 2011
what about
samt2910 said:
that ending was... strange. millerna in surgery scrubs was not how i was expecting this series to go but w/e.

the lake scene was so beautiful + i was extremely moved by van's father's death. i'm assuming (from the flashbacks) that van's mother is probably still alive. it'd be exciting for her to make a reappearance at a really pivotal moment.

oh and i hate allen so i really don't care if he survives this series but he probably will.
are you watching the sub or the dub that MIGHT make a difference in how allen's character seems?
Feb 21, 2013 12:29 PM

Nov 2012
animalia said:
are you watching the sub or the dub that MIGHT make a difference in how allen's character seems?

i'm watching with subs + i don't think it's that they're not doing him justice it's just that his character in the earlier episodes is so condescending + annoying. i'm towards the end of the series now though + he's grown on me a little bit because he finally realised just how powerful hitomi is. he's still not doing it for me though tbh.
Apr 16, 2015 6:03 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching again)

I don't know if this was the first episode I ever saw, but it is the one I most distinctly remember seeing way back when it aired on Fox Kids. I remember seeing this river battle and Allen flying in to the rescue with that heroic music.
Jan 23, 2016 9:47 PM

Feb 2014
Good episode! There was some good mecha action, and the backstory had some good info as well.

Poor Allen D': I hope he gets better.

Alright the show is progressig well and it's not bad but I'm kinda annoyed at th efact that Hitomi really just seems like a passenger in this. They care about her but really the only work she's done is telling the future and seeing visions.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2017 2:27 PM
Jul 2014
neoalexys said:
Van is so useless, he is really starting to annoy me. Allen and Hitomi are helping him all the time. He can not do anything on his own.

The guy is being targeted by an entire country's army and he's fighting on his own, how exactly does that make him useless? The odds are stacked against him, of course he's going to need help.
Jan 9, 2018 4:23 PM

Feb 2013
Millerna demoted from princess to field medic.
May 7, 2019 3:55 PM

Oct 2012
I knew Millerna's medical skills would come in handy. You go girl!
Oct 7, 2020 12:40 PM

Feb 2012
What kind of injuries does Allen have? By the looks of Millerna's medical instruments, does have shrapnel in him?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 20, 2021 1:42 AM

May 2020
Hitomi could've totally gotten out of the way before anything happened. Also convenient that her powers didn't kick in when its actually needed.
Dec 28, 2021 3:04 PM

May 2019
I loved the backstory and the explanation on why they have wings.
Jul 24, 2023 9:59 PM

Jun 2021
Allen and Van fighting together!!!
i dunno if is only me but i think that this anime have a lot in common with lord of the rings, then i understand why is too entretaining for a high fantasy nerd like me
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

maLakai - Jan 12, 2009

118 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 8, 12:23 AM

» Remember when people thought this was one of the greatest anime ever?

Schlockendale - Jan 13, 2022

17 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 25 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 24 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

36 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 23 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 21, 2009

37 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.