Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 27, 2013 5:46 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread cleaned.
Removed all posts that were asking where to watch this episode, discussing the manga beyond the episode, and other off-topic posts.
Apr 27, 2013 6:47 AM

Mar 2013
Starting to enjoy the pacing after each episode.
Apr 27, 2013 7:18 AM

Mar 2012
So far loving the directing, chill, soundtrack etc. It enhances whatever a felt while reading the manga. Awesome shit. 5/5
Apr 27, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
5/5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable~!!! *_*
Bet that puts to rest the detractors of the series and makes the viewing experience more interesting, to see what spineless and perversion and wickedness Free Nakamura on him, as one more reason to follow him, without getting bored after watching for a long time the usual souls where the bad guys are always so sweetened; SAO docet! about the Great also the BGM and OP and ED! and not to spoil the pleasure in seeing the anime, I have not read the manga, so I please do not spoil! Ah! Then have that character design different from the usual designs and pretty moe, makes it even better in history, as the seabed!

Nakamura's smile makes my blood run cold and his eyes will sink fan utter anguish! Then the scene in the bathroom is epic win with regard to his madness!
Apr 27, 2013 8:21 AM

Oct 2012
I felt iffy when I began this series, with rotoscoping having been used for the animation, leading to realistic character designs. I thought that if the author wanted this, then he may as well have asked for a TV Drama. The story is still going smoothly, it's getting intense, and fast now.

I like it.
気になりますか?

Apr 27, 2013 9:34 AM

Jul 2012
MaxCrazy7 said:
Why is he still keeping those clothes? Burn them, trash them, cut them to ribbons and throw them away! Get rid of the evidence man!

also if she say something to the whole classroom nobody will belive her for how she acts on classroom ,how stupid can be this takao
Feer19Apr 27, 2013 9:46 AM
Apr 27, 2013 10:48 AM
Apr 2013
this is a great anime, dark and poetic, I love the realistic art work...at this point I actually have a hard time watching a series that is drawn in the cookie cutter anime style, huge eyes and cliche story line. I haven't watched any other anime that is even remotely as interesting, any suggestions?
Apr 27, 2013 2:35 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa the new Op song is sung by Nakamura. Man the OST in this episodes is giving me goosebumps. Saeki finally acknowledges Kasuga and then Nakamura creeps by. 0__0 She is crazy. I wonder if Saeki is also gonna go berserk on Kasuga and/or Nakamura?
Apr 27, 2013 2:38 PM

Oct 2009
Burn damn clothes for gods sake!! No one will belive to growler's words.
I was trying to defend this anime from all the hate, but I just can't...
Apr 27, 2013 3:37 PM

Aug 2009
Damn, it's so annoying when the male protagonist is shy (always leads to awkward conversations). But it was a big plus he was brave enough to ask Saeki out. Anyway, the show looks pretty nice this far.
Apr 27, 2013 4:53 PM

Jun 2012
I guess every episode will be slow-paced, but at least the series is interesting enough so that it doesn't feel that way while I'm watching it.

This series makes me feel so uneasy, but it's obvious why, so it fits, I guess.

Apr 27, 2013 5:18 PM

Oct 2009
Dat scream. Love it.
Apr 27, 2013 5:19 PM

Aug 2010
My favorite part of this ep

Someone is outside Kasuga's window throwing rocks, Kasuga cautiously peers out....DUN eerie music plays when he sees Nakamura.
Apr 27, 2013 7:57 PM

Apr 2009
New OP. Seems to be Sawa's version after Takao's version for the first 3 episodes.

Deciding to keep the stuff was an idiotic move in the first place. If he had gotten rid of it, he couldn't have been in the situation that he'll be in for next episode. He should watch out for something...

Oh man, loved it when Nanako broke the nasty mood in the room by greeting him. Took the entire rumor mongering class by surprise. Almost like giving everybody else the finger and saying "I'm the class idol, I do what I want", although that wasn't actually her intention.
Apr 27, 2013 8:31 PM
Jun 2010
Kasuga is such a twerp, but this show is hitting its stride and I am enjoying it.

(And thankfully the forums have cleared out a bit. Haters be gone!)
Apr 27, 2013 8:47 PM

Jul 2012
Nakamura, GURL, get your grip together!

Creepy show is creepy. 4/5
Apr 27, 2013 10:42 PM
Oct 2012
i am so happy to see that almost everyone who is writing here is actually enjoying the show
really wesome episode, the atmosphere is so good
Apr 27, 2013 11:37 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode. The animation improved from the last one. I like the new OP as well. That ED, however, never fails to creep me out.
Apr 27, 2013 11:40 PM

Aug 2007
Well, I'm really enjoying this anime, but unfortunately it's still going to have to get a low score from me because of the horrible rotoscoping. While I'm getting used to it, I still think it looks like shit. A shame, since everything else about this show so far is great.
Apr 28, 2013 1:06 AM

Apr 2013
Interesting how Nakamura is trying to unleash the deviant that isn't even there. Anyone else think Kasuga is a godamn wimp. I mean he can't really hit nakamura back or anything but he could be making his own scheme's. Really interested in where the rest of the episodes lead to. Haven't read the manga yet.
I Want To Inspire People. I Want Someone To Look Back And Say "Because Of You I Didn't Give Up."
Apr 28, 2013 1:24 AM

Jan 2013
I wonder why Kasuga doesn't just tell Nakamura to leave him alone. Why the hell does he listen to her? She's got nothing on him because who would believe her?
Apr 28, 2013 3:59 AM

Feb 2012
That OP.
Quite ironically, I hate Kasuga more than Nakamura. Nakamura is freaking crazy and that's fine, but Kasuga is just absolutely passive and pathetic, I can't feel sorry for him at all.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Apr 28, 2013 4:19 AM

Dec 2007
I cringed so hard my spine snapped
Apr 28, 2013 6:14 AM
Dec 2010
Gotta say, I wanted to drop this show after the first ep, but I'm glad I did. Yes, I still hate the animation, but I do like the improved overall flow of the show, and how much of a creeper Nakamura is. That said, Kasuga, grow a pair of balls you whiny, wimpy, weak, bästärd. Honestly, if he continues to get wimpier with each new episode like he has so far, I'm starting to hope he'll get the Makoto Itou treatment in the final episode.
Apr 28, 2013 6:33 AM
Dec 2010
If this show ends any other way than Nakamura and Kasuga doing a murder-suicide, I will be disappointed. Preferably Kasuga snaps from all the pressure and strangles Nakamura 'cause she is SATAN, then jumps off a bridge while wearing Saeki's gym clothes.

It's rare that I am driven to finish a show out of pure hatred, but this is one of those occasions.
Apr 28, 2013 8:00 AM

Mar 2013
That was great.
At first, I didn't like this anime at all but then I watched 2 ep and it changed.
The art makes this anime.
Apr 28, 2013 8:53 AM

Sep 2012
This is the funniest Horror anime i`ve ever watched.

This is better than One Piece crappy animation.
the rotoscoping animation of Aku no Hana is always the funniest to me.
Apr 28, 2013 9:43 AM

Sep 2010
Seriously ...freaked meh out !! (///o////) ???!!! with awesomeness fears.
Apr 28, 2013 9:48 AM

May 2012
brass2themax said:
Well, I'm really enjoying this anime, but unfortunately it's still going to have to get a low score from me because of the horrible rotoscoping. While I'm getting used to it, I still think it looks like shit. A shame, since everything else about this show so far is great.

Make this a rule in your life and things will be significantly better: Whats important its whats on the inside, the essence, not what something looks like superficially.
9988Apr 28, 2013 9:51 AM
Apr 28, 2013 10:24 AM

Aug 2012
I noticed people here keep mentioning it as a "horror"

I don't really see it that way at all.

*claps* This episode has really surprised me. +1 point it receives!

The tension the feelings&thoughts running through his head as she made him wear the clothes underneath his own right on his date! Although it didn't really show millions of thoughts going through his head I somehow was able to feel a connection to him in that moment. The confusion and trying to figure out her motives while also feeling the immense guilt swallow him whole. All from such a simple event that some people could easily shrug off and do it without much complaint. But his morals are clashing with his urges right now and it's quite entertaining to watch.

"Is she mad? Is she jealous?"

my personal thought : Is Nakamura making sure he doesn't take off his clothes on his date? Could she secretly be genius enough to intend that?
I'm starting to feel like she's a bit sadistic... although I should have felt that way about her from the beginning when she told him to write a report on his feelings. But I'm also sensing that she might actually care for the poor guy too
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Apr 28, 2013 10:38 AM

Jul 2012
This new opening song is so awesome!
Apr 28, 2013 10:46 AM
Dec 2012
It was OK story-wise. Actually it was so funny I kept laughing while watching their date scene. Nakamura is so mean. lol

I was distracted by the weird animation again. I'm not used to it yet though I already watched four episodes. I wonder what if they dropped half of the frames. When I watched the first episode, it felt like frame dropping. But now I came to realize the animation looked odd not due to frame dropping but due to too many movements. Other anime don't have so many movements, which is why they don't look strange. For instance in other anime, only lips of characters move when they stand and talking to others. But in Aku no Hana, not only their lips but also their other body parts such as necks move constantly, which is why the animation looks odd and annoying IMO. It's a bit like 60p video clips. Theoretically 60p should provide the more fluid movement than 30i, but paradoxically 60p video looks like stop & go to our eyes. This way I think the animation of Aku no Hana looks like stop & go or dropping frames lacking fruid movements. The animation might be improved if they dropped some frames, which would reduce strange/redundant movements. Or it would be improved if they didn't move so many details. Just my opinion.
Apr 28, 2013 11:08 AM

Jul 2012
I started to like the artstyle. Nakamura is great even in that kind of animation :)
Apr 28, 2013 1:06 PM

Jul 2009
I don't know what to think about Nakamura, maybe she likes Kasuga and is trying to make things hard between him and Saeki or maybe she just like to torture him and feel pleasure doing it...
Apr 28, 2013 1:28 PM

Nov 2008
Where are the gifs/pics for this episode?

I visit this subforum for the funny screenshots and edited images.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 28, 2013 1:51 PM

Oct 2008
Nakamura is so messed up.
I thought maybe her character had a hint of goodness hidden behind everything, but she really is rotten to the core.

Great that the writers were able to convey this sentiment so strongly.
Still one of the series I look forward to every week because I have no idea what's going to happen next!
Apr 28, 2013 2:27 PM

Aug 2009
Ghostony said:
I noticed people here keep mentioning it as a "horror"

I don't really see it that way at all.

What makes it similar to a horror show is its weird and creepy music and atmosphere, at times, and additionally it's got quite the bizarre effect on people thanks to Nakamura's weird actions. I think this makes people think it's classed as some kind of "horror show", 'cause all those elements are typical for horror shows.

According to me, it's not much of a horror show until someone gets killed or kidnapped, or blood is involved, which seem very unlikely to happen in this show.
Apr 28, 2013 7:48 PM
May 2012
I'll admit, this show took some getting used to. The animation is so jarring it took three tries just to watch ep 1. I'd start it and go, eh...and move onto something else.

That being said, I am really glad I gave it a chance. Having not read the manga I have no idea what is going to happen next, it could be a few different scenarios, it'll really depend on information we simply don't have yet...mainly, what exactly are Nakamura's feelings/intentions? On one hand I feel like she is trying to slowly seduce him, on the other it feels like she is trying to help him get closer to Saeki, and on some nuclear accident third hand she is just bat crap crazy and doing all this for kicks?!

I am eagerly anticipating the next episode, so far I give this series 8/10
Apr 28, 2013 7:55 PM

Feb 2013
This time Nakamura did the yell lol, looks like things are going a little better for Kasuga, also I like how Kasugas' Dad's answer for all of his strange behavior is puberty lol I laugh everytime.
[/url]
Apr 28, 2013 7:59 PM

May 2012
DenjaX said:
Where are the gifs/pics for this episode?

I visit this subforum for the funny screenshots and edited images.

The detractors and those that dislike this are still in shock and on rage due to Kyoanis FREE fujoshi anime, no time at the moment to bitch about Aku no hana, that and others probably have finally dropped it and tired of the bitching.

Another thing that gives away who were the majority that disliked this and why, this makes it even more evident. So tune in next week, at the moment all their rage goes to Kyonai and Free :) :)

On a side comment, I LOVE how more and more are finally being more open to Aku no Hana, and more objective as well, with a clear head, instead of your eyes alone doing the speaking.
9988Apr 28, 2013 8:03 PM
Apr 29, 2013 1:33 AM

Nov 2007
this has been bothering me since episode 2 but.... has it ever occurred to kasuga's mind that /no one/ in their class will probably listen to what nakamura has to say ( if she ever does rat him out ) anyway???? she's clearly an outcast so i highly doubt they'll even take her seriously esp when she's got no proof to back her up :T
Apr 29, 2013 2:25 AM

May 2012
Nakamura is so creepy. She's so fvcked up. But it's kasuga the dumbest of all. If he has the balls. Probably he just gonna fvck nakamura hard. But he dont...

so, here we go... the creepiest anime in this season
I've Killed my Brother
Just like what sasuke did
Apr 29, 2013 7:30 AM

Jan 2008
Man, this scene creeped me out a bit.

Apr 29, 2013 7:34 AM
Dec 2012
gryffinwhore said:
this has been bothering me since episode 2 but.... has it ever occurred to kasuga's mind that /no one/ in their class will probably listen to what nakamura has to say ( if she ever does rat him out ) anyway???? she's clearly an outcast so i highly doubt they'll even take her seriously esp when she's got no proof to back her up :T

Good point. Prolly they wouldn't believe her no matter what she said. But poor Kasuga, he seems so panicked and self-conscious he can't think of things from such a broader perspective.

Speaking of his mind, I think it would be interesting if the whole thing was a pack of his delusions. What if the threat from Nakamura was projection of his subconscious desire? What if he was subconsciously attracted to Nakamura? Some of great works leave key points to our imagination. e.g. _Turn of the Screw_ by Henry James Not sure if the anime is a great work though.
Apr 29, 2013 11:17 AM

Jul 2009
Whoa the new OP ... I like it? I mean it fits in so well ... but I probably wouldn't like it otherwise haha XD Seems like Nakamura's version of the OP to me as opposed to Kasuga's ... or well that's how I see it anyway :P
So Saeki likes that Kasuga stood up for her and they go on a date! :O Dun dun dun ... wow, Nakamura making him wear her clothes underneath though?! Oh god, that's so crazy D: Looks like she's really dark down to the core isn't she ... I just don't really "get" her I guess! She's a total sadist isn't she lol :S
It'll be interesting to see where this goes ... I wouldn't be surprised if he actually liked Nakamura deep down because they're so alike (though of course he'd reject this outright).
Apr 29, 2013 12:47 PM

Dec 2012
This show just keeps getting better and better, something big is going to happen next episode, can't wait!
Apr 29, 2013 2:02 PM

Oct 2012
Dear MC of Aku no Hana,

Stop being a weird little sh!7 who does weird sh!7. You somehow are on a date with the girl you like, and you are already ruining it.

Sincerely,
Concerned
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Apr 29, 2013 2:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This date won't end well. I get the feeling that Saeki is not being sincere either. Boy, am I glad I haven't read the manga. The suspense is killing me.

The voice acting is superb. Nakamura's voice actress is amazing.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 29, 2013 5:12 PM

Dec 2012
And the pointless plot continues...

So far this looks like a crappy Romance school Slice of Life.
Apr 29, 2013 6:31 PM

May 2012
Hederick said:
And the pointless plot continues...

So far this looks like a crappy Romance school Slice of Life.

The story is nothing to write home about, however its excels at the execution level which is what can make a world of difference, if not for the directors vision and its highly controversial changes it would definitely look like one more of those.

At the very least its plot and overall execution is not as pointless as chuu2byou, photokano, yuru yuri, Ai Mai Mii, OreShura, Senran Kagura, GJ-bu, Tamako Market, Kotoura-san... and so on, basically the countless generic harem, fanservice, ecchii, that keeps accumulating each season like a pile of trash.
9988Apr 29, 2013 6:37 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

253 by princesjelyfish »»
Apr 24, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

324 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.