Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2013 4:30 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tokyo Rule is another book of funny guide about the "odd practice of local people" and of course the representative is the brother this time.

Having lived in Tokyo for so long, I don't really see the things the brother did to be odd, particularly the train part. But on the other hand, I never just say "meat" but always state it clearly whether it is pork or beef or chicken, so there is a rule that I am not really that familiar.

The ED song sung by Kaede (Iguchi Yuuka) is just great, and good for a change too.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 25, 2013 4:41 AM

Sep 2012
Kaede, while in the bath, singing about wanting to be in the bath with oniichan is reason enough to love this episode!

Having lived in Tokyo too, I always love seeing the trains and stations. Took them every day and yet it was not a chore, I enjoyed them, loved the sounds, all the people...

Never had a problem with beef or pork though most people did mention pork or chicken more by name while gyuniku I don't remember using as much though gyunyuu yes strangely as if I might be drinking banyuu outside of a Mongolian restaurant LOL

This is episode 1 but does it mean there will be more? Looks like they meant to make a season about Tokyo. With 880 sales I guess it depends on whether the "City Rules" book sales improved. Perhaps we will see a Nagoya version, Hiroshima... they have written a whole bunch.
Aug 29, 2013 11:46 PM
Mar 2012
Nice to see the Tokyo side of things
Nov 14, 2013 1:53 AM

Jan 2011
Was Kyousuke fapping or something?

Besides that, it's good to see the Tokyo side of things rather than Osaka stuff like usual. Didnt really understood the train part though...
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Mar 9, 2014 1:13 AM

Jan 2011
Nice role reversal.
Aug 31, 2014 4:00 AM

Aug 2009
SkyTate said:

Besides that, it's good to see the Tokyo side of things rather than Osaka stuff like usual. Didnt really understood the train part though...

For the train, some places offer three type of train, namely Regular, Express, and Limited Express.

If you want to go to nearby stations, you would take the regular, which stops by most of the stations

If you want to travel to further destinations, you would then take the Express or Limited Express. Limited Express has the least amount of stops.

Basically you take the train depending on whether your destination is near or far, but of course even if your destination is far you can still take the Regular and enjoy the train ride :p

Anyway, great episode. Definitely potential for another season (2 min for 12 eps isn't too much anyway lol)
Sep 6, 2014 5:19 PM

Oct 2012
LOL, those tissues and ero-game :) Great episode, this one, I like they did reverse this time!

I wished those episodes were at least 10 minutes long.
Sep 8, 2014 7:19 PM

May 2012
Lol the roles reversed, pretty funny to see it from her standpoint this time!
Nov 15, 2014 9:27 AM

Jun 2011
Kaede best imouto.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 18, 2016 1:02 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
xD Awkward first few seconds of the episode.

Nice to see the busy life of Tokyo people.
Feb 14, 2017 12:44 PM

Nov 2013
This special episode was better than main tv-series.
Nov 2, 2019 7:12 AM
May 2016
Sadly Aussie beef miso soup isn't a thing here, although now I wish it was. Didn't realise Aussie beef was so cheap over in Japan. You can't go wrong with it though.

Also, what was that about taking baths with onii-chan?!
Mar 2, 2020 12:05 PM

Sep 2018
sirhcnil said:
SkyTate said:

For the train, some places offer three type of train, namely Regular, Express, and Limited Express.

If you want to go to nearby stations, you would take the regular, which stops by most of the stations

If you want to travel to further destinations, you would then take the Express or Limited Express. Limited Express has the least amount of stops.

Basically you take the train depending on whether your destination is near or far, but of course even if your destination is far you can still take the Regular and enjoy the train ride :p

Anyway, great episode. Definitely potential for another season (2 min for 12 eps isn't too much anyway lol)

Ah, thanks for the explanation, I was a bit confused about that part too, but I think it was the translation's fault. It was inconsistent with the terms which is what caused some confusion for me.
KristiwazhereMar 5, 2020 11:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.