Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2013 9:57 AM
Feb 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Full raw is finally out (in case anyone is curious): http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2286446379

Main events:
- Zero bites Yuuki and fully gains his memories.
- Yuuki passes out, so Zero leaves her with Aidou and joins the army.
- The battle between two sides (For vs. Against Kaname to be the next metal) begins.
- Yuuki gains consciousness and heads for battlefield with Aidou in tow. [A bit AidouxYuuki moments crack (seriously?)]
- Kaname & Zero fight alongside [WooHoo!]
- Kaname is about to get his heart out, a few drops of blood taint his face, Yuuki's screaming and then?...TBC obviously. =[]="

These are what I saw from raw however, what I feel about this chapter is completely a different matter. (LOL) Well, let's just say I'll wait until the full translation is out before I voice my thoughts out. Anyway, there's only one more chapter left to go guys! *dance in absolute delight and throwing confetti like crazy* I can't believe I've stick around with this manga for nearly 8 years and the ending is just around the corner! (The irony is that what I felt 8 years ago and what I feel now is also completely a different matter).

EDIT:
Here's the translation (NOT a direct Japanese-English translation!): http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/1026104.html

LalalandzzApr 23, 2013 2:37 PM
Apr 23, 2013 1:50 PM
Feb 2013
Zero is never going to get justice in this story. Everything horrible kaname did got swept under the rug. Yuuki clearly doesn't give a shit about Zero. Zero saves the day..proves himself as the vampire knight...lets Yuuki go..saves kaname's life. Watches the love of his life walk away the second time. We've seen this shit before Hino! Give us something different!
Apr 23, 2013 4:23 PM
Jan 2011
I haven't read it yet obviously since it hasn't been translated but I sense this is going to be a pretty melodramatic and horribly plotted out chapter. There's an actual battle??? Sounds like it was obligatory and of course there's no actual action shown, just silhouettes of generic npc-like characters. Everyone else is just strutting around like a badass, not actually doing anything. There's like 5 pages of that... and 2 can count as a spread.

It sounds like Kaname is really redeeming himself as a character in this chapter and it explains his whole purposed from the beginning that some fans fail to remember. Yuuki is literally all Kaname lives for. If it weren't for her, he'd have no desire to live.

I still think he's going to die though. And I swear Yuuki and Zero better not be together in the end. It's too disrespectful to Kaname. I hope Zero finds happiness and closure in the end, but yeah, not with Yuuki please. He deserves better anyway.
kapwnedApr 23, 2013 4:41 PM
Apr 23, 2013 8:08 PM

Jul 2010
Yuuki reacts too slow, I will keep reading this until the end.
Glad Zero bit her back ,wish he did the same thing to her , she did ( love Zero) oh god in my dreams.

Working together is cool.
Apr 23, 2013 8:36 PM
Dec 2012
Love Zero semi-brush off towards Yuuki. Zero proved yet again how good/worthy guy he is by choosing to support the one loves instead of trying to do everything for her =.= or instead of trying to force her into coming with him. Waiting to see Kaname go into the furnace and for Yuuki to turn human but who knows what the story will actually do =.=

VK lesson: Mass murder, scheme and screw up others lives as much as you want just say you did it for 'love' with puppy dog eyes and you'll be forgiven. While the good and supporting guys get to live in h*ll.

Great lesson there =.= but w/e just one more chapter to go and it'll be over.

ragingxApr 23, 2013 8:58 PM
Don't fall for a pretty face but for a good heart. Cherish the one whom you turn to when your heart is shattered to pieces. Love is earned not given as such should be rarely spoken of so as to not diminish it.
Fav ships:
Apr 23, 2013 9:10 PM

Dec 2008
So next chapter is the last one? IIRC at least.

I doubt Kaname's going to die, which just drives me mad because Zero deserves Yuuki more than he does ;___;
Apr 23, 2013 10:38 PM
Feb 2013
Here's the full translation: http://whitelilyscans.livejournal.com/6008.html

(I seriously have no idea what happen to the 'edit' function but it just keeps logging me out so I can't edit the first post. Sorry >_<")
Apr 24, 2013 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
So Kaname will die? Glad that Zero bite Yuuki. c:

Ahh, just one more chapter to go and this will be over. Cheers.
Apr 24, 2013 1:07 AM

Apr 2013
I always thinking about what kind of yuki feeling..

What kind of yuki feeling toward Zero? LOVE OR SYMPHATY.
and
What kind of yuki feeling toward Kaname? LOVE OR SYMPHATY.

and Why kaname always asked her, if okay if she live with him?
how about yuki smile,why kaname told her that she didn't smile for her heart. Does it means kaname know about yuki true feeling?

In my opinion it probably probably okay if Yuki will end up with Kaname instead Zero. Because from very begining Zero knew about yuki feeling toward kaname but he didn't know about yuki true feeling toward him.

If I look with classic ending. when two boys love one girl one of them must be sacrifice himself for the other sake.

I think it will be Zero.

He lost his family, lost Ichiiru, and then he lost someone that he loved.
Apr 24, 2013 3:28 AM

Dec 2012
I've been increasingly confusion doing the transition from first arc to second arc + losing some interest in Vampire Knight, although I know the clear situation now I still don't really understand Kaname's motivations for acting like he did during the transition from first arc to second arc.

Anyway, is Kaname really going to die? Seems like a tragedy to me. I'm all for Zero but this is just sad.

Yuuki clearly loves both Zero and Kaname, but she definitely loves Kaname a lot more from past crush + pure blood obligations.
Apr 24, 2013 4:17 AM

Mar 2009
chikuita0621 said:
Glad that Zero bite Yuuki. c:

Haha, me too, me too! But I am afraid about Kaname, I like him
(though on the beginning of manga I've almost hated him xD)
and I don't want him to dieeee! T^T

But I'm very curious about the ending.. Can't wait. *^*
Apr 24, 2013 4:18 AM

Nov 2007
Zero finally got his memory back? by getting Yuuki's blood. Kaname ran away again when Zero came to duel? him. Yuuki with Aidou.

So next ch. will be final?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 24, 2013 4:34 AM

Mar 2009
Yeah, it will be the end. ;c
Apr 24, 2013 7:22 AM

Dec 2008
tsubasalover said:
Zero finally got his memory back? by getting Yuuki's blood. Kaname ran away again when Zero came to duel? him. Yuuki with Aidou.

So next ch. will be final?

What? Zero wasn't going to duel Kaname. They were working together.
Apr 24, 2013 7:24 AM

Feb 2013
I loved this chapter! Especially the whole Zero getting his memories back and everyone working together to protect the academy ^.^

AND NOOOOO KANAMEEEEE :'c noooooooo T-T

I laughed when Yuuki just grabbed Aidou LOL

Apr 24, 2013 7:48 AM
Feb 2013
kapwned said:
It sounds like Kaname is really redeeming himself as a character in this chapter and it explains his whole purposed from the beginning that some fans fail to remember. Yuuki is literally all Kaname lives for. If it weren't for her, he'd have no desire to live.

Redeeming himself??? This is what I hate about this story. Kaname does nothing and is still hailed as some god.

kapwned said:
I still think he's going to die though. And I swear Yuuki and Zero better not be together in the end. It's too disrespectful to Kaname. I hope Zero finds happiness and closure in the end, but yeah, not with Yuuki please. He deserves better anyway.

Yes Zero deserves better but it won't be disrespectful to kaname if Zeki does happen. Maybe you forgot that kaname is the one who ripped Zero's family apart. He manipulated and used Zero all his life and then threw him away like a discarded tool. It will be tremendously disrespectful to Zero if Yume happens. But then again the mangaka is writing a yume fanfiction so I won't be surprised if that happens.

@Raging X
Cosign. The only moral coming from this story is "It's okay to hurt people for selfish reasons." Disgusting the way Zero is treated here. He gets crapped on all the f-king time and always does the right thing but never gets rewarded. Kaname on the other hand gets forgiven on the blink of an eye for all the crazy shit he pulled. I have no interest in reading the final chapter just to see Zero being the better man once again and letting Yuuki go. Don't need to see the kind of miserable ending he'll get.
Apr 24, 2013 7:59 AM

Jun 2009
Does anyone know when the final chapter comes out? Is it next month? I still think in terms of ships it could go either way but I think Yume is far more likely than Zeki. Unlike Zero, it seems that Kaname really needs Yuuki and it is only with her that he can find happiness. Zero might never get over her but he would still be happy just knowing that she is happy because that's how heroic and selfless he is. Actually it's a typical tale - the Knight who is in love with the Queen and protects her without ever expecting his love to be returned. The Queen doesn't usually leave the King except in rare cases (think Lancelot and Guinevere). I adore Zero so I really hope no matter what happens Hino gives him amazing scenes in the final chapter. He's the main reason I've read this manga so if he gets shafted at the last minute or dies in some pointless wayl...ASFJADKSJFKLASDJFAKSDJFKASJFLSDKJF! Reading this last chapter I also realized that even though in some ways it would be a mercy to let Kaname die so he can finally rest it if he dies it will still be terribly tragic because he had so little happiness in life. This is probably an unpopular opinion but if someone from the trio dies I'd like it to be Yuuki...
Apr 24, 2013 9:59 AM

Jun 2008
As I said before, I believe this will be Yume End. The story is not following "the one who deserves her the most", otherwise, obviously it would be Zero. The story is following this:

- Typical shoujo where in 90% of the times, the underdog NEVER gets the girl. No matter how perfect and sweet and kind he is, he always lets her go. Ive read 700 manga. I know what Im talking about and Im sick of it. I would like to see a change but the thing is, this time I dont really think that Yuuki deserves Zero. He deserves better, so I really prefer a Yume End.

- VK has been Twilight-ized for a long time. How come no one notices that Zero has became like Jacob (Im going to fight for her, not for you, but you better make her happy!) type. And Kaname has been Edward-ized "Im a depressed vampire and I want to die". That´s just so shitty, following trends so obviously.

- According to the fandom, Zero is more popular in China, Europe and America. Kaname is more popular in Japan. Before you please your international readers, you will surely want to please first the ones of your own country. Kaname wins.

For these three factors and for others I could address but Im too lazy, I believe that a Zeki ending would have no sense.

I just want Zero with someone who deserves him and loves him wholeheartedly with no hesitation or doubt. That´s all.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 24, 2013 11:32 AM
Aug 2012
Nooooo Kaname TT TT TT I ONLY READ BECAUSE OF YOU TT

I think kaname is dying..and yet some people can't leave him alone.

well I don't care let zeki happen or whatever but Hino don't kill Kaname!!!!

did he rip his heart or yet?! TT
Apr 24, 2013 4:14 PM

May 2010
sarroush said:

I doubt Kaname's going to die, which just drives me mad because Zero deserves Yuuki more than he does ;___;

yeah, I agree. ; A ;

Next month is last chapter. And it will probably suck.
I read VK for Zero x Yuuki and then my hopes and dreams where crushed when

-.-

Hope the last chapter will be epic at least. ; A ;
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 24, 2013 4:54 PM

Jun 2009
What....
The only thing i want to know is what Aidou didn't want Yuuki to know....
Apr 24, 2013 7:27 PM

Sep 2011
Orulyon said:
As I said before, I believe this will be Yume End. The story is not following "the one who deserves her the most", otherwise, obviously it would be Zero. The story is following this:

- Typical shoujo where in 90% of the times, the underdog NEVER gets the girl. No matter how perfect and sweet and kind he is, he always lets her go. Ive read 700 manga. I know what Im talking about and Im sick of it. I would like to see a change but the thing is, this time I dont really think that Yuuki deserves Zero. He deserves better, so I really prefer a Yume End.

- VK has been Twilight-ized for a long time. How come no one notices that Zero has became like Jacob (Im going to fight for her, not for you, but you better make her happy!) type. And Kaname has been Edward-ized "Im a depressed vampire and I want to die". That´s just so shitty, following trends so obviously.

- According to the fandom, Zero is more popular in China, Europe and America. Kaname is more popular in Japan. Before you please your international readers, you will surely want to please first the ones of your own country. Kaname wins.

For these three factors and for others I could address but Im too lazy, I believe that a Zeki ending would have no sense.

I just want Zero with someone who deserves him and loves him wholeheartedly with no hesitation or doubt. That´s all.

Yes I agree about everything you said about Zero and the way that the better guy does not win in most mangas, frusterating but true and I also want someone better for Zero than Yuuki.

if this chapter had come sooner and it hadn't been so drawn out in the second middle half this manga would have been a LOT stronger.

But after all the water under the bridge it's sort of too late to really make an ending that will satisfy most fans....

I liked seeing all the old night school since those were a really good bunch of characters.

It was a pretty good chapter, unfortunately, it still flip flopped about with the two guys and no resolution. I also think Kaname and her will be together in the end, even though I 'm a Zero fan.

At least Zero and Kaname were both acting heroically and I really liked seeing Aidou.

I think it meant Aidou has crush on Yuuki too which I thought back when he was tutoring her...
Apr 24, 2013 8:09 PM

Jun 2009
At least Zero and Kaname were both acting heroically and I really liked seeing Aidou.

I think it meant Aidou has crush on Yuuki too which I thought back when he was tutoring her...

That's what think too. LOL or it could be that he didn't want Yuuki to know how much he was in love with Kaname ;)

It's interesting reading the thoughts on who is more deserving, Zero or Kaname. Personally I agree that Zero is far more deserving, and it isn't really a surprise at all that he is the knight. Besides the love triangle and main story plots Zero's growth as a character has been a big part of the manga. Kaname hasn't grown as a character at all, he is stagnant which is why even though he loves Yuuki he has given up on life. That's why if he dies it will be plain tragic rather than heroic. It would be heroic if he told Yuuki that he needed to die because he had lived his life and already had his share of happiness (however small that might be) and now needed to do something for the greater good, to make the world a better place for the people he cared about. However, he isn't making this sacrifice just for those heroic reasons, he's also doing it because he's tired of life and just wants to give up, he doesn't have any fight left in him. Kaname is a cold, calculating character who for the most part has lived a sad, bitter lonely life. Out of all the characters in VK I pity him the most, but at the same time it's all these traits that make him interesting as a character. Good character development would show Kaname finally realizing he has much more to live for than just Yuuki, and that even without her life is worth living. Kaname thinks is alone (besides Yuuki) because he is a pureblood - this does set himself apart from the others but he doesn't let other people break down that wall. There are a ton of people in the night class who care about Kaname and Yuuki as people not just as purebloods and he doesn't appreciate that. I would really like for Kaname to realize that he has other people by his side, not just Yuuki. If Kaname and Yuuki both live and end up together and Kaname appears to be more kind/gentle/changed/happier I don't believe it will be genuine character growth, it would merely be superficial because Yuuki would still be Kaname's crutch and if he lost her that more human side of Kaname would be lost. This is pretty much why I don't like Kaname and Yuuki together - on a visual level they look hot together and they have a romantic 'I need you' dynamic to them but it isn't a healthy relationship. They don't bring each other true happiness which is the other reason why Yuuki doesn't smile from her heart when she's with Kaname.
Apr 24, 2013 8:28 PM
Jan 2011
Randomxxxx said:
kapwned said:

Redeeming himself??? This is what I hate about this story. Kaname does nothing and is still hailed as some god.

kapwned said:

Yes Zero deserves better but it won't be disrespectful to kaname if Zeki does happen. Maybe you forgot that kaname is the one who ripped Zero's family apart. He manipulated and used Zero all his life and then threw him away like a discarded tool.

Redeem wouldn't be something a 'godly' character as you put it would have to do. He's been doing some seemingly heartless crap throughout this arc (though it was revealed he was kinda bluffing). He is TRYING to do what he thinks is best for everyone and for Yuuki. So yes, there is an attempt for redemption.
Apr 25, 2013 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm, I don't know what to make of the last page. Yuuki's arrival in the last moment could be foreshadowing that Kaname will end up being saved, but the blood in the last panel that he appeared in is worrying me. It could either be blood sputtering from his body as he yanked out his heart, or just there for effect to add to the mystery of his fate. We'll find out next chapter.

I'm glad Zero let go of his hatred and decided to follow what he thought was right. I personally think Hino should've taken a page from FMA and ended both Zero's bitterness and love-triangle before the last quarter of the manga.

*Spoilers for FMA manga*

After the Shizuka arc, I felt that Zero was just a foil for the love-triangle: just the other guy that Yuuki ran to for comfort whenever she had a dispute with Kaname. Yeah, he's a teenager, and not all teenagers deal with their problems maturely, but I always felt Hino wasted a lot of potential that his character had.

Everyone fighting for the academy could mean that, if the end was a happy one, everyone will go back to class with the humans and vampires co-exixting with one another. Putting romance aside, I hope both Kaname and Zero fans will end up being satisfied with their fates.
removed-userApr 25, 2013 3:06 AM
Apr 25, 2013 6:58 AM

Jul 2009
I don't think Kaname will die, Yuuki and Kaname shippers will have their happy end, and I am happy, Zero deserve someone better than Yuuki.
Apr 25, 2013 11:31 AM

Sep 2008
I have feeling that sex scene was fanservice for Yume fans,
(although it is difficult to call this "fanservice",
because one panel dedicated to their sex scene,
any nice panel of this, even this one page isn't good as for Hino,
she can make good pictures and this scene...
looks like she don't spend too much time making this one panel
)
and ending will be Zeki.

This is just like with these other shoujo where:
- rival get heroine's first kiss, but she end up with other guy
- rival heroine first boyfriend, but they break up and she end up with other guy
- rival is heroine first love, but she end up with other guy
- rival confess his love as first, but heroine end up with other guy

Also I always thought that Yume ending happen,
then second part of story will be pointless...
Zero continued will be poinless...
First part of story was poinless.
Most of Zeki scenes will be poinless.
Apr 26, 2013 6:59 PM
Feb 2013
LittleStar said:

Also I always thought that Yume ending happen,
then second part of story will be pointless...
Zero continued will be poinless...
First part of story was poinless.
Most of Zeki scenes will be poinless.

I agree with on this but lately everything in vampire knight seems to be pointless.
I was not surprised with this chapter. Hino destroyed Kaname and Yuuki's character in chapter89 and I knew she would destroy Zero's character sooner or later. Zero has become the Kuran's lapdog. How the fuck can you forgive someone who ruined your life? Zero threw his self-respect and conscience out the window. Forget about yourself, but your parents? Your brother? Hino has been feeding us bullshit.
Apr 26, 2013 8:55 PM

Jan 2013
Randomxxxx said:

Zero has become the Kuran's lapdog. How the fuck can you forgive someone who ruined your life? Zero threw his self-respect and conscience out the window. Forget about yourself, but your parents? Your brother? Hino has been feeding us bullshit.
Thank You Thank You, It's nice to know I'm not alone!! One more chapter and I can review this, Can NOT wait... Hino, How is the belligerent f**k ? Its like she doesn't even care, or she thinks her readers all have some sort of amnesia .. are you serious here? Nope nope I'm not gonna rant, I'll save it for the one rating!!
Apr 27, 2013 3:57 AM
Jan 2013
Noooo Kaname !!!! Don't die !!! T T
Why does he have to die ? Yuki you better stop him otherwise I'll hate you for life !!
Isaya can take Kaname's place as the parent metal right ?
Ms Hino has always been inclined towards Kaname (I know the Zero fans agree lol according to them Zero is the one who has suffered more than enough ) so there is some hope that Kaname may survive .
Moving on to Aidou senpai , he is too precious (lol) I want to pat him on the head for being so adorable throughout the story : ' )
Good for Zero for being sensible (lol) and finally facing the truth (his feelings for Yuki) . I am glad that he took the right decisions and supported Kaname .
This chapter got me thinking that if Kaname dies ( i hope not ) then Yuuki and Aidou make a good pair lol . ZeroxYuki is over in my mind .
I can't wait for the last chapter \(^o^)/
Apr 27, 2013 5:04 AM

Sep 2012
Takashi981 said:
What....
The only thing i want to know is what Aidou didn't want Yuuki to know....

Me too. Give us at least this hino

We can all be done with arguing about Yume and Zeki next month, YES THANK FCK

ON KANAME:

Please, even if you stan Kaname can some of you please not ignore the fact that he personally crushed the living daylights out of a heap of noble-class vampires at the end of the first arc. Just because he seems kind and everything doesn't mean we as an audience shouldn't expect punishment for that act of MASS PREMEDITATED MURDER. Kaname has made some psychotic decisions. There's no argument that he is merely 'misunderstood' and an 'anti-hero, can't you see that. obviously all anti-heros are in fact good people deep inside. ' Because that just sounds so ridiculous.

He's messed up. It's not his fault, which is why I still like him.

In real life, there's rehabilitation for messed up people. I don't believe he needs to DIE in order to atone but he can't be set free to do what the fck he wants. He needs to be checked. Obviously he still wants all purebloods dead, and is willing to rip his own heart out for that to happen. He still doesn't get it. Kaname must be completely FOR co-existence slash no more killing for Yume to happen.

Please no Zeki if Kaname dies. Poor Zero, a Yuuki who is also in love with a ghost in that situation would be no prize. Although personally I expect Kaname to die, and there to be an implied Zeki ending. Super lame

TBH I expect to be extremely disappointed no matter what happens... one more chapter is not enough to set things right, let alone another volume.
Apr 27, 2013 5:23 AM

Apr 2011
sigh ^ I totally agree with you..
One chapter isn't enough to set things right..

I'm hoping for Zeki ending but

I have a feeling it will be a lame ending :|
Apr 27, 2013 5:37 AM

Sep 2008
No matter who will end up with who,
manga is ruined and no ending can change it.
Apr 27, 2013 12:08 PM

Sep 2011
LittleStar said:
No matter who will end up with who,
manga is ruined and no ending can change it.
the truth, at least this piece of shit is finally ending before it gets worse. This manga almost felt like a parody of the shoujo genre except the writer didnt get the memo that parodies arent serious and we got this mess as a result

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 28, 2013 3:14 AM
Jan 2013
Zero is the Vampire Knight of the story, since of his kind and pure heart. He got treated by crap by the characters of this story, lost his family and even lets go of the one person he desired the most.

Im not really bashing on Yume because that couple is valid and is probably the couple that will finish for the last chapter and I lost all respect for Yuki after that sex scene or bed scene whatever that was. Yume is like Haruka and Juri and Kaien is like Zero (although I dont want Zero to end up with the "weird and uncool" Kaein the mother) Just like Kaien, Zero will end up with no one and Zero in the end is probably going to be the leader of the hunters.

The only fact that Im sad about is the Kiryu family isnt going to have another generation D''': No more Kiryu :<<< asdfghjkl SPAZ Zero is the last Kiryu.

Although Yume won the ship.. yeah you can have the vampire Yuki... Zeki= I was all in for Yuki the human(idc if she doesnt exist anymore, shes still alive in Zeros memories ok.) I just wanna reminisce the human Yuki and Zero back in the academy as disciplinary committee. Those were the days when vampire knight wasnt as crappy as it was now.

Well looking forward for the last chapter.. The last chapter of seeing Zero. Hes the only reason why I've put up with this series for so long till the end. Zero will be happy at the end. he will. he will. he will.
Apr 28, 2013 10:13 AM

Sep 2011
00kiryu00 said:
Zero is the Vampire Knight of the story, since of his kind and pure heart. He got treated by crap by the characters of this story, lost his family and even lets go of the one person he desired the most.

Im not really bashing on Yume because that couple is valid and is probably the couple that will finish for the last chapter and I lost all respect for Yuki after that sex scene or bed scene whatever that was. Yume is like Haruka and Juri and Kaien is like Zero (although I dont want Zero to end up with the "weird and uncool" Kaein the mother) Just like Kaien, Zero will end up with no one and Zero in the end is probably going to be the leader of the hunters.

The only fact that Im sad about is the Kiryu family isnt going to have another generation D''': No more Kiryu :<<< asdfghjkl SPAZ Zero is the last Kiryu.

Although Yume won the ship.. yeah you can have the vampire Yuki... Zeki= I was all in for Yuki the human(idc if she doesnt exist anymore, shes still alive in Zeros memories ok.) I just wanna reminisce the human Yuki and Zero back in the academy as disciplinary committee. Those were the days when vampire knight wasnt as crappy as it was now.

Well looking forward for the last chapter.. The last chapter of seeing Zero. Hes the only reason why I've put up with this series for so long till the end. Zero will be happy at the end. he will. he will. he will.

Very well said.
But if Zero survives he might find a girl who actually appreciates him and make more little Kiryu's I hope :)) But that would be a different manga.
I also preferred this manga back in the disciplinary club days and liked the human Yuuki but can't stand the vampire Yuuki.
Apr 28, 2013 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
So much negative energy here.XD
I'm a little disappointed about Hino-sensei trolling us with all these mysteries and fan service. She might solve some of the mysteries but I'm pretty sure the ending would be rushed nonetheless. About the fan service,she wanted to please the zeki shippers but she failed and ruined Yuuki.
I still like Yuuki alot actually.Kaname needs her more than the air he's breathing and Yume never disappointed me. But Zero,poor Zero deserves better than this.
Anyways,even though I'm a little disappointed about the stuff I mentioned,with this chapter and the preview of the final chapter which is kinda optimistic,I see a spark of hope for Kaname. I just don't want him to die. He can not end his life believing he doesn't deserve happiness! Baka Kaname!! baka baka baka! I still love him though.T_T
2rsaApr 28, 2013 1:53 PM
Apr 28, 2013 2:02 PM

Sep 2008
This is Hino-san manga so she can make what she want,
but she shouldn't be suprised if people outside Japan,
will stop buying manga and other goodies with VK.

I actually had the intention buy manga,
but now I happy that I don't started xD
Apr 28, 2013 2:53 PM

Mar 2013
LittleStar said:
This is Hino-san manga so she can make what she want,
but she shouldn't be suprised if people outside Japan,
will stop buying manga and other goodies with VK.

I actually had the intention buy manga,
but now I happy that I don't started xD

Haha,I wish I could buy them all but there are no such things where I come from. T_T
Hino-sensei can not please both sides.She thought she could but her plan backfired.I feel a little sorry for her cause she is very talented. XD
Apr 28, 2013 10:17 PM
Jul 2018
2rsa said:
Haha,I wish I could buy them all but there are no such things where I come from. T_T
Hino-sensei can not please both sides.She thought she could but her plan backfired.I feel a little sorry for her cause she is very talented. XD

In the first half before Yuuki regained her memories it wasn't clear who she'll end up with. She liked Kaname, Kaname seemed to reciprocate, and Zero just watched them silently from a distance. Back then it wasn't clear what Kaname's true intentions were, so there was the possibility that he would turn out to be the main villain and Yuuki gets over him and starts noticing Zero.

However, after Yuuki regained her memories, Kaname and she shared their first kiss, Yuuki decided to leave with him, started living with him and the main villain turned out to be someone else who Kaname opposes, it was clear that the manga was going the Kaname/Yuuki route. This what Hino had planned from the begining, even before the first chapter of VK was published. I doubt it would've changed her mind how popular Zero or Zeki was outside Japan.

The problem, putting Yume vs. Zeki aside, is that after the Shizuka arc and the manga obviously going the Kaname/Yuuki route, Zero was relegated to just a foil for the love triangle like I have mentioned in my earlier post. IMO, if Hino had ended the love-triangle and Zero's hatred much earlier, then Zero would've considered better options for his life, and maybe had a chance at romance with another girl. Manga that had characters with similar issues to Zero like Fullmetal Alchemist and Ayashi no Ceres did that and the plot and character development ended up being much more satisfactory.

Anyway, both the Yume and Zeki fans seem to agree that the plot is a mess and there's little chance that the ending will save it, so let's just hope that our favorite characters will survive.
removed-userApr 28, 2013 10:22 PM
Apr 29, 2013 5:31 AM
Jan 2013
Raven_Shinobi said:

Anyway, both the Yume and Zeki fans seem to agree that the plot is a mess and there's little chance that the ending will save it, so let's just hope that our favorite characters will survive.

Ms. Hino should just let everyone survive and disappoint no one since the plot is definitely rushed and killing Kaname now will enrage both Zero and Kaname fans unless Zero leaves Yuki alone (lol) forever . Moreover if Yuki moves on to Zero after Kaname's death that will make her the most hated protagonist in history .
Apr 29, 2013 8:54 AM

Mar 2013
Raven_Shinobi said:

I'm not sure.I rather wait and see.
For me the excessive use of mysteries and fan service was disappointing.I still like the plot though.
Apr 29, 2013 9:01 AM
Feb 2013
Eridanus10 said:

Ms. Hino should just let everyone survive and disappoint no one since the plot is definitely rushed and killing Kaname now will enrage both Zero and Kaname fans unless Zero leaves Yuki alone (lol) forever . Moreover if Yuki moves on to Zero after Kaname's death that will make her the most hated protagonist in history .

I don't understand why people think this way. Just because Kaname loves Yuuki doesn't mean she can't move on after his death. Killing Kaname now is the best option for the manga(but don't worry that won't happen because Matsuri Hino is writing solely to please the fans). What will make Yuuki the most hated protagonist in history(if she hasn't become one already) is if she continues to be with the man who toyed with her friend's life. I am not a shipper or a fan of any of the characters anymore. Hino destroyed everything for me in chapter89 but Zeki is the only good thing that can happen in the manga at this point. It will bring together the theme of coexistence and give a positive message. Zero despite being an idiot and the Kurans' lapdog has frankly never done anything immoral. He is trying to save Kaname and if Yuuki ends up with Zero that won't make her a bad person. Making a yume ending will demolish all the character and plot development and will make the creation of the second arc redundant. But at the end of the day I know Hino will make this a yume end(it's obvious she's selling out to please the fans and killing her story in the process) and the story will suck regardless of the ending(though it will suck a little less if the ending is Zeki).
Apr 29, 2013 9:16 AM

Mar 2013
Randomxxxx said:
I don't understand why people think this way. Just because Kaname loves Yuuki doesn't mean she can't move on after his death. Killing Kaname now is the best option for the manga

You are just thinking about Zero. We can not ignore Yuuki's feelings. As the heroine of the story she swore to save Kaname (Such a selfish heroine XD). What if she wouldn't succeed? I know many zekis hate her now but we still can't ignore her feelings.
Kaname can't live without Yuuki but want's to die cause he belives he wouldn't be able to bring her hapiness.
Zero finally decided to be true to his feeling and now puts Yuuki's hapiness before his.(I'm so proud *sob*).
Yuuki???? Personally I have no idea. I don't know what is in her mind. I just know that as the heroine of the story it would be very weird if she fails. O_O
Other than that the preview of next chapter was kinda promising. I always believed Kaname is going to die but now I have hope.
I don't want anyone to die. *sob*
oh,and the rest of your comment is just Zeki bitterness which is disrespectful to Yume fans.^__~
2rsaApr 29, 2013 9:33 AM
Apr 29, 2013 9:18 AM

Sep 2008
I think Yuuki want have cake and eat cake.
Apr 29, 2013 9:34 AM

Mar 2013
LittleStar said:
I think Yuuki want have cake and eat cake.

Haha,Agreed! XD
Apr 29, 2013 9:57 AM
Feb 2013
2rsa said:
Randomxxxx said:
I don't understand why people think this way. Just because Kaname loves Yuuki doesn't mean she can't move on after his death. Killing Kaname now is the best option for the manga

You are just thinking about Zero. We can not ignore Yuuki's feelings. As the heroine of the story she swore to save Kaname (Such a selfish heroine XD). What if she wouldn't succeed? I know many zekis hate her now but we still can't ignore her feelings.
Kaname can't live without Yuuki but want's to die cause he belives he wouldn't be able to bring her hapiness.
Zero finally decided to be true to his feeling and now puts Yuuki's hapiness before his.(I'm so proud *sob*).
Yuuki???? Personally I have no idea. I don't know what is in her mind. I just know that as the heroine of the story it would be very weird if she fails. O_O
Other than that the preview of next chapter was kinda promising. I always believed Kaname is going to die but now I have hope.
I don't want anyone to die. *sob*
oh,and the rest of your comment is just Zeki bitterness which is disrespectful to Yume fans.^__~

You my dear did not understand my post. I don't give a crap about Zero. Hino destroyed him last chapter when he forgave the man who killed his family for a stupid girl. That is a new low even for Hino. I don't she understands the pain of being of an orphan. You are seeing things only from yume POV. Zero has always thought about Yuuki's happiness that's why he is always getting crapped on. Yuuki has to save Kaname. There is a difference between saving someone and running into his arms despite his shitty actions. Yuuki is doing the latter. "The rest of ur comment full of Zeki bitterness"- you are a yume shipper and you read something you disliked(in my post I said Zeki is preferable), that does not mean I disrespected yume shippers. You are free to have your yume biased opinion. Pardon me for trying to make this story something other than the retarded love triangle it is. The theme of coexistence seems to have been forgotten. So has Kaname's innumerable crimes. I don't hate Kaname. I hate Hino's bad writing. Kaname had potential as a kickass anti-villain but Hino keeps trying shove all his crimes under the rug.I cannot sympathize with a man who destroyed a family. Chapter89 was an instant giveaway that Hino was selling out. The entire story went downhill from there and the narrative made no fucking sense. Don't mistake me for a Zeki shipper. Zero is worth more than Yuuki, but he is a doormat. Zeki will be good as an ending because it represents coexistence. But it would be better for Zero(not for the plot) if he finds a better girl. Don't take this as disrespect, I don't have a problem with yume shippers or anything. I am just saying what is best for the story.
Apr 29, 2013 10:24 AM

Mar 2013
^
I ship Yume,but love all characters and my opinion wasn't based on Yume ship,but based on the current flow of the story.That's why I described each character in a different line. XD
Well sorry but by saying Zeki ending would make Yuuki a good person you are disrespecting the other ship.I know it's your opinion but I wish you would pay more attention to the flow of the story,each characters feelings and of course the feelings of the other shippers.
I like that you said Kaname is an anti hero but in your other lines you described him as a villain which he's clearly not.
Zero isn't a lapdog either. He is an emo kid cause of all the bad things that happened to him but finally he is becoming mature. He is making his own decisions and he accepted his own feelings. Neither Kaname nor Yuuki are controlling him.
2rsaApr 29, 2013 10:37 AM
Apr 29, 2013 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know why people are calling Zero the Kuran's lapdog. Zero stated in this chapter that he isn't doing it for Kaname, but because if Kaname died Yuuki will be sad. Zero killing Kaname will be immature writing on Hino's part, but Zero overcoming his hatred and saving a life, even if it was for someone elses's sake, is the epitome of chivalry. That what you call a good character development, even if it came a little late for him than what I have liked.

Also, Yuuki hooking up with Zero at this point, after all she had done for Kaname and shared with him, will only mean that Zero is only the second choice for Yuuki, and there's no way she would have ended up with Zero if Kaname was alive.

Yeah, the main storyline is a mess, but Kaname and Yuuki ending up together had been in the cards ever since the begining.
Apr 29, 2013 11:40 PM
Apr 2013
Raven_Shinobi said:
Yeah, the main storyline is a mess, but Kaname and Yuuki ending up together had been in the cards ever since the begining.

With all due respect, I must disagree. For this particular manga, I don't think you can make the argument that the main storyline is a mess, but a certain pairing was planned out from the beginning.

In VK, the plot and the Love Triangle are totally interwoven into one another. In fact, the mangaka favored the LT above the plot. If there were some direction, some forethought put into one side of the story (whether the romance or the main plot), it would have in turn improved the other side of the story.

And overall, I think if the general readership had a sense that ANY part of the manga was actually planned, fans would be a lot less disappointed than they are now.

As things stand now, people are confused, and were caught off-guard with the way things developed (plot and romance-wise), and it doesn't matter WHICH side of the shipping line you stand on. That's not supposed to happen in a good story.

On the romance side, is there anyone who could have predicted sex would happen in 89? I don't mean sex happening between Yuuki and Kaname in general, if they are the manga's endgame couple, sex is not unexpected, but sex happening in that particular chapter? If anyone tries to say they expected Yuuki x Kaname sex in 89 before any of the spoilers came out, I'll call them a liar.

I think there's strong indications that Hino never knew which pairing she wanted until the last minute and she was forced to pick one.

I say this because of little things and big things. One of the little things I noticed was in the preview for VK that appeared in MeriPuri. The entire preview was Yuuki and Zero talking. There was no mention of Kaname whatsoever. If Kaname was absolutely supposed to be the lead male from the beginning, then why was he not in the preview? As lead male, he'd be one of the selling points of the manga, and therefore should have been in that preview, no?

One of the big things I noticed, probably the biggest, in fact, was that Zero was essentially the main character of the first arc. In fact, Hino herself joked about it in one of her side notes wondering who her main character was, Zero or Yuuki. If Zero's role in the story was always supposed to be merely the Knight, the guy who makes it so the heroine could end up with the guy she really loves, then why did he get a starring role in the first half of the story? There was no point in building up Zero to that degree if he wasn't a legitimate contender for male lead.

Incidentally, I think this is why he's being called "the Kuran's lapdog." His role in the story has ended up being no more than that, I'm sorry to say. If Hino had put Kaname and Yuuki together but let Zero achieve some well-defined major goal, something he'd been working toward for a long time, then that would've been great. He'd be his own person, with his own storyline, and his own set of concerns. Not someone who is a prop for someone else's storyline (Yuuki ending up with Kaname). So "the Kuran's lapdog" it is.

Edit: And let me just say, I think Zero letting go of his hatred is nice from a character development standpoint, but no, it does not count as "achieving a goal." Anything a character desires, works toward, and accomplishes is achieving a goal. "Making Yuuki happy" is, unfortunately, the only thing that qualifies in Zero's case.
Ana93Apr 29, 2013 11:51 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.