Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2013 7:38 PM

Jul 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

-Rewatching-
AND Happily Every After!

Sweet. I loved it. My Favorite anime, season, MC, Novel, Seiyuu.

In the end, Sailor Galaxia was turned to her former good self. And she will now guide those star seed that had been taken, guide them to where they belong.
Including the "villains" which she was controlling. Since they were good before they were being controlled.

With the hope of Sailor Moon, she was able to recover her friends, because she didn't give up.

Maan I would have felt so incomplete, because I wanted more. But now that I know that in 2 months, July 2013 there will be a reboot. I am just soooo excited!

A gif from tumblr:

Here are some screencaps that I took.
And you can tell that they saved their "allowance" for the animation of this last ep, or last eps.

MoonXArtemisApr 22, 2013 7:46 PM
Apr 24, 2013 7:37 PM

Nov 2008
Probably one of the most amazing SM episodes ever. I watched this one over and over on VHS when I was sixteen and in high school. XD I only recently downloaded the digital HQ fansubs and watched them like....um...two weeks ago, maybe!

I felt bad for Seiya the first time. BUT I REALLY FEEL FOR HIM NOW. THAT HURT.

Shipping's become the main reason I like anime and manga. ._.

OH HAY, I recognize your sig from Deviant Art. XD <3 I also drew a chibi Seiya holding chibi Usagi after finishing this ep....I should upload it, huh? XD

Apr 25, 2013 6:41 PM

Jul 2011
Chiibi said:
Probably one of the most amazing SM episodes ever. I watched this one over and over on VHS when I was sixteen and in high school. XD I only recently downloaded the digital HQ fansubs and watched them like....um...two weeks ago, maybe!

I felt bad for Seiya the first time. BUT I REALLY FEEL FOR HIM NOW. THAT HURT.

Shipping's become the main reason I like anime and manga. ._.

OH HAY, I recognize your sig from Deviant Art. XD <3 I also drew a chibi Seiya holding chibi Usagi after finishing this ep....I should upload it, huh? XD

Yeah it's not mine, but I put the URL of the artist on it. (from request) lol.

But yeah you should definitely upload it!

Anyways I know how you feel. Like I remembering watching a youtube video about this pairing, and this was before I watched the final season. Since in the US they didn't release a dub. Anyways So since then i completely fell in love with the couple. Then I watched the spanish dub like 2 years ago, and now I just watched the Japanese Audio/English Sub. Anyways what I"m trying to say is that I agree, each time you feel more for Seiya. If there was a 6th season I would of loved for him to come back.

But honestly I just went to his Seiyuu's profile, and it said that she passed away :(. I loved his/her voice. :(
Apr 25, 2013 9:07 PM

Nov 2008
MoonxArtemis said:

But honestly I just went to his Seiyuu's profile, and it said that she passed away :(. I loved his/her voice. :(

I know!! I just found that out! THIS MAKES IT EVEN HARDER.
*tears* ;_____;

Normally I don't really like women voicing anime guys...but omg, with the Three Lights, it worked so well. So very well....

Thus I grieve along with you. ;.;

Jun 3, 2013 3:33 AM

Apr 2008
What an amazing ending to an amazing series. I can't wait till the reboot!!
Aug 2, 2013 1:36 AM
Jul 2010
MoonxArtemis said:

AND Happily Every After!

Not really. They still have to explain what causes the second Ice Age that devastated the Earth, and Usagi's transformation into Neo-Queen Serenity. The first time I watched this episode years ago I thought that the fight with Galaxia was going to end with the destruction of most of the Earth, forcing Usagi to use her powers to re-incarnate everybody into their 30th century selves, finally giving all the storyline a conclusive ending but no, that whole plotline was left forever unexplained and pretty much forgotten.

MoonxArtemis said:

With the hope of Sailor Moon, she was able to recover her friends, because she didn't give up.

Well, the funny thing about this final season is that everything they all did was, in the end, worthless. All those episodes looking for the Starlight's Princess? She was defeated almost immediately by Galaxia. The whole "look for the light of hope since it's the only way to defeat Galaxia" that was the ultimate objective of all the senshi? Usagi just threw it away and just used her own innate powers to end things. It's almost comedic if you think about it.

What I really liked about this episode is the scene just before the end credits roll, when Usagi says a slightly updated version of the first phrase used in episode one. I especially liked how she finished the sentence with "Sailor Moon" said in almost a whisper. Great way to finish a series.
Sep 29, 2013 8:12 AM

Oct 2008
Ended nicely enough. It took me almost a year to finish it all of SM, including the movies (with breaks in between seasons). It was a nice last season too, but I think my favorite was still the first. Well, looking forward to the remake.
HatulSep 29, 2013 8:15 AM
Feb 18, 2014 10:20 AM
Mar 2013
So it's finally over. Sailor Moon purified Galaxia and was able to bring all of her friends back. I gotta say, Galaxia's true form is pretty but that hair is absurdly long.

Darien's finally returns! It feels like forever since we've last seen him. So, in the end chibi-chibi wasn't Serena's child after all. Oh well, Rini is enough of a handful as it is ^_^

Poor Seiya he just got eternally friend-zoned. And Serena's clueless about what she just did. Gotta love her dense personality.

I loved the ending kiss with her and Darien, especially with the original theme song in the background. My favorite moment of the episode.

This is normally where I'd mope and cry about the series being over. At least that's what I did when I saw this over 10 years ago.

But now I'm just excited for the remake! July can't get here any faster.
Apr 15, 2014 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
I don't know I did multiple faces while watching last episode ... after 200 episode and 4 movies a lot of specials ...
Seiya got friend-zoned until the very end XD XD .
I want to cry ..... Suddenly I want more .... :"| Can't wait for the remake coming this summer <3
8.7 =9!

My heart broke when I heard .... It's the end ... :|

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jul 27, 2014 1:33 AM

Jul 2008
And they wrapped it all up in a nice little bow, to take a term from Naruto, Usagi used uber talk no jutsu to win!!

But everyone who died came back, Seiya got gut punched into the eternal friend zone, and everyone is happy....

Except for the coming Ice Apopcalypse that no one could stop despite being able to stop Galaxia and Chaos right?

But still overall this was one of the better seasons so it gets an 8/10 for me.
Aug 25, 2014 12:05 AM

Feb 2008
And as usual, Sailor Moon pulls a DEM out of her ass and saves the world, everyone gets resurrected blah blah. And why do people feel bad for Seiya getting friendzoned again? What should Usagi do, tell Mamoru that since he was dead for a while she decided to switch boyfriends? I don't get the Sailor Moon fanbase.

Anyway, at the end, it was a rather mediocre season. Way too much focus spent on the Starlights, not enough on the MAIN HEROINES. People complain that Super S didn't focus enough of the inner senshi? Well complain here too, because they still didn't do shit, and got OHKO'd in the first episode of the finale. But I guess this has hot bishonens that are actually girls so it means the season is good.

Overall, I think that season 1 was the strongest season, since most fillers actually contributed to Usagi's character and made her stronger. You could say that it served as her training, and the fillers were really fun as well. Sailor Moon S is close behind, while it kept some villains longer than other villains, it was still a great seasons because of the addition of Uranus and Neptune. And Ikuhara's influence could be seen, which makes me wonder if the season was prototype for Utena. Those were the good seasons.

Super S was a special snowflake. Hated by many because it was mostly filler and focused on Chibiusa. I don't think that was a bad thing since Chibiusa was completely removed in Stars. She deserved a season and it made her shine as a good character. The season really strengthened her bond with Usagi. Can't deny that most episodes were just motw fillers, but the fun factor was the same as season 1. I enjoyed most of the episodes, and Amazon Trio and Amazoness Quartret were fun villains.

Sailor Moon R was a tough case. Doom Tree arc was really terrible and had awful direction and writing. The next arc was rather average with Chibiusa being annoying every episode. I wouldn't believe that she could turn likeable in the next season. All that Chibiusa angst was awful. Now Stars isn't that bad, but I would say the quality is the same as the second R arc. Stars focused way too much on Chibi Chibi and Starlights, that it neglected the Inner Senshi that already got their screentime cut in Super S.

Overall, I would rate the whole franchise as 6/10.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 19, 2014 5:25 AM

Apr 2010
I cried again, I'm still crying. The whole anime is totally one of my personal favourites. I love the plot, I've never been bored while watching it. The action, the romance, the wisdom... nobody should have skipped it. :)
One of the smartest anime series ever.

9/10 definitely
Jun 27, 2015 10:49 PM

Aug 2013
By far the best final battle of the whole seires, at first I was expecting moonlight densetu to play during the confrontation but sailor stars fit it just fine, while as a whole Sailor stars isn't my favorite season I still thought the last couple of episodes where some of the strongest. and the ending itself didn't have THAT much closure but then again we already know what happens to everyone so it wasn't really needed. As a whole I loved sailor moon to me it was a series that got better as it went, full of and interesting while sometimes underutilized lure and mythology, and really great and memorable characters.
Apr 27, 2016 10:22 PM

Dec 2009
Nice ending to the series. I still liked season 1 the most but it end up being my third favorite season. Even though, did feel the plot was cheesy sometimes because more focus on the Starlights which don't mind as much. Seiya got friend-zoned by Usagi since she loves Mamoru more as a lover.
Nov 7, 2017 1:30 PM
Aug 2017
Sonic: Well done! A PERFECT ENDING FOR A PERFECT ANIME!!!!!!
May 1, 2018 4:48 AM
Aug 2014
This show just got worse and worse, with this one being easily the worst. Didn't care for the starlights or Usagi and Seiya's romance nor Chibi Chibi who could only utter the words Chibi Chibi.

Galaxia was supposed to have conquered the whole universe, but instead we follow around these 3 idols for most of the season and see the sailors going to school. It completely lacked any sense of scale.
Sep 26, 2018 10:34 AM

Jan 2013
BEST SEASON! I seriously feel so bad for Fighter, too kind to be real. I have no idea what should I do with my life now... 9/10

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Nov 9, 2019 8:48 AM

Aug 2008
Not even Sailor Galaxia can win against the power of anime opening songs! That was such a galaxy brain move from sailor moon. But where does the killer song suddenly come from, you might ask? Obviously out of her tiny ass. Cause this was a total ass pull.
Apr 8, 2020 10:41 AM

Jun 2015
The solution to every world cataclysm is to fight naked.
Feb 8, 2021 12:40 PM

Nov 2016
Ok, wow, that hit harder than expected.

While it wasn't quite as intriguing as the decisive battle in S(the whole story for that season was), it turned out to be the most emotional climax because it also tied into the end of the whole series. That kinda worked as feels multiplier of sorts, even tho I would've wished for more closure in form of an epilogue.

I enjoyed Sailor Stars, nonetheless. The Starlights were a fine addition. I didn't mind the lack of direction, it appealed to me and some of the episodes hilarious( except for the filler at the beginning, I retsopectively didn't care for, took time of this already short season) And I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I feel like this would've worked better as 4th season or at least not the final one.

Putting the focus on new characters and even sacrificing the beloved main cast when it's about to end just seems wrong.

I know there were already plenty of episodes throughout all seasons that gave characterisation to the inner senshi and they didn't really do much in later seasons either. In that regard it feels odd to complain now, but I can't help it xD

Lastly I gotta say that I fell in love with the franchise all over again. I forgot how charming it was, or rather said I never really appreciated it when I had not much to compare it to. It also had better characters than I originally gave it credit for. I thought for sure that they were mostly just one note. So aside from the mere enjoyment, rewatching the series was definitely rewarding and more addicitve than I expected. Sad that it's already over. Gonna miss it and no rating can express how much I treasure Sailor Moon as a whole. It was the series that introduced me to anime.
FMmatronFeb 8, 2021 12:45 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 1, 2021 5:20 PM

Jun 2015
so the answer for Usagi is to fight naked? No armor, sowrd, sailor uniform, or even her pajamas? How shameless and tastless.

I wanted to see an epic armor not the power of reflecting light off your naked skin! And she was like that half of the episode too. Like what are they trying to say? It was pointless really. no reason at all. I have seen fight where women were naked and it was for a good reason.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 17, 2021 12:36 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
I really couldn't take the ending seriously with all those attack names that sounded like they went through random word generator lmao. And I don't really like usagi's hesitation in the finale. It gets really repetitive really fast.

The best thing about this franchise is its fillers, they were fun and hilarious whereas the main plot was just generic, cheesy romance stories. It emphasizes too much on the status and power of galactic princesses (and that princesses could fight better than anyone even when they're naked)

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Jul 25, 2021 1:11 PM

Dec 2008
Sailor Moon season ends, great as always.

Just finished my rewatch of all of [90s broadcast] Sailor Moon for the Viz dub. Not sure if I like Stars as much as the first two times I watched it. Not that I didn't like it, it just seemed a lot weaker. Not sure if it was subtleties in the dub. Not going to get into that, I've found the viz dub to be pretty good overall. Could also be other things like when I finally originally got the fansubs of it, I was a kid and very eager for more Sailor Moon. Plus, even if the dub hadn't done it justice, there's other things to critique.

A lot of the season seemed to drag with melodrama. Stuff seemed to happen just for the story tension. Like, the reason for Princess Kakyuu hearing her guardians but then um just doing nothing. Why Mamoru didn't contact Usagi was of course explained, but not why Usagi just sat around passively writing letters and didn't even call him, and also why Ami didn't make a bigger deal of it when she actually did call. Usagi just seemed kinda different, and not because she got a little older. The inner senshi also didn't really get to shine as much as previous seasons and were often just comic relief.

The tension between the extrasolar senshi and the solar system senshi seemed manufactured. It just seemed like it should have been solved sooner, for better or worse. It would have been better to have a showdown for an episode or two, then either they keep fighting viciously or start working together. None of this sniping back and forth. Also, lol @ Haruka and Michiru being like "we can't trust them" and then being the ones who betrayed everyone later on, even if it was fake.

Oh, and Seiya - We all knew Seiya/Usagi wasn't going to sail, so no one could become invested in it. Even worse for anyone who actually did become invested in it.

Despite nitpicks, overall I liked it. Might not be my favorite season, but 90s Sailor Moon is still the best. Back then I wished it would continue from there, but now I can see how this was a good ending, and I'm glad it didn't just continue indefinitely.

I do this it's a shame it never got dubbed during the original US broadcast. I guess people in charge thought Sailor Moon wasn't popular enough to justify it. I know the reasons people usually give for why it wasn't dubbed back then, but I don't think they fly. Usagi in this episode could have gotten digital underpants like Goku in Dragon Ball and Ryoko in Tenchi Muyo got for the US broadcast versions of their series. I also think they could have just cut out the Starlights transformation sequences and had them as female full time then have Seiya's passion for Usagi as wanting to be a really close friend/extrasolar cousin or something.90s dub censorship is always amusing. But oh well, that ship has sailed. Congrats to the Viz dub cast for finishing all 200 episodes, and the movies.
Jun 25, 2022 11:22 AM

Sep 2011
That's it, the end of an era.. 90s Sailor Moon will always stay as my favorite one. I just finished rewatching the series, and I liked each and every season.. And I think the quality of the story increased too with every season..

I loved this anime, so much so that I even watched every filler episode.. Something I'd never ever do for any other anime..

Let me say a word or two about Galaxia too. She was a really strong villain, apparently the strongest one in the series. She outpowered everyone, she even managed to break the Sword of Sealing that Princess Serenity used against her final form, causing the death of Chibi-Chibi. She really proved to be the Legendary Guardian.

The only thing that I didn't like about the later seasons is the absence of Usagi's little brother Shingo. He was my husbandoooo and he only appeared in the first two season :(

Now I will jump to the new remake series and catch up with it (I already finished the 1st season). Then I will read the mange from scratch... So looking forward to the see the actual ending in the manga

Goodbye Inner senshi, goodbye Minako-chan, goodbye Artemisuu, goodbye Outer senshi. I will miss you all 🤗
Mar 15, 2023 8:58 PM

Jul 2009
Finally was able to finish the WHOLE Sailor Moon TV Series on BD!!

All 200 Episodes + All the Movies (R, S, SuperS).

What a way to end the series!! Honestly, it was getting depressing towards the end. I thought everyone would truly die T__T

Now, it's going to be interesting how Sailor Moon Cosmos will adapt this arc. Since we all know the current stupid climate right now (Will they animate where Usagi, Chibi Chibi and Galaxia were fully naked during the final scenes?).

I will watch the whole Crystal Series as we get closer to the Cosmos release in preparation.

Bye Bye Sailor Moon! Feels good to be one of the few people in the world who finished the whole TV series!!

There's just something fun and amazing about the old TV series compared to the new works.

10/10!

Sep 13, 2023 1:07 PM
Aug 2023
and there we go, 3 months of watching mostly sailor moon has ended, a truly wonderful fantastic show that opened my eyes to the rest of the world of anime, I owe this show everything

I wish the shows ending felt more complete for more than just Usagi I would of liked for a episode dedicated to completing the stories for the rest of the sailors but alas
Nov 4, 2023 11:16 PM
Sep 2023
Hmmm... let's see... Usagi figths naked and then she makes Galaxia naked and then she's naked again at the very end, it feels strange to me, but demography I guess. With respect to the Galaxia's conclusion, I guess I liked it, but it feels strange that it's just 23 min long, episode, they had to end the main plot and fight, and I thinks it was well done, too good, I would like to rewatch to reconsider if really doesn't feel rushed, for now, I think is an excelent end to Usagi's history. I lost it when Mamo and Chibi Chibi appear, I would loved to see Chibiusa in the very end but I don't remember if she was involved (or if she is actually at the very end).
*Make a rewatch*
Nov 17, 2023 11:09 PM

Jul 2012
Why she had to be na*ed almost the whole episode 😑
Even if the boys r watched it on tv back then, they will not get h*rny.. Gezzz..

The ending r good, Sailor Moon OP as always 😏
The more the series, we lose / miss her teammate skill animations, voices n roles 😑

Even the stars senshi's r useless in the end..

I like how Sailor Moon didn't want to start another war / loop of hatred by winning using Ken (sword).. She use peace instead which purefied the evil power..

We miss Mamo-chan role on this season..
Seiya just can't replace him, that role is just too big n faraway to reach..

I am hopping for another kind of ending, but well..
It is the end.. Of my childhood anime called Sailor Moon..

I don't think I will watch "Crystal" soon..
Cz it is so tired n a long journey just to reach this point..
White_AliceNov 17, 2023 11:15 PM

Feb 19, 9:20 AM
Nov 2019
Definitely one of the best season Sailor Moon has
Apr 8, 9:30 AM
Mar 2023
Amazingly groundbreaking!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars Episode 14 Discussion

MoonXArtemis - Apr 17, 2013

13 by kyojin_desu »»
Feb 25, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars Episode 30 Discussion

MoonXArtemis - Apr 22, 2013

25 by White_Alice »»
Nov 17, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Episode 28 Discussion

ChrisNP - Jan 25, 2012

24 by White_Alice »»
Nov 16, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars Episode 33 Discussion

9 by Blueckot »»
Nov 4, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars Episode 32 Discussion

12 by Blueckot »»
Nov 4, 2023 10:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.