Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 1, 2009 10:02 PM

Dec 2008
SilentPredator03 said:
WinterNightsFall said:

And I was wondering, couldn't Kuromitsu just inject Kurou with her blood again so that he'd have an immortal body?

In the manga Kuromitsu tells him that every time he wakes up after getting a replacement body that she tried that - it didn't work.

sick742 said:

if kuon was a 'complete' immortal like u said, so why the fuck he died?
doesn't make sense at all... :lol:

He fell off the top of the building. Remember in the flash back when Kuromitsu fell off that building and landed on the rock? She didn't pop right back up because that kind of damage would take a long time to regenerate. Most likely Kuromitsu went back and cut the head off his body before he was healed and put Kurou's head on it.

Aneeshrokz said:
I can't describe how disappointed I am of the final episode. Got a 6 from me, the manga kicked the anime's ass.

If you finished the manga I cant' believe that you dislike the anime's ending. There's at least some closure in the anime. Also, Kurou is a complete dick in the manga.

Manga Ending Spoilers

Well every person has their own likes and dislikes, do we not?
I didn't hate the anime itself, I just didn't like how it ended. But meh we can't do anything about it since that's the way most artists or the creators want it to be rather than basing it all on the manga a 100% right? It would be like watching an anime that you already know whats going to happen in the future episodes.

And yeah Kurou was pretty much that in the manga.
AneeshrokzJan 2, 2009 12:32 AM
Jan 5, 2009 7:36 PM

Sep 2008
Great fights, good sound, and fuc*** up ending for a show with no plot.
5/10
Complete disappointment for me after great first episode...
Jan 6, 2009 9:58 AM

May 2008
The ending was pretty good, but might have been better. It was a little confusing for me, but you guys cleared things up, so that was good. Anyway, I loved the series as a whole, great animation, fights, etc. 9/10
Jan 7, 2009 3:34 PM

Feb 2008
I liked the ending. One of the best episodes.
jay5000 said:
all of you who like the anime do not read the manga becuse you will then hate the anime manga is much better

I think that applies to most of the anime which are based on a manga.

My rating: 8/10
Jan 9, 2009 11:40 AM
Jan 2009
to me, the ending seemed like they were stuck in a constant loop as if the forest and kuromitsu were in a place where time could be manipulated over and over for all eternity. As if they already were dead and they were trapped in some kind of time warping limbo.
Jan 13, 2009 11:32 PM

Jul 2008
wow, i can't believe they did the dream ending and basically said screw you. if it was a different ending, someone enlighten me
Jan 18, 2009 4:29 AM

Aug 2007
great ending

over the last episodes i lowered my rating to 7, but this ending almost made me raise it back to 8.
pietelJan 18, 2009 4:44 AM
Jan 18, 2009 6:09 AM
Jul 2008
Agree with pietel, enjoyed the first two episodes or so and then it went kind of blah, then I started to enjoy it again and the ending was really nice.
Jan 21, 2009 8:18 PM

Oct 2007
I would say that the last episode nearly redeemed a series that, in my opinion, suffered from poor pacing and lack of clear direction (though that may have been intentional). Sure, the mindfuck ending was kinda meh, but I don't think it should really be interpreted literally as discussed in previous posts. Overall, I think Kurozuka had some of the best action scenes I've seen in a while and created a pretty absorbing atmosphere; however, the plot, which had a lot of potential, detracted from the show as a whole.
Jan 29, 2009 12:50 AM

Jul 2007
Feb 3, 2009 1:48 PM

Dec 2007
I'm totally disappointed... 4/10
Feb 7, 2009 10:12 AM
Jun 2008
Kotori said:
crap series overall, 3/10

coming from someone who like da capo? lol

seriously if you like Da Capo enough to use a characters name and avatar then you aren't going to like Kurozuka. Thats like completely obvious.

Lastly if you like Da Capo your opinion is null and void in my opinion anyway :D have a nice day
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Feb 7, 2009 10:42 AM

Jul 2007
catullus said:
Kotori said:
crap series overall, 3/10

coming from someone who like da capo? lol

seriously if you like Da Capo enough to use a characters name and avatar then you aren't going to like Kurozuka. Thats like completely obvious.

Lastly if you like Da Capo your opinion is null and void in my opinion anyway :D have a nice day

What's wrong with Da Capo? I could say the same about quite a few scores in your list too ;)
Mar 14, 2009 12:09 PM

Aug 2007
the trut is that kuromitsu has lived for so long that she's bored as hell that why she's making kuro look for her over and over again

Mar 27, 2009 1:19 PM
Mar 2009

Okay I know exactly what happened after pondering and reading everyone's predictions. Everyone thinks the ending is either a dream or the past and some think it is in the future... I agree with the people who said it is in the future. Now some of you will be like, wait how is that possible because Benkei was there too and they were in monk clothing like in the beginning of the anime. Well lets take a step back, First of all Benkai Was killed, dead and gone after kuro killed him off at their last battle. Now some of you will disagree cause you think that the flashes at the end of the series of kuro waking up again into a built city is the FUTURE(in the flashes you see benkeis shriveled hand), HOWEVER THAT IS THE PAST. the flashes shows benkei's shriveled hand. However, that is the past before everything is destroyed, You can tell also by the flashes that the technological advances are definitely inferior to that of the main story line. That time is more like our time now and the main story plot is in the future. To summarize it easily, basically kuro is stuck in an eternal cycle of living 100 years and having to swap bodies every time and loses his memory everytime he gets a new body. The Vampire chick(forgot her name lol) doesnt want to be lonely so she forces him to live even though eternity with her even though he wants to die and stop living through constant cycles. They do love eachother, but the guy is getting tired of repeating lives and losing his memory(forgetting that he wants to die, but remembers that he must find her. So he finds her and gets his head cut off at the end of 100 years and remembers again he wants to die when he has no body, and is placed on a new body, then the cycle repeats). The flashes of him are just showing examples of his life cycles in the PAST with the same people except reincarnated. Now the confusing part is the last part at the end where you see him and benkei in the forest like the beginning of the series. This is THE LATEST LIFE CYCLE for him. Benkai was KILLED by kuro and he reincarnated and met kuro again. They are again in the forest and WILL meet the vampire chick(never ending cycle). Where is my evidence? The city outside the forest is destroyed which means the theory about the whole thing being a dream cannot be true. Also it must be after the flashes cause the city is destroyed. The ending scene in the forest is the latest cycle of him about to meet the vampire chick with the reincarnated benkei. Remember, kuro does not remember anything so does not think twice about benkei. Its just showing how he is stuck in this never ending cycle. Wow that was a mouthful. Personally, this anime has lots of morals in it. The plot is not the ideal lovey dovey thing. Its showing how eternal life, whom many people out there want, isnt the best thing to have. The vampire chick is lonely without kuro, thus forces him to live in the cycles, even kinda against his will(remember the part when he has only his head and is being carressed naked by the vampire chick, he tells her to just let her die, its better that way, but she says no, that she does not age and is scared without him). This anime isnt just about twisted romance, its about the scary truth about eternal life, which may seem amazing at first, but isnt that great after all. :) I hope you like my long explanation! I hope no one got lost!

SilentPredator03 said:
Let me preface this by saying this is what I got out of it and not definitive. This is from a combination of the series and reading the manga.
DeathfireD said:

I'm also a bit confused as to what actually happened towards the end where Kuro shows up in the city before it's destroyed, running from the red army. Was that just a random flashback to show how the city got fucked up in the first place?

I don't think it was a flashback, but rather a flash forward. When you see Kurou wake up, he looks upon the city that is completely rebuilt. Add to that the fact that in the following clips we get a quick glimpse of the Red Emperor (Benkei) ordering them to find and kill Kuromitsu. Now he lifts his hand up briefly and you can see just how much it has shriveled - showing that he's aged even more after the time we see him meeting with Kuromitsu. Afterall, he gained immortality and Kurou didn't cut his head off after their duel. I think this point is just to show that the cycle of Kurou and Kuromitsu meeting and running from their pursuers is endless.

Also what was the point of Kuon's body? Was it really just a replacement for Kuro's body? If so why? Is his head the only thing that doesn't age?

Kuon was created specifically for Kurou - as he needs to replace his body every 100 years or so. The reason Kurou has to change bodies every 100 years is because when he drank Kuromitsu's blood, Benkei chopped his head off before the blood could finish mixing. Kuon is actually a 'complete' immortal like Kuromitsu. She created him in hopes that giving Kurou an immortal body would eliminate the need for him to switch bodies. It's not that his body doesn't age, it's just that it can't take the constant damage and regeneration. After awhile it begins to weaken until he can't move anymore.

I can see from the very end that they did not actually "go back in time" since there was buildings destroyed all around the forest that Kuro and Benkei where in. I can only guess that this is a never ending cycle that Kuro and Kuromitsu created into order to survive and keep their relationship fresh.

Not so much to keep their relationship fresh as it is a necessity of Kurou switching bodies. As she is being pursued, Kuromitsu can't exactly wait around for Kurou to finish joining to his new body and she has faith in him that he'll find her.

Also the evil old guy was still not explained other then he wanted Kuromitsu dead...

The 'evil old guy' is Benkei. He was jealous of Kurou for his relationship with Kuromitsu. He betrayed Kurou to the group that was chasing them at the time and found out that Kuromitsu is immortal. He spends the next 1000 years chasing her so that he could tell her his feelings. A little bit crazy and obsessive? Yeah, but look what she did to Koun. This is a woman who has a great power over men.

Overall, the 'ending' is left up for the viewer to decide. Was it a dream? Possibly, but the destroyed landscape around the jungle suggests not.

That explains a lot, thank.

I originally thought thats what Kuon's body was for (I posted that in the last thread) but they kind of brushed it off in this episode so I wasn't sure.

I totally didn't know the old guy was Benkei though haha. That kind of makes this even more confusing considering the old guy is seen in the first episode telling the dead looking red army people to kill Kuromitsu but the young Benkei is with Kuro. I wonder if the Benkei we see in this endless loop is a clone as well created by Kuromitsu.

I'm guessing this is one of those series that you have to watch a few times before you actually understand it haha. I think I'm gonna read the manga before I watch it again though.
Jun 25, 2009 3:06 AM

Feb 2008
I found the ending a cheap way to finish a series which had a lot more potential. A never ending cylce like this has been regurgitated far too many times. In the end we learn really nothing about Kuromitsu and the why or the how. We get a pointless mop up of stale events which was predictable from halfway through the show. The art and action was awesome though.
Aug 8, 2009 9:11 AM
Aug 2008
AeonsLegend said:
I found the ending a cheap way to finish a series which had a lot more potential. A never ending cylce like this has been regurgitated far too many times. In the end we learn really nothing about Kuromitsu and the why or the how. We get a pointless mop up of stale events which was predictable from halfway through the show. The art and action was awesome though.

I have trouble imagining what these characters would be like if they actually got some characterization.

I mean ... the dopey driver guy who liked anime about driving got more characterization than Kuro.

And I got the impression that Kuromitsu and Kurozuka never got a real chance to live together as a couple at the end.

This *didn't* match the memory of them in medieval robes in a field of white flowers.

So if they never get to live together as lovers, then the notion of them eternally chasing each other is just ... unsatisfying.
Sep 2, 2009 2:20 AM

Dec 2007
formosan said:
AeonsLegend said:

I have trouble imagining what these characters would be like if they actually got some characterization.

I mean ... the dopey driver guy who liked anime about driving got more characterization than Kuro.

And I got the impression that Kuromitsu and Kurozuka never got a real chance to live together as a couple at the end.

This *didn't* match the memory of them in medieval robes in a field of white flowers.

So if they never get to live together as lovers, then the notion of them eternally chasing each other is just ... unsatisfying.

Honestly, I doubt he even loves her anymore, or is chasing her for that reason. She's forcing him to continue this cycle, he even asked to let him die. Anyway the cycle may end if she finds a suitable body right? It may not go on forever, she was almost there with Kuon, right? I'm still a little unsure of some parts. Like if he'd gotten Kuon's body, would he not have to get a new body every 100 years? And why wasn't Kuon still usable at the end, is he not immortal, surely a fall wouldn't have killed him? What's with the mass blood gathering at the end, and wasn't that Benkei he killed(or simply stabbed and not killed, actually), and after entering the 'room' he saw them having a conversation? Could they not have had that conversation ages before Kuro actually came to the palace?

It was an okay series for me, but I didn't feel like the ending was as solid as it should have been.
ZugySep 2, 2009 2:24 AM
Sep 9, 2009 12:38 AM

Feb 2009
thanks to SilentPredator03, your explanations helped a TON. i feel a whole lot more closure on this series now.
[url=http://www.squiby.net/level/4135737]
Sep 25, 2009 4:30 PM
May 2008
pretentious piece of shit
Vengeful-WolvesSep 25, 2009 4:33 PM
Oct 11, 2009 7:25 AM

Jun 2009
You know, until the 8th episode I thought "OMG, that's great! I'll give it 9/10, all is just what I like!". But eps 8 (second half) and 9 confused me, there was a lot of stupidity there. Thanks God, last 3 eps were good. 8/10 overall.
MaxCrankOct 23, 2009 2:07 AM
Nov 16, 2009 12:30 PM

Nov 2008
Not a very good anime, but I loved it for the sheer pretentiousness. I wouldn't mind if they just skipped the good parts, they were nowhere near as entertaining anyway.
Nov 26, 2009 9:59 AM
Nov 2008
Badass ending [ i kinda expected this sort of twisted well- i- still-don't-really-get-it ending]
So let me guess....kuromitsu and kuro are trapped in some kind of endless thousands of years cycle in order to always be together ?

And the ending....did it mean it was all a dream ? Or....like sometimes it is said to happen , after experiencing a cycle times and times again , you get the deja-vu feeling [ check suzumiya haruhi no yuutsu s2 - endless eight arc..=)) kinda same shit ] but still , the cycle continues...this part is still left uncertain....CONCLUSION : I DON'T GET SHIT ! =))))..anyway..awesome series.
Nov 30, 2009 1:58 PM

Jan 2008
Originally I wrote this for the mindfuck club, I think I could leave my insight here too. Since it is about last episode.
Although the show itself has not lived to the initial hype and has a bit of a flop in the middle, the end represents an ultimate mindfuck. Just one of the best there is! I think the last episode is well worth the time spent for the series. I've really enjoyed it. Pure tainted love. So wicked it is just scary. I've still got chills down my spine when i remember these words by Kuromitsu("don't be afraid"). Women can be terrifying, can't they?)

I can add, that the most important part in the end for me was actually the "definition" of this eternal love. Not the dream or time circles, but rather this concept by Kuromitsu. That even if you loved the person after being with him/her for many years you'll definitely fall apart at some point. So Kuromitsu has found a very sick(to say the least) but somehow genius way to make herself fell wanted and thus truly loved throughout ages.

PS. "Love" is definitely some sort of mental illness according to this anime)) And I personally don't think it's to far from truth.
[Old School Anime Club]
Jan 19, 2010 6:59 PM

Dec 2009
The anime was o.k. but i prefer the manga hands down. I think it would have been better to anime that manga storyline than an adaptation but eh. The ending was bad in my opinion, it just left too much up to the viewer in my opinion.
Jan 26, 2010 4:26 AM
Jan 2010
icefaii said:

As a side note, I couldnt get over the fact that in the anime, Kuromitsu had sex with Kuon. I felt it as a betrayal to Kurou. I even went to search for the manga because I just couldnt accept that scene. If she was really in love with Kurou why would she have sex with Kuon regardless if hes a clone of Kurou or not (and no, Kuon is not based on the guy who gave Kuromitsu immortality that everyone thinks. The guy had blond hair, and Kuon's silver. The similarity is merely a coincidence of character design, being long hair and light coloured hair. Afterall Kuon is Kurou's clone). I get this idea that perhaps she just wants to invoke jealousy from Kurou to keep things fresh after 1000 years, but I have this voice telling me the evil bitch just wants to screw Kuon because he looks so much like Kurou.

So I flipped back to the manga and found out Kuromitsu is actually very faithful and willing to do everything for Kurou while, Kurou is more of the evil one. In the manga theres no sex between Kuromitsu and Kuon. But theres sex between the blond girl and Kurou. And actually Kuromitsu killed Kuon when Kuon defeated Kurou and was about to kill him. I think the anime staff wanted to make Kuromitsu more evil for a greater impact. And they wanted to use that classic jealousy expression that Kurou has. Yes, that expression is indeed in the managa but from a completely different scenerio. It started when Kuon questioned why all Kuromitsu thought about was Kurou and couldnt accept him and forcibly embrace her while Kurou walks in on that scene. But its just not as impactful as the way its done with the 3 moles in the anime. In the managa Kuromitsu actually felt sorry for Kuon for making him solely for the purpose of being Kuro's body. By the way in the manga that old lady is actually Kuromitsu.. Its stated that if vampire doesnt suck blood within a period they will grow old. Kuromitsu purposely stayed old to protect kurou from the assassinations. Yes in the manga, shes not behind it all. The couples actually together until they were seperated by people who seeks immortality.

Well, the way I see it. Both Kuro and Kuromitsu cheated on each other in the anime. Kuro had sex with Rai in episode 11 and Kuromitsu with Kuon at an unspecified time.

So....all is well.... I think it's a good thing, since now Kuro knows how much he wants Kuromitsu actually.
Mar 26, 2010 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
5/10 from me, the whole show just seemed messy to me. Started pretty ok, but meh...

Mar 27, 2010 4:28 PM

Jan 2010
It should have ended with him being chased in town, but it was fairly good as it is XD

Very interesting and confusing anime, even unique. Enjoyed it quite a lot.
Apr 15, 2010 6:41 PM

Feb 2009
Women are scarry :S

7/10 from me...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
May 8, 2010 8:10 PM
Feb 2009
All I can say is that wdf whole series with the time lapse really got frustrated 7/10 for me.
May 18, 2010 2:36 PM

Apr 2010
Hmm... I liked it.

[9/10]
- Art was brilliant.
- Plot, well... It's not perfect, but it's rare an anime is that unpredictable where you wtf every second episode. Though I really hate such "funny" elements like the scene with the feces bag. That was unnecessary, in my eyes.
- And the OP will stay with all its digital hardcore power. It reminded me a lot of AA=!
Oct 27, 2010 10:53 AM

Sep 2007
Story was interesting, especially the last half of this episode, but the series could've used better directing.

Nov 27, 2010 3:24 AM
May 2010
The scene of the forest at the end is a scene of the future, as some have already stated. I think the ending might tie in with a sort of chaos theory/butterfly effect. Very tiny changes over eternity make a huge difference in the long run. Kuro IS getting closer to Kuromitsu with every new attempt.

Some serious vampire/eternal deja vu is going on here.

Also, remember in the first episode-- when Benkei kills the Red Army guy that was cackling at Kuro and trying to kill him, he completely exploded. If I remember correctly, the other Red Army guys didn't explode. o_O So maybe his soul returned to uh... the cycle. Er, it escaped the cycle. Or whatever. You know what I mean? |: His soul became trapped within Kuro and Kuromitsu's tango and was finally released after thouuusands and thousands of years.

The first episode is definitely worth rewatching after finishing the series. How Kuro mentions that they've been fighting for too long, and that he wouldn't mind if Benkei took his head and fled, because the location was suitable...

In the last episode, in the "repeat" of the forest, Kuro mentions something seeming familiar to him. He doesn't say that in the first episode. The change in dialogue is something to be noted, most definitely.

All in all, I don't think it was an "oh hey that was just a dream lol sorry kids" ending. I don't see how people are perceiving that from the last episode at all. o:

I think what happened here is that it was a story that began without an outline beforehand. Sometimes art turns out beautifully without direction, other times it gets kind of lost and muddled and spins wildly out of control.

I think that Kuromitsu attached Kuon's body to Kuro and that the forest scene would be the last time he'd have to be decapitated. Hopefully? Poor guy, loses his head too easily. Ahahaha... :D

Although, just because I'm a weirdo, I would've loved if Kuromitsu and Kuro lived as just heads. Rolling around and being vampire heads. Maybe in a jar-- maybe they could call themselves Aaroniero. (:

I would've loved to see more characterization in this anime-- I really don't know the main characters' personalities too well, or at least not more than I know of the fodder or lesser characters. The characters are really flat, or at least the insight we're given into their personalities is really broad and brief, which is a bit disappointing. I just adored the art style, the horror, the action (do you guys remember early in the series, when Kuro did a headstand on the shoulders of the enemy and slit his throat? epic epic epic), and those random tender moments and pieces of memory that flopped in. I'm going to give it a 8/10 overall. :3

And I hope I didn't confuse anyone more. But I tried to dab the confusion with some unwitty puns so hopefully I'm not too hated. T^T
Dec 28, 2010 7:56 PM
Feb 2009
I hope this anime gets licensed so I can buy it. I give it a straight 10! The shear violence, crazy story, insane characters. Man what a ride. Though I watched this when it first came out I decided to comment now. I must buy!!!!
Apr 14, 2011 9:01 PM
Apr 2011
6 words to sum up the series my-mind-is-full-of-fuck
i thought that this would be a vampire series like hellsing or black blood brothers and it started that way but no it has to get fucked up
at the end what is he a vampire ninja zombie samurai in recon armor from fallout?
All will bow before the One True King.
Apr 24, 2011 1:44 AM
Apr 2011
Ending is kinda weird for me, nothing is really cleared up. The way they ended it seemed like they were trying to make it epic lie some other titles that have done something similar but didn't work out, at least not for me, because it seemed like they did it just to do it. After reading some comments here, I do find it a bit better but still not really.

Well, the way I see it. Both Kuro and Kuromitsu cheated on each other in the anime. Kuro had sex with Rai in episode 11 and Kuromitsu with Kuon at an unspecified time.

So....all is well.... I think it's a good thing, since now Kuro knows how much he wants Kuromitsu actually.

As for sex/cheating that occurred, as far as I can tell only Kuromitsu did it with Kuon but I'm not sure if that was just his delusion or his real memories. Kurou didn't have sex with Rai in the anime, I don't how that can reasonably happen since she just had quite a few holes punctured into her by the monster doctor and had blood all over her, so I would imagine that she would be too weak to do the tango that is unless Kurou went all guro on her... agh.

In the manga they did do it, however it wasn't that bad since Kurou didn't do it despite loving Kuromitsu (well maybe a little bit) since he has no real memories of her and didn't know anything about her except her name and that he has this unexplainable compulsion to look for her. He probably just said "fuck this mysterious and elusive woman that I don't know shit about, I'm just gonna fuck this hotass chick that has the hots for me and is right next to me."
Jul 11, 2011 6:08 PM

Dec 2010
I think I understand it....haha. 9/10.
Aug 26, 2011 11:00 PM

Aug 2011
7/10

First two episodes were great, than it started to fail and just when i got my hopes back up the ending was just a "WTF are you serious??" moment.
Oct 20, 2011 9:34 AM

Aug 2008
this show was such trash 1/10 from me couldnt stand it since ep 6.
Dec 3, 2011 1:58 PM

Nov 2011
I'm a little confused, everything it was only in his mind?
it was interesting but I give only 6/10 (are more anime what I like more, sorry)
qazx3Dec 3, 2011 2:01 PM
Dec 26, 2012 8:11 AM
Jun 2011
should never started watching this... waste of time , why does she cut his head off every time he finds her?? wtf is even goin on did the shit that happened in the beginning really happen????
Apr 30, 2013 2:57 AM

Aug 2010
I have to be honest, while I really did like the series, I didn't really understand what the hell was going on. I thought that maybe I didn't pay enough attention while watching and maybe missed something so I'm glad that I'm not the only one to be confused.

I wasn't sure if it was because she said "I have your body" that maybe she had his old body, his first body and that's why he would remember everything again...? Every time he remembered something in his other lives, he always thought of it as a dream...I also remember in the very first episode, he mentioned having Deja'vu so I was thinking that maybe the Deja'vu that he had was him simply seeing into the future or something? I wasn't quite sure...
May 6, 2013 5:29 PM

Sep 2012
SilentPredator03 said:
Let me preface this by saying this is what I got out of it and not definitive. This is from a combination of the series and reading the manga.
DeathfireD said:

I'm also a bit confused as to what actually happened towards the end where Kuro shows up in the city before it's destroyed, running from the red army. Was that just a random flashback to show how the city got fucked up in the first place?

I don't think it was a flashback, but rather a flash forward. When you see Kurou wake up, he looks upon the city that is completely rebuilt. Add to that the fact that in the following clips we get a quick glimpse of the Red Emperor (Benkei) ordering them to find and kill Kuromitsu. Now he lifts his hand up briefly and you can see just how much it has shriveled - showing that he's aged even more after the time we see him meeting with Kuromitsu. Afterall, he gained immortality and Kurou didn't cut his head off after their duel. I think this point is just to show that the cycle of Kurou and Kuromitsu meeting and running from their pursuers is endless.

Also what was the point of Kuon's body? Was it really just a replacement for Kuro's body? If so why? Is his head the only thing that doesn't age?

Kuon was created specifically for Kurou - as he needs to replace his body every 100 years or so. The reason Kurou has to change bodies every 100 years is because when he drank Kuromitsu's blood, Benkei chopped his head off before the blood could finish mixing. Kuon is actually a 'complete' immortal like Kuromitsu. She created him in hopes that giving Kurou an immortal body would eliminate the need for him to switch bodies. It's not that his body doesn't age, it's just that it can't take the constant damage and regeneration. After awhile it begins to weaken until he can't move anymore.

I can see from the very end that they did not actually "go back in time" since there was buildings destroyed all around the forest that Kuro and Benkei where in. I can only guess that this is a never ending cycle that Kuro and Kuromitsu created into order to survive and keep their relationship fresh.

Not so much to keep their relationship fresh as it is a necessity of Kurou switching bodies. As she is being pursued, Kuromitsu can't exactly wait around for Kurou to finish joining to his new body and she has faith in him that he'll find her.

Also the evil old guy was still not explained other then he wanted Kuromitsu dead...

The 'evil old guy' is Benkei. He was jealous of Kurou for his relationship with Kuromitsu. He betrayed Kurou to the group that was chasing them at the time and found out that Kuromitsu is immortal. He spends the next 1000 years chasing her so that he could tell her his feelings. A little bit crazy and obsessive? Yeah, but look what she did to Koun. This is a woman who has a great power over men.

Overall, the 'ending' is left up for the viewer to decide. Was it a dream? Possibly, but the destroyed landscape around the jungle suggests not.

good explanation!
and i loved how Etiki linked this with chaos theory!
i felt sad because of poor Kuro. he wanted to die and end the never ending cycle but selfish Kuromitsu actually doesn't care about this and wants him forever by her side. but again i guess her love was so strong...
this was one of the masterpieces for me and that opening is fantastic <3
sorashikaMay 6, 2013 5:41 PM
私の力はあなたの理解を超えています
Jun 18, 2013 10:30 AM

Oct 2009
6/10

this anime had so much potential to be a very powerful 10/10 anime with plenty of high quality action to boot.

unfortunately, the execution and direction were bad...
Jul 14, 2013 11:46 AM

Oct 2009
This was stupid as fuck. First episode was great, it started out like a thriller romance story and i was looking forward to that, but sure it took a different turn, future he got amnesia and start looking for Kuromistu, the story from that point went to shit. There actually wasn't much of story in it all, pretty much everything turned out the way i expected it too, except i thought MAYBE both Kuro and Kuromitsu might die in the end. But NOOO..that ending i am guessing was their lives repeating over and over again, every time Kuro gets beheaded..But i thought Kuromitsu made Kuon to make Kuro actually immortal so he doesn't need to switch bodies and lose he's memory, so then dafuq?!

Very disappointing, the fights weren't that great at all, the first few were great that's about it.

5/10

Might check out the manga, since apparently it's better..
Jul 26, 2013 4:07 PM

Apr 2012
WTF! WTF! WTF!
She cuts off his head dumps him off in the middle of nowhere and expects him to find her. When he actually does find her she cuts his off his head again. Rinse and repeat.
For a second there I thought he was setting her up by saying the trigger sentence that makes her cut off his head, but no. He actually had no clue what was coming. I guess that many decapitations gave him some serious brain damage or something. Why else would he be so stupid?
Oh? But wait. He goes back in time before the great disaster.
Hmm? What's this? A new plot twist, more like plot hole, or just plain bad writing. As it turns out, it was all in his head. So let me get this straight, nothing happened?! What's the point of even making this then? What a waist of money.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Sep 6, 2013 9:42 PM

Aug 2013
WTF.
セクシーヒップスター
Nov 10, 2013 8:24 AM
Aug 2012
so y is he allways decapitated? if his head doesnt age neither would his body cld anyone explain tht to me ?
Jan 30, 2014 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
n I was so happy to see his mad skills again, ending felt like a giant middle finger at the very end it look like it was staged to be like how it was in the past when they first met when it started zooming out n u saw the city
May 10, 2014 6:42 AM
May 2014
that was a very sad ending.
can only hope that technology will advance to a point where kuromitsu can create a body that lasts longer so poor kuro can live in peace, because she is definitely not letting him die.

(or a kuro cyborg)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What happened after the first two episodes?

removed-user - Mar 2

4 by wiederherr »»
Mar 5, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 7 Discussion

kie_ - Nov 20, 2008

41 by iChante »»
Sep 1, 2022 2:14 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 7, 2008

96 by Ballisto »»
Jan 25, 2021 9:03 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 8 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 28, 2008

37 by OweynLupton »»
Jul 25, 2020 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 10 Discussion

kie_ - Dec 15, 2008

36 by SilentSword114 »»
Jun 12, 2020 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.