Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 18, 2013 3:24 AM

Sep 2010
hiroshiaozora said:

On topic:

I don't think they'll be producing Stage 3 anytime soon. Stage 1 contained material from volume 1 up to the end of volume 5 and Stage 2 from volume 6 to about the ending of volume 16. Considering Stage 1 had some filler episodes and some episodes based on stories in the Reverse Novels and Stage 2 being all canon, I'd say if they were to make Stage 3, assuming Stage 3 would be 51 or 52 episodes like the first two stages, they would need more material for 50 or so episodes. So, if they were to make Stage 3 with no fillers they would probably need about 11 volumes worth of material which is not available currently. Volumes 17 to 23 is 7 volumes and if these chapters were to be animated into a third stage they'd likely need 15 to 20 episodes of filler, this is of course considering the pacing of the previous seasons.

Personally, I think after the series has more material to work from I'd like to see an anime remake like they've done with Hunter x Hunter. I'd also love to see the Snow Fragment story from the third Reverse Novel animated. Just thinking about several scenes from the manga being animated which have yet to be animated gets me pumped!

Totally agreed, sir. Hope Hoshino will get better soon and keep drawing the manga. I don't care whether it's a Stage 3 or a remake (I would love to see Madhouse do a remake though) as long as the story ends clearly. I mean, considering the cliffhanger at chapter 218 and it's almost been a year without a chapter or news about DGM, what should we fans do? :/
Nov 5, 2013 11:54 AM

Feb 2011
*tl;drs last few posts*

Idk I still am hoping for a surprise new chapter, but... at the same time I think it's going to take a while. BTW something tells me Hoshino Katsura's illness isn't so serious. I mean she did original character designs for Kakumeiki Valvrave meanwhile...

My assumption for her excuse is that character designs take much less work than manga chapters and she wanted to do something but hasn't had enough energy for another chapter, or some other side trouble like law or publisher or something...

Well let's see what happens in the future.
- This is a bucket.
- Dear god...
- There's more!
- No...
Nov 13, 2013 6:53 AM

Apr 2011
The simplest answer is that her illness probably causes her to work slowly &/or requires a lot of rest. That makes things difficult, but it doesn't mean she has to quit. I'm glad her employer has stood by her and kept her *manageably* busy all this time. Companies have a tendency to overwork people in Japan, but hopefully they're adapting to her pace, since the new volume of DGM is selling as well as ever. :)
Jun 1, 2014 7:44 AM

Apr 2008
I'm not buying her illness excuse one bit at this point. She clearly lost control and interest of her own creation by complying too much to the fanbase's whims.
Jun 2, 2014 8:13 AM

Jul 2013
No one's know yet.
Jun 7, 2014 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
Darklight0303 said:
I'm not buying her illness excuse one bit at this point. She clearly lost control and interest of her own creation by complying too much to the fanbase's whims.
Same thoughts here. Her "Illness" let her somehow design the Valvrave stuff. Makes sense...
Jun 9, 2014 6:13 AM

Apr 2008
I don't know, drawing a design is vastly different than the work it would take to draw a manga, you really can't compare them.

Honestly I do have a theory on what has happened though. After her first hiatus for her illness, when she came back her art changed and the story became much more convoluted. I wondered if she wasn't having someone else draw for her , like a ghost writer would for an author. Her still trying to tell the story while someone else does the work. By doing this she has lost sight on where her own manga is going now and disheartened by it's quality.

What I think should happen now is a book released, could even be a fanbook that just explains everything. So so many questions are left unasked, I then let the story finally be closed.
Jun 24, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2013
The only reasonable thing is to assume that it is on hiatus, NOT cancelled, since its status is on going/publishing. Just have in mind that Togashi had Hunter x Hunter on hiatus for 2 years. Hoshino didn't complete 2 years of hiatus yet and I'm not saying that she should. All we can do is wait and support the mangaka.

Also, I would be TRULY hurt if it was actually cancelled, it is one of my personal favorites. Cancelling it just in the middle of the story would be disappointing after all the effort Hoshino put in it, seriously.

“In all things, the heart must take precedence. The heart rules over all things, and all things come from the heart.”

Jun 26, 2014 9:29 PM

Apr 2013
Rather then ending the series... i rather find out if the author wants to just put the manga on "hiatus" status forever... because if they do... at least I can know how to "hope" for any more >.>

Jul 1, 2014 7:14 PM

Oct 2013
If the mangaka can't continue the series because of her hands. She could make someone continue the story for her and just tell them what to do, or make a light novel.
Jul 2, 2014 7:38 PM

Jul 2010
I will wait for it to have a descent ending .
Jul 17, 2014 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
I agree with duderus.

I would love for this manga to finish, and for another anime.

It would be a severe disappointment to leave the story unfinished on a cliffhanger, a true shame ;(

but if the hiatus because of illness really isn't true, and she has no plans to work on it in the future, she really should make a statement so us hardcore d gray man fans can at least know that our dreams are shattered and don't keep hoping for a new chapter that's never coming ;(

I really hope that's not the case though..

Someone in Japan needs to send a letter to the publisher or hoshino sensei and get an answer on if its even possible to continue the manga (because of copyrights or whatever) or if it is most likely to never return
Aug 25, 2014 9:07 AM

Feb 2011
Well I have found some news on this matter and I must say, it's not Hoshino's fault that this manga is still on hiatus, but JumpSQ's. Hoshino is working hard to get her rights back right now. As soon as she gets, she'll restart the manga
- This is a bucket.
- Dear god...
- There's more!
- No...
Aug 25, 2014 9:34 AM

Jun 2014
I think that Hoshino-san cares a lot about her series so I very much doubt she would give up on it. Besides, on every single site it says that D.Gray-man is ongoing. It's merely on hiatus, no official canceling so far (thank god).

Anyway, there are a lot of theories about why it's on hiatus, but one of them is that because she gets sick so often and has to keep putting the manga on hiatus her publisher dropped her. Another is that there was a dispute (I think for translations) about dropping pages important to the story and stuff to save money. She didn't want that so she left her publisher. Either way, the end result of both stories is that her old publisher still owns half the rights to D.Gray-man and she doesn't have the funds to buy them, so she's trying to get the money to do so.
THIS IS ONLY WHAT I'VE HEARD SO DON'T FORM AN ARMY AGAINST ME IF I'M INCORRECT >.<

Anyway, I still have hope for this manga because I love it and I REALLY don't want it to end like this ;-;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 250 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Jan 22

8 by OnimeNoShin »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 251 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 24

6 by Illyricus »»
Apr 27, 2:47 AM

» How is d gray man? Should you get into it?

MonadProxyy - Feb 21, 2022

18 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Mar 17, 2:49 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 249 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 26, 2023

7 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Jan 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 242 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 9, 2021

14 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.