Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 28, 2008 11:16 AM

Nov 2008
Leon-Gun said:
zerron said:
Leon-Gun said:
zerron said:
What kind of ability is "vector change" ? Is it to change the direction of every moving object or what ?
I think by his explanation it sounds like he changes movement from one direction to exactly the opposite. Kinda like one of the laws of physics that states that for every force there's an equal opposite force. He basically replaces the original force with it's opposite. I don't exactly recall much of my Physics class, so forgive me if that's a very rough explanation.

That would mean that the changes in movement that he could do are limited - he can't move an object where he wants - only in direction of the opposite force, right ? For example, if there is a rock on the ground, he could only move it up in the air ...
Yes, that seems to be the case if you go by his explanation. Plus it needs to be in close range. He needed to touch her blood when he reversed the flow, for example. But if that's the case it explains why the default use is to reflect, since anything going in his direction basically gets sent back by his power. But I bet they will twist his power into doing things beyond what he says it can. Shonen is always like that after all, trying to make things seem flashy hoping it will make you forget the little details (like how the kitty should have been killed by the amount of energy Mikoto used to fry Touma).

Yeah, me and my friend found the way to kill Accelerator for real use Misaka's friend teleportation girl. Give her a space suit and Accelerator in space is Bye Bye! He will not survive and his vector cannot do anything against teleportation.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 28, 2008 5:46 PM

May 2007
That was a little repetive

Move, no
Move, no
Move, no
Move, no

Really boring.
My anime list
Jan 3, 2009 8:04 PM
Oct 2007
How was Schrödingers cat explained well!

It most definitly was not- the though experiment had nothing to do with people's beliefs or thoughts.

It was made up to make fun of quantum physics by highlighting apparent absurdities about the uncertainty principle. I.e that a particle isn't actually in any particular state(location, velocity) until it is observed, and until then can just be considered as having a certain probably of being in a particular state.

Schrödingers relied on quantum effects(Nuclear decay), effecting macroscopic objects
cat.

The problem with the cat business is that even if what's inside the box is isolated from the rest of the universe (impossible), it ends up interacting with itself (observing itself) thus collapsing any wave function.

I sort of tried explaining it proper but srly- go look it up on wikipedia or something...
Jan 6, 2009 9:14 AM

Feb 2008
vindemon64 said:
I disagree. I thought this episode was stretched out entirely too long. Granted, all the episodes of this anime are stretched out more than needed, but it was the same freaking conversation for pretty much the entire second half of the show.

Well, either way. I want to see Touma and the white-haired dude in a fight.

Lol...isn't this show supposed to be about Index?

noteDhero said:
Nonsense episode. Nonsense experiment, nonsense logic, nonsense fight.

I have to agree. What a disappointment. After two very nice episodes I had to watch this boring and unintentionally funny part. ;p

Hopefully the next one will be better again....
Jan 11, 2009 9:51 PM

May 2008
lol, that wasn't schrodinger's theory... >.<

Good episode, but a bit slow. Moar Index plz
Jan 21, 2009 6:15 AM

Nov 2007
wtf, this is the most ugliest episode ever.

too much nonsense going on around and the whole episode's topic is all about misaka telling touma to move out of the way and touma telling misaka that he will not move out of the way. Wasted 20 mins of my life.

1/5 for me, i hope they make up for the next episode.
Feb 11, 2009 3:08 PM

Apr 2008
Nyeah it was ok , was expecting more Accelerator time, but I guess that's for 13. Was a bit too long on the bridge there... devoting a whole episode to it, hmmmm
Feb 16, 2009 6:03 PM

May 2008
Slightly confusing with the timeline and company limitations thing.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Apr 30, 2009 2:13 PM

Jul 2008
I'm gonna have to agree with everyone and say that this was quite the boring episode. Definitely the worst of the series so far. I just kept waiting for the bridge scene to end. Then, the episode ended and we were still at the same scene.

It was the same conversation "I'm not letting you die," Touma said. "I'll just kill you then," Mikoto said. The fight wasn't a fight. It was just Mikoto jolting Touma and him just standing there taking it. The next episode looks like it'll make up for this one. Hopefully it will, at least.
Sep 5, 2009 5:10 PM
Aug 2009
Useless dialogs - 99%

Classic (Aristotel's) logic - 0% (I totally do not understand their motives, especially mikoto's. Some of their logical passages are BULLSHIT)

"Schrodinger' cat" experiment variant - WRONG! (It speaks about non-definite state in QUANIUM level BEFORE OBSERVATION)

Mamoru-taskete-trend: 99%

Analysis result: series is moving to standard mamoru-daijobu-yamero-taskete-harem-templated anime with so called deepness.
Oct 9, 2009 9:59 AM

Jul 2009
noname2007 said:
Useless dialogs - 99%

Classic (Aristotel's) logic - 0% (I totally do not understand their motives, especially mikoto's. Some of their logical passages are BULLSHIT)

"Schrodinger' cat" experiment variant - WRONG! (It speaks about non-definite state in QUANIUM level BEFORE OBSERVATION)

Agree with you there, this episode had way too much uneventful boring dialogue, especial between Mikoto and Touma on the bridge.. yawn^^

And as you say their explination of Schrödinger's theory was way off, though I dint mind it too much because Index angry face made up for all of it =D
In fact it her cute face was probably the best part in this entire episode.
Jan 2, 2010 10:18 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
Just you wait, I'm sure that this experiment will somehow be tied to Index. Maybe the Board is after her. Maybe Accellerator is trying to be a level 6 because he wants to protect Index. Some corny banality will tie her in somehow.
FUCKING LOL'D.

Anyway - this episode was pretty much a
"move", "no", "move now", "no", but anyway Mikoto's character is okay so she helped being stuck on a bridge of going to no where.
Jan 4, 2010 3:40 AM

Dec 2008
For me the Accelerator makes no sense, why must he kill such a number of Misaka Clones,
which are obviously no match for his ability.

Or do they only want to show how cruel sciene can be?

the bridge scene was too long, Touma should have let her pass and just follow her.

hope the next episode will be better, since I liked every episode so far, but 12 was not so good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2010 5:37 PM

Apr 2009
Worst eposide in anime...
Jan 18, 2010 4:12 PM

Aug 2009
How the fuck is Touma not dead after those electric attacks from Mikoto? He clearly didn't use Imagine Breaker and yet he still survived that last attack, wow.

Also, now I know what's the purpose of those sisters. I bet Accelarator's going to be the final boss or something. Mikoto was damn cute in this episode. I hope she don't follow her suicide plan. Come one Touma, go psycho again and kill Accelarator!

Plus, I didn't get Komoe's explanation about the cat and espers. Heck, it even confused me rather than solving the questions, lol.
Apr 21, 2010 2:28 AM

Aug 2008
Just when I was beginning to think Misaka is quite moe, she goes and scream her head off. argh one reason why I'm not a fan of Satou Rina.
Jun 19, 2010 1:18 AM

Jan 2010
Huh, I rather liked this episode. I suppose it could've been shortened a bit, but I wasn't thinking that as I watched the episode. There was a ton of new information, as well as a struggle between two good characters--the whole scene wouldn't have worked well if it wasn't clear why they were doing what they did. Hence all the dialogue.
Maybe I'm just a big Touma fan. He's such a freaking nice guy.
Jul 1, 2010 8:55 PM

Jun 2009
just-away said:
So unless that cat has some godly powers that last blast should have made some fried cat considering it was standing closer to the rail gun than Toma

This.
Aug 16, 2010 4:55 PM
Jul 2010
Heh, it's almost like pokemon. In order to get to level 6, Accelerator has to get enough experience points by killing weaker enemies. By that logic, after defeating Accelerator, Touma will gain enough experience to evolve into Allen Walker.
Aug 18, 2010 7:57 PM
Jan 2008
I thought it was the funniest episode ever. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!...... walks around him lols. All he had to do was hug her and maybe kiss her to stop her from going. i wish mikoto was living with him she is cuter than index.
batman3456Aug 18, 2010 8:03 PM
Sep 1, 2010 1:45 PM

Jun 2009
Schrödinger's cat theory explanation was sort of neat (not familiar with it but you peeps are saying it's wrong, so...lol) but everything else was downright boring. The clone explanation lacked logical sense as well. I'm sure if scientific minds can come up with a way to create a successful clone with the same powers as the original copy, then these scientists can find a better way to get a dude to Level 6 other than killing someone over and over again. It's like as each episode goes by, my rating for this series drops by a number.
fancyfoxSep 1, 2010 2:01 PM
Oct 5, 2010 10:24 PM

Nov 2009
It felt like this episode went nowhere. :(
Hmm... So if Accelerator kills 128 Railgun's he will evolve into a Level 6? Wow! This is like a RPG video game, strange.
I am surprised that the cat didn't fry from Mikoto's electric blast. O.O It must have the same powers as Touma. XD
Oct 27, 2010 11:40 AM
Nov 2009
Jrittmayer said:
just-away said:
So unless that cat has some godly powers that last blast should have made some fried cat considering it was standing closer to the rail gun than Toma

This.
Oct 27, 2010 11:40 AM
Nov 2009
Jrittmayer said:
just-away said:

This.
Nov 7, 2010 3:45 AM
Feb 2009
wow too much dramaaa
Dec 16, 2010 4:46 AM

Sep 2008
... Okay. I didn't dislike this episode, but I didn't really like it either, mainly because it felt like a repeat of itself, for the most part... After Komoe's amusing explanation of espers and one run-though of the conversation between Misaka and Touma, there seemed to be little real progression... Lots of Touma being fired at by the rail gun and not dying...

And yeah, seriously. Why is that cat not dead? ._.''
Dec 18, 2010 2:56 PM

Feb 2010
A whole episode on a bridge, with the same phrases the same people keep repeating. And an invincible cat.
Jan 15, 2011 3:40 PM

Aug 2010
Blutspender said:
A whole episode on a bridge, with the same phrases the same people keep repeating. And an invincible cat.

ALL MY HATE
Jan 25, 2011 12:46 PM

Oct 2008
I remembered what this reminds me of Gakuen Alice, was basically a school for kids with some kind of telepathy, except for the protagonist who's power was just the power to neutralize other powers.

Enjoyed this episode, kind of slow with a majority of it being on the bridge there, but finally thought of the name for the anime I was thinking of!
Jan 31, 2011 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
I think they spent the entire episode on that bridge.

So those girls weren't androids or anything like that? They were actual human beings? Damn these people! That is beyond a lack of respect for human life. The sisters have practically no value. Something like that can't be forgiven.

That said, I can't believe this entire episode took place in that one location, with things only broken up by the flashback. That's just unacceptable. This show has serious pacing and timing issues.

Feb 5, 2011 7:00 PM

Oct 2010
lol @ Index for destroying a super comp by mistake.
Very nice episode but I still think he should come clean with his memory loss issue.
huh?
Feb 22, 2011 3:41 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty draw out episode, but for Touma being a real badass and Mikoto being awesome, it was still a very good episode.

Next up is the confrontation with Accelerator. Should be good.

Apr 10, 2011 10:31 PM

Feb 2011
Again, I love the drawn out dialogues, really lets you feel the emotion of the characters. After watching Bakemonogatari and Durarara!!, ive really grown to love the back and forth nature of these conflict-filled conversations.

Also the lightning effects were extremely well done, awesome episode.

Apr 14, 2011 6:17 AM

Feb 2011
i know it's necessarily but seems it grows irritating for me now when someone acts like a hero so lamely =-=
Apr 15, 2011 6:32 AM
Jul 2010
Ok, I really liked this episode but... Man, while Misaka's story was interesting and I felt really bad for her, when Touma tried to stop her from getting herself killed on purpose, they had the same conversation over and over for like 10 min. Not to mention the guy survived all those shocks including the "all out" one...

One thing I liked was that the "Tree Diagram" had been destroyed by Index. Really, in that episode I felt like it had been totally random. You know, pretty much unnecessary. But that scene was there for a reason and it makes me happy.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention something. Shrodinger's cat is already confusing enough on its own, please don't make it even more confusing Komoe-sensei.
hontobakaApr 15, 2011 6:58 AM
May 18, 2011 6:28 PM

Sep 2009
That was...absolutely horrid. Did they seriously just spend an entire episode with the two babbling on about the same thing and Touma getting shocked, falling down, and getting up ad infinitum? Serious Naruto vibes from this episode.
May 24, 2011 11:49 PM

Jun 2010
After this episode i dropped this anime. It was so boring and pointless. Touma's will to stop Misaka and Misaka's will to fight are so illiogical to me. Guys, why are you doing this?

I was so angried, that went to read some spoilers about Index, just to get interested in watching this anime to the end. And i haven't found any spoilers.

Actually, i never drop anime in the middle (only Street Fighter movie, but it was really unwatchable), but after 12th episode i realized that for me Index was boring and illogocal all the time. So i dropped it... and start watching Monster... and now i'm happy ^-^
May 28, 2011 11:15 PM

Jul 2010
SideCharacter said:
The reason that the cat is still alive is that it

a) Is God~meow(congrats to those who get the reference)[to make it even more blatant the keyword is "bodyheat"
b)the cat is the true user of Imagine breaker
c)touma protected the cat
d)the author forgot about it till after that scene and remembered later so added in that line after to keep people from thinking he was cruel enough to kill off a kitten

lmao, u could also say that the imagine breaker rubbed off on to the cat. though we dont know if it can even be rubbed off to another thing, lol

Jun 7, 2011 7:28 AM

Aug 2010
Touma = Terminator, lol
Saving clones? Come on, they are just CLONES, I wouldn't even thought about dying for them.
I think next episode will be the last one for me, I'm fed up with this show.
Mar 10, 2012 1:01 PM

Jul 2011
Nice we finally get to see what accelerator is all about next episode.

Yeah I agree as much as I love me some Misaka, This episode could have been better if it was trimmed a bit, it did get a bit redundant, but hey the first half of this episode was great.
Jun 30, 2012 4:21 AM

Jun 2012
What is up with the level system that they have? What defines whether you are a level 5 or 6? What is the difference? I notice that the whole level system is quite poorly explained/developed. How is this system at all justified if there is nothing supporting it? That’s like me saying that I’m level 1 million when I’m just an ordinary guy. See what I’m saying? I have nothing supporting my statement, so therefore it is invalid. This level system concept needs some serious refinement or justification.
Another thing, how come it hasn’t shown anyone else’s physic abilities to this point? If the whole city is filled with physics, then how come we’ve only seen a few to this point? And why hasn’t there been any level 1’s 2’s 3’s 4’s that we’ve seen?
How come the Misaka clones just let themselves be killed for the sake of some experiment? If they wanted to, they could just escaped or all teamed up on him 20,000 to 1. Again this brings up my point that they act more like robots rather than clones.
Never go full retard
Aug 19, 2012 9:30 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
This episodes was too long and slow. There was really "too much" talking, and all that talking wasn't too interesting either, mainly consisted of Touma saying don't go, then gets shocked and repeat....., at least he shoulda done something like hug Misaka or slap her o.O? LOOOL Why is Touma not dead from all those lightning attacks anyways??? Pacing really slowing down in the middle of the series, the beginning few episodes was really WOW! I want to see the action!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 4, 2012 11:53 PM

Sep 2010
so much sexual tension at the end.
Dec 22, 2012 10:54 PM

Jun 2009
I don't mind dialogue heavy series. Hell, I have LoGH and Fate/Zero in my favorites, but this was ridiculously dull. It didn't help that the dialogue and even Touma getting struck by Mikoto's railgun was repetitive. Also, there is something about Touma that just annoys me. I think it's his "no your wrong!" logic when he doesn't even really listen to the other person.
Ston3_FreeN7Dec 22, 2012 11:03 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 6, 2013 7:26 AM

Dec 2012
The last few episodes were pretty good, and then... this? All that whining to each other reminded me of Naruto. I sincerely hope they will stop doing that.
Jan 31, 2013 10:32 AM

May 2012
Interesting information that we're given here in this episode, the ending especially was something nice... lets see what's next!
Apr 16, 2013 1:03 PM

Nov 2011
Liked it !

Perhaps the only episode that is less interesting than those belonging to the arch of the Sisters Storytelling interesting and boring as the discordant mollifying! Drawings and animations rough in some places!
Jun 8, 2013 4:51 AM

Dec 2010
I didn't expect Mikasa to be as selfless person 0.o I never saw it coming.

This anime hasn't got the usual story flow. I cant really follow what's going on, at the moment, because of this.
Jul 2, 2013 1:34 PM

May 2013
when will touma and accelerator fight ive been waiting like 3 episodes hopefully next ep they will fight
Sep 6, 2013 4:43 PM

Feb 2012
This is one of the most pointless episodes I have ever seen. Toma did nothing productive with what he did. I would feel better if he would offer some plan, but he just said shoot me. He's a bleeding heart protagonist that doesn't try to offer constructive ways forward; he only calls other people out on what he feels they are wrong in doing.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 15, 2008

146 by whitebeartigtig »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

200 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 4:40 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2008

151 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 3:50 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 25, 2008

157 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 18, 2008

159 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 24, 2:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.