Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Feb 27, 2021 10:43 AM

Feb 2021
A great episode to finish a great anime!
Apr 4, 2021 1:44 PM

Feb 2020
Great finale.

Overall, an excellent season. This is really the peak of idol anime.

Interesting story, cute and likable characters, and many beautiful songs.

Tojo Nozomi is the best girl. <3

SerafosNov 24, 2023 10:28 AM
Aug 16, 2021 11:32 AM

Nov 2013
edit: i watched this 1 month ago but posted the comment on season 2 instead... LOL

well season 1 is over

i wanted to watch it for years, and a few months after starting SIF game, i finally made my mind to watch it
obviously playing the game before makes the anime more fun, since we know the girls, some of their catchphrases etc

anyway, my complain is obviously going for Honoka from episode 11, like i commented there, i can't believe she went running the night before the live... IN THE FREAKING RAIN, after Umi literally telling her to NOT get sick... that made episode 11 and 12 hard to watch...
that drama was okay and i guess it was needed, but i wish it had a better reason...

other than that, fantastic anime, had loads of fun, laughed way too much

favorite girls are obviously Nico (the most famous and also one of the most funny) and Honoka (the lead and the most energetic), with mentions to Rin-Nya (for her energy kinda comparable to Honoka) and Nozomi (for her ecchi scenes caring nature lols)

i thought about dropping my score for reasons i already mentioned ...but i'll be nice and give it a 10 just because i already love this franchise :D

NICO NICO NI, now into watching more seasons (soon hopefully) with my Nico Nico smile :p
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 2, 2022 10:40 AM

Jan 2022
Well there's the end. Honestly, other than the pacing and animation I really had no issues with it. Absolutely loved the songs and performances, overall I'd say a 7/10 and Rin's definitely my favourite. Can't wait to start season two tonight.

+ a character tier list nobody asked for or cares about smile

Jul 22, 2022 7:58 PM

Aug 2020
The finale. ALL i can say is what an awesome journey this is. The u's persevered until the end experiencing countless hardships. All the drama were resolved and we got that happy ending we all been waiting for. (´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡

Umi encouraging Honooka, and Honoka stopping Kotori was the best scenes is this episode. The roll coll and performance at thend was awe-inspiring. After watching the series I felt motivated and productive in my life. What a great show. u's music start!!! The excitement I felt throughout the series is still lingering. I can't wait to watch season 2.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Sep 16, 2022 11:34 PM
Nov 2020
goated with the sauce forever on
Oct 22, 2022 3:04 AM

Jan 2015
Super nice finale to a wonderful season, still hit hard on rewatch after so many years. Wish I had the second season downloaded already, ah well, will watch the OVA.

Honoka's wonderful selfishness saving Kotori cause of her experiences alongside everyone, really nice! Hey! Hey! Hey! Start Dash!
Jan 1, 2023 12:18 AM

Aug 2014
In the end they performed together again. Nicee
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Apr 20, 2023 4:19 AM

Dec 2020
You know if Kotori was really really interested in fashion then this would be really messed up. Having a contact, and an opportunity to study that especially over seas is huge. It's like a one in a lifetime opportunity for some people.

But overall happy ending. Pacing seemed fast in some parts, too many characters to have too in depth development and more slice of life than an actual main focus of being an idol.

Enjoyed it still.
Apr 23, 2023 1:25 PM

Feb 2020
And this concludes my first experience with a real idol anime (Zombieland Saga doesn't really count, K-On neither).
And well, it was pretty much how I expected it to be. A lot of forced drama, a message that is good on surface but clumsy in the way it is handled, rather forgettable songs (in my opinion) but it is still an endearing show with likable characters.
Speaking of characters, I'll first try to give my opinion on each one of them before talking about a point that bothered me quite a lot :

-Honoka : well, she belongs to the type of main characters I'm not fond of, that is the overly enthusiastic mc ready to do anything without thinking about the consequences and bringing everyone into it no matter if they actually want to, and yet is still praised as a wonderful person. That annoys me. However, Honoka isn't the worst example of this trope, she is likable and endearing and I liked that she came to aknowledge her flaws. The problem is : she's ultimately been comforted in keeping being this way. I'll talk about this later.
-Umi : I like her, she didn't get much development but she is a good down-to-earth character who is actually quite refreshing due to being the serious type while being a genuine softie and above all being often completely in the right in a very reasonable way. Too bad she is mainly responsible for what I said regarding Honoka's undone development.
-Kotori : She isn't a bad character but, aside from Honoka, she is the one I blame the most when it comes to forced drama. I felt like they absolutely wanted her to be the distressed cutie but it felt a bit shoehorned. Her conflict could've been interesting but it really suffered from this clumsy approach I mentionned.
-Nico : As I expected, she's probably my favorite for now, and that's not because of the meme. Not only is she the funniest, but she is also refreshing in that she is a tsundere yet rather easily displays her soft side. Not only that, but I get where she is coming from (she's actually the one I understand the most out of all of them) and, in a show about idols, I really like to see one who actually takes this seriously, it's interesting to see. Of course, it's still a bit naive in its approach but still, it's a nice addition to the cast. But that's the thing though : due to, in a way, being the most realistic take on a japanese idol, she really has the potential to be a very interesting character, but she unfortunately isn't in the right show for this. Also, I really disliked how she was constantly being ignored by the other girls, it is already wrong coming from them to just ignore one of them, but considering her backstory it comes off as incredibly insensitive yet is portrayed as a joke and even something she deserves. It's a weird way of handling things.
-Eri : It's not at all that I don't like her, but I have two main issues with her. The first one is that her motives behind her attempt to cancel Honoka and cie's club felt way too much like a remake of Nico's own motives. The second is that she changed way too abruptly. I think it would've been better to see her soften more gradually, although the fast pacing is something I reproach to the show as a whole.
-Nozomi : I like her "wise and caring yet a bit of a weirdo" character, however, of course, I'm not at all a fan of her gimmick. Also, I hope we'll get some insight into her character in season 2, she is intriguing.
-Maki : I really liked her a the beginning due to her shy and grumpy yet genuily caring personality. Unforunately, aside from one episode she's been considerably relegated to the sidelines which made me lose interest, although I'm totally open to seeing more development for her in season 2.
-Hanayo : I liked her in her focus episode due to being a very relatable depiction of a socially awkward young girl, but she completely lost this aspect afterwards and... Well, that's not how it works so it really annoyed me, and she became much less interesting as a result. Also, come on, can we just get a character who keeps their glasses even after becoming more confident for once ?
-Rin : I honestly don't have much to say because she is the least developed girl. The thing about her being insecure about her tomboyish looks and attitude could've made for something interesting but it's never been brought up again. I can only say one thing : I really disliked the way she pushed Hanayo into joining the club. It's been portrayed as something positive but in real life, it's actually quite a toxic behaviour. That's part of the issue I have with the message.

And speaking of the message : it's a good one. A truly good one. But the execution is... questionable, to say the least. As I said, Honoka's character was going in the right direction when she realized how selfish she had been, yet the show encouraged her in being selfish. No, that's not the right thing. Being optimistic and enthusiastic is great, but forcing people into doing things they don't want to do and always deciding for them is completely wrong. Maybe it works in the show but in real life, there's no way this kind of behaviour can lead to something good. Another thing I didn't like was how the only time she's been called out on her behaviour was when she blamed herself for the band's failure and decided to leave the team. Take Eri's comment for example, there's something wrong about her calling Honoka out on her guilt complex because this is "vain and only making everyone uncomfortable". The girl's been completely unaware of her selfishness for years, she finally realizes it and decides to take responsibility for her mistakes, and she gets called out on THAT instead of on everything she's done before ? I mean, of course her decision wasn't the right one but the root of the problem was elsewhere and I wish the show truly aknowledged that. Plus, Eri's comment and the other's behaviour is wrong in that blaming someone for beating themselves up over something they believe to be personally responsible for is definitely not better than them feeling guilty for this. I mean, if you're really uncomfortable about this, the best thing to do would be to try to talk to them, not get mad at them for this. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect high-schoolers to have a perfectly mature reaction to this situation (although they're not kids, and Eri's been portrayed as being a mature and responsible person), my problem lies in the way the show portrays it as being the right thing. It's not, just like pushing people and disrespecting their fears, insecurities and wishes isn't the right thing to do either. That should be obvious but apparently, the show decided otherwise.

So overall I liked this show, I truly did but it has some big flaws and that's a shame because the ideas are there and could make for something very good.
I give it a 6/10, I'm curious to see if season 2 will fix some of what I criticized.
FafetteApr 23, 2023 1:33 PM
May 2, 2023 8:53 AM
Jul 2020
Episode finale felt really rushed to be honest, but still delivered nonetheless. And oh god when they performed start dash, my eyes were getting teary, actually wild.

Overall s1 was great, just that there were areas that didn't feel like it would've belonged, mainly, probably the drama(honoka, kotori, umi drama) or perhaps the execution was rushed at those parts. Still a strong 8 though, but its quite a shame that anything higher comes off as undeserving for me. I personally have this thing about cgdct music anime, and the show is great, just that its stuck at 8.

Looking forward to s2, and future seasons of LL!

Oh and just an addition. The op is so fucking addicting. I've literally replayed the song both on spotify and the op version at youtube today for over 100 times(no sarcasm intended), and it doesn't get old. Crazy.
laaalaMay 3, 2023 7:49 PM
Jul 12, 2023 11:50 AM

Aug 2021
this show is shit i hate everybody here theyre all so annoying
Apr 22, 11:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Finally got around to watching the original Love Live, and it's definitely on par with the best of the Nijigasaki and Superstar versions. No wonder why I kept seeing people comparing them to this when I was keeping up with the 2 new ones in episode discussion forums. Gotta save the school! Guess that's not a new concept, after all.

I've seen the Nico Nico Nii chants countless times and it's nice to finally have some proper relevance. Also, fun fact, but my birthday coincides with Hanayo Koizumi-chan from the Muse lineup. Bonus, this xD.

7/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

204 by Salty_Cookie »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.