Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 5, 2013 10:44 AM

Feb 2011
pink-lemonade said:
Doaj said:
I came to check in on news for when this might start, and it's a tragedy in here! Might be shorts? Might be delayed? Egad, can't we get a good horror anime? Is that really too much to ask of the season?

My thoughts exactly. I was really looking forward to this show, so hopefully things will pan out...

^^

This. If it's a short I will punch myself in the face.
Oct 5, 2013 11:34 PM

Nov 2012
Damn it. Why does one of my most anticipated anime has to be delayed? I also hope that it's not going to be a short, but for now let's hope that it's going to air this fall.
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Oct 6, 2013 2:58 AM
Oct 2013
Its Weird?????

Oct 7, 2013 5:55 AM

Apr 2011
JohnGalt89 said:
-My Little Sister Can't Be This Delicious
-Crisp x Sis

Some alternate titles, maybe?

"My Youth Romantic Incest Anime is Cannibalistic as I Expected"
"I Couldn't Become a Normal Sister, so I Reluctantly Decided to Eat My Brother"
Oct 8, 2013 10:47 AM

Feb 2012
it will not be a short, it is just going to be delayed a couple weeks. deep breaths people. lol but i understand because this is one of my most looked forward to this season as well.
Oct 8, 2013 11:57 AM

Nov 2011
miss_cindyrella said:
it will not be a short, it is just going to be delayed a couple weeks. deep breaths people. lol but i understand because this is one of my most looked forward to this season as well.

Someone I know had a good point about this - he said that the delay is strong evidence that they won't be shorts since they require many many times less work than full length episodes.
Oct 8, 2013 12:01 PM

Nov 2009
Kamax said:
Damn it. Why does one of my most anticipated anime has to be delayed? I also hope that it's not going to be a short, but for now let's hope that it's going to air this fall.
There are still new anime coming out, Pupa isn't the only one being delayed...
probably should wait for one more week after this, about 10 more animes are still coming
Oct 8, 2013 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
I'm looking forward watching this, seems interesting. I didn't read the manga tho'.. I just hope it's not going to be something like Yosuga no Sora...
no
Oct 9, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2008
neontaster said:
Someone who actually knows Japanese should look at this. The author of the Pupa Manga, Mogi Sayaka, posted a blog entry regarding the anime, and from what I can understand it seems like it won't air in October, but will still air sometime during the fall. I'm not exactly sure I'm understanding this correctly, though.

http://pm0-3091.jugem.jp/?eid=1326

EDIT: According to a Japanese follower of mine on Twitter, the gist is that it won't air in first week of October but it will still air this season.

There are a couple of 10-episode anime (NouCome, Kyousou Giga) airing this season. My guess would be that Pupa is going to be like Nekomonogatari and will be 2-4 episodes long, airing in the spare timeslots between when one of those 10-episode Fall anime finish and the start of the Winter season.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Oct 9, 2013 7:59 AM

Aug 2013
This is getting more and more confusing. It's already past a week of this season with several anime shows aired already, yet the fate of this series is still hanging on the air. What's actually going on here?
Oct 9, 2013 9:17 AM

Nov 2012
it may be delayed for one or two weeks. Just be more little patient.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Oct 9, 2013 2:39 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
WorldInverse said:

Yeah, but its not like the producers don't know when its going to air. Its just not good sense, business-wise, to hide the release date and spring it upon everyone out of nowhere.
Oct 9, 2013 3:15 PM

Sep 2012
KingYoshi said:
WorldInverse said:

Yeah, but its not like the producers don't know when its going to air. Its just not good sense, business-wise, to hide the release date and spring it upon everyone out of nowhere.
At least it's just on Nico Nico Douga so it can pretty much just stream whenever it's ready. Would be messier if it was on TV.
Oct 10, 2013 4:52 AM

Dec 2011
ketiszkusz said:
I'm looking forward watching this, seems interesting. I didn't read the manga tho'.. I just hope it's not going to be something like Yosuga no Sora...

as far as I read (only 1st volume tho), it's far from there...
just like "cannibalism" being said in the front page, the most striking part from the manga is the gore...
Oct 10, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2012
At least the release timing is still This Fall on the official website and the Nico Nico Douga page (where the anime will be streamed).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 10, 2013 7:11 PM
Nov 2012
PV 2: http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/1381390729

Actual footage this time :o
Oct 10, 2013 7:51 PM

Nov 2011
Coolmanio said:

YouTube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkrnhU2nUqg

So creepy! I love it.
Oct 10, 2013 8:03 PM

Jun 2012
neontaster said:
Coolmanio said:

YouTube link:

So creepy! I love it.

Holy shit.
Oct 10, 2013 9:51 PM
Mar 2013
Shuhan said:
neontaster said:
Coolmanio said:

YouTube link:

So creepy! I love it.

Holy shit.

That Onii chan chant is going to become a meme some day.

Edit - Also, if anyone took a look at their website, you'd notice that the girl's teddy bear's nether region is torn. Assuming basic calculations done, terrifying.
DunoisOct 10, 2013 10:06 PM
[b]Join #myanimelist on RizonIRC![b]
(^∇^)

Oct 10, 2013 10:14 PM

Nov 2011
They have fake twitter accounts for the two siblings, and the one for the sister (Yume) just tweets the creepiest shit. Like "Onii-chan, I feel strange." "Eat, eat, eat my brother" (食べて、食べて、お兄ちゃんを食べて).
Oct 10, 2013 10:25 PM

Sep 2012
Earlier the seiyuu for the sister (Kido Ibuki at a still very tender age of 15) blogged about how tricky and difficult to produce the convincing "munching sound" for the eating scenes. Apparently a lot of food, including many bones, were brought into the recording studio, and Kido had to go through many very wild and definitely untidy eating routines to produce the noises/sounds for those scenes. The PV sort of gave us a glimpse of the achievement of the hard work Kido has made.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 10, 2013 10:53 PM

Apr 2008
Utsu utsu shimasu.
Oct 11, 2013 1:54 AM

Apr 2011
Will it have English subs on Nico Nico Douga?
Oct 11, 2013 1:58 AM

Sep 2012
Omg that creep me out. Nice work.
Oct 11, 2013 2:06 AM

Feb 2012
I guess this will indeed be an anime I must hide from my friends....

screw it! ima put a big picture of it on my school binder I carry around :3 "onii-chan"
Oct 11, 2013 2:14 AM

Sep 2012
AkkaAkka said:
Will it have English subs on Nico Nico Douga?
None are mentioned and I don't think that happens these days:
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/pupa

I hope they include bonus video of Kido Ibuki eating bones on the Blurays!
Oct 11, 2013 3:49 AM
Jul 2013
Pupa, I'll wait for you until the day you're done with your make-up.
Oct 11, 2013 5:43 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
Earlier the seiyuu for the sister (Kido Ibuki at a still very tender age of 15) blogged about how tricky and difficult to produce the convincing "munching sound" for the eating scenes. Apparently a lot of food, including many bones, were brought into the recording studio, and Kido had to go through many very wild and definitely untidy eating routines to produce the noises/sounds for those scenes. The PV sort of gave us a glimpse of the achievement of the hard work Kido has made.

Haha interesting. I studied audio production in college and I had to make similar sounds for a zombie movie project once. I used a bowl full of liquid soap and recorded myself squishing it around. Sounded just like blood and gore. Worked nicely.
neontasterOct 11, 2013 7:23 AM
Oct 12, 2013 5:39 PM
Aug 2010
Now we get something different than anime such as moe ....I looking forward to it
Oct 16, 2013 8:57 AM

Jun 2013
The manga is awesome!! Looking forward to the animated version.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Oct 16, 2013 5:47 PM

Oct 2009
Seems more and more likely it won't air this anime season. Chibi Unlimited on youtube talked about how the creators don't want to censor anything but the studios want it censored. Plus anichart removed it from their fall anime list. I don't know when it will air now.
Oct 16, 2013 7:31 PM

Sep 2012
thewrll said:
Plus anichart removed it from their fall anime list. I don't know when it will air now.
Just one thing: Anichart does not have any inside information about airing schedule. All its data are gleaned from public sources. Most likely Anichart just removes it because of lack of information about its airing date even though we are already more than 2 weeks into the fall cour. However, Pupa's removal from anichart does not add anything to the question of whether (or when) Pupa is going to air.

Oct 16, 2013 7:32 PM
May 2012
Aww was expecting this.

It's just like Savanna Game :(
Oct 16, 2013 10:38 PM

Nov 2012
Still waiting for this to air :/
Oct 17, 2013 1:27 PM

Dec 2012
So, I've been wondering but, how much gore does this series have? as in how much of it does it actually show us.

I remember when I first saw Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, I started it w/o expecting any kind of gore at all and then bam, it came flying out of nowhere. I seriously did not expect them to actually show all those bodies getting sliced and slaughtered. And then when I saw Shingeki no Kyojin, I went in expecting similar gore but it wasnt nearly as gorey and it probably cut a few of the more graphic scenes and just implied them or they switched to a different background during such scenes (Didnt really bother me btw)

Basically, what I want to know is, how do the anime studios usually deal with the more gorey scenes from the mangas/LNs in their animes? Both Densetsu and Shingeki are rated 17+ (atleast on MAL), and yet Densetsu seemed to show way more gore than Shingeki (from what I remember). Not to mention Densetsu doesnt have the "horror" genre in both it's anime and LN.
Oct 17, 2013 1:32 PM

Aug 2011
AdolTheRed said:
So, I've been wondering but, how much gore does this series have? as in how much of it does it actually show us.

I remember when I first saw Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, I started it w/o expecting any kind of gore at all and then bam, it came flying out of nowhere. I seriously did not expect them to actually show all those bodies getting sliced and slaughtered. And then when I saw Shingeki no Kyojin, I went in expecting similar gore but it wasnt nearly as gorey and it probably cut a few of the more graphic scenes and just implied them or they switched to a different background during such scenes (Didnt really bother me btw)

Basically, what I want to know is, how do the anime studios usually deal with the more gorey scenes from the mangas/LNs in their animes? Both Densetsu and Shingeki are rated 17+ (atleast on MAL), and yet Densetsu seemed to show way more gore than Shingeki (from what I remember). Not to mention Densetsu doesnt have the "horror" genre in both it's anime and LN.

It's not horribly gorey (I just finished Blood C; and that was terrifying in terms of gore) but it's pretty damn gorey. If I recall in the recent chapter, someone's body was being hacked apart (I'm not going to say who 'someone' is because spoilers) but besides that it's just a lot of blood.
Oct 20, 2013 1:54 PM

Dec 2012
Laciie said:

It's not horribly gorey (I just finished Blood C; and that was terrifying in terms of gore) but it's pretty damn gorey. If I recall in the recent chapter, someone's body was being hacked apart (I'm not going to say who 'someone' is because spoilers) but besides that it's just a lot of blood.

Hmmmm, well, I just hope they dont completely cut out all the gory scenes. Even if they cant or decide not to show the gory scenes fully, as long as they change the background or "imply" those scenes by just showing the end result or something, I'll be somewhat happy lol.
Oct 20, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2011
AdolTheRed said:
Laciie said:

Hmmmm, well, I just hope they dont completely cut out all the gory scenes. Even if they cant or decide not to show the gory scenes fully, as long as they change the background or "imply" those scenes by just showing the end result or something, I'll be somewhat happy lol.
it will probably be censored until the dvds

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 21, 2013 2:57 PM

Jan 2013
I just want to see the imouto nude, the cannibal stuff and the "plot" will be skipped.
Oct 22, 2013 1:39 PM

Dec 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
it will probably be censored until the dvds

Well, as long as its not censored to the point where it makes you go - "Wtf happened?" or "Did I miss something?", and is possible to understand what just happened even with the censors, then I can manage I guess.

Although, if it does get censored and then uncensored in BDs/DVDs, then I'm hoping its popular enough to get the uncensored version online too. I'll always prefer watching an uncensored and uncut show over a censored one.
Nov 3, 2013 5:50 PM

Nov 2011
Yup. It's a 5 minute anime. Way to go, Studio DEEN...

http://seventhstyle.com/2013/11/02/pupa-is-only-a-5-minute-anime/
Nov 3, 2013 6:04 PM

Dec 2007
neontaster said:

That has no basis yet, and seriously people blame studio deen for this!?
Nov 3, 2013 6:07 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
I am very unenthusiastic with quoting a very opinionated, bordering on bigotry, anime site as news source when I imagine how much the site would love this kind of promotion by readers. And he failed to provide any evidence that the information is indeed in an interview published in VoiceGirls magazine. How much should it be believed (as much as I don't think it really made it up) ?

Nov 3, 2013 6:12 PM

Nov 2011
mistress_kisara said:

Who am I supposed to blame, God?

symbv said:
I am very unenthusiastic with quoting a very opinionated, bordering on bigotry, anime site as news source when I imagine how much the site would love this kind of promotion by readers. And he failed to provide any evidence that the information is indeed in an interview published in VoiceGirls magazine. How much should it be believed (as much as I don't think it really made it up) ?

Fair enough. It just sounded like it was too specific for me to dismiss immediately as a rumor (since they stated a specific source).
Nov 3, 2013 6:22 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
Fair enough. It just sounded like it was too specific for me to dismiss immediately as a rumor (since they stated a specific source).
I would not dismiss it immediately either but the lack of evidence, coupled with the site's extremely problematic reporting style and bias, would be good reason enough for me not to mention it as a source. I am sure the blog author would greatly love people quoting it around forums here and there about this kind of "news" to spared his blog's name.

Nov 3, 2013 6:27 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
I would not dismiss it immediately either but the lack of evidence, coupled with the site's extremely problematic reporting style and bias, would be good reason enough for me not to mention it as a source. I am sure the blog author would greatly love people quoting it around forums here and there about this kind of "news" to spared his blog's name.

I don't know the site. Someone I know sent me the link. But good to know and in general I rarely take info I see on blogs like that as confirmed. Still, the silence from everyone involved in this project has been pretty frustrating so any info had me interested.
Nov 3, 2013 7:12 PM

Nov 2011
I am assuming that blog got their information from this Japanese blog.

http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4564918.html
Nov 3, 2013 7:15 PM

Sep 2012
neontaster said:
I am assuming that blog got their information from this Japanese blog.
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4564918.html
Probably. That blog gets the information from 2ch and the guy who broke the news did not provide any pic/scan as evidence, which is why the blog writer put the title of the blog article as "seems to be 5min anime", and of course the sevenstyle blog author has no such scruples for this kind of subtlety.
symbvNov 3, 2013 7:20 PM

Nov 3, 2013 7:30 PM
Jul 2013
neontaster said:
mistress_kisara said:

Who am I supposed to blame, God?

Whoever commissioned the project in the first place. Blaming Deen for the length is about as fair as accusing the voice actors of being too lazy to voice more than five minutes per episode.

Any studio would prefer to work on a longer series with commercial potential. However, if you're hired to make five minute episodes, you make five minute episodes......furthermore, if they give you X amount of money to do it, you try to finish it within X......not 2X or 3X, for which you'll never be reimbursed.

On the other hand, the ball is in Deen's court to produce five satisfying minutes of animation within these limitations (provided that the length is even true).
Nov 3, 2013 7:51 PM
May 2013
Is it even possible at this point for this to have a full series of 10-12 episodes? Wouldn't it drag into winter at this point?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

7 by MegamiRem »»
1 hour ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

2 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo' Receives Anime Adaptation

9 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.