Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 29, 2013 7:53 AM
Feb 2012
That would make my day if the dragons really stuck their heads out of the gate.

"sup guys? We decided to take a shortcut since Larry over there had to use the toilet. Well, anyhow, time to kill ya!"
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 29, 2013 8:00 AM
Apr 2011
Haru is enough for 10000 dragons.

They don't need eclipse.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Mar 29, 2013 8:17 AM
Oct 2011
Ok after reading everyone's theories and thinking over this myself I think I may have put it all together. Some of this is obvious so don't shoot me down if I'm restating it but it leads to my overall theory.

People on here have been talking about the multiple timeline theory and I think the Dragon King Feast involves those timelines. Every 7 years the Dragons employ someone to travel into another timeline and open the gate so that the Dragons can FEAST on the people of that time period. It would make sense since 10k dragons would need A LOT to eat. Maybe Igneel, Grandeeny and Metalianca pulled a REVERSE Aconologia and turned Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy into humans and sent them to the future to finally stop the banquet. That would explain why before the 2 v 2 dragonslayer fight Igneel said "Weisslogia and Skiadrum, let's see i humans can surpass dragons" Which is the reason why they faked their deaths and implanted Lacrima into their "offspring". And to support this theory remember that Acnologia killed many dragons and bathed in their blood so Weisslogia and Skiadrum wanted to instill a pseudo death at the hands of their children so that they would think that they were the REAL dragonslayers; after all, why name a magic dragonSLAYER magic i you don't SLAY the dragon right? Sting and Rogue thought they were the real deal and looked down on natsu and them because if they found out that Natsu and them were real dragons they would instantly feel dwarfed. Mashima saved that moment for when they actually fought; I think in a way her recreated the Acnologia vs FT fight with Natsu and Gajeel being almighty and Sting and Rogue being minuscule. Remember how FT gave their all against Acnologia but he brushed them aside like they were slight work, then when he did retaliate he almost decimated them, just like how Natsu- and Gajeel if Natsu hadn't sabotaged him xD- ate all of their attacks when it was 1 v 2 and in the end when he retaliated he blew them all away.

Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy are meant to stop the dragon king festival, that's what I think. Igneel thought about this from the beginning and told Grandeeny "dragons are not allowed to interfere with humans" but he already circumvented this rule by turning them into humans so that by living among them when the day came to stop the festival, they would have the heart to do so.

=P
Mar 29, 2013 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
Mar 29, 2013 9:08 AM

Feb 2013
Well come to think of... Why rogue came to stop it ? i know that this is a bit off topic but lets think about it... If the future is something like * alternate future X or Y* then it might NOT affect them what decision they take on this current world... If it did affect while the *gate of eclipse * opened then the future should change drastically. Which means that *new rogue might not exist Lucy can have both her arms back etc*.

Thats my theory A...

About my theory B...
Is that they go the same way as the future...
GEE HEE !
Mar 29, 2013 9:10 AM

Dec 2011
Sasgay said:
I found the chapter to be boring

but i liked the little easter egg with Haru, Elie, Musica, Griff and Let from Rave Master being in the crowd

Hahaha. I know. I love that part.
And the King of Fiore is Mato-kun! Ahahaha.

Now I really want to see Lucy close that door.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2013 9:53 AM

Jul 2010
Fiji said:
Sasgay said:
I found the chapter to be boring

but i liked the little easter egg with Haru, Elie, Musica, Griff and Let from Rave Master being in the crowd

Hahaha. I know. I love that part.
And the King of Fiore is Mato-kun! Ahahaha.

Now I really want to see Lucy close that door.

Looking for Haru, Elie, Griff,Musica and Let and I think Ruby or Easter egg felt like playing "where's Waldo ".
Hey they are there too shockingly they didn't age.
Mar 29, 2013 10:03 AM

Sep 2012
I'm okay with a few dragons slipping through. 10,000 is just overkill. I'm very apprehensive about that gate, especially since Zeref apparently created or helped create it. I'm hoping the dragons come from wherever Dragneel and the others are and not the past. Coming from the past might be annoying and messy.

I enjoyed this chapter but I have no idea where the story is going. Even after reading everyone's predictions I'm still unsure. Also, I'm hoping Jellal figures out what the heck is going on and prevents a worst case scenario. As things are I feel like he's one of the only people who can set us straight.

By the way, does anyone know why you can get Naruto and One Piece chapters on Wednesday but Fairy Tail comes out on Friday? Aren't they all from weekly Shonen Jump?
Mar 29, 2013 10:05 AM

Apr 2008
SwordsmanDan said:
I'm okay with a few dragons slipping through. 10,000 is just overkill. I'm very apprehensive about that gate, especially since Zeref apparently created or helped create it. I'm hoping the dragons come from wherever Dragneel and the others are and not the past. Coming from the past might be annoying and messy.

I enjoyed this chapter but I have no idea where the story is going. Even after reading everyone's predictions I'm still unsure.

By the way, does anyone know why you can get Naruto and One Piece chapters on Wednesday but Fairy Tail comes out on Friday? Aren't they all from weekly Shonen Jump?

No they are not.
Mar 29, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2009
Enjoyed the chapter but was left pondering their face reactions on the second half of this panel

Why is everybody making a reaction face like the king is about to transform or something?

nobody would make that face just from someone crying....maybe he farted or something :))
Mar 29, 2013 10:11 AM

Apr 2008
Inarius said:
Enjoyed the chapter but was left pondering their face reactions on the second half of this panel

Why is everybody making a reaction face like the king is about to transform or something?

nobody would make that face just from someone crying....maybe he farted or something :))

No. He said Kabo which revealed him as the Pumpkin announcer.
Mar 29, 2013 10:13 AM
Feb 2013
antonnn said:
Going along with the theory that the dragons come from the gate... Rogue is the one that came back and told them to go along with the 2nd Eclipse plan. So Eclipse 2 is actually the gateway for the Dragons to enter Earthland's present and he was sent there to make sure that it all goes well. Maybe Lucy stopping Eclipse stops most, if not all of the Dragons getting through and in fact, the Dragons that potentially make it through lose out to the Humans(somehow? Nakama power, anyone? Or Dragon Slayers actually slaying Dragons) aside from 1 or 2, the world is saved and that is why Rogue is sent back.

Which brings me to my theory about the 2 from the future. Future Lucy didn't seem to recall stopping Eclipse like Rogue says, so I think not only are they from 2 different times in the future, but are also from 2 different types of future, or "world lines" for those who have seen Steins;Gate. Rogue's being where Eclipse was foiled by Lucy and the Dragons don't rule the world, which he has come back to alter, then future Lucy's, where she didn't stop Eclipse and the Dragons invaded and destroyed everything.

Zeref has to pop up in some way shape or form here as well IMO.

I was ready to say the same thing that the 2 of them are from different future that is way Rogue was surprise wen he see the 2 Lucy.
Mar 29, 2013 10:18 AM

Apr 2008
gerakilykos said:
antonnn said:
Going along with the theory that the dragons come from the gate... Rogue is the one that came back and told them to go along with the 2nd Eclipse plan. So Eclipse 2 is actually the gateway for the Dragons to enter Earthland's present and he was sent there to make sure that it all goes well. Maybe Lucy stopping Eclipse stops most, if not all of the Dragons getting through and in fact, the Dragons that potentially make it through lose out to the Humans(somehow? Nakama power, anyone? Or Dragon Slayers actually slaying Dragons) aside from 1 or 2, the world is saved and that is why Rogue is sent back.

Which brings me to my theory about the 2 from the future. Future Lucy didn't seem to recall stopping Eclipse like Rogue says, so I think not only are they from 2 different times in the future, but are also from 2 different types of future, or "world lines" for those who have seen Steins;Gate. Rogue's being where Eclipse was foiled by Lucy and the Dragons don't rule the world, which he has come back to alter, then future Lucy's, where she didn't stop Eclipse and the Dragons invaded and destroyed everything.

Zeref has to pop up in some way shape or form here as well IMO.

I was ready to say the same thing that the 2 of them are from different future that is way Rogue was surprise wen he see the 2 Lucy.

Proposed that since the previous chapter yet no one seems to remember *grumbles indignantly*
Mar 29, 2013 10:45 AM

May 2012
Nice Chapter,

this is my theory, just dont mind it ^^
- castle collapse is because of dragons coming out from eclipse gate?
- white cat vision of lucy crying will be at that time when gate opens?
- if rogue is not there to save future but to destroy it, it makes sense that he kill lucy coz she's the key from preventing those dragons(maybe with 12 complete keys, looking back mira and yukino's conversation, her 2 keys is the reason of her existence :D).
- if rogue lied then theres no 2 different timeline(coz lucy didnt stop the gate from opening, rogue just said it so that he has reason to kill her).

Mar 29, 2013 10:55 AM

Dec 2012
I wonder where Minerva went...
Mar 29, 2013 12:32 PM

Jan 2013
hmm not bad chapter and that Natsu and Rogue fight ; ))
Mar 29, 2013 1:18 PM

Sep 2011
Better chapter than the last. I was going to rate it a 3/5 but that double spread with all the character was amazing he put a lot of effort. 5/5 for a bad ass spread.
Mar 29, 2013 2:06 PM

Mar 2012
United Guilds... somehow it seems like Hiro is following Kishi... but seeing all those guilds unite, not to mention Sabertooth as well!

Rouge has some connection with Zeref, I reckon. Also wonder what Jellal wants from the Council.

And... I dont know if anyone notice but..
skwok-ravenMar 29, 2013 3:05 PM

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 29, 2013 3:20 PM
Nov 2007
Jellal! I want some action from him... and where's Zeref?
Mar 29, 2013 4:14 PM

Jul 2010
Raven-san said:
United Guilds... somehow it seems like Hiro is following Kishi... but seeing all those guilds unite, not to mention Sabertooth as well!

Rouge has some connection with Zeref, I reckon. Also wonder what Jellal wants from the Council.

Don't forget to the left of Haru and Elie are Let, and Musica and also Griff and Ruby is there.
I miss Rave Master

Mar 29, 2013 7:42 PM

Apr 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Proposed that since the previous chapter yet no one seems to remember *grumbles indignantly*

Haha, my bad. I don't remember everyones posts but all I recalled was people saying the 2 were from different distances into the future as opposed to 2 times where events panned out differently.

Should be interesting, finally, after all the Nakama ass pulls. I'd like to hope there's some real battles here now.
Mar 29, 2013 8:19 PM

Apr 2009
50 Skyrim dragons looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G08PV7Pq2hk

Considering Acnologia's size, 10000 of those dragons is just too much. Eclipse canon looks puny, using it is like pissing into an erupting volcano.
Mar 29, 2013 8:41 PM
Mar 2010
madaodono said:

Considering Acnologia's size, 10000 of those dragons is just too much. Eclipse canon looks puny, using it is like pissing into an erupting volcano.

Someone call the Dragonborn!

A set-up chapter, some theories will be proven in the next or 2 chapter.

What is the favor Jellal is asking for, I have a feeling they will only agree if Jellal surrenders.
Mar 29, 2013 8:42 PM

Mar 2012
Lunarix said:

Someone call the Dragonborn!

He cant come, he took an arrow to the knee =/

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 29, 2013 8:42 PM

Apr 2008
madaodono said:

LOL that does certainly put things in a closer perspective. But yea one canon vs 10.000 ain't gonna do shit which is why I am sure it's a big fat lie.
Mar 29, 2013 9:12 PM

Jul 2007
Maor said:
Zhou said:
Nice to see the guilds join forces but I doubt they would have a chance against the dragons and something is gonna go terribly wrong next week anyway.

With that everyone can agree.

But what if next week is just a fight between Natsu and Rogue? IOW, we don't even see what happened from opening the gate because of a focus on the fight?

chuckfan said:
Nice of Mashima putting the Rave Master characters along with the other mages.

xD Let is in on the plan! Dragons MUST be coming out of those gates!
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Mar 29, 2013 9:34 PM
Mar 2009
Well if some remember ... when future roque told the group that there will be 10000 dragons invading ... future lucy was suprised ... she didnt know about that and she said that she didnt stop the doors opening. So for future lucy there were no dragons invading at that moment. But she lost an arm and many died... maybe Zeref comes out?

I trust her more than i trust future rogue ... so its comes down to what killed the future lucy world. The most easy to believe is that zeref loses against all those mages but many of them die in the process ... so rogue who somehow joined forces with Zeref comes back to stop lucy ... maybe she was the reason that some survived.

Well if you also remember what the red fire dragon said ... they are going for battle ... SO maybe the remaining dragons that are hiding are going to fight along side the humans against agnologia and zeref ... the hole party for the dragon king once again ...
EtheriosMar 29, 2013 9:38 PM
Mar 29, 2013 10:39 PM

Jun 2012
macx12 said:
Ok after reading everyone's theories and thinking over this myself I think I may have put it all together. Some of this is obvious so don't shoot me down if I'm restating it but it leads to my overall theory.

People on here have been talking about the multiple timeline theory and I think the Dragon King Feast involves those timelines. Every 7 years the Dragons employ someone to travel into another timeline and open the gate so that the Dragons can FEAST on the people of that time period. It would make sense since 10k dragons would need A LOT to eat. Maybe Igneel, Grandeeny and Metalianca pulled a REVERSE Aconologia and turned Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy into humans and sent them to the future to finally stop the banquet. That would explain why before the 2 v 2 dragonslayer fight Igneel said "Weisslogia and Skiadrum, let's see i humans can surpass dragons" Which is the reason why they faked their deaths and implanted Lacrima into their "offspring". And to support this theory remember that Acnologia killed many dragons and bathed in their blood so Weisslogia and Skiadrum wanted to instill a pseudo death at the hands of their children so that they would think that they were the REAL dragonslayers; after all, why name a magic dragonSLAYER magic i you don't SLAY the dragon right? Sting and Rogue thought they were the real deal and looked down on natsu and them because if they found out that Natsu and them were real dragons they would instantly feel dwarfed. Mashima saved that moment for when they actually fought; I think in a way her recreated the Acnologia vs FT fight with Natsu and Gajeel being almighty and Sting and Rogue being minuscule. Remember how FT gave their all against Acnologia but he brushed them aside like they were slight work, then when he did retaliate he almost decimated them, just like how Natsu- and Gajeel if Natsu hadn't sabotaged him xD- ate all of their attacks when it was 1 v 2 and in the end when he retaliated he blew them all away.

Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy are meant to stop the dragon king festival, that's what I think. Igneel thought about this from the beginning and told Grandeeny "dragons are not allowed to interfere with humans" but he already circumvented this rule by turning them into humans so that by living among them when the day came to stop the festival, they would have the heart to do so.

=P

Wow, best theory yet.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Mar 30, 2013 2:57 AM

Mar 2013
Raven-san said:

and if you keep looking to the left of them Let and Musica are there too!! XD

Anyway, nice chapter. I busted out laugh when the king suddenly said "kapo" haha He was the pumpkin the whole time!! lol XD
Also Natsu said towards the end of the chapter that he "senses an evil essence" from Future Rogue. Like I recall someone saying this somewhere regarding Future Lucy - it may actually be rogue that contains (at least) fragments of Zeref's power. So he may have at least encountered Zeref before coming to the present time, Etherios, since the nature of Zeref's power is evil.

Everyone's s theories are good. I can't wait for the next chapter :P

Mar 30, 2013 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
It was kinda obvious, but having the king saying kapoh was a nice touch
Mar 30, 2013 8:41 PM

Mar 2009
I cant start reading this chapter due to Yukino's boobs :(
Mar 30, 2013 8:44 PM

Apr 2008
SleepnDreamn said:

You're ridiculous if you're serious. It just takes a click to move on.
Mar 30, 2013 9:11 PM

Mar 2009
Darklight0303 said:
SleepnDreamn said:

You're ridiculous if you're serious. It just takes a click to move on.

Yes. I did it. I managed to triumph over my inner pervert! I first saw the boobs... chapter on Mangareader right after it was released...

The King idea was good but now that all the top level mages are exhausted how will they fight? Nakama power has its limits. Those mages were at each other throats a moment ago. Unity wont power them up just like that.

Wonder what will come out of the gates. Will dragons come out of it?

At any rate Lucy is in her place. Charlas vision. Right in front of the castle. The gates must have been destroyed and dragons attacked the castle. Maybe the canon will even power up them and not destroy them?
SleepnDreamnMar 30, 2013 9:18 PM
Mar 31, 2013 11:17 PM
Apr 2011
I think the cannon isn't really a cannon but a way to reanimate all the dead dragons under the arena.

While I believe future Rogue is possessed, either by a mage or an idea indoctrinated in him.

And yeah, the King is definitely the pumpkin head announcer.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Apr 1, 2013 4:54 AM

Nov 2010
blacknimbus said:
I think the cannon isn't really a cannon but a way to reanimate all the dead dragons under the arena.

Yep, I have always had the doubt of it being a cannon. Although the crystal in the city does remind me of Edolas when the exceeds were attacked.

Apr 2, 2013 11:55 PM

Mar 2013
Epic chapter!
Just can't wait for the next one :)
Apr 3, 2013 3:12 AM

Sep 2011
Finally caught up, and I can't wait for the next chapter! I wonder what this cannon will be, will it actually be one? or will it be some trick.
May 22, 2013 2:40 PM

Jul 2009
I get the feeling that whatever comes through that gate isn't going to save them, it's going to destroy them.
May 22, 2013 2:47 PM

Apr 2008
Zell182 said:
I get the feeling that whatever comes through that gate isn't going to save them, it's going to destroy them.

Little late to the party :P
Dec 27, 2013 1:09 AM

Oct 2013
doooooors are opening ~
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 14, 2014 8:04 AM
Jul 2014
I personally think that Rogue is lying about saving the future and that he is evil instead.
I also think that the dragons won't come out from the gate.
Sep 8, 2017 7:14 AM

Feb 2013
The king asked all the mages for help, nice.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.