Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Oct 14, 2020 7:03 PM

Apr 2014
Oh wow that was actually pretty important to the story, huh. Im not sure whether I regret not watching it before Death Parade, or if Im glad I watched it after because it left me with something to come back to after Death Parade's fantastic ending
Nov 17, 2020 4:08 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Well, I've been meaning to watch Death Parade for a while, so I just decided to watch Death Billiards first in the perspective of someone who found this brand new short and did not expect it to get a fully fledged TV show several years later. It sure is... something. The whole short looked amazing with its amazing visual quality and nice camera shots, I liked seeing a billiards game since I haven't really seen that in much of what I've seen (in general, not just anime), and the story sure knows how to hook you in with its surprises. I was not expecting there to be something crazy emotional towards the end.

I have a good feeling that I will love Death Parade... sure I'll give this short a 8/10.
(who knows, maybe the TV show will be a 9 or even 10 haha)
Mar 8, 2021 7:07 PM

Jan 2020
Ah, I missed those Death Parade vibes.
Though I regret watching this after Death Parade, since the experience isn't as exciting and intense :/
May 22, 2021 4:15 AM

Jun 2020
Playcool said:
Pretty enjoyable introduction, I was going for Death Parade first, despite this being a prequel, but decided otherwise, because this was released previous to that one, so DP will be next, and from the feel I got from this OVA, I think I will enjoy it quite a lot.

xochandaox said:

well, the old man said he would give the young guy his spot for heaven.. but he had that smirk on his face.. soo.. Im not 100% sure.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.

From what I seen from the wiki, it is believed the old man went to the void and the young one was reincarnated, there is no heaven and hell, that was misleading. xD

And what I think is that old guy stole the two coloured balls shown at the end and told bartender that he had won because 8ball was pocketed before colored balls, therefore he was sent to void.
May 23, 2021 7:17 AM

Dec 2020
just found out after watching death parade's first ep about this so i wish that id watch this first but nevertheless, loved it. the animation was great, dialogue was nice, and agree with the girl those last words really stuck. also what's with the old guy's smile at the end lmao
Jul 14, 2021 12:30 PM

Apr 2021
poor jellyfish

this was phenomenal

like, i haven't had this much fun with an anime in a while now

looking forward to watching death parade, i'll probably bing it over the weekend :3
i wish i was a cloud
Jul 27, 2021 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
Damn it's been years since I watched Death Parade. This brought back all the memories. A lot of the ideas of this short are done in a way that they tie beautifully into Parade like the last scene when Chiyuki is asking the question which might seem like a way of this short to do an extreme try hard and pretentious ending but it is well explained in the series about her. Exotic visuals and mesmerizing atmosphere with pretty color usage. That fight scene looked cool AF. A thing that I didn't understand was how the characters didn't feel any pain when the balls went into the pockets, although I guess in this short, it is represented by the blurriness of the eyes and the sudden loss of sensation of the young guy's hands unless it was a mental thing for him. With that aside, the directing was absolutely mind-blowing. Those camera angles, the sudden close ups, the style, the cohesion of the scenes, the subtle use of the music and the storyboards were fucking insane, especially when you consider that this was just a training project, Tachikawa never misses. They left the ending ambiguous, and after thinking about it for quite a while, I still am not really being able to come to a definite conclusion, there's just so many ways it could go. Also, that smirk at the end from the old man makes me feel that he plotted and fooled Decim. Overall, it's my favorite from Young Animator's Training Project of 2013 and quite possibly all over the years. 9/10
Nov 19, 2021 11:00 PM

Aug 2020
I think what the old man said is that he would like to trade places with the boy because he was satisfied to the game of pool they played. He sacrificed and Decim accepted the request.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 25, 2021 7:55 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good episode. Otoko's VA did a great job.
Jan 2, 2023 5:49 PM

Jan 2021
I watched this after episode 2 of Death Parade, not sure if it has any impact but I know that I liked it very much.
Entire concept of this anime is really exciting to me, people revealing their characters when under life-death situation pressure
And actually this is the first anime that I started and finished in 2023 :)

Mar 20, 2023 6:18 AM
Mar 2023
i don't even know where to start, it made me feel so many emotions at once and i don't even know how to explain how amazing this is
                                 cacagorilla will take over
Jun 2, 2023 11:10 PM
May 2021
very scary people
Mar 10, 6:51 PM

Dec 2022
what a pleasure to have stumbled upon this lil gem, glad there's a series to follow
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Any clues?

ScreamInAnguish - Aug 16, 2021

1 by Irumakun22 »»
Aug 16, 2021 7:51 PM

» Related Anime

Oliver007 - Jan 11, 2015

4 by ChrnoTodd »»
May 5, 2015 11:01 AM

» New TV series titled Death Parade

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2014

14 by gustavogbi »»
Jan 2, 2015 8:22 AM

» Preview~

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2013

3 by Nidhoeggr »»
Mar 10, 2013 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.