Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2013 2:33 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
LOL Zorro has a sword radar :D
It's obvious that at some point Luffy will jump into the coliseum but what is Donflamingo's plan exactly?

Mar 19, 2013 2:42 AM

Jul 2012
Oohh!! has the time come for zoro to get a fruit ability? He would be BEAST with the flare flare fruit, except then there will be very few people who can swim.
i don't know everything
i just know what i know...
Mar 19, 2013 3:00 AM

Jun 2010
Inb4 Sabo appears.
Mar 19, 2013 3:23 AM

Aug 2010
That was tooo short T_T...hope Oda's better now though.

I hope the thing with Zoro's sword doesn't drag, hopefully he'll get it back soon. And man would I want to see a Kin vs Zoro duel. That would be nice.

From what the blind old man said. It seems he might not be Fujitora? Or another way to look at it would be that he is Fuji but he cares about taking down Dofla more than the SHs right now. Well nothing for sure yet.

I can't wait to see the SHs going into the Colloseum and kick ass. Seems one of Dofla's seat is one of them add to that they said all of them were swordsmen? That should be nice.

And finally Luffy's initial reaction to Ace's DF is pretty calm...let's see how his full reaction will be nxt chap.
Barion-ZaraMar 19, 2013 3:52 AM
Mar 19, 2013 3:26 AM

Apr 2011
The fuck is Budokai Tenkaiichi (is that how it's spelled, or even called) stadium doing on Dressrossa?
Mar 19, 2013 3:28 AM

Mar 2012
Oda should just rest for a month. On the chapter itself I think Zoro will be send to fight to the coloseum by Luffy.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 19, 2013 3:35 AM

Dec 2011
Ooh, sword matches eh? Zoro will probably join... maybe Kinemon too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2013 4:25 AM

Nov 2011
i like these ideas of zoro/kin competing in the event. that'd be awesome :3

i'm enjoying this arc a lot so far. some really sick new characters and events. i have high hopes for the rest of the arc :D
Mar 19, 2013 4:33 AM

Jun 2012
I wonder if this will be Oda's way of having some of the Straw Hats actually duke it out. Though, I'd laugh if Luffy's just like "Why the hell would I want that!? They taste horrible! GIVE ME MEAT!"

Barion-Zara said:
From what the blind old man said. It seems he might not be Fujitora? Or another way to look at it would be that he is Fuji but he cares about taking down Dofla more than the SHs right now. Well nothing for sure yet.
Not saying it is Fujitora, but if he is not telling Luffy then "for both their sakes" could just mean that he doesn't want to hurt Luffy for helping him out or something, as it could mean casualties for both sides. And telling him would probably automatically force them to fight. Even if "Fujitora" is a new Admiral, he doesn't necessarily have to be a totalitarian jerk like Akainu. You may be on to something though, about him being after Doflamingo, Akainu didn't actually say he sent "Fujitora" to target Luffy. But I hope it isn't Fujitora, just 'cause I like even more new characters.

yhunata said:
The fuck is Budokai Tenkaiichi (is that how it's spelled, or even called) stadium doing on Dressrossa?
It may be an ode to that, but it really doesn't look like the World Martial Arts Tournament from Dragon Ball (if that's what you were even implying).
HalibelTheEspadaMar 19, 2013 5:07 AM
Mar 19, 2013 4:39 AM

Apr 2011
HalibelTheEspada said:
yhunata said:
It may be an ode to that, but it really doesn't look like the World Martial Arts Tournament from Dragon Ball (if that's what you were even implying).

Mar 19, 2013 4:41 AM

Mar 2013
damn! love this chapter. Whenever there is new character showing up, im so hype! cant wait to see what the crew of the Joker can do. It seems like there may be a 5 vs 5 fight?
Senor Pink, Dellinger, Lao G, Machvise, and the weird Diamante.
vs
Luffy, Zoro, Sanj, Franky and Kinemon I guess ?
damn just cant wait to see the strawhats fighting in the coliseum. btw maybe that blind guy could really be fujitora? because he said it would be "unwise" to tell them who he is because he is an admiral? but why would an admiral dress like that? hmm.....
Mar 19, 2013 4:53 AM

Jun 2012
yhunata said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
yhunata said:

Well, I'm not saying it doesn't have similarities, but I mean Budokai Tenkaichi isn't even an actual colliseum design.

But you're right, I'm sure there was some inspiration here from the World Martial Arts Tournament.
Mar 19, 2013 5:25 AM

Aug 2012
Another great chapter!

The most hilarious part was when Zoro realized that someone had stolen one of his 3 three swords. :D

That thief is really slick.

So Luffy has finally found out about Ace's Devil Fruit and it's only a prize to the winner of the Colisseum - a swordsman. Zoro's gonna have to enter and try and win it. We all know that tournament's not going to end well. There's going to be chaos.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Mar 19, 2013 5:34 AM

Dec 2009
I loved this chapter, it had an adventurous feel to it. It's the same kind of feeling that is what makes One Piece what it is.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 19, 2013 6:03 AM

Feb 2010
The plot thickens and i wouldn't be suprised if the Blackbeard Pirates join the hunt for the Mera Mera no Mi.
Mar 19, 2013 6:25 AM

Nov 2012
We can expect Luffy going wild next chapter. Is that tournament for swordsmen only?
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Mar 19, 2013 6:56 AM

Aug 2010
Rifaz89 said:
We can expect Luffy going wild next chapter. Is that tournament for swordsmen only?

That's what it seems like from this translation. We'll need to wait for MS to be 100% sure. I personally really hope it will only be Swordsmen :)

Luffy will have his time to shine later...so let Zoro shine for a bit here hehe
Mar 19, 2013 6:57 AM
Mar 2012
one second into this thread and I already see stupid theories. Good chapter, always was a fan of colosseum battles
Mar 19, 2013 7:15 AM

Jun 2012
Nice chapter, i think this arc may truly get going a lot faster than usual, which is great :)

If it is only for swordsmen then we will have some time for zoro to shine, perhaps kinnemon to, if it isn't just for swordsmen then we may have some battles with the luffy team vs the coliseum people. sounds good to me either way :D

It's aces fruit, luffy will do something. Him asking zoro to go and win it could be used to show further that zoro is his first mate :P

I am super hyped for the coming weeks!
jimbob1141Mar 19, 2013 7:21 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Mar 19, 2013 7:17 AM
Sep 2009
Barion-Zara said:
Rifaz89 said:

That's what it seems like from this translation. We'll need to wait for MS to be 100% sure. I personally really hope it will only be Swordsmen :)

Luffy will have his time to shine later...so let Zoro shine for a bit here hehe

It's supposed to be Gladiators not swordsmen, classic MP.
Mar 19, 2013 7:29 AM

Jul 2009
Seems like Zoro's eyesight is on par with Mihawk's right now.

Mar 19, 2013 7:54 AM
Dec 2012
I Can see Luffy running into Colisseum on the next chapter
Mar 19, 2013 8:17 AM

Aug 2010
-Jinsei- said:

Yeah I noticed that too...Glad that Zoro gained the far sight that Hawkeye has :)
What a good student XD
Mar 19, 2013 8:38 AM

Oct 2010
I'm thinking that dude in the bar is with the Marines. He will probably interfere in the fight. I know one thing i do not want Zoro to have a devil fruit ability and hope he doesnt accidentally eat it either.
Mar 19, 2013 8:47 AM

Jun 2012
Mangastream said nothing about the combatants being swordsmen at all, so i guess it's fair to assume we will see all of team luffy have a fight there, i hope so anyway.

Luffy vs diamante and zoro vs the old guy is the 2 matchups that seem likely, no idea for the others :P maybe franky vs that ugly fucker one xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Mar 19, 2013 8:47 AM
Feb 2011
Good chapter, it set things into motion nicely.

My soundtrack for this chapter - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgAwWSRLY24
Mar 19, 2013 8:58 AM

Jul 2009
we just got finally fairy tails tournament to end,and now we get a one piece tournament???! -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2013 9:06 AM

Apr 2010
I'm so happy about One Piece lately. After the biggest lul in genuinely interesting One Piece arcs since I started reading all those years ago, things are getting interesting again! Hope this ends up being worth the wait through the previous 2 arcs, hehe. :D
Mar 19, 2013 9:40 AM

Aug 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Inb4 Sabo appears.

Oda has confirmed that sabo really is dead unfortunately.
Mar 19, 2013 9:43 AM

Aug 2012
Sango_chan_desu said:
we just got finally fairy tails tournament to end,and now we get a one piece tournament???! -.-

Don't worry nothing can possibly be as god awful as fairy tail's tournament especially not one piece. should be on par with arcs like dark tournament from YYH, chuunin exams, and early DB budokai if not better.
Mar 19, 2013 9:44 AM
Mar 2012
tankoubon-feind said:
-MgZ_ said:
Inb4 Sabo appears.

Actually it wasn't, databooks usually say crap
tankoubon-feind said:

Don't worry nothing can possibly be as god awful as fairy tail's tournament especially not one piece. should be on par with arcs like dark tournament from YYH, chuunin exams, and early DB budokai if not better.

I really would love to see the "tournament" be as good as these, I was always a fan of tournaments in anime
Mar 19, 2013 10:09 AM

Feb 2012
I bet most of them are going to get one-shotted by Zoro.
Mar 19, 2013 10:41 AM

Apr 2011
tankoubon-feind said:
-MgZ_ said:
Inb4 Sabo appears.

I'm pretty sure
(spoilered it as it's a huge Naruto spoiler, which has no relation to One Piece).
Mar 19, 2013 10:42 AM

Sep 2011
5/5 Loving this new arc.

The setting is definitely refreshing, I never thought we would see a tournament arc in One Piece. This could be very interesting, hopefully it wont be dragged out needlessly. Gah now my head is spinning about who the blind swordsman is, everything still points to the admiral especially because he didn't want to tell the Strawhats who he was but I don't know. Why not reveal it if it was that obvious. Either way I can't wait to see what will happen with Ace's fruit. Hopefully Franky/Robin/Brook will get some proper battles this arc, they especially Robin haven't had an actual battle since their intro arcs. Not counting Fishman Island, since that was mostly a joke arc aimed at showing off how strong the crew had gotten.
Mar 19, 2013 10:46 AM

Sep 2011
Shaduge said:
tankoubon-feind said:
-MgZ_ said:
Inb4 Sabo appears.

tankoubon-feind said:

I really would love to see the "tournament" be as good as these, I was always a fan of tournaments in anime

Actually, it was confirmed and the databooks don't say crap since they are written interviews with the author.... Just because you disagree/don't want to believe he's dead doesn't change the facts. With that said, its Oda's story if he wants to bring him back in the future he can. I still have my doubts since I saw that scene with Dragon bringing a badly injured child on board his ship.
Mar 19, 2013 11:04 AM

Aug 2010
RomanceDawn said:
Shaduge said:
tankoubon-feind said:
-MgZ_ said:
Inb4 Sabo appears.

tankoubon-feind said:

Actually, it was confirmed and the databooks don't say crap since they are written interviews with the author.... Just because you disagree/don't want to believe he's dead doesn't change the facts. With that said, its Oda's story if he wants to bring him back in the future he can. I still have my doubts since I saw that scene with Dragon bringing a badly injured child on board his ship.

This is the only thing that has me still wondering about Sabo's death. I don't think they would've conveniently saw a random injured child in the sea and Oda just wrote about that of nowhere. It's like a foreshadowing imo or a big fat troll XD
Mar 19, 2013 11:16 AM

Nov 2007
woohoo things are heating up.. I wonder who will get eat it?! xD
Mar 19, 2013 11:41 AM

Aug 2012
interesting chapter, will see how it resolves further.

nothing to add atm I'm afraid
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Mar 19, 2013 11:41 AM

Apr 2009
Barion-Zara said:

This is the only thing that has me still wondering about Sabo's death. I don't think they would've conveniently saw a random injured child in the sea and Oda just wrote about that of nowhere. It's like a foreshadowing imo or a big fat troll XD

yeah +1.. Sabo is absolutely alive.. and kicking ass with Dragon..

anyways the chapter went fast.. can't wait to see the new powers the characters have.. its going to be awesome..
i hope other like Kid will enter the island as well..
Mar 19, 2013 11:59 AM

Mar 2012
I got excited cuz I thought the dress up SH were Gorosei...derp

I hope this isn't some crappy Yu Yu Hakusho tournament though

But it seems in the mood for people who are watching Spartacus on TV right now :P

Overall not that good of a chapter but some interesting things happened.
End Zionazism
Mar 19, 2013 12:09 PM

Mar 2012
I have the feeling that Kidd aliance will take part in that tournament.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 19, 2013 12:56 PM
Mar 2012
RomanceDawn said:

You know how databooks first said ace was luffy's true brother? and then it was changed in the next ones? or are you maybe just one of the many people that just read "sabo is dead because oda confirmed it in the databook" somewhere and now is posting it everywhere? because all these people have something in common, they have no idea what they are talking about. The green databook says what's happening in the manga, and nothing more, it says he lost his life in that incident because his ship exploded, because everyone who was there thinks he's dead, besides oda was asked a question about sabo and the 3 sake cups in marine ford cover art and he replied "As for what you might be thinking when you see this?- Well, for the present, I'll leave that to your imaginations" Volume 68 SBS, look it up if you are interested. So why would he say that if he already confirmed he was dead? why not just say that sabo is dead? I understand why he wouldn't say he's alive so as to not ruin the surprise for some but if he really was dead and he said it in some interview, then I don't see why he wouldn't say it there. I also don't see why he would make such a mystery of it by not even showing his remains and then just have it revealed in a databook like some random fact . Not only that but everything hints towards sabo being alive and having ties with the revolutionary army, I mean first the talk with dragon when they were at the same wavelength, then dragon's appearance in the chapter after sabo's "death" where ivankov says "someone treat these wounds quickly", even if by any change someone is stupid enough to think it was dragon's wounds then look at the next panel where we see dragon standing alone and no one treating his wounds (chap 589) and then the 3 cups, yes 3 of them, just like the time where ace, sabo and luffy became "brothers" and we saw 3 cups. I don't really care about sabo, I just don't want to see people saying shit and claiming it is confirmed. There is no reason for oda to introduce a character and have him die like that after few chapters, really just the moment people saw the dragon scene which I repeat happened the chapter after sabo's "death", they should have understood he was still alive. This is why we are always at the bottom here, because we're stuck trying to prove something so obvious.
Mar 19, 2013 12:56 PM

Jun 2010
Don Diamante, after Jozu I don't know what to expect from him.
Mar 19, 2013 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
i would be pissed if the Ace's ability goes to any random as person, bad guy, other good guys i care shit about, new blind guy who digs holes or the marines.

it should either be taken in possession By Luffy and properly buried somewhere as a monument to his brother, held in keep shake
or
eaten by 1 of the 2 people i see fit, and ya luffy is one of them, fuck logic go for 2 abilities.
Mar 19, 2013 1:50 PM

Oct 2010
tankoubon-feind said:
Sango_chan_desu said:

Your right FT tournament was pure shit.
Mar 19, 2013 1:56 PM

Mar 2012
Urgh, that old man is still foreshadowed, but it seems more likely to be an Admiral now, and we do know he's famous in some sort.

I call Haki when Zoro tracked down his katana!

Now the thing is, what will Luffy do now? He seems surprised in a way =/

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 19, 2013 1:57 PM

Mar 2013
SkyFade said:
Don Diamante, after Jozu I don't know what to expect from him.

isnt that a good thing? I mean so we can expect some new ability that we've never expect
Mar 19, 2013 2:47 PM

Aug 2012
Barion-Zara said:
-Jinsei- said:

Yeah I noticed that too...Glad that Zoro gained the far sight that Hawkeye has :)
What a good student XD

I thought the dark panel that preceded this indicated observation haki
Mar 19, 2013 2:47 PM

May 2012
Are we gonna see the first ever One Piece tournament arc?! Freakin awesome! Go Zoro! Although Luffy will probably win........but still! lol.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Mar 19, 2013 3:28 PM
May 2012
IMO, this tournament will never end, at least i hope, don't forget they must find the factory and destroy it + it seems that we will have a tournament like yu yu hakusho or FT, team vs team that means no final winner (like DB) but the fraction that will win is going to obtain the DF.

great chapter loved it, and it definitely proves that fairies exists
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

33 by Ave_Fenix »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - May 7

19 by Explncos »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 27, 2023

58 by Xpection »»
May 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 403 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

11 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 3:29 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 401 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

10 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 1:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.