Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 8, 2013 5:34 PM

Nov 2011
Let's see here...

Okay well, the VA department here is not bad from my view as well as the sound director. However, the rest? Having read the manga, I hope this will be satisfying. Thoughts on this?

Source.

Stark700Mar 8, 2013 5:38 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2013 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
All I see is

[insert name here] (guilty crown)

A lot of staff are from guilty crown it seems. I like that fact, cause the animators did a fantastic job with guilty crown's visuals. And I'm so happy sawano is back to do the music. The va's seem pretty good, although I'm not sure what to expect. Yui being mikasa seems interesting, since she's quite new, as well as yuki kaji being eren
Mar 8, 2013 9:27 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
All I see is

[insert name here] (guilty crown)

A lot of staff are from guilty crown it seems. I like that fact, cause the animators did a fantastic job with guilty crown's visuals. And I'm so happy sawano is back to do the music.

Yeah, so many Guilty Crown XD Tetsuro Araki did a great job with directing GC so that's good, and of course with Sawano Hiroyuki's beautiful/intense/epic compositions, it seems like this will be good. I'm not familiar with the person in charge of the series composition, but it seems like she's worked on anime that have good reviews (or at least from what I've read on MAL) so that also looks good.

I'm also not familiar with most of the VA cast, except KajiKaji of course XD Many might dislike him, but I think he will do a great job. I just hope he can deepen his voice a little more than usual for Eren. More like Alibaba, or adult Satoru would be awesome (but maybe just a little higher than that because then Eren would sound too adult like and he's not really :P). Ohsaka Ryota did a good job with Sasayan, he seems like he would be a good Marco.

I have high expectation for this :) I doubt Production IG would butcher the animation part, so the success of the anime I think would be based on the script, which hopefully will be good and will do the manga justice.
Mar 8, 2013 9:29 PM

Nov 2012
Oh how my heart sank knowing that the ones that worked on GC are working SnK
Mar 9, 2013 9:12 AM

Oct 2012
Alexx_ said:
Most of them are animators, not writers.
Mar 9, 2013 1:04 PM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:
Yu Kobayashi as Sasha

Awwwww yeah!
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Alexx_ said:
Most of them are animators, not writers.

Exactly, the story has already been written the GC staff are just there to make it look pretty animated and they did a good job with that on GC.
VioLinkMar 9, 2013 1:29 PM
[center]
Mar 9, 2013 1:13 PM

Mar 2012
Who's voicing me?
End Zionazism
Mar 9, 2013 1:21 PM

Jan 2011
I'm scared because Rivalle and Zoe don't have seiyuus yet. Aren't they introduced rather early in the story?
Mikasa said:
Who's voicing me?

The Russian chick from Darker than black.
[center]
Mar 9, 2013 1:23 PM

Mar 2012
Director said Rivaille is removed in the anime and replaced by an anime-original character.
End Zionazism
Mar 9, 2013 1:25 PM

Jan 2011
Mikasa said:
Director said Rivaille is removed in the anime and replaced by an anime-original character.

[center]
Mar 9, 2013 1:31 PM

Nov 2010
VioLink said:
Mikasa said:

Yeah why would they even do that.
Mar 9, 2013 2:04 PM

Jan 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
VioLink said:
Mikasa said:

Yeah why would they even do that.

I think he is joking but it is still weird that there is no info about him yet.
[center]
Mar 9, 2013 2:09 PM

Dec 2012
Mikasa said:
Wtf, sauce?
Mar 9, 2013 5:34 PM

Apr 2011
VioLink said:
Mikasa said:

WH...WAT...WHAT????????????
Rivaille will be replaced by an anime original character?I ain't accepting that D<

VioLink said:
I think he is joking but it is still weird that there is no info about him yet.

Ikr?Not only we don't know his seiyuu but also in the 2 promo pics of the anime he isn't there.Well I believe he will appear later in other pics but still at least we should know his seiyuu by now :/
Mar 9, 2013 6:05 PM

May 2011
So, RIP Attack on Titan.
Final nail in the coffin.
Guilty Crown with boob physics conifrmed.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mar 10, 2013 10:26 AM

Oct 2010
Bobbypick said:
So, RIP Attack on Titan.

And got possible the worse voice actor for Eren. Kaji should be voicing Armin since he's pretty much a coward. If he uses that whiny coward voice for Eren im dropping it day one and will just stay with the manga.
Mar 10, 2013 10:31 AM

Nov 2010
bonifide said:
Bobbypick said:
So, RIP Attack on Titan.

And got possible the worse voice actor for Eren. Kaji should be voicing Armin since he's pretty much a coward. If he uses that whiny coward voice for Eren im dropping it day one and will just stay with the manga.
It's not the worst possible VA for Eren. Kaiji can do some pretty normal non whiney voices, he's doing pretty good in Fairy Tail, I didn't even recognize him.
Mar 14, 2013 4:04 AM

Jun 2010
Guilty Crown, everywhere. Probably that's why Kaji was chosen too.
Mar 14, 2013 4:48 AM

Sep 2012
This has guilty crown written all over it
Literally
I can already imagine how awesome the 1st episode is going to be.
Can't wait for this!
Mar 14, 2013 6:20 AM
Mar 2012
egnaro315 said:
Literally
Can't wait for this!

wtf? shouldn't you be disappointed that it has guilty crown written over it?
Mar 14, 2013 1:26 PM

Oct 2012
Shaduge said:
egnaro315 said:
Literally
Can't wait for this!

well, you can't deny guilty crown had great visuals
Mar 14, 2013 1:32 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Shaduge said:
egnaro315 said:
Literally
Can't wait for this!

Not to mention the music was also intense. The cinematography was great as well. I think you're getting confused with the how the plot of GC developed vs. what the rest of the anime had to offer. Like AnimeHAwk616 said, the visuals were also great. I'm just glad that the person in charge of series composition/script isn't the same person as the as GC ^^
Mar 14, 2013 8:45 PM

Sep 2011
Like people said; Guilty crown had everything from the Stunning Visuals to Music, but lacked the character development and story went to shit around the halfway mark.

Also if Rivaille is to be replaced I'm going to smack a bitch.
Mar 14, 2013 9:11 PM

Oct 2012
tingy said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Shaduge said:
egnaro315 said:
Literally
Can't wait for this!

Not to mention the music was also intense. The cinematography was great as well. I think you're getting confused with the how the plot of GC developed vs. what the rest of the anime had to offer. Like AnimeHAwk616 said, the visuals were also great. I'm just glad that the person in charge of series composition/script isn't the same person as the as GC ^^
Lol, yup. Can't forget the music too. But really, As long as this guy is doing the series composition or the script, That's when you should really start worrying about guilty crown

And if what some guy says about rivaille being replaced is true, I would murder someone so hard if not done properly.
Mar 14, 2013 11:41 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
tingy said:

Lol, yup. Can't forget the music too. But really, As long as this guy is doing the series composition or the script, That's when you should really start worrying about guilty crown

And if what some guy says about rivaille being replaced is true, I would murder someone so hard if not done properly.

Haha yeah Yoshino Hiroyuki. That guy. I talked about this with someone regarding Magi as well.

What? What's the point of replacing Rivaille o_O That doesn't even make sense to me. I'm really hoping this is not true...he's a kickass character that needs to be animated.
Mar 14, 2013 11:49 PM

Nov 2010
tingy said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
tingy said:

Haha yeah Yoshino Hiroyuki. That guy. I talked about this with someone regarding Magi as well.

What? What's the point of replacing Rivaille o_O That doesn't even make sense to me. I'm really hoping this is not true...he's a kickass character that needs to be animated.
He's probably one of the characters that I would be most sure that they wouldn't replace. You can tell people are going to love him.
Mar 15, 2013 2:58 PM

Oct 2012
tingy said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
tingy said:

yeah, I heard he screwed up magi big time. I haven't read the manga, but I thought it would have been a better idea to end at the balbadd arc, and allow for a slower pace for the material prior. Now I heard it will end on an anime original ending.

And yeah, rivaille is such a kickass character. I love everything about him, from his seriously awkward expression he has all the time, to his spinning fighting style. If they do replace him, I hope it's with someone with the same badass personality as him, and the awesome fighting style. But I hope the guy who said he was being replaced was kidding.
Mar 15, 2013 7:06 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
tingy said:

yeah, I heard he screwed up magi big time. I haven't read the manga, but I thought it would have been a better idea to end at the balbadd arc, and allow for a slower pace for the material prior. Now I heard it will end on an anime original ending.

And yeah, rivaille is such a kickass character. I love everything about him, from his seriously awkward expression he has all the time, to his spinning fighting style. If they do replace him, I hope it's with someone with the same badass personality as him, and the awesome fighting style. But I hope the guy who said he was being replaced was kidding.

Well I don't think he screwed up Magi big time or anything, but it definitely was up to my expectations. I also agree with you that it should've just ended at Balbadd. I don't even want to imagine how the orignal ending if going to be...=_=

Yes if they do replace him he must be just as awesome. Which brings up the question, why would they replace him at all? I also really hope that guy is kidding. I will at first be relieved that Rivaille isn't being replaced, then I will extremely angry that the person made me think that Rivaille might've been replaced.
Mar 16, 2013 6:52 AM

Jun 2010
Tyrel said:
Like people said; Guilty crown had everything from the Stunning Visuals to Music, but lacked the character development and story went to shit around the first mark.

Correction.
Mar 16, 2013 6:55 AM

Oct 2012
Guilty crown was by far quite an exceptional series, some may not agree with me, but hey middle finger to you for I give no sh**s.

I'm looking forward to this, the artwork the music and more for guilty crown was superb, while some may not like the story itself and execution, I don't think you could deny the artwork and music was superb.
Mar 16, 2013 7:25 AM

Sep 2011
MillaMaxwell said:
Tyrel said:
Like people said; Guilty crown had everything from the Stunning Visuals to Music, but lacked the character development and story went to shit around the first mark.

Correction.

Lol. I was fine with the Storyline until around ep 10.
Mar 16, 2013 12:42 PM

Mar 2012
Guys, I was joking about replacing Rivaille...

Teehee
End Zionazism
Mar 16, 2013 12:48 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Mikasa said:

Teehee

...okay. LOL nice to know that he isn't being replaced. I'm not good with knowing when people are joking online x_x
Mar 16, 2013 5:31 PM

Aug 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
tingy said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Shaduge said:
egnaro315 said:
Literally
Can't wait for this!

I hope Yoshino isn't involved in this. He already ruined the Magi adaptation.
Mar 16, 2013 5:45 PM

Dec 2012
Mikasa said:

Teehee
Thank god

and damn you ;_;
Mar 17, 2013 5:17 AM

Apr 2011
Mikasa said:

Teehee

Ok... xD

At least it was you jking because seriously if they replace Rivaille(my fav.character from the manga) I will rage like there is no tomorrow and I will lose hope in the anime >.<
I wonder who will voice Rivaille though.

Also as the others said here,if Yoshino is not involved in this and it's only the staff from GC I don't mind at all.GC had a very good animation along with the OST.
Mar 17, 2013 11:03 PM

Oct 2012
Mikasa said:

Teehee
You better.. Lol
Mar 17, 2013 11:10 PM

Oct 2012
tingy said:
Mikasa said:

Teehee

...okay. LOL nice to know that he isn't being replaced. I'm not good with knowing when people are joking online x_x
YEAH! Now all that's left is to see who's voice acting him. Lol. It's so much easier to tell if someone's joking in real life...when you can see their face.
Mar 18, 2013 12:07 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
tingy said:
Mikasa said:

Teehee

YEAH! Now all that's left is to see who's voice acting him. Lol. It's so much easier to tell if someone's joking in real life...when you can see their face.

And hear their tone of voice :)

Yeees I want to know who's his VA! I wonder why they haven't announced it yet...
Mar 18, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2010
Why Yuuki Kaji for the main role again? I'm too interested in this anime to drop it because of him but... I don't want to handle his voice with all this shouting and nothing more.
Mar 18, 2013 4:31 PM

Oct 2010
fujioka-san said:
Why Yuuki Kaji for the main role again? I'm too interested in this anime to drop it because of him but... I don't want to handle his voice with all this shouting and nothing more.

I'm with you im sick of his damn whiny ass voice. If he does whine and yell all the time i will drop it. Well i did just watch a trailer so its ok so far. He should had been that other guy that matches his voice perfectly.
Mar 19, 2013 8:09 AM

Jun 2010
bonifide said:
fujioka-san said:

I'm with you im sick of his damn whiny ass voice. If he does whine and yell all the time i will drop it. Well i did just watch a trailer so its ok so far. He should had been that other guy that matches his voice perfectly.

He needs some testosterone.
Mar 19, 2013 12:49 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
MillaMaxwell said:
bonifide said:
fujioka-san said:

He needs some testosterone.

Idk whether or not he's going to use his "whiny" voice as you guys described, but Kaji Yuki can do deep voices too. And I quote this from the other thread:

Yamida said:

Just for the people who don't belive Kajii Yuki can play badass character.
He voices like many different characters in this show (even though most of them are just minor expect from three).
Mar 25, 2013 9:55 AM

May 2012
I don't get all the hate on Yuuki Kaji's voice,I think his voice is pretty fine.
But I want a deeper voice for Mikasa..
Mar 25, 2013 3:11 PM

Aug 2010
fujioka-san said:

Dropping an anime for a seiyuu (who isn't even bad)?
Seriously, what's wrong with you people...
Mar 29, 2013 3:58 AM

May 2012

Rivaille is coming out fagets
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 29, 2013 8:52 AM

Apr 2011
The VAs of Rivaille, Irvin and Zoe are out:

Rivaille:Kamiya Hiroshi (zhdgsjgfds OMG I am dying~~ one of my favourite seiyuus <3)
Irvin:Daisuke Ono (Already dead now...Another favourite seiyuu *___*)
Zoe: Paku Romi ( I am in heaven~~~)

Also a new PV will be out tomorrow :'D

P.S:You can check the character's design in this page
http://shingeki.tv/character/#0

EDIT:

The new PV will air tomorrow, March 31st.
Sorry for the wrong news :/
Makise11Mar 30, 2013 2:51 AM
Mar 29, 2013 12:04 PM

Jan 2011
Tommk said:

Rivaille is coming out fagets
aria93 said:

Rivaille:Kamiya Hiroshi (zhdgsjgfds OMG I am dying~~ one of my favourite seiyuus <3)

Holy shit I just died.
[center]
Mar 29, 2013 3:57 PM

Aug 2010
aria93 said:

Kamiya Hiroshi, Daisuke Ono and Paku Romi?
This anime adaptation got 10 times better
Mar 30, 2013 7:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
sweetdrops said:
aria93 said:

Kamiya Hiroshi, Daisuke Ono and Paku Romi?
This anime adaptation got 10 times better

My thoughts exactly! I love all three of them!!! This is wonderful news XD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1653 by Rishab_WasHere »»
May 12, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1035 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.