Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Feb 14, 2016 11:22 PM

Feb 2010
Akane went from fresh out of the water to full badass XD
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 11, 2016 5:31 PM

Aug 2014
The speech with the Sibyl System wasn't necessary imo.
Good Episode.
May 22, 2016 3:13 AM

Aug 2010
Surprised that Sybil chose to reveal its secret to Akane, are they willing to go that far just to get Makishima.

If every brain in there is as "criminally asymptomatic" as Makishima, does that mean all of them have violent/criminal tendencies? And if so, I don't get how a collective of such brains would be wholesome, although keeping some brains that are idiosyncratic is valuable in that it keeps in check the unordinary factors/values. It said it didnt value the division between what is good/evil but how is collecting all brains that are all similar (all being "criminally asymptomatic") being wholesome? This is what I dont get. Unless I'm missing something here...

And finally we're seeing some character development on Akane. Seems that she's becoming like Kogami lol in the way she thinks of him, as Kogami thinks of Makishima.

And Makishima, I like his argument against the Sybil system but the way he does things...I cant agree with it. It seems that to him the end justifies the means huh..
Aug 30, 2016 12:55 PM
Jun 2010
Kougami's leaps of logic are a little overdone. And Makishima never hurries or has a sense of urgency? He surely knows how quick the writer made Kougami on picking him up... I hope bitch Akane dies. Imagine Sibyl betraying all of them XD
Nov 13, 2016 5:14 AM

Aug 2016
I love how they put the ending song, it sets the atmosphere just right for the final showdown against Makishima
Nov 19, 2016 4:14 PM

Sep 2015
Akane's character development boosted a lot this episode.
Dec 15, 2016 5:01 AM
Feb 2014
Does the Sibyl system not know how to set up defensive machine guns that shoot on sight when it detects a human?
The granary is totally human-free,right?So there shouldn't be any human there....

Also,Sibyl system KNEW that Shogo Makishima was an enemy...why can't it simply use their drones there to capture him????

One man terrorist...for REAL.....
Apr 19, 2017 1:54 PM

May 2010
Akane Akane Akane... Badass. Loved how she completely owned the Sibyl system. She better save Kougami.
Apr 24, 2017 10:27 AM
Apr 2017
I really like Akane's character development. That crash course from Saiga-sensei turned out to be really useful. :P

Also.... Eyeballs.... XD
May 28, 2017 1:24 PM

Apr 2017
Eudaimonia said:
On the other side there is the true form of the Sibyl System, ... something that rubs Akane and with no doubt the majority of the audience the wrong way to say the least.

I does not rub me the wrong way at all.

What is justice? Must all criminals be punished by imprisonment, inaction, or death? As part of the Sibyl System, they are doing a HUGE amount of community service work, and they have lost their physical bodies. That could be considered their just punishment.

I'm having a strong disconnect between Akane and the other characters. They are horrified by the "true form" of the Sibyl System, but I can only think "so what?" Yes, many (most?) of the brains are those of terrible criminals. The System should be judged by its product and not its composition, however. What has the Sibyl System done to warrant so much horror? Killing Kagari? Akane's own reaction to the true form of the System provides practical justification for that action. On the other hand, the System has been caring for and supporting a whole civilization for years. I think dismissal of the Sibyl System based on its "true form" is a narrow-minded approach.
Thorn_WallMay 28, 2017 2:55 PM
Jun 23, 2017 12:37 PM

May 2013
Hm. So Akane and sync her thoughts with Kou's now. I'll give her some credit for that. Her growth took awhile though :|

She's naive if she thinks Sibyl is gonna let Kou live. Bitch better protect him on her own >.>
Sep 5, 2017 4:25 AM
Jan 2012
Akane's growth through the series is really impressive. Such a great character.
May 6, 2018 3:24 AM

Apr 2009
shinezu said:

Anyone else thinks Sibyl system won't live up to its end of the bargain?

Yuuup.

One thing that bothers me is that we already know that the brains comprising sibyl still have some sort of identity left. If you take a mass murderer and psychopath and connect him to a network that has the primary goal of maintaining ORDER and JUSTICE, how does he (the murderer) not retain his desire to upset that order and justice? I mean, isn't it counter-intuitive to say the absolute least, to make up a judiciary system of people that completely don't agree with common ethics and morals? How do you make sure that the brain only works towards benefitting the society and not towards his own goals or desires? Is it like, MOST of the brains have been 'good', moral people and they keep the psychos in check? We only know two people that were or would have been part of sybil as asymptomatic beings, and they're both murderers, but that might not be the general rule, maybe as much as 150 or 200 of those brains belonged to people that were asymptomatic yet with high moral standards. Heck, maybe even Akane is one of those...
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 6, 2018 3:27 AM

Apr 2009
blue-y said:

If every brain in there is as "criminally asymptomatic" as Makishima, does that mean all of them have violent/criminal tendencies? And if so, I don't get how a collective of such brains would be wholesome, although keeping some brains that are idiosyncratic is valuable in that it keeps in check the unordinary factors/values. It said it didnt value the division between what is good/evil but how is collecting all brains that are all similar (all being "criminally asymptomatic") being wholesome? This is what I dont get. Unless I'm missing something here...

That's what I'm wondering as well, maybe you've put it in better words :D
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 5, 2018 9:29 PM
Dec 2014
Three episodes ago, I said that Akane needed to step up.. and she really did it this episode :D

@Cenedess
@blue-y

If every brain in there is as "criminally asymptomatic" as Makishima, does that mean all of them have violent/criminal tendencies?

I do not think that is correct. I think it means that Sybil would not be able to correctly assess their Hue/Crime Coefficient, but it doesn't necessarily make them all criminals.

Of course catching someone committing some horrible acts only to find the Dominator impotent is a sure way of determining the person as "criminally asymptomatic", bur someone who does not commit any crime at all but more or less control their Hue/CC and would not be flagged if they commit a crime would likely be classed as such. They might be harder to pinpoint, but perhaps someone who have never seen their hue fluctuate under any circumstance in their life could flag up in the system.

On that note, I have a feeling that Akane might be something different but parallel. I do not think that the way her Hue/CC is always clear can be explained by a mental fortitude (she's been shown far more shaken than all Enforcers shown at various point), nor an unwavering optimism.
Oct 2, 2018 7:29 PM

Jan 2017
Yes. Show kagari again and break my heart. (ಥ_ಥ)
Sorry for my English.
Dec 28, 2018 9:52 PM

May 2016
Finding out that the very foundation of your society turned out to be a congregation of the most despicable minds imaginable would certainly be a shock especially when after all this time, they were doing a somewhat good job upholding the peace. The riots being caused by a lack of governance by the system really didn't help Akane in finding reasons to resist Sibyl as a whole too. At least she found a way to gain enough leverage to negotiate for her friend's safety, finally saving someone else if they even bother keeping that promise. But I think even if Makishima was turned into a brain, he'd prove to be overwhelming to the order of the machine and either cause Sibyl to go rogue or destroy it altogether.

Akane really was a bad-ass thinking like Kogami when conducting the investigation and she was only there for a few minutes. The whole dilemma earlier made her more determined to save Shinya after all.

Mar 23, 2019 7:02 PM

Nov 2016
Akane became straight badass, but it's all to save Ko-chan.

The build up for the finale has been so exciting and my expectations are accordingly high.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 2019 2:42 PM
Oct 2018
So the system is based off old criminals like makishima?
also kougami is a badass as usual, gives 0 fucks.
suprising to see akane take control of the field and be a leader for once, good shit
Jun 2, 2019 7:49 PM

Aug 2017
Oh nice, we know more about the Sibyl system logic. Akane developed.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 7, 2019 7:13 AM

Dec 2014
damn it's one reveal after the other..... this is so bad ass
Jul 10, 2019 9:53 AM

Dec 2018
Lol, Makishima got no time to waste, just have a little chat with the old man and decide to kill him.

Akane thought the reason that Kogami didn't hide the corpse was so that the MWPSB can help them. While that could be true. The other reason could be he don't have time to waste. It's plot convenient how she came to this conclusion so fast.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 4, 2019 2:02 PM
Sep 2018
WEAK FOOL LOL MAKASHIMA DID ENOUGH FOR A FUCKING DEATH PENALTY AND BECAUSE OF AKANES IDEAL OF NO BLOODSHED SHES GOING TO END UP KILLING MORE PEOPLE IF SHE DOESENT KILL MAKASHIMA HERSELF PEOPLE LIKE HER WITH WEAK WILLS AND IDEALS THAT CANT FACE REALITY ARE PARASITES THAT END UP KILLING OTHERS WITHOUT INTENT BECAUSE THEY CANT DECIDE WHATS MORE IMPORTANT
Jan 27, 2020 9:51 PM
Aug 2016
Sibyl System is an all out hypocrite ass.hole. Telling Akane that they do not need improvements so that they can maintain as perfect system and at the same time, take in Makishima Shougo as part of their team.

Aren't you just making excuses? Simply getting rid those pointless murderers like the first case and take in high intelligence criminal like Makishima, you are basically helping them escape from sentence and runs the country.

No matter what you done to build Sibyl System, it doesn't change the fact that you destroy people lives. And that you can always move around using mechanical body, how is that calling punishment? Your logic is wrong in the first place. Talking like a god, its puking.

Again, I root for Makishima but he can go and die after he destroy the system.

I am happy with Akane growth but sad for her since she has to go through so much. I really doubt Kogami can live freely since Sibyl can use thousands of ways and people to kill him. I mean they can kill of Kagari instead of washing his mind, they can always repeat history. So, the best way is still kill off Makishima.

Yea, and I do want to break those brain case, they are disgusting af.
Jun 18, 2020 3:32 PM

Jan 2014
Something that I am wondering upon rewatching is why is this facility under such weak security? All of Japan supposedly relies on this food source and yet they never updated the old security? That seems strange to me. Unless they never bothered to because no people live in that area? Idk

I am also realizing that I don’t think the Sibyl System is that bad, lol. If it really does eliminate most other problems aside from “free will” then I think it’s an improvement (to my experience in America at least). IMO no one quite has free will in our world anyway, you are kind of stuck into the race, gender, and socioeconomic class you were born into and have to navigate your life that way. The world of PP just replaced it with a crime coefficient. And, in America we are all governed by the top 1% of wealth. These people are all billionaires, and no billionaire is ethical imo. I suppose it’s different than being a serial killer like Makishima, but still it’s not saints that rule over us. So maybe I am just cynical, but the Sibyl System doesn’t seem like that bad a trade off. No one seems like they’re homeless, or living in poverty, and mental health is a top priority. Like that seems like a pretty good deal lmao. I can only speak for America though, which is really in a dark place rn lol
Jul 15, 2020 7:58 PM
Oct 2019
Akane is fucking WEAK. What a pathetic character. I legit hate her. She actually agrees that a bunch of evil people's' brains controlling the whole country via lies is acceptable. She couldn't even say she disagreed. Couldn't say, "No" or shake her head. She's terrible in every sense. Flat out sucks. Finally putting on her "good detective" hat at the end doesn't change jack shit.

Kagari flashback...yes. But Akane-Makishima's philosophical talk...lame af.
HagePotPotatoJul 15, 2020 8:03 PM
Nov 9, 2020 3:41 PM

Apr 2020
Tsunemori is like Kougami in solving problems
Jan 1, 2021 3:08 PM
Apr 2016
You'd assume those "criminally asymptomatic" individuals are akin to Light Yagami, with questionable actions but somewhat morally blurry, but that's just not the case, Makishima is high-key a messed-up psychopath and so are the other ones in Sibyl System. Makishima's actions are not even remotely morally blurry, he's a humanist that indulges in what fascinates him regardless of the indulgence's righteousness. How can those that cannot understand human value or emotions evaluate anyone? This is blatantly paradoxical and asinine. The system per se is good, but it functioning as intended is just ridiculous.

I enjoyed the world-building this episode, though.
Jul 21, 2021 5:22 AM
Dec 2017
Its only a matter of time now before the sybil system does end one day.

Jan 4, 2022 8:46 AM

Dec 2007
kinda love how the story progressing, it's reminding me more monster now lol.

about akane, i'm actually thinking she's more about using the sybil system now because she knows it's will rather than believing in it. and though she's in favour of it, it's only because she knows people would not able to live normally again. but i'm pretty sure she's gonna do some kind of inside rebellion to change the system in the future of this series.
Jan 5, 2022 10:55 AM

Oct 2017
I always thought that the gun can't check his Psycho-Pass correctly because of his psychopathy. The system is basically built around anxiety, which is why Akane keeps a low Psycho-Pass after witnessing traumatic events because she can get past them quite easily, and why Makishima's Psycho-Pass is never dangerous, because he simply doesn't care one bit about his victims, and makes others do the killing for him. Almost every other crime is committed with that emotional turbulence and distress one way or another, even if it's just distress getting caught, but psychopaths don't have that when committing crimes.
There was a quote a character said quite a few episodes ago as to why Akane's Psycho-Pass is so low, that explains it the most IMO, and psychopaths are pretty void of emotion so that makes sense on that end.
BunilleJan 5, 2022 11:00 AM
Apr 23, 2022 8:12 AM

Oct 2019
It was obvious that Kagari was dead meat from the moment he discovered what Sibyl really was but damn... still sucks to get the confirmation. Why's it always gotta be my favourites who kick the bucket in gritty shows :(
May 30, 2023 3:19 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like it only took Makishima one day at a dude's place to become an expert in bio-viruses, sure.
Jul 17, 2023 12:56 PM

Aug 2019
I'm not sure I trust the sibyl system to maintain their word regarding what Akane requested.

Makishima smiling was something I didn’t know I needed.
Aug 2, 2023 10:47 AM
Aug 2022
Cut that poser too Shogo my boy. 
Aug 28, 2023 7:23 PM

Jul 2012
The law today / todays system was created by more than one bad people brain (thinking)

For me, if I were in Akane's position ofcourse I would choose to destroy the system even if I knew the consecuence..
Back to old law / system is still better than live a life with full of illusion (like today)..

If only this white haired guy never kill our beloved chara friend, things would be diff (atleast on viewers perspective)..

Jan 26, 3:31 AM
Jun 2023
I still don't understand how a bunch of past criminals are able to set the standards for peace and harmony? Since they were all apathetic towards evil doings in their past life, how do they even understand what is right and what is wrong? This entire system is really confusing right from the start, that is why no one understands what is going on with it and people just came to just accept the way it is because the people in power force the citizens to live in this dystopian society.

And then there is this complete psycho with his brain entirely fucked in the head who takes pride in seeing the world burn and murder, deceiving manipulating and murdering people who have nothing to do with him all for his own little entertainment. His completely delusional thinking keeps trying to convey to shinya to blame it all on the sibyl system when he is literally a part of the problem himself, what a hypocritical and selfish piece of trash human being. That is exactly why he is a societal reject, and the writers made it looks like he never understood why he is a reject when the reason is clear as day and night. And it seems obvious he gives zero fuck about people's lives and what people go through. So what exactly does this trash human being even understand about people's lives when he has so much trouble understanding himself?
nyankanaJan 26, 3:56 AM
Feb 21, 12:10 AM
Aug 2023
It seems like this sci-fi doesn't understand biology, Shougo's plan is to take a virus engineered to be a pesticide, and genetically alter it to target the hyper-oats it should be protecting against pests. I imagine he's targeting the pesticide because it's going to be delivered unknowingly to the hyper-oats. Well, pesticides kills pests which are animals and insects, not plants which the hyper-oats are. So he's going to re-engineer a virus designed as a pesticide to kill plants just like that? Wouldn't it just be a whole lot more easier (and more likely to succeed) to replace the pesticide with herbicide than trying to alter the pesticide into a herbicide, which is infinitely more likely to fail without the proper experimenting and testing? But I guess that would defeat the purpose of incorporating an sci-fi pesticide into the story, they got to alter it genetically on the fly to make it more sci-fi like.
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
Aug 2021
Akane has had some serious character development. Her detective skills are off the charts right now. Not only that her mental fortitude is commendable. Ko & Maki r really two sides of the same coin. They remind me of Batman and Joker. Honestly, I love how the story has progressed. Shout out to the author😂. W storytelling.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.